Starting small: Undermountain PF (full)

Started by ShadowFox89, December 09, 2011, 06:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

who149

It would appear all the basic classes, so you can basically make any class you want and it'll still be a pretty good party.

If you want I think you can continue to make your cleric or another healing class. Two healers would keep us in check and give a nice back up.

You can also try Druid or Paladin would also fit that.

You could try to be a wizard or sorcerer, extra magic is always helpful.

Fighter or Barbarian, to assist my character in the front lines.

Ranger's are good if you feel to be a striker sort.

You can be Bard, which is good for diplomatic situations, as well as decent support spells and songs to support, and rather skilled.

So your options are pretty open.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Gary Stargazer

I was thinking druid or bard right now, but I won't set anything up concrete until after I hear from Shadow.
Official fanboy of Oreo. <3
Allow me to show you how I like to play. <3
I'm not just a member of The Oreo Fan Club, I'm the president.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gary Stargazer

Well if you're ok with it Shadow I will get something wrote up in a bit here, you may want to refer to my PM I sent you about my question though, I may have some more questions as well if I go druid.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gary Stargazer

Oh well ok then, the first question is I noticed that Nicci is playing a wolf girl, I'm partial to fox boy/girls and would love to play a fox boy for my char but i couldn't find a template for that in the PF areas. What would I need to do to pull that off? Can I just use human as a base or do you have a preference as far as that goes?

I don't care about any stat bonuses or what not, I just want it for the role playing sake of it. :3

who149

I'm thinking -2 Con, and either +2 to WIS or CHA.

Low light Vision

Something like that?

Ons and offs!

ShadowFox89

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 15, 2011, 11:59:29 PM
Hmm... Maybe find a pathfinder version of the catfolk and adapt those?

edit: And found one here

I believe this is what we're using for Nicci's wolfgirl.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Gary Stargazer

Well you're the man to ask, if you're ok with it i'm happy to adapt it as well.

Inkidu

Bards can be pretty bad-ass, especially since I'm sure it would be easy to adapt a lot of The Complete Scoundrel to Pathfinder.

A friend of mine plays a Bard who carries around a rapier, a light crossbow, a hidden blade on both wrists, in both boots, and a hidden elbow blade. He also multi-classed as a battle mage.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

who149

I like playing Bard whenever I'm in a live game. I LOVE to ham it up. Thats the entire fun of being a Bard XD being expected to be the largest ham as possible.

Ons and offs!

Gary Stargazer

I've decided to go with my original idea of having a pervy foxy cleric. Here is the bio I wrote up. I will get the char made once I get some sleep, I've been up way to long and need a nap.
I hope this looks ok!

Character Name: Renard Snowfall
Race: Half-Kitsune(fox boy)
Sex: Male
Physical and Mental Description:
Hailing from the frigid nothern lands, Renard has long snowy white hair with large fox ears protruding out of the top of his head along with two fox like tails at the base of his spine, the fur of them sharing the same color as his hair. His eyes are bright red and his skin has a very fair complexion to it.

He stands at a slightly below average hight for his race, with the typical male under a standard human males hight by a few inches. Physically his build is well toned but without excessive muscle, infact his stature could be considered slightly feminen and he is often mistaken for the fairer sex by other races due to the smaller stature of his species.

Each of his perky ears have three gold loops in them and draped around his neck is a holy symbol of the Goddess Calistria. His clothes consist of very thin pale yellow robes, the silky material does little to hide the majority of his body, offering just enough concealment to get him by in populated towns and cities.

Renard has a very carefree disposition when it comes to life and often finds himself lost in his own day dreams. He is a devout follower of the Goddess Calistria and takes to heart her teachings from the book of joy, often times eager to engage others in intamacy to share the blessings of the pleasure that Calistria offers to her flock.

His attitude when working with a group is very supportive and he will do his best to keep his compainions healthy and happy, both on and off the battle field. When he is not adventuring he prefers to spend his time in Calistria's temple, enjoying the company of fellow worshipers and travelers.

Considering himself a romantic, Renard loves foreplay and emotions of enderment with his sexual encounters. However that being said he has no complaints about the simple carnal desires of wanting release and will happily oblidge a potential lover regardless of emotional attachement.

(You can find most of my on/off's in my RP preferences, but here are a few specifically for Renard. For example a general distaste for bondage since he doesn't enjoy being tied down.)

Ons: Women, Men, Multiple-Partners, Exhibitionism, Oral, Foreplay, Romance, Followers of his Deity, Breast play, Anal
Offs: Scat, Pain, Gore, Humiliation, Rape

Gary Stargazer

shoot I forgot to add something, sorry for double posting but i can't edit. Anyhoo yes it is another cleric but I think two clerics in the party would help it out since from what you guys say, this adventure is tricky for low level chars. Also I will probably specifically focus him in the Charm(Lust) School of magic, so he won't be as varied as Grinex when it comes to healing and support.

Inkidu

Quote from: who149 on December 20, 2011, 05:45:27 PM
I like playing Bard whenever I'm in a live game. I LOVE to ham it up. Thats the entire fun of being a Bard XD being expected to be the largest ham as possible.
Nothing like taking ranks in Knowledge (Literary and plot self-awareness).

I almost brought my ranger, but the allure of kung-fu was far too strong. Plus, I'm still at the point in gaming where every class holds some appeal to play.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

who149

I never played monk. Granted. I usually DM so I don't get to actually play a lot. But when I do play, i'm usually either Sorcerer, Fighter, or Bard

Ons and offs!

Inkidu

Quote from: who149 on December 20, 2011, 06:08:37 PM
I never played monk. Granted. I usually DM so I don't get to actually play a lot. But when I do play, i'm usually either Sorcerer, Fighter, or Bard
I find a nice way to play as DM is through NPCs, make up a good character who could be a good NPC for the game your Dming and a good PC for later. Have the NPC goof off for a bit, let the PCs show him or her up and have them leave. You get to play and no one has to be any the wiser.

ShadowFox89

I can't stand playing a DMPC because I'd rather let the PC's do more of the work :P

I admit it, I'm a lazy DM.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

who149

When I was starting out I used to make NPC's to play as. But, I learned that always turned out horrible.

Although, I do tend to make rival NPC's that I tend to get into.

Or sometimes my players somehow convince me to give them an ally through idiotic means. One infamous example was a *ahem* "Demon Stripper with a gun" In a world of darkness game.

Ons and offs!

Inkidu

Quote from: who149 on December 20, 2011, 07:16:12 PM
When I was starting out I used to make NPC's to play as. But, I learned that always turned out horrible.

Although, I do tend to make rival NPC's that I tend to get into.

Or sometimes my players somehow convince me to give them an ally through idiotic means. One infamous example was a *ahem* "Demon Stripper with a gun" In a world of darkness game.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I never try to upstage the PCs. It's there show, but I can't help but interject a cool NPC every once and a while, but it's typically because they have a shared goal so by the end of the adventure the NPC is gone.

The only time I deliberately had show off NPCs was for the experimentation of a certain style of game. The PCs were all actually mercenaries, they are the mooks. The guys you hire to pad out an excavation or pull the treasure back up. So the NPCs were actually the heroes and the PCs were the mooks. Have you ever seen a PC go ecstatic on getting 100gp? I have. :)

However, they were still special and integral to the plot and all that. It was just that they couldn't use the, "We're heroes!" excuse.

They actually love the game. But you have to know your players. It's a fun one to try though.

who149

Quote from: Inkidu on December 20, 2011, 07:38:54 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong. I never try to upstage the PCs. It's there show, but I can't help but interject a cool NPC every once and a while, but it's typically because they have a shared goal so by the end of the adventure the NPC is gone.

The only time I deliberately had show off NPCs was for the experimentation of a certain style of game. The PCs were all actually mercenaries, they are the mooks. The guys you hire to pad out an excavation or pull the treasure back up. So the NPCs were actually the heroes and the PCs were the mooks. Have you ever seen a PC go ecstatic on getting 100gp? I have. :)

However, they were still special and integral to the plot and all that. It was just that they couldn't use the, "We're heroes!" excuse.

They actually love the game. But you have to know your players. It's a fun one to try though.

Yeah. It is something I should try. Throw in a hammy Bard, or a high level Sorcerer with an Owl named Twilight Sparkle. Should be fun.

Ons and offs!

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

who149

Its an awesome show :P and the fact that you knew who I was talking about speaks for itself.

But fine, no more MLP references, even if I did just spend the last 5 minutes thinking about what classes the mane 6 would be.

Ons and offs!

ShadowFox89

That's because I know someone who makes constant references to it. He drives everyone insane.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

who149

Alright :P sorry.

I won't make any more references too it.

In unrelated news, shouldn't you change the title now that we have 5 players?

Ons and offs!

ShadowFox89

We've actually got 6 players, so I'll be closing recruitment :P

Once everyone has the basic character stuff up, I'll open an OOC (which area do you suggest? NC-Human?)
Call me Shadow
My A/A