Trouble viewing Images

Started by Ritsu, August 02, 2013, 10:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ritsu

So I'm not sure why, but I'm unable to load some of the images from a particular thread (x)

From what I can tell it's only the ones hosted on flickr. I get the "Sorry, but this image is unavailable at this time." Error message. I've talked to the owner about it, and she can still see them, and I believe another person said they could see them as well, but I'm not 100% on that second statement. However, I'm pretty sure it's not a problem between flickr and my computer, as I'm able to go to their site and browse other images just fine.

Oniya

I'm getting the same message, both from the forum post and by pasting the URL into my browser bar, which leads me to believe that it's not something on your end.  It's possible that the images that the owner and the other person are seeing are being retrieved from their web caches on their computers, rather than the website, which is a fairly common reason for one person to see an image that is unavailable to others.

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ritsu

Ahhh that might be it. Thanks a ton Oniya. I asked if she did anything to the album, and she said negative on that end as well, so I just wanted to see if anyone else had any solution ideas.

Oniya

She might want to go check the album herself.  I've had images removed from my Imageshack account because they were too 'adult' in nature.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Ritsu

I'll let her know. Thanks again sweetie.

Hera

Another thing is that users can set their own pictures to various levels of who can and can't see them on flickr.  So she might have them set so that she can see them, or only she and certain others can see them, which might be why it looked ok to another person.

Just a thought.

Oniya

Either way, it comes down to something on the flickr end of things - but thanks for the info!

*files for future reference*