News:

Main Menu

Terraria

Started by SinXAzgard21, September 27, 2012, 06:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

So I know that this game isn't getting anymore updates unless the mod community can get a good grip on it.  There are three of us playing so far and was wondering if there are any more on Elliquiy who play this wonderful little game.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

I did!  Was a lot of fun, but after a while, I stopped realizing that it's actually pretty small, even on the largest maps.  There needs more content, like 'quests' and monster types.  Maybe some rare uncraftable loot.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Calison

I recently got Terraria earlier this month and I've been having a blast with it! ^^ At the point where my next step is beating the Wall of Flesh...but after looking up the boss on the wiki, it sounds like a tough fight xD; I'm currently waiting on my friends to get to the point where they can help me beat it.

Also, Minishark=<3

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 27, 2012, 07:26:37 PM
I did!  Was a lot of fun, but after a while, I stopped realizing that it's actually pretty small, even on the largest maps.  There needs more content, like 'quests' and monster types.  Maybe some rare uncraftable loot.

There will not be anymore content added to it, the consoles are getting a port with the new content but the game is officially 'finished' and the company is moving on to newer projects.  The modding community is hoping to get a hold of the coding and such to further add content to the game. 

Nadir

I play it now and then, though not since the update where they introduced unicorns.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Dim Hon on September 28, 2012, 10:47:37 AM
I play it now and then, though not since the update where they introduced unicorns.

Something wrong with murderous unicorns?

Nadir

Not at all, I just get sledgehammered by work *grins*

Ryven

I've been looking at it, and I might actually pick it up and play.

Chris Brady

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on September 28, 2012, 04:20:47 AM
There will not be anymore content added to it, the consoles are getting a port with the new content but the game is officially 'finished' and the company is moving on to newer projects.  The modding community is hoping to get a hold of the coding and such to further add content to the game.
i know, that's the main reason why I stopped.  Until someone(s) find a way to add content, I just can't drum up any real interest in it anymore.  I still prefer it to Minecraft (And given just how much of a troll 'Notch' is turning out to be I refuse to send him any of my money, even if I did like it.)

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 28, 2012, 02:43:20 PM
i know, that's the main reason why I stopped.  Until someone(s) find a way to add content, I just can't drum up any real interest in it anymore.  I still prefer it to Minecraft (And given just how much of a troll 'Notch' is turning out to be I refuse to send him any of my money, even if I did like it.)

The modding community may not get it, Red hates the modding community.  There was a great multiplayer mod and he patched it as soon as he could. I love the game, its a great time passer and playing with people was amazing.  Starbound is coming out eventually which is basically Terraria in space.

The Kinkster

It's an awesome game, really.
There's still so much stuff for me to collect, I haven't even beaten the Wall of Flesh yet.

Chris Brady

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on September 28, 2012, 03:03:44 PM
The modding community may not get it, Red hates the modding community.  There was a great multiplayer mod and he patched it as soon as he could. I love the game, its a great time passer and playing with people was amazing.  Starbound is coming out eventually which is basically Terraria in space.

And that's why I won't get Starbound.  He'll get bored of it, and move on to another project, leaving it feeling empty again.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: The Kinkster on September 28, 2012, 07:18:34 PM
It's an awesome game, really.
There's still so much stuff for me to collect, I haven't even beaten the Wall of Flesh yet.

Me and a friend have a world dedicated to beating Wall of Flesh.  Once we are geared up we are going to fight it.
Quote from: Chris Brady on September 28, 2012, 08:16:37 PM
And that's why I won't get Starbound.  He'll get bored of it, and move on to another project, leaving it feeling empty again.

It wasn't that he was bored with it.  He feels that it is done, sadly ps3 and 360 are getting the last update.  The game doesn't feel empty, it doesn't need 'quests' and has enough monsters to deal with considering the deeper you go the faster they spawn.

Ryven

I finally have this game. >.>

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on September 28, 2012, 08:51:42 PM
The game doesn't feel empty, it doesn't need 'quests' and has enough monsters to deal with considering the deeper you go the faster they spawn.

It really does after you've already done everything in it. Starting out is hard and slow, but once you've gotten your first meteorite set the rest of the game slides downhill pretty fast. Before long you're just farming up souls to summon the uber bosses so you can farm THEIR souls for the excalibur and its associated armor and then...then what? You've got the best gear in the game, you can kill anything and go anywhere, but there's no reason to go anywhere since you can't find anything more you'll need unless you're trying to craft some very specific kind of structure and everywhere you go looks the same.

There was a time when I tried covering an entire map in the faerie ground (hallow?) but that got pretty dull, though it was a little amusing filling in the corrupted sinkholes with pewpew white light for the first couple. The game just has limited replay value.

I'm hopeful Starbound will be better in that regard, but not sure.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.