News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

AndyZ may run Scion

Started by AndyZ, October 22, 2011, 07:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

If you want boats, the city of Newhaven will have various rivers going through it and be on the coast.  I'll let you have a plane or helicopter as well if you can justify the cost with your backstory.  Rules for such vehicles are in the Companion, but I can provide them if you need them.

Personally, I'd love for everyone to have the relic if they all want it.  I'm big on allowing easy communication between PCs.  It'd even be a fun way of starting the campaign if all the people who have such things are how they get called together in the first place.

Speaking of, you're free to know each other at the start if you like.  I'd just want to know how much of each other you know in order to allow me an easier time in planning.

I can set up the OOC thread now if people want.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

avorae

Naw a palne is a little bit much for her to be starting out. I was thinking along the lines of a boat, a motorcylce, and a car or maybe a van depending on the number of players we have. I might give her some skills in piloting though but she will just rent a plane as needed.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

AndyZ

I'll just say that Newhaven has one big river that flows through the middle of the city then.  The north side tends to be richer and the south side poorer.  That'll allow easy boat use ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

avorae

I was wondering if this knack would be alright from the Wiki but limited to six specific skills from the chosen catagory... (Control in her case)

Renaissance (Wo)Man
Prerequisite: Star Pupil
This Knack allows the Scion to consolidate their Abilities of Art, Craft, Control and Science into a single Ability. For instance, a Scion who had three dots in Art (Guitar) who took this Knack would suddenly have three dots in all forms of Art. He would pick them up instantly, instinctively knowing how to play the piano, sing, dance, do comedy improv, etc. A Scion who had 4 dots in Science (Biology) would suddenly have equal knowledge in chemistry, astronomy, etc. This Knack can be taken multiple times, each one allowing the character to consolidate a different Ability. If the Ability already has multiple aspects, like a character with 3 dots of Control (Automobile), and 2 dots of Control (Airplane) should discuss the loss of the lesser one with the Storyteller, as with the 10th dot of Animal.

Bloody Rose

Sharon

I work on what I said about sending the PM between me and Keelan to you. If we are still going with what we talked about Keelan?...

AndyZ

In the future, please give links when you give stuff from the wiki.  It makes it easier for me.

I'll allow the Knack.  I was going to say that it only works once per, and that you have to take it multiple times to get mulitple Abilities, but it already says that ^_^

However, because of its purchase, I'll allow you to take Vehicles as a Craft specialty, rather than spreading out into Automotive, Boats and all the others.

Bloody Rose

AndyZ

Already sent a PM to Zarazel to let him know he can hop in.

By the way, Avorae, remember that it's Legend 2 and that Knack has a prereq.  Thankfully, you can still buy extra knacks with bonus points.

Bloody Rose

Any skeletons we have to follow? real pics or anime?

AndyZ

Your character sheet has to be put down in a way that I can understand it and that you can post it on a character thread.  I don't mind if your pictures are drawn or real, but if you don't have a picture, I'd like at least a paragraph describing your character.

Bloody Rose

cool cool, if you need any help with this let me know I will be more than willing to  help ya

AndyZ

Quote from: Zarazel on October 24, 2011, 10:41:52 PM
cool cool, if you need any help with this let me know I will be more than willing to  help ya

Wait, you mean that you'd actually like to run a game?

Bloody Rose

I am the local GM at my tabletop group of friends I was asking if you needed help with anything to let me know

avorae

Quote from: AndyZ on October 24, 2011, 10:36:37 PM
By the way, Avorae, remember that it's Legend 2 and that Knack has a prereq.  Thankfully, you can still buy extra knacks with bonus points.

Yea I was aware of that but seeing as I will not be having a lot of boons anyway it won't hurt me to spend the Bonus points for it.

AndyZ

Quote from: Zarazel on October 24, 2011, 10:44:32 PM
I am the local GM at my tabletop group of friends I was asking if you needed help with anything to let me know

Will do, thanks.  Sorry for misunderstanding.

Quote from: avorae on October 24, 2011, 10:44:52 PM
Yea I was aware of that but seeing as I will not be having a lot of boons anyway it won't hurt me to spend the Bonus points for it.

Understandable ^_^

Bloody Rose

I was thinking a Ares scion

avorae

Yea aside from her PSP I am only going to start out with either Psychopomp or water. Any others she picks up will be based on what happens in game.

OH yea after much deliberation I figured Susano-o fits my concept better than Amaterasu though I can make it work with her. I would just need to figure out how she got psyhcopomp or water for her Purview if i do saty with her.

avorae

Quote from: Zarazel on October 24, 2011, 11:06:29 PM
I was thinking a Ares scion

Hey Z want to team up and hvae our characters know each other from the get go?

Bloody Rose

Sure I guess we could hehe what god are you picking

AndyZ

Zero objection to your having alternate relics to your usual deity so long as you can explain how it happened.

Ares works out great as well ^_^

Bloody Rose

Keelan

Hey, since my gal is likely going to be a Brawl-combat focused character, can I have a relic that enhances her unarmed combat abilities?  Such as increased damage, Acc, or lower speed?  I just would like to know how that would all work out, since I'm the newb to the system...

AndyZ

Brass Knuckles are Accuracy +1, Damage +2B, Defense +1, and Speed 4.  From there you can get relic points to raise Accuracy, Damage, or Defense on a 1 for 1 basis, or to lower Speed down to 3.

How's that sound?

Keelan

Hm... that would work, though I suspect my girl would have a diverse fighting style (think MMA, MCMAP, or Krav Maga), so would I have to say I am striking directly with the brass knuckles or would I be allowed some leniency, especially since there is light and heavy punches as well as clinches in the book?