News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Why not Gundam?

Started by BlackestKnight, August 18, 2013, 04:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

Someone other than me should come up with a gundam based roleplay, it would be a nice change of pace. Eventually superhero role plays are going to lose their steam due to overexposure. The mecha genre is becoming popular again. Gundam is a relatively unexplored fandom and the most well known mech franchise. Think about the potential. I have some ideas, but I don't feel like gming.

Cyrano Johnson

Well, I think the superhero RP is pretty much evergreen (it provides an almost endlessly adaptable sort-of-contemporary setting in which to play out archetypes and fantasies), but there'd be nothing wrong with a Gundam one. I see that a Gundam big game was attempted here before. A logical first step for someone to take might be to have a look at that one and see if there are any lessons to be learned from it for a forum setting.

(Not that "someone" will be me. I'd consider running something based on Mekton Zeta at some time in the future, maybe, but for right now Pacific Rim has taken care of my mecha fix just fine...)
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Thorneblood

Would it be easier to just create a unique Gundam Universe or did you have something more series-specific in mind?
I am weary of planning and toiling in the crowded hives of men; Heart weary of building and spoiling and spoiling and building again; And I long for the dear old river where I dreamed my youth away; For a dreamer lives forever, And a toiler dies in a day.

On/Off