World of Darkness: Chicago

Started by ZK, June 22, 2006, 01:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Now be mindful Ruby, those are in fact, stereotypes. There are Bloodlines, types of Kindred and indivuals that go against the stereotypes all together.

As well, there is a Nosferatu Bloodline that has an eerie ability to be inhuman beautiful, as if they had Striking Looks +3 [Since Striking Looks usually only goes up to +2, it is inhuman beauty].
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

RubySlippers

Really? Well good thing I have a brilliant and nice GM to help me.

Well in that case I might go for a more seclusive vampire not into politicing at court, ravishingly beautiful and charming, passionate and for fun make her a brilliant artist (just does her art for herself hiding her genius in her haven in secret vaults but a merit would fall there and seeing them would make a vampire artist be shocked at her genius if they would ever see one).

So Nosferatu
Bloodline: ???
Covenant: Invictus (doesn't care about the politics or power building but they also tend to be in power and given several hundred years she can eventually gain prestige some- but doesn't care Sire would find this out too late however)

Virtue: any ideas here- I was thinking Compassionate (having power and money she would want to help mortals even if behind the scenes)
Vice: not lust she enjoys being with select lovers not just for sex or pleasure so not lustful any ideas?

Cioncept: Lover of the Night

Is beautiful, rich, a vampire and has the world at her talons but not ambitious just loves existing. Supports the Invictus Covenant because they are in power and they tend to see to her security no use shaking the Status Quo is good and doing so is bad. But has good points she devotes her free time to aiding the needy mortals even if through agents, would help other vampires if they need her help and work a bit to get some power just to protect herself. Supports the Traditions for they protect her and her race.

Flaw: not butt ugly lol- maybe a psychological flaw any good ideas GM?

I like this better might be more fun for me and her Sire would figure out too late she's not a good choice to excel in her Covenant.

ZK

Well, the Nosferatu Bloodline isn't in Chicago. But, eh, not all Nosferatu are ugly. They just have something "wrong" with them.

From a deformity to that of an inhuman aura of menace about them.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

RubySlippers

Heh- you put it out and didn't say that. (pout)

Ok same idea-

Clan: Daeva
Bloodline: must be one artistic one in the city
Covenant: Invictus

That would work but in her case she does art for HERSELF and cares nothing for clan or covenant politics beyond a minimal necessary to be respectable. In other words seeks some influence and such to protect herself and be useful but stays off everyones respective radars, is artistic just save she doesn't show her art as its personal and for her own reflection. So would likely be just strange to her Sire she would know of her progenies genius just she hides it- thereby refusing her the glory of having a genius as a childe.

For role-playing I'm going for the go-to kindred regardless of covenant unless just wrong (Belial or VII are clearly bad) she would offer support if asked of new vampires- some money or a small favor at no expectation of it being returned in kind or just a friendly ear to talk to. Would host parties for younger vampires to gather and talk about matters and be a social sort- turning into a good ambassador of sorts for her elders even if not intentional. Her influence and like won't be high but can have maybe a police report lost or a police report dissappeared before it becomes a serious matter- or evidence altered. Blood samples switched as an example.

Subtle uses that leave her off her superioprs radar but if used well can be just as effective. Will have money. Not sure what else.

Art Medium: Computer Graphics and Animation (can keep the art on CD's hidden in her haven and encrypted so only she can savor her work)

ZK

Eh, no Bloodlines at Creation unless you have a rather detailed background and err, do you really want to spend 3 background points to get Blood Potency 2 at start?

RubySlippers

Maybe we should keep this simple for me let me do a basic concept and some notes about my character as a mortal then work out the clan and all. And yes I would spend 3 background point for a bloodline if it fit my character concept. For me this is about role-playing not combat and all or doing the ideal character.

ZK

Well, just concidering you only get 7 background points at start of play. That is why. And a lot of Merits cost a lot of points to buy.

Swedish Steel

When do you think it will start? I think getting through Mage might take me some time.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

RubySlippers

Quote from: Z.K. on June 26, 2006, 04:15:32 PM
Well, just concidering you only get 7 background points at start of play. That is why. And a lot of Merits cost a lot of points to buy.

Oh I see, well then it kind of depends.  ;)

As for merits I tend to tread lightly there if i do take a merit or flaw its for flavor not to abuse the system. Like if I take in oWoD Blush of Health I might take Selective Digestion so they cancel out. I found usually overdoing these are a bad idea. GM's love abusing flaws. lol

So don't expect me to go nuts there just a tad for flavor maybe a merit or two and flaw or two that fit the character.

Now for my character her name will be Sabine St. Marie a Creole from New Orleans that relocated after Hurrican Katrina (or another storm) to Chicago and will be good looking, pleasant company and general desirable to be with but not so much she can't blend into the crowd some. Professionally I was thinking about this and decided a Animation and Graphic Artist of genius would fit the modern age making a good income from several hot computer games she created but not to the full scope of her art that she keeps hidden save for her pleasure. In simple terms she holds back doing public work and not in private letting her genius soar. Likely attracting to her her Sire but her Sire also will find too late she has no interest in clan politics and showing off her genius as its a personal thing to be shared after her Final Death with the world. Hopefully that will not happen for a long time.

Will be a younger Kindred so have lots of room to grow maybe being  a vampire a few weeks- enough to get the basics down and her disciplines but nothing else. So will not have influence and the like to start but would have other assets some wealth, bloodline maybe we can talk about that.

As for her education I plan to make Sabine around 30 so will have a BA in Philosophy from Byyn Mawr, a BS Computer Animation and Graphics from MIT and a few years in industry as a game designer. A modern well rounded woman with a fine education.

So that is a good start I was thinking for a clan Daeva is most likely, Covenant likely the Carthian Movement so her Sire would be a younger vampire but likely artistic and bloodline if I took one I would need the GM input here of the ones in the city. Still optional I may not do that but would add flavor.

ZK

Eh, Merits is the new "background" They took Merits and merged them with backgrounds and bam. There you have. Merits. The new omnipotent advantage.

Flaws are worse, ten times worse. And you get no bonus points for them anyway, since bonus points have been eliminated all together from the system. You only have "Starting characters" And then you have starting XP which is like the fabled BP of old.

It's nWoD afterall, not oWoD.

RubySlippers

Oh that changes things boy did they get cheap and nasty. lol

Well if I took the best bloodline what would the game impact be for the three background points?

And what are thr spread for costs of resources and mentor the other two most likely options fame is possible but unlikely- would have used a "handle" for her work.

ZK

Well, there a lot of great Merits to choose from. And you can always increas Blood Potency with experience, Age and Diablerie. And eh, since they got rid of the Appearance trait. You only have Striking Looks to deal with when it comes to physical carnal beauty.

Swedish Steel

They got rid of apperance? Great, I get to look good for free. :)

On Off page:

ZK

Striking Looks Merit only goes by two point variations. So, it's basically Appearance 4 and 5. But yes, you can be good looking.

Yes, you can be a Nosferatu with Striking Looks +2.

ZK

The character sheets you can download and print out give you the skinny of what to put. And some interactive sheets give you what Merits, flaws and such they have.

RubySlippers

ZK

Since it's a login-based site. I can't, but it's on the White Wolf's main website.

http://www.white-wolf.com/

Under the Character Sheets and Eratta. On the Downloads tab.

RubySlippers

DRAFT

Name: Sabine Saint-Marie
Player: RubySlippers
Chronicle: World of Darkness- Chicago
Virtue: Charity
Vice: Lust
Clan: Daeva
Bloodline: none
Covenant: The Carthian Movemement
Concept: Literary Academic

ATTRIBUTES
Power: Intelligence 3, Strength 2, Presence 3.
Finesse: Wits 2, Dexterity 2, Manipulation 2.
Resistances: Resolve 2, Stamina 2, Composure 3.

SKILLS
Mental: Academics 3 (Specialty-  Philosophy), Crafts 0, Computer 1, Investigation 0, Medicine 0, Occult 1, Politics 1, Science 1.
Physical: Athletics 0, Brawl 1, Drive 1, Firearms 1, Larceny 0, Stealth 0, Survival 0, Weaponry 1.
Social: Animal Ken 0, Expression 4 (Specialty- Non-fiction Writing), Intimidation 0, Persuasion 2, Socialize 3 (Specialty- Kindred Etiquette), Streetwise 1, Subterfuge 1.

DISCIPLINES
???

MERITS
Resources  3
Retainer 2
Striking Looks  (+1) 2

That's it so far I made her into a non-fiction writer in social critical thinking work and applied philosophy among other areas, a socially skilled woman, attractive and with family money so she doesn't have to work. Her money is well invested and for income over growth plus a small amount from her books and writing. Is not writing under her own name so has no fame but her alter ego Miriam she writes under is very much so but it has no effect on her directly. (PEN NAME)

I need her clan Bonus Attribute and Disciplines plus another out of clan discipline you might recommend. I have to spend two of her three points in her clan ones so will leave one.

Nalla

Okay, so I'm gonna play a werewolf, probably a young one who has just experienced her First Change very recently and is still trying to make sense of what is going on.  I'll post more details once I have everything figured out.

Swedish Steel

Hehe, cool. I'm sticking with mage, once I finish reading it I will submit a character.

On Off page:

Ajoxer

I'm going to go for a Vampire too, probably Gangrel from the way things look, if that would work.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

ZK

I'd suggest lowering the 4's to 3's or maybe a 2. You're a bit rather specialized there. Leaves no room for unlife. x.x

Ajoxer

Hey, yayz, got the Mage book working!
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

RubySlippers

Quote from: Z.K. on June 26, 2006, 09:23:35 PM
I'd suggest lowering the 4's to 3's or maybe a 2. You're a bit rather specialized there. Leaves no room for unlife. x.x

Yes but the cheat sheet mentioned one attribute increase due to clan of +1 so what is it?

Disciplines for the clan?

ZK

I'm not talking about attributes, I'm talking about abilities.