The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

If I remember right all I had to do was remove Katsumi's canon plot... Anything else you could see? Oh and I'm just going to explain her tattoo sticking as a result of a new kind of ink that works on mutants that have a healing factor....

kckolbe

Very interesting idea.  I do have to point out that the new group of mutants won't directly be part of the X-Men until after a story arc (though we might be able to work an exception for this guy).  As for the rest, I'd prefer if his cyberpathy required contact with the computer system.  Aside from that, I look forward to seeing the ratings.

Sasquatch, let me check and get back to you.  I think she was fine, though.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

TheVillain

I was sort of picturing that for the first story he's involved in he's less a member of a team and more "the football". O*N*E or X-Men, whoever gets him in their end-zone first, wins. :P

And I can see being closeby for a strong enough signal, but let's be honest - we don't have to have contact NOW in the real world. I see what you're going for though.

And I'm going to have to brush up on the rating system but I'll be glad to throw that down, soon as I figure out how. :P
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Quote from: TheVillain on July 27, 2013, 10:52:50 PM
And I can see being closeby for a strong enough signal, but let's be honest - we don't have to have contact NOW in the real world. I see what you're going for though.

Well, not all computers are networked, or are local networks only.  I'm okay with him having built in wi-fi, but I don't want him able to access closed systems through his power, and would like if hacking was just a skill instead of a power.  We already have a mutant who is a cyberpath, and that is her only ability, whereas your char has that and a lot of other cool stuff.

Intro Thread

TheVillain

Touche - so I'll reword it as just having in built wifi and not true cyberpathy. Fair enough. :P

Edit:- And done.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

kckolbe

All right, then.  Just need a GM plot and ratings.

Recruitment is currently closed for female characters, might have room for two males at the most.

Intro Thread

TheVillain

Rating sent, and GM plot practically writes itself if I understand you right.

Sasquatch421

Um... What Xavier referance do you mean? All I see was the part about Xavier's school, unless we renamed it since Logan is the new headmaster. The other is the GM plot...

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Sasquatch421

Alright so I'll just leave that part out and say she got sent to New York hoping that one of Yuriko's friends would pick her up...

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Sasquatch421

The Bone Samurai: Niten Ichi
Group Affiliation: X-Men(student), Clan Yashida, Mutant Underground
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 128 lbs.
Sex: Female
Orientation: Lesbian
Arch-Enemies: The Hand, Lady Deathstrike, The Right Red Hand
Nickname: Kat, Sumi

Powers:

Osteokinesis: Kat has complete control over the bones of herself, including crowing, shaping, manipulating density/weight, using as projectiles/weapons. Her favored shapes revolve around shuriken, kunai and samurai swords.

Healing Factor: Kat's healing factor isn't as advanced as say Logan or Deadpools, but she heals faster then a normal human, but when it comes to her bones they heal superhuman fast.

Enhanced Dexterity: Kat also has precision control over her limbs and muscles giving her increased reaction time and movement.

Skills:

Sword Proficiency: Kat was trained in the art of Kenjutsu and Bushido from an early age by her father Keniuchio.

Dual Wielding: Due to her dexterity Katsumi branched off from the arts that her father taught her to the Niten Ichi-ryu style created and made famous by Miyamoto Musashi.

Marksmanship: Due to her training with her mother Yuriko, Kat has good marksmanship with thrown weapons.

Bio: Katsumi Harada is the daughter of Yuriko and Keniuchio Harada also known as the Silver Samurai. At a young age Yuriko sent Kat to live with her father since she couldn't raise her and Amiko at the same time. Under her Keniuchio's care Kat was raised to follow the code of the Bushido and the Samurai like her father before her. Visits from Yuriko had her learning marksmanship due to the fact that her lineage would constantly make her a target for her parents enemies.

As she grew up Kat branched of with her training to learn a dual sword style and decided to honor her mother by getting the same tattoo that Yuriko had. The ink covers her back and buttocks. Her rebellious days had her listening to what her father hated J-Pop, but that was it. Though stories she had heard had her interested in the Silver Samurai's old opponent Logan. While her love interests went a different direction people she wanted to dual against was a different story. Most rounded around her parent's friend's, allies and one time foes... One of her greatest dreams is to face off against Electra.

Then it happened... Her mother Yuriko was crippled by Lady Deathstrike and her father was killed by the Right Red Hand. After that Katsumi was sent to New York by her mother hoping that one of Yuriko's old friends would find and watch over her daughter. The very least she knew that a lot of hero's seemed to congregate around the city and Katsumi should be safer there then in Japan. Katsumi only went in hopes of meeting her parents old friends....
GM Plot's: An old nemesis of Xavier's finds out that Charles is missing and decides to send a strike team backed up with sentinel's thinking the school is easy pickings.

Power Ratings:
Intelligence: 3
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Durability: 4
Energy Projection: 0
Fighting Ability: 4

Katsumi's tattoo:

All right here she is all edited...

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Kokaine

Like the other two, this is a character I had before. I hesitated to bring him out because he might be a little too close to Caden's new guy but let me know. I don't mind tweaking him... or even if Caden is up to it... possibly linking him to the other guy somehow.

Dark Illusionist: Hexx
Group Affiliation: Morlocks
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 200lbs
Arch-Enemies: Himself
Nickname: D, Nightmare Man, Freak

Powers:
  • Telepathy
  • Dark Illusions: Hexx has the ability to tap into a persons subconscious and extract their fears, even those locked deep in their subconscious, making the victim face those fears in the form of illusions strong enough to fool all the senses.
  • Nightmares: Through the touch of his hands(unconscious) or prolonged eye contact(conscious), Hexx can create a psychic link between himself and another that causes the victim to experience feverish nightmares and allows him to steal their energy. Prolonged connection may cause mental instability in victims, and it is theoretically possibly for him to draw enough energy from the victim to kill them. The energy he draws can be used to enhance his physical form in a number of ways: making him stronger, faster, eliminating the need for sleep, allowing him to heal/regenerate.
  • Astral Projection: can move through the astral plane and even project himself directly near the physical form of those he has a connection with.
  • Mental Shields
  • Peak physical condition: Has the physical attributes of Olympic level athletes. Energy stolen through his nightmares can boost him into superhuman range.
Limitations:
  • Psychic links: his psychic links are not a one way connection and leave him open to attack as they give a direct path past his mental shields (though only someone trained or with psychic abilities of their own would know this and how to use/exploit it)
  • Nightmares: Until Hexx gains better control, he shares the nightmares of his victims and though they don't affect him the same way, they make him hate his power and resist using it.
  • For connections to last they must be purposefully maintained otherwise they can and do fade (or can even be outright broken with proper knowledge or raw mental strength)
  • Telepathy: Hexx doesn't have full control over his abilities and during any sort of mental connection with someone without the proper shields (younger/weaker telepaths and the like) his nightmares could leak. If someone is affected in this manner they are not subjected to energy drain, they just experience nightmares the next time they sleep.
  • Risk of fracture: Because his ability effectively implants a small part of himself within his victim, Hexx does have a finite number of connections he can maintain at one time before he risks fracturing or loses pieces of himself.
Skills:

• Playing Guitar
  • Drawing
  • Mixed Martial Arts
  • Speaks fluent Spanish
  • Theft - pickpocketing, shoplifting, boosting cars, general breaking & entering

Personality: Hexx often seems darker and meaner than he really is. He believes himself beyond redemption and undeserving of anything good so he will try to resist when presented with anything that he feels unworthy of, including love/friendship, but he will also go out of his way to protect those very things for others. He has a bit of a temper but unless someone pushes one of his buttons he's very low key and even easy to overlook.

Bio: Damian Fuentes was born 18 years ago in Madrid as the only son to wealthy couple. He spent the first 9 years of his life believing that nothing could touch his family with his father around, and indeed as a mutant with the abilities to charm and influence his father had made himself an important and powerful figure. However, what he and his mother did not know was that Damian's father was on the wrong side of the law. When he was finally caught and all his assets seized, Damian and his mother moved to California to live near his grandparents while his father went into hiding.

Having lost the only man she'd ever loved, having to find work when she'd been taken care of for so many years, and having to hear her parent's constant nagging 'I told you so', Damian's mother withdrew, becoming quiet and subdued. Except for where Damian was concerned. She was determined that he would have all his father's best traits and none of the bad and she did everything in her power to make sure that he would be a good man. Damian did his best for her, not wanting to upset her if he could help it, but trouble seemed to dog his every step. He was constantly getting into fights and getting suspended or even kicked out of school over stupid things.

He hadn't realize it at the time but deep down Damian had been furious at his father for getting caught and putting his mother through all the stress and embarrassment. Unfortunately, one night when he was eleven his anger came to a head and when his mother yelled at him about the last fight he'd been in, he snapped. It hadn't been directed at her, he could never be angry at her or do anything against her, but unfortunately she had been tugging on his hand at the time and when all the anger just released he felt something give and the next thing he knew his mother was on the floor screaming and crying and praying in Spanish.

He hadn't known what to do. He'd been able to glimpse what she saw and it had made him sick, but he hadn't known how to turn it off. He'd tried to go to her but as he'd moved closer her screams had grown more frantic. Crying he'd closed his eyes tight and willed it away with everything in him. He'd stood like that for what seemed like hours but was really no more than a few minutes and suddenly the screaming stopped. He'd opened his eyes and saw that his mother had finally passed out and he knew then that he'd messed up big time. He wanted to go to her, to move her off the floor when she was half huddled but he was afraid to touch her. His anger at his father grew.

Knowing there was no other choice he'd called his grandparents and told them to come quickly. Afterward he'd packed a duffel bag and went outside. He'd watched from the shadows as his grandparents had arrived and soon after that police and an ambulance, and then he had run. The cops had looked for him but he hadn't stayed around. He'd gathered up the little bit of money he'd saved from doing odd jobs for the neighbors so he could eat for a few nights, as well as a change of clothes and his sketch pad, and he'd set out on his own.

It had taken him 6 months of being on the street to go back and see about his mother. Then he'd found out that after that night she'd not woken up but instead was in a coma, growing steadily weaker. After that he ran as far as he could and wouldn't allow himself to go back. He knew somehow he was responsible for it. He prayed that with him so far away, she would recover, that she would be alright, but he would never know.

Damian would eventually find his way New York by the time he was thirteen and make his way on the streets, getting in with various groups and learning an assortment of skills that would help keep him alive, such as pickpocketing, shoplifting, how to defend himself, and even how to play the guitar—which had earned him a roof over his head on more than one occasion.

When he was nearly fifteen, Damian attempted to rob an older man he wrongly assumed would be an easy target only to find himself beaten and pinned before the man realized he was just a kid. Figuring Damian was a runaway or an orphan the man, he would come to call him Coach like everyone else, offered him a roof over his head and a couple bucks pay if he wanted to take a job maintaining his kickboxing gym and running errands. Damian accepted, hoping he would get the chance to learn to fight the way the man had. Plus it had been made pretty clear that he'd accept or be hauled in to the police so he hadn't had much of a choice really.

Things had gone smoothly for the next year, with him pretty much doing all the manual labor around the gym while Coach trained his fighters. And Damian trained as well, learning everything Coach and the fighters would teach him. He was focused and showed a lot of potential so many of the fighters that trained at the gym looked out for him and helped him out where they could.  Unfortunately, though he mostly kept his nose clean it seemed trouble had followed him there as well. When a young fighter had cornered him outside to pick a fight, Damian had tried his best to do as he'd been taught and not turn to violence right away but the kid wouldn't take a hint. Anger mounting, he had turned his gaze on the other kid and without conscious thought plucked his fears from his mind and begun to craft an illusion. The kid had started to freak out which drew Coach's attention, and distracted, he had let the illusion shatter. Angry and disgusted with himself he'd stormed off while the kid began babbling about what he'd seen.

The next day Damian would over hear Coach making a call that concerned him and rather than stay to find out what that would mean, he gathered up his few belongings and bolted. The next year would be much the same as before, with him doing whatever he could to survive, even going so far as to join up with a group known as the Morlocks. While with them he would make use of the skills he picked up on the streets to make himself useful enough to them to be allowed to stay and even learn a few more skills. He would also learn more about his abilities and how to tap into them deliberately though each use would make him sick to his stomach.

Attributes
Intelligence: 2
Strength: 3 (4)
Speed: 2 (3)
Durability: 3 (4)
Energy Projection: 5
Fighting Ability: 3
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

kckolbe

There are definite differences between the two.

Astral Projection: can move through the astral plane and even project himself directly near the physical form of those he has a connection with.

So he can actually travel using astral projection?  None of the other telepaths can (though Caden's char might learn to down the road).

As a suggestion, I was thinking that he would not have psychic shields, but that anyone entering his mind volunteers themselves for some dark illusions, which are always waiting.

Can he maintain his nightmares or drain while fighting, or does it take too much focus?  If he can do both, I'd like if his projection and/or fighting ability was lowered by 1.

Lastly, need to check with PP about having three chars.  I don't know if he ever ruled on limits for non canon characters.

Intro Thread

AribethAmkiir

I believe PP answered the number of created characters someone could have as unlimited on the first post of this thread under the FAQ

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Kokaine

Quote from: kckolbe on July 28, 2013, 04:37:42 PM
So he can actually travel using astral projection?  None of the other telepaths can (though Caden's char might learn to down the road).

Yes he can travel using astral projection, though if you asked him how he wouldn't be able to tell you. Its more instinctual than exact science at this point.

He's mostly self taught with his abilities and my goal is for him to actually require refinement. He's likely not using his abilities to their full capabilities nor is he using them in the most efficient manner.

As a suggestion, I was thinking that he would not have psychic shields, but that anyone entering his mind volunteers themselves for some dark illusions, which are always waiting.

I'd be perfectly okay with this as long as it doesn't become a case where his dark illusions are just batted aside and whoever is entering his mind just got to play about in his head however they saw fit.

Can he maintain his nightmares or drain while fighting, or does it take too much focus?  If he can do both, I'd like if his projection and/or fighting ability was lowered by 1.

Draining someone happens automatically at a very low level once he's made a connection. It's like a steady stream that takes effect over time. Speeding that stream up to, for example, heal himself rapidly, requires concentration and effort and he could not fight and manage that at the same time. Likewise trapping someone in an illusion requires concentration and would depend on the complexity of the illusion as to how much he could manage simultaneously. If he's just altering a single aspect he could probably keep moving just fine, but if its an entire reality altering experience he'd be a sitting duck.

The big thing with Hexx though is that he's going to resist using his powers until there's no other option (unless someone manages to convince him otherwise). So he's going to engage physically first and only pull out illusions when it feels like there is no other option... or when he loses his temper, though that's not on purpose.

Also, with regard to the attributes - Just to make sure it's clear, the numbers in ( ) represent the max possible increase from his stealing energy.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

kckolbe

Quote from: Kokaine on July 28, 2013, 05:11:24 PM
Yes he can travel using astral projection, though if you asked him how he wouldn't be able to tell you. Its more instinctual than exact science at this point.

He's mostly self taught with his abilities and my goal is for him to actually require refinement. He's likely not using his abilities to their full capabilities nor is he using them in the most efficient manner.

I figured as much, especially given his modest intelligence.  My concern is that I am afraid to let him develop since he is already quite high power-wise.  As is, he is pushing full X-Man strength.

I'd be perfectly okay with this as long as it doesn't become a case where his dark illusions are just batted aside and whoever is entering his mind just got to play about in his head however they saw fit.

Ignoring any mutant power would be a foul, so I don't see this being an issue.

Draining someone happens automatically at a very low level once he's made a connection. It's like a steady stream that takes effect over time. Speeding that stream up to, for example, heal himself rapidly, requires concentration and effort and he could not fight and manage that at the same time. Likewise trapping someone in an illusion requires concentration and would depend on the complexity of the illusion as to how much he could manage simultaneously. If he's just altering a single aspect he could probably keep moving just fine, but if its an entire reality altering experience he'd be a sitting duck.

Also, with regard to the attributes - Just to make sure it's clear, the numbers in ( ) represent the max possible increase from his stealing energy.

So at the moment, he would not be capable of boosting himself to the numbers in parentheses while fighting?  I'd still be more comfortable with his attributes being a bit lower.

Intro Thread

Kokaine

No he can't boost himself mid-fight.

I would be willing drop his fighting ability but then his use of his powers would grow more deliberate. I'd change his bio so he fell in with the Morlocks earlier and never learned to fight beyond basic street fighting but he'd have used his powers more often (most likely to heal himself).

Attributes
Intelligence: 2
Strength: 3 (4)
Speed: 2 (3)
Durability: 3 (4)
Energy Projection: 4
Fighting Ability: 2

He'd also lose mixed martial arts as a skill.

My O/Os

kckolbe

Time for everyone's least favorite part...GM PLOT POINT!  Once that is done you are approved to post him in future characters.

Intro Thread

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

PhantomPistoleer

Mutant Hellraiser:  Demon Boy!
Group Affiliation:  New Mutants
Height: 5'10/ 9'6 in Demon Form
Weight:  175 lbs./ 400 lbs. in Demon Form
Arch-Enemies:  A bunch of nobodies
Nickname:  Demon Boy

Powers: 

Appearance:  Demon Boy's mutation alters his appearance.  He has tough grey skin (which doesn't increase his durability) and yellow glowing eyes.

Demon Form:  Demon Boy can shift into a 9' demon.  In this form, he gains numerous physical traits.

Hellfire Manipulation:  Demon Boy possesses the ability to generate, control, and project mystical fire, or "hellfire" at will. Hellfire is an ethereal and supernatural flame that burns the soul of a person and can be used to burn their physical body.

In Demon Form he has:
Flight:  In optimal conditions, Demon Boy can fly at 30 mph for approximately half-an-hour.

Super Strength:  Demon Boy can lift approximately 10,000 lbs. over his head.

Super Endurance:  Demon Boy can endure physical trauma that a regular human could not (similar to the Beast).

Super Speed:  Demon Boy can move at approximately twice the speed of a human at peak physical condition under optimal circumstances.

Super Senses:  Demon Boy has the ability to detect a sin being committed (he doesn't need to be in Demon Form to see this).

Rapid Healing:  Demon Boy can heal at 10x the speed of a regular human.

Demon Weaknesses:  Though Demon Boy is a good person, he can be compelled by a believer of a religious faith to stay away.  Holy water burns him like acid.  He can be summoned by sorcerers, and his Demon Form can be exorcised.

Skills:

None, Has witnessed mystical rituals

Bio:

From, Truths and Consequences, New Mexico.  A lot of people have written Demon Boy off as being a devil-may-care ne'er-do-well, but he is struggling to be a better person.  He is a recovering alcoholic, and has recently kicked a heroin addiction.  He is currently in a rhythm and blues band.  He hasn't gotten over his crazy ex-girlfriend, Mirabelle.

Demon Boy was raised by a cabal of Satan worshiping nuns who killed his parents (also mutants).  Though it was a curious upbringing, the nuns actually spoiled him -- they believed that he was the son of satan (not to be confused with the mystical hero!).  As he grew older, and his interests changed, the nuns placated him with sex, drugs and alcohol.  It was pretty rad.  But things changed when Sister Mary Margaret took over.

Sister Superior wanted to align the religious views of the United States to her own, and she wouldn't stop at any cost.  Demon Boy unwittingly assisted Sister Superior into summoning an ancient elder, but was stopped by the Ghost Rider.  The altercation with Ghost Rider changed Demon Boy, and the mutant repented.  He sought superhuman assistance, and one thing led to another, leading him to the Xavier's School for the Gifted.

Demon Boy is very open about his criminal past (theft, assault, prostitution, etc.), but a lot of people don't know the full extent of his criminal career.  He is resistant to discussing it.  Whenever confronted about it, he will often shrug and say, "I'm on a better road now."

Pictures

DB's Demon Form
Mirabelle -ex gf-
[/img]

INT:  2
STR:  2/4
SPD:  2/3
DUR:  2/4
EP:  4
FA:  2
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kokaine

Quote from: Michi No Sora on July 28, 2013, 07:32:39 PM
Oh...he's sexy. *stares* Michi likes. *nods*

Glad I could provide some more eye candy for the game ;D

Though he's gonna be surprised if anyone tells him he's sexy in game. >.>

Quote from: kckolbe on July 28, 2013, 07:31:37 PM
Time for everyone's least favorite part...GM PLOT POINT!  Once that is done you are approved to post him in future characters.

This is the part I am terrible at but I will think on it!

My O/Os