Women's Prison - A Take on "Fortress" from Z's twisted brain...

Started by Zorak, December 24, 2009, 12:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorak

Just watched "Fortress" again - that movie where a guy and his wife are convicted for "baby making", and get sent to some corporate prison where they torture him, and plan to extract her baby and turn it into a mindless soldier-mutant...  Since I'm a sucker for both tech, and women's prison stuff... I thought this might be worth a shot...

Background

In the future, society has drawn a line against crime.  Most of those arrested, even for the smallest of crimes, are found guilty.  Criminals loose all of their rights and freedoms and become the permanent property of the state.  Sent to overcrowded prisons, they are used as slave labor.  Because of overcrowding, many of the more "healthy" prisoners are sold to large corporations who maintain their own high-tech detention facilities.  These corporations use the prisoners both for slave labor, and other - even less ethical - purposes, such as medical experimentation, prostitution to name a few.

Characters

• It's a woman's prison, so I thought it would be interesting to have a group of women of different ages and "toughness" sharing a cell as the focal point.  They could be guilty of minor or major crimes
  • Guards, medical personnel, scientists, etc, as representatives of "the corporation"
  • A warden, who runs the show
How it might play out...

I'm not much for "systems", so I tend to like play-by-post and freeform stuff.  I would picture a main topic where everyone interacts as a group.  Possibly new subtopics might form when a "guard" takes one or more of the prisoners off for some "quality time"

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Extensions of this?   Input! Input! Input!  (yes, you could play a robot - though I have no idea how that would work ??? )

Let's post 'em here!

UPDATES

auroraChloe

i'm interested.      will have to netflix that movie. 

my character would be more of a 'deer in the headlights' kind of girl.  convicted, but mostly guilt by associate thing, wrong place wrong time.  bf was a drug dealer, and she got caught up in the bust and wouldn't turn states witness on him.

i'm sure she'll toughen up.   

a/a 8/21/17

Zorak

Sounds like she'd be great fodder for all kinds of unscrupulous behavior on the part of the "establishment" :)

Zorak

I've actually been trying to find my own particular place here... and it took me to a job I had just out of school... a small company where the owner was almost never there, but his son was.  But his son was more or less a waste of flesh, and they gave him "stuff" to do so that he could feel important and not do too much damage.  But everyone had to kiss up to him because he was "daddy's boy" and could do whatever he wanted ... so...

I think I'd like to play the son of the "corporation's" hidden, foreign owner.  Maybe a little at odds with the warden, but smart enough not to cross him, stupid enough to be a nuisance, and because of who he is, gets away with stuff that others would likely get in trouble for.  He'll use the inmates for his own "research" projects, as well as feeding his ego by simply "using" them...  Maybe, if he had a few more redeeming qualities, he wouldn't always have to force and coerce women, but redeeming qualities are something he seems to have in very short supply...   >:)

RubySlippers

I'll be the warden and will gladly give the guards and those paying enough access to the inmates. And I loved Fortress its so much better than the sequal.

How about Sybil Danning for the Warden, she looks the part?

Senti

The I am not sure about the setting I would love to play an angel faced sociopath seriel killer.

Creative of course though in her 'work'.

Zorak

Seems as if we have the beginning of a core group - warden, two prisoners (who clearly have a lot to learn from one another - or in one case, fear from one another) and a resident corporate toad.  If there are any more interested, I think it might be good to have another prisoner or two, as well as another guard-type person.

Any thoughts on how to control the prisoners?  The movie had a stomach implant that caused bad cramps, but I'm not jazzed with that idea...

auroraChloe

Quote from: Zorak on December 28, 2009, 04:54:55 PM
The movie had a stomach implant that caused bad cramps, but I'm not jazzed with that idea...

oh, that would be attractive.  heh. 

the movie is next on my netflix!

a/a 8/21/17

Chaos

If you're taking male players of female characters, I have an inmate i'd like to play - a street tough, just a girl really, putting on a hard front to hide behind. Acting much tougher than she actually is, and very much out of her depth.

If you don't like the cramps idea, there's always a direct electric shock implant approach.

Carlissa

Ooh! This is interesting! Since pregnancy was mentioned in the first post, I am guessing that it will be no problem here!  ;)

HOw does a young pregnant teenager accused of teenage pregnancy sound? She would actually have been raped, and she is very shy and timid.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Zorak

Quote from: Carlissa on December 29, 2009, 08:37:28 AM
Ooh! This is interesting! Since pregnancy was mentioned in the first post, I am guessing that it will be no problem here!  ;)

As long as you don't mind having bizarre experiments carried out on you and your unborn... no prob ;)

We could still use some more guards/employees !  I'll start an OOC thread soon, where we'll post character bios, and discuss the prison itself.

Carlissa

As long as he pops out as a loving, non evil baby, I'm fine  ;)

Zorak is awsome, btw.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Zorak

Quote from: Carlissa on December 29, 2009, 09:06:50 AM
As long as he pops out as a loving, non evil baby, I'm fine  ;)

Yeah... sure... no problem... human experimentation rarely results in genetic damage... It'll be juuuuust fine, don't you worry your pretty little head.   >:)

Zorak

I've created OOC and Bio threads in the EXTREME section.  Check the first post in this thread for links.

We're still looking for participants - If you're interested, let us hear from you!
Official contacts for this RP game are myself (Zorak) and auroraChloe

auroraChloe

a/a 8/21/17

Katy1008

Sounds interesting. Id like to join if there are still spaces in the cells! Its been a long time since I've seen the film though.
I am... was a lawyer - defense attorney. Too much of a pain in the ass for the State to tolerate. Someone set me up; framed me as an accomplice for one of my clients in an alleged money laundering scheme. Intelligent and confident in appearance. A little too cocky at times.

I haven't done a group RP before, so if you would prefer participants with a little more experience.... no problem

K

Zorak

Actually Katy, I've never done a group RP either  :)   Welcome!  The links for the OOC & character topics are at the top of this thread.

We could use some more guards/researchers/etc too (hint hint all you lurkers! )

I think it could get very interesting with more corporate people - there could be some underhandedness going on there as well...  bwahahahaha ;)

- Z

Zorak

Would there be any interest in a Male Prisoner wing to the facility?

RubySlippers

YES. Would be a good place to send bad inmates who are women or arrange for a man to be with a woman so inclined if she is a good inmate. And a nice carrot for male inmates to be good having access to a woman now and then. Expect me not to be as nice to them though. :)

Zorak

Setting & background info has been posted to the OOC thread.

Lyrus

Oho!

Well, I see possible difficulty in maintainin a Group RP based off this kind of idea, but I've never attempted one before. If you get it up and running, I might be able to join in the game.
TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Zorak

Quote from: Lyrus on January 04, 2010, 08:01:02 PM
Well, I see possible difficulty in maintainin a Group RP based off this kind of idea

Well... I don't....

No being a negative-nancy!

Lyrus

Le gasp.

Take no offense, I merely don't know how it would work, but if you showed me how 'tis done, then I shall think on hopping in, yes.
TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Zorak

Quote from: Lyrus on January 05, 2010, 06:32:58 AM
I merely don't know how it would work, but if you showed me how 'tis done, then I shall think on hopping in, yes.

Well... I kind of see activity broken into sections.  It might be hard to follow at first, but I think with practice, we can work out the kinks.  I would expect a main topic, with some sub-threads.  Prisoners would interact with eachother (as they would be kept in the same cell).  Guards might "arrive" to interact with them, or researchers might have one or more pulled out.  Activity that takes place "in private" would be in another subthread that have a beginning & an end.  I could also see some interaction between the warden and other staff (perhaps, some backstabbing as well).

The trick will be maintaining the subplots, and doing our best to 1) keep track of where people are (that will be tracked in the OOC thread) and 2: keep track of timing.  Prisoners will need to get used to having their conversations "interrupted", as they would be in real life - they may start something, and have it blocked or negated when a guard arrives.

Which brings up a good topic that I'll address in the OOC group also - people need to accept that they'll be coming in and out of the RP, just as they would in a real situation.  Not everyone's a part of everything. 

If we can get past that, then I think we'll be good :)

Perhaps, a "location based thread" where you move your character from place to place?

(I'm cross-posting this to the OOC group, btw.  Please direct follow-ups to this comment HERE)

Zorak

As we move into the start of RP tomorrow, here's the list ofparticipants so far.  Remember, because of how this will work, we cantake new people at almost any time, so don't be afraid to chime in ifyou haven't already!  Please continue to feed me ideas, either by post,or PM :)

----------

FORTRESS STAFF

Marissa Taylor - Warden - {RubySlippers}
Carl Dodd - Researcher - {Zorak}
Rachel Sam Bliqué - Doctor - {Combicon}
Aleks Popov - Guard {Misery}

PRISONERS

Kate Bartlett - {Katy1008}
Amelia Lightfoot - {Senti}
Theresa (Terri) Amderson {Chaos}
Ella Thompson {auroraChloe}