News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Ranger's Wife [M or F]

Started by Autumn Sativus, October 06, 2011, 03:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

The Ranger's Wife [Working Title]
         Winter. Dead, cold, silent winter. The story of a Ranger who has been assigned an area of forest to look after for the winter months. Occasional campers and more recently daring ice fishers come to the area. To keep trouble from occurring one ranger must be posted in the area for the winter, every year. This is the story of the unfortunate one who won that position. With a home built high upon a hill crest for him to keep a watchful eye year round, he decides it is time to find a wife. To share his life, his work, and to hopefully find some companionship.
         Advertising in a well reputed newspaper, he makes few promises aside from the safety and security of the woman who might respond. He seeks a woman willing to work beside him during the long, cold winters and able to cope with the harsh life of living in the bush. She responds to the ad with the knowledge that she will start a new life with a man she doesn't know and who promises her nothing other than that he will care for her as her husband and keep her honor. He will travel a long distance to sign the marriage papers, no special ceremony or even a meeting involved. She will arrive to his home as the wife he has never met.
         Two strangers who each have a need to be fulfilled. She needs a home, a man who can take care of her. He, a wife, some company to keep him sane and someone to help with the work. This can be a simple story of two strangers coming to know each other, the emotions and tensions running high as they settle into their new livelihood, or there can be forks in the road and complications if potential partners so wish to add twists along the way.
         I would be happy to play either the male or female in this setting. I can happily go for one of each. I see the female as being the more submissive in the pairing and the extremity of involvement of such topics is entirely negotiable with potential partners.

*Spinoff Idea - The Lighthouse Keeper's Wife
Could be Steampunk, could be older era. Same basic premise of secluded lifestyle except on an island, season irrelevant.

I am happy to play the male or the female role.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

ashia starstreak

I was in the mood to do a cold weather roleplay. This idea sounds quite interesting. I've not done something like this and if you are willing to try me out I will gladly think over some ideas for it. I'd rather play the female part for I do not play a convincing male due to lack of practice.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Autumn Sativus

Sure, I'm open to discussion. Drop me a PM. =)
Us against the world

Gerich

Saffron,

The Range has always been on of my favorite archetypes. If not so addicted to the internet, I'd have half a mind to go recluse out in the woods. If still interested, I'd love to write this with you.

- Gerich

SugarAndSpice

I like the idea of The Lighthouse Keeper's Wife and if its steampunk even better :)

MQ

Saffron, also interested. have you found someone and is this RP running? If not let's discuss please (unfortunatelly an unaproved member I am quite sure I cannnot sent PMs) 
MQ
ONs/OFFs thread//Roleplaying ideas//Absences
Always looking to improve - any feedback welcome

Autumn Sativus

I totally forgot about this thread.

Thanks for all the interest but both ideas have been taken.
Us against the world