News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Look and Layout...

Started by Saku, March 10, 2014, 12:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saku

Not sure if this has been addressed yet or not but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask here!

I was wondering if anyone in charge might consider giving users the option to change the look and layout of the site to a darker color? Like change the background to a black color? I've seen on other sites that an option is given to users to change the background color of the site to various other options. Elliquiy seems to be one of the few sites that doesn't give that option, so I was wondering if you guys had any indication of doing the same?

I would really like to return here and the only thing stopping me is that my eyes freaked out and have been that way for awhile. It seems I can't stare at pages with a white background like this site, my vision goes blurry and I can't read anything. That's why I haven't been able to post here for a time. So if you do decide to give an option of changing the background to a darker color like black etc... please let me know!

Thanks!
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Blythe

Hello, Saku! Suggestions for changes or improvements to the site might be better placed in the CMS Feature Request thread in the On-Topic board. Just post what you've posted here in that thread.  :-) I understand wanting to change things about the look and layout, by the way!  :-) )

Oniya

Are you using Windows 7, by any chance?  This might be of use in a general sense.

http://www.ehow.com/info_12171298_programs-invert-screen-colors-windows.html
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Saku

Okay I'll post it in that section when I get a chance and no I'm not using Windows 7, I'm using Windows 8 or 10. If there is no 10 then it's 8 lol
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Oniya

You might check the accessibility control panel to see if it's available there as well.  It sounds like a Very Useful Thing, so there's a chance Microsoft might have kept it around.  (I was concerned that you might be using XP, but it turns out that they had it there as well - I just never thought to look.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

RainyHigh

Holy crap this is amazing! Thank you!!! [I know I didn't ask for away, but was curious because of the same issue]. But now I can use this option EVERYWHERE!
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories