Thundercats (Hooo~!) [Accepting 1 M and 2 F]

Started by Dark Deception, September 22, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

Thundercats

Setting

Planet: Third Earth
Thundera was the home planet of the Cats from legend. It is revered to have been a paradise, but because of Mumm-Ra’s arrival, the First Cats were forced to flee. They landed on the planet known as Third Earth, and it was there the Cats restarted their civilization amongst the mutants of Plun-Darr.
Races: Cats and mutants of Plun-Darr (ie. Lizards and Scavengers – Rats, Vultures, other reptiles)
Supreme Villain: Mumm-Ra The Ever Living

Third Earth is a planet that is dominantly deserted. It is a wasteland of what Earth used to be that is until Mumm-Ra reduced it to nothing. There have been patches of forests growing on the planet as life tries to return to the once blue planet. This RP is taking place centuries after the First Cats landed. They have established a kingdom that they named after their old home Thundera, and it is the home of nearly all the cats on the planet. There exist some nomads who have left the fortress either through exile or personal desire and have developed clans in other parts of the world, but this RP will be taking place in this kingdom until events call for the setting to change.

The ruler of the kingdom is King Leomedes, a powerful Lion who is highly respected by all the cats in the kingdom and is the current wielder of the Sword of Omen. Little does he know that Mumm-Ra has been speaking into the selfish hearts of the mutants, and having persuaded General Komodo, is planning to kill the king and reclaim the precious stone that makes the Sword of Omen one of the most powerful weapons in the world.

Mumm-Ra is imprisoned in an ancient pyramid deep within the Valley of the Sands. It is surrounded by a sea of quicksand and violent sandstorms often tear through. It is also written in legend that the great clerics undertook the painful task of sealing the evil mummy in such a dangerous place. Lives were lost, but it was all for the sake of good. Those clerics who took that stressful journey are regarded as heroes amongst the cats. As a Spiritual Adviser to the king, one of those clerics still lives and he has dedicated his life in training the future defenders of the royal family for generations. His name is Cougan. By his students, he is known to be one of the toughest instructors they’d ever have.

This is where our story begins.

GM Note: For those of you who will more than likely ask me if you can play an animal other than a cat, I’m only going to allow up to three players to play non-Cats/non-mutants. Those three players will be allowed to pick any animal they want. Understand though that your character won’t be treated so easily if he or she appears in the kingdom of Thundera. They will more than likely be imprisoned until the proper authority has questioned their purpose and probably existence. The Cats are only used to seeing other Cats and mutants, and nothing different.

Character Creation

Here we are in character creation. Before you just copy/paste the code below, please be sure to read this information real quick. Once someone has chosen a type of Cat or other animal for their character, no one else is allowed to choose the same species. So you must be sure to reserve the animal you want. It is first-come, first-serve but the only way your place is truly held is if you post up a character profile. If you reserve an animal and I don’t see that you’ve posted up a profile after seven days, then I will be giving that species to someone else.

Let me go ahead and say this also, any player that chooses to be a Lion is automatically apart of the royal family. I will permit two Lions say either a sister and a brother, ie. Prince and Princess. That is the only exception to the above rule.

Jobs

This section is dominantly for Cat players. Those three players who have chosen to be “Other” can choose any of the jobs that don’t seem too Cat-only. These jobs are in order from most important to least.

Friend of the Royal Family – Yes, this doesn’t seem like a job but if your character is a best friend to either the Prince or Princess, then you’re pretty much set for life.

Cleric – The clerics are a secret order that work only under the king. The military nor the king’s own children know much about the clerics and their duties. They are a secret and special organization that carry out direct orders from the king whether it be assassination or simply delivering a message. Their training is hard, but they are trained to defend the royal family at the expense of their own lives.

General – There can be more than one general of the Thunderian military. The generals usually have a history of having worked their way to the top and are well-respected by their soldiers. It is the generals who conduct the strategies of war and it is the soldiers who follow whatever the generals say.

Servant – The servants/maidservants are indeed above the soldiers. They tend to the royal family and maintain the cleanliness of the castle. They manage balls, conferences, and other events in the kingdom. Whatever the king, prince, and princess desire, they carry it out.

Soldier – They are the might of the kingdom and serve under the general as well as the king.

Guard – They are the police of the general public often seen patrolling the city, looking to apprehend wrongdoers.

Mercenary – A warrior that isn’t enlisted in the army and whose service is paid for.

Commoner – This is a job class that can be for anyone. This job class is for civilian jobs about the civilian district. Your character can be a thief, work at a shop, blacksmith, etc. Understand though that if you choose this job, you may not have much affiliation with the other jobs. In order to ensure interaction, be sure to have your character at least be familiar with the players involved in other jobs. Say for example, because the blacksmith provides all the armor and weapons for the Thunderan military that is how he or she is known. Because the Apothecary has the best remedies for sickness and diseases, that is how he or she is known. Get my drift?

A Final Important Detail

Just like in the 2011 show, technology is taboo. The Cats consider it to be evil and only certain pieces of technology are permitted, such as the staffs some clerics use that fire lasers. The technology surrounding the Thunderian kingdom is medieval with little exceptions to certain weapons performing special functions. If your character is caught with technology, he or she will be imprisoned and the technology confiscated.

Character Code

[b]Name[/b]: What is your character’s name?
[b]Age[/b]: 18+ We’re ignoring cat years or animal years. This is in human years.
[b]Race[/b]: This is where you specifically write the kind of animal your character is. Don’t just write “Cat.” What kind of Cat?
[b]Gender[/b]: Male or Female. No Futa.
[b]Height[/b]: Self-explanatory.
[b]Weight[/b]: Self-explanatory. Either write the pounds or kilograms since not everyone is from the same country or write both: x lbs. ( x kg) or x kg ( x lbs). Use Google to figure out what’s pounds in kilograms or kilograms to pounds if you don’t know right off the bat.
[b]Visual Appearance[/b]: This is not a requirement. You don’t have to have a picture, but if you aren’t using a picture, then I am expecting a damn good “written appearance” explanation.
[b]Written Appearance[/b]: This is where you write what the picture doesn’t mention. If your character has any tattoos or special traits such as stripes, poka-dots, or what have you.
[b]Personality[/b]: Basic personality.
[b]Likes[/b]: What he or she likes.
[b]Dislikes[/b]: What he or she dislikes.
[b]Quirks/Flaws[/b]: Anything negative or just socially awkward he or she does. This can also be seen as character flaw.
[b]Talents[/b]: Sing, dance, martial arts, cook, burp A,B,Cs, play an instrument, what?
[b]Occupation[/b]: What is your character’s job?
[b]Background[/b]: I’m looking forward to see what kind of background you’ll make for your character. This is where you write any affiliations you may have. If there is a player who is playing the prince or whomever, you’re allowed to assume what you want here so you’re not waiting for them to approve it. They can approve any details afterwards.

[b]Weapon(s)[/b]: Your character is permitted only one kind of weapon that is trademark to him or her. No one else will be allowed to wield this kind of weapon.
[b]Special Ability[/b]: Your character is only allowed to have one special ability. Not one ability that is actually two. Just one period.
[b]Style[/b]: Simply describe how your character chooses to fight. Do they use a lot of acrobatics? Do they use their claws a lot?

Rules

First of all, please read these rules. I’ve had people join my games and break these rules because they obviously didn’t read them and it disappoints me when I put hard work into a game just to see someone not care. So please, read and respect these rules. If not, don’t join the game. Thank you.

1. You will not be allowed to OOC in the IC. Keep all OOC in the OOC because that is what the OOC is for.
2. Please refrain from posting pictures in the IC. The pictures are always enormous and take up the whole web browser. Please do not do this. If you want to give everyone a visual, post it in the OOC.
3. If your characters decide to get hot, if clothes start coming off, then you’ll have to take your sexual play into a separate thread so as to not discourage others from the main plot. I don't want "those who browse the RP" to think that this is a smut game and smut is all we got going here. Storyline and character development are the two most important things here.
4. I will primarily be in charge of the enemy, such as Mumm-Ra and General Komodo, but if you wish to NPC a small enemy or would like to play as a villain or soon-to-be reformed villain, then feel free to let me know.
5. Communication. If you are going on vacation, having computer problems, whatever that keeps you from posting in the IC, please let us know in the OOC. Please PM me and let me know especially because that way I can make special arrangements to have you replaced (if you are dropping out) or to have you skipped without the RP being jeopardized. It is courteous to let me know of any delays, so please, let me know. There may be a posting order during interactions/conflict so as to make sure everyone gets a say or action.
6. Spelling, grammar, punctuation. You are required to have a decent amount of it. I will not permit one-lining in this RP. You are required to post at least 200 words minimum. There are programs where you can use spell check, so please be sure to use them.
7.  Remember I am only allowing three other races. Only three players will be allowed to be a race other than a Cat and a mutant of Plun-Darr. THREE! They are first-come and first-serve.
8. Choose on type of Cat only. No Hybrids. There will be no ligers or tiguars or anything like that. Once you choose a race that is your race. Lions are royal family. No exceptions.
9. Race doesn’t determine strength. We all would like to assume that if a player is playing a Lion or a Tiger then their character is automatically the strongest because IRL Lions and Tigers are strong. Well, IRL Lions and Tigers do not apply to this game. Your character is strong if you say he or she is. You can RP a weak Tiger if you want. I will not have any Lion vs Tiger arguments or “logical” arguments on what species should be the strongest, fastest, etc.
10. Activity. The minimum activity required of a player is three posts a week. This is not going to be enforced. I’m just letting you know the level of activity that I hope to see. I understand that everyone has a life, and I’m not expecting anyone to honestly be sitting before their computer screens for hours, waiting for someone to reply just so that they can reply back. If you are active and can post more than this, good for you, but I don’t want anyone going ahead of others because it is discouraging. I will be monitoring the pace of this game to make sure no one is being overwhelmed.
11. Have fun. I am open to suggestions, and if you have any questions, be sure to say them in the OOC so that when they are answered, everyone who might have had the same question will see it. I will more than likely be placing all questions (if they are good ones) in the Q&A section.

Q&A

Clarifications

You are not required to have seen or watched Thundercats to play in this game. However, you are required to go to Google Images and type in Thundercats to get an idea of what the cats look like. They don't look like hard-core anthromorphs. They also don't look like hard-core nekos (Japanese anime inspired cat girls/boys). Once you get the visual, then there you go.

Links

Character Thread
OOC
The Cat's Lair
The City

Player List/Taken (Reserved) Species

Lynx - Lynx/Cleric/Servant - (Dark Deception) ♂
Cheetarik - Cheetah/Soldier - (AngelicBlade) ♂
Caraina - Caracal/Thief - (Saphir) ♀
Tigrus - Tiger/Friend of RF - (Ramael) ♂
Leona - Lioness/Princess - (VNConsort) ♀
Leonaar - Lion/Prince - (Karasu) ♂
Servallatrix - White Serval/Royal Concubine - (Rochester) ♀

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

AngelicBlade

Dark Deception

AngelicBlade

Mr Self Destruct

Count me in!  Glad to see you changed your mind. :)

I've got a character concept for a panther mercenary.  I'll work up a profile and submit it for approval in a day or so.

Dark Deception

VNConsort

I'm interested but I'm busy tonight.  I wouldn't mind taking the female lioness princess if it's required by the story. 
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Availability: June 2016, resuming activity.  Open for Roleplays

Dark Deception

It's not a requirement. It's just if you have a desire to play a Lion then your role would be royalty since Lions are royalty in this game (and in the show lol).

Dark Deception

I reserved it for you. Let me know if you change your mind.

AngelicBlade

Ahem, yes well, I think I'd like to play as a white tiger if that's possable. If not then I'll play as some other cat.

Mr Self Destruct

Name: Panthrix
Race: Black Panther
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 225 lbs.
Written Appearance: Panthrix is lithe, but with a body of lean muscle from years of battle.  His fur is as black as midnight, and his eyes are lavender, with black slits for pupils.  He has a long, curved scar that runs down the left side of his forehead, across his eye, and down his cheekbone.  Some say he is blind in that eye from the wound, but if it affects his prowess in battle or the hunt, it doesn’t show.  He normally wears light leather armor, with silver gauntlets at his forearms.  He also wears various rings and other adornments, from necklaces to earrings, which he changes regularly, though with no apparent reasoning.
Personality: Panthrix is equal parts witty and cunning.  He speaks with one who has complete confidence in his abilities, martial or otherwise, and the cockiness of a man who has survived some hard battles in his life.  He has a quick wit and a quicker sword arm, and he isn’t afraid to go where others fear to tread, whether it be dark caves or some forgotten tomb.
Dislikes: Do-gooders, those who interfere with his plans
Quirks/Flaws: Panthrix has an odd habit…when he defeats an enemy in combat, he has to take an item from his fallen foe.  It serves to explain the various bits of jewelry he wears, though there have been times when his foe hasn’t had any such adornments.  In those instances, his trophies have been more crude, such as an ear or finger.  Moreso, he cannot seem to rid himself of these items, and has various containers full of his grisly and not-so-grisly tokens.
Talents: Juggling, sleight of hand, acrobatics
Background: Panthrix had a rough life from the start.  He never knew his father, and his mother died in childbirth.  He was raised on the streets of the city, and had to steal, fight, and, eventually, kill to survive.  There were times when he regretted doing what he had to do, and times when he didn’t, but these early years taught him how to survive.
He joined the military when he was an adult, but after two years of troubled service, he quit.  A year later, he was making a profitable enterprise as a mercenary, working with various less-than-reputable mercenaries in order to complete the tasks set before him.  He gained a reputation as a cat that can get the job done, and has earned a good amount of coin for his services.  He is currently in service to King Leomedes.
Weapon(s): Falchion, Barbed Whip
Special Ability: Quick-Climbing.  His natural agility and quick foot work make it easy for him to scale walls quick and nimbly.
Style: Panthrix relies more on agility in battle.  Quick foot-work combined with his natural ability of stealth allows him great advantage on the battlefield, in that he creates his own battlefields on which to fight.  Striking from the shadows, circling around behind an enemy, catching his foes unguarded are all effective and, in his mind, justified means of combat.  Panthrix is a survivor, and he’ll take any advantage, offered or not, that presents itself.

Dark Deception

Your profile is great! Accepted. Angelic I reserved the White Tiger for you.

VNConsort

Could you say a little more about the plot? Direction, etc?
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Dark Deception

AngelicBlade

Ehem, scratch that I found a good pic for a cheetah. :o

Dark Deception

I more than likely won't have a pic unless I draw my own. v_v

VNConsort

So, would it be more helpful to play the Princess or "Friend of the Royal Family". xD
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Dark Deception

It's hard to say. We don't have a prince or a princess at the moment. If you have a desire to play a Lion then go for royalty, if not, then go for the other jobs.

arikelillusion

could it be a Lynx? because i dont remember in the TV.. i would be a friend of the royal family.
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

arikelillusion

Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

arikelillusion

could be a leopard then? because cant take the same species right? i just need to find a good picture.. hehe
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

Dark Deception

I have pictures of Thundercat girls (original ones) if anyone is stumped for picture-searching. Sure, I'll have you reserved for Leopard. Just PM me if you're interested to see the pictures. It's always easier to find good-looking girl pics than guys. v_v

Dark Deception

You know Nimara, since no one has chosen a Lion yet and we have a decent cast (so far five). A prince or princess would be preferred at this point.

VNConsort

Alrighty!  Settled, I like how this is moving along.  I'll post up my profile :3
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Dark Deception

All right. I found a picture for my character so I'm working up a profile.  ;D

If anyone needs help with finding pictures, let me know. I'll help you find some.