Guess that Quote!

Started by Lirliel, September 26, 2007, 01:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brittlby

It's from the Thirteenth Warrior!

(Should have checked earlier. Was too sheepish to come back in after embarrassing myself last time...)
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Cherri Tart

oh, yeah, of course... *looks puzzled*
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Zephraim

And Brittlby is CORRECT!  The red head made the comment to Ibn after he cut the big sword down into a smaller sword.
If only I had as much fun at my work as I work at my fun....

Brittlby

"I never try anything... I just do it! And I don't beat clocks! Just people! Want to try me?"
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

Brittlby

ermmm... it was from "Faster Pussycat! Kill, Kill!"

Let's try another.

"I think if Gandhi spent a prolonged amount of time with you... he would end up beating the shit out of you, too."

O/O

Caustic

I cannot remember the character name, but it was Ryan Phillipe in "Igby Goes Down".

Great movie. 
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Sakujo

Bump.

"Guys, what would you wish you'd done before you died?"
Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on October 16, 2007, 07:52:07 pm
"Intelligence reports are useful only to the intelligent."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Lirliel

"Build a house, do a Painting"

Fight Club, Tyler Durden, just before the car crash. :)

Am I right or am I right?! :P
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Sakujo

You're right, of course. :D
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Lirliel

No sir. They are not a gift from God. They are an unholy curse from the beast we call the Desolate One.

Try that one on for size :P
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Serenity Vixen

At first I thought that was from the movie "Transformers" but my room mate has corrected me

The movie was Clerks 2, the character named Randel Graves

((I didn't actually see the movie, but she assures me this is factual))

"The world is quieter now. We just have to listen. If we listen, we can hear God's plan."
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Cherri Tart

oh, i don't know that one SV, but i really like it :) quick - someone illuminate me!
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Sakujo

It's from I Am Legend.

"Do you enjoy working in the laundry? "
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Lancis

"There are a shortage of perfect breasts in the world, it'd be a pity to see you damage yours."
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Bliss

Westley, in The Princess Bride.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Serenity Vixen

"Shit! I hate not being the bad guys!"
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Lirliel

Chronicles of Riddick, The and character is Kyra I guess.

Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?

Airindel

Mr. Sean Bean as Odysseus in Troy...I think.

“I don't mean to upset people, but I must speak my mind. For what's in my mind is far more interesting than what's outside my mind.”
Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

Lancis

Rochester in The Libertine

"Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten
me into!"

Serenity Vixen

Sons of the Desert - Oliver Hardy

"The body's an eight, the brain's a ten, so let's go. "

Bliss

The Pirate Movie, Mabel!
(I used the internet for help, because it's been several days with no response)

"What is it with this chick? She got beer-flavored nipples?"
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Lirliel

10 things I hate about you offcourse!

Patrick Verona, a very cute preformance by R.I.P. Heath Ledger.

"Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey"

Serenity Vixen

Kill Bill

I never saw it, but I remember it on the commercial for the movie :)

"Right now, I've got two men, two men with a gut full of fear. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... dyin' times here!"

Lirliel

Like I so have all those movies:

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Dr. Dealgood

"On August 29th, 1997, it's gonna feel pretty fucking real to you too. Anybody not wearing 2 million sunblock is gonna have a real bad day. Get it?"

Lancis

Sarah Connors T2

"Ah, pigs: an omnivorous, domesticated, cloven hoof vertebrate that defecates the same place it consumes."