Is the site running slow for anyone else?

Started by Josietta, February 16, 2014, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

I've noticed over the last few days that my computer is having a hard time loading up pages after I've had E opened for a bit. An example would be if i have more than one tab open. It will sit there and "spin" for about 30 seconds and sometimes load but often goes to "not found" type screen. I have to close down the tab and reopen E before it will work again. 

I want to note this -only- happens to me on Elliquiy. I've tried a few other sites and they all work fine.

It got so bad last night that I just shut off my computer and said "eff it" because i got tired of waiting and reopening and such. Sometimes it would take 3-4 attempts at a refresh to load a screen. Its frustrating to say the least.

I wanted to see if it was just me or if it was a server thing with E?

Note: I am running win8.1 with an updated chrome browser.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Autumn Sativus

I've noticed this as well.

Windows 8.1 Pro w/ Chrome 33 Beta
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

LunarSage

Me too.

Though I am running Vista and Chrome.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Jag

Been happening on my work computer (Ububtu) and on my kindle.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

CriminalMindsFan

I noticed the site was reported as down the night of 15th in USA by IsItDown or IsItMe. I was unable to get it to load and searched to see if it was just a local issue with my ISP.

Blythe

I did the same thing as CriminalMindsFan on the 15th, and that site told me E was down when I checked. Unfortunately, I do not remember the exact time I checked, so that's probably not very helpful.

Actually experienced some slowness just now (date and time for convenience: Feb 17th at about 2:14 p.m. US Central Time). I'm on Windows 8.1 now and use the latest Firefox browser, if this is any help.

Jag

Quote from: Blythe on February 17, 2014, 02:18:11 PM
Actually experienced some slowness just now (date and time for convenience: Feb 17th at about 2:14 p.m. US Central Time). I'm on Windows 8.1 now and use the latest Firefox browser, if this is any help.

Same here.

Remy

Happens to me regularly as I've posted before.  The last few days it's been very very bad again to the point an hour ago I installed Mozilla firefox, which I've not used in years, and the site's performing beautifully now on it.
I run windows 8 and had been accessing Ell via chrome, and my phone runs Safari which accesses the site perfectly.  I'm wondering if it's just a google Chrome issue, or at least for me this side of the pond.  But right now Mozilla is behaving wonderfully.

Jag

I've had the issue at work on both Firefox and Chrome. I've also had it happen on my kindle, which uses the Silk browser.

CriminalMindsFan

I stopped getting e-mail notifications today and my settings haven't been modified.

Immortal

Been happening to me as well, on both my iPad and my laptop.

For my laptop I run Windows 7 and use Chrome.
For my iPad I have iOS 7 and use Chrome.

Nico

No slowness here for me. Not on my netbook, not on the PC.

LunarSage

Quote from: Nicholas on February 19, 2014, 11:02:13 AM
No slowness here for me. Not on my netbook, not on the PC.

*chuckles*

Did you intend for that to sound Dr Suess-like, Nich?  :P

Nico

Quote from: LunarSage on February 19, 2014, 11:03:58 AM
*chuckles*

Not really, no.

LunarSage

Oreo

Quote from: LunarSage on February 19, 2014, 11:03:58 AM
*chuckles*

No slowness here, no slowness there,
I've had no slowness anywhere.

Not even in is the darkest night,
Nor when the dawn breaks into light.

Though, as cookies sometimes do,
I often clean my cache...do you?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

LunarSage

Quote from: Oreo on February 19, 2014, 11:37:04 AM
No slowness here, no slowness there,
I've had no slowness anywhere.

Not even in is the darkest night,
Nor when the dawn breaks into light.

Though, as cookies sometimes do,
I often clean my cache...do you?

Brilliant.

Vekseid

I appear to have found a problem. : / Not a solution yet, but will work on it.

Vekseid

Alright, I've made fpm a bit more aggressive about refreshing processes and lowered the process cap significantly. May tighten things a bit more if people are still having trouble, but let me know if it's an improvement or not.

Josietta

I switched over to Firefox, and cleaned out my cache and cookies, hoping those would help my issue as well. But they didn't do much for it. Whatever you did has improved it a bit but I'm still having some delays if I have multiple tabs open. So to skirt that issue myself I am just going to limit myself to one or two tabs at a time, which isn't an issue really. I just got into a habit of having 7-10 open at a time with pending RPs to reply to or tumblr pages/Finder Seekers threads, etc. 

Thank you for the work you are doing to help fix this. I'll let you know how it goes over the next couple days.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Vekseid

Happening in both in Chrome and Firefox, still?

Hrm : /

How much ram does your computer have?

Blythe

I'll watch and see if I have any slowdown over the next few days, but since whatever you did, Veks, the site is now running smoothly for me.

Josietta

Its definitely improved for sure but its still doing that "loading circle motion" for about 5-10 seconds before it loads. I have to admit though I haven't had any time outs on it since the adjustment. As for ram...

Josi's System Specs

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

AmberStarfire

You could try running a traceroute, to see if the problem is occurring between your computer and Elliquiy's server (either now or whenever it slows down). The connection will go through many nodes on the internet, and sometimes it can get really slowed down in one or more spots along the way.

I don't know how to reach it from Windows 8, but you should have a run option on Windows (on Windows 7 it's at the bottom of the start menu and on some older versions you could click run on the start menu).

Type command and hit enter.

Then type tracert elliquiy.com

It should bring up some info on that for you. You might not want to post that publically though because it would reveal your IP address. If a number of connections are having a problem with the same node (traffic getting slowed down there), then it may be your problem.

I had an error message with a link to Vekseid's Twitter Account show up for a very short time last night (it couldn't have been more than 20 seconds), so I assumed the site went down for a little while.

Jag

So far, my kindle browser is running good.