Serenity based game

Started by CaptainErotica, February 28, 2007, 01:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

Okay yet another game idea from yours truly. A Firefly/Serenity based game, with the usual Elliquiy twist thrown in. Players could play either the canon characetrs or we could make up our own crew. I would plan on running the game freeform. However, if combat became a problem, I do have the Serenety rpg on PDf so we could go with a rules lite version of that if need be. what do ya'll think?

Jeramiahh

I'd be up for this... I'd prefer to go with non-canon characters, since there's sooo many options in that setting.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

RubySlippers

I get dibs on the Companion! Don't have the rules but can make something up with some help. I did notice someone tried to run one already I think and posted some rules if I read the Archived Old Threads correctly.

Elvi

Max ran it and it had the makings of a really good game, however, many of the players had to drop out for various reasons and it was put on hold.
Perhaps you should have a word with Max about bringing it back Rob?

It weas the start of a really good game and he even managed to coherse me into playing (And it had a system!).......
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

RubySlippers

I noticed the name when I was browsing and then remembered it when I saw this one.

CaptainErotica

That could work. I have the rule book and can easily get copies to everyone, but I wouldn't use any rolls unless I had to. Is Max still around?

Elvi

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

CaptainErotica

Cool I'll PM him and see if he wants to try and revive the game. The serenity/firefly verse is such a wonderful setting. I stil lcan't understand why the show got canned, after only half a season. Though I think if they showed the episodes in the order they were meant to be showed it would have helped.

Elandra

It was shown on a Friday night during the baseball season in the US...it was doomed to fail. Not too mention it is a series about character development as much as anything and sophisticated humor, not your typical 'dumb-downed' humor the general public prefers in their television shows.

In any case I would be interested if the game did not involve the canon characters.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

RogueJedi

Networks are NOTORIOUS for canning projects that the network head doesn't love himself.  The only exception to this rule is Fox every so often.  And Murdoch is also the only network head who has restarted a series after he made the decision to cut it, when sales of DVDs vastly overshot projections (Family Guy).

But, for instance, NBC and ABC didn't want 24 as they said it wouldn't work.  Um, yeah... great job guys.

Vandren

Quote from: elandra on February 28, 2007, 10:46:06 AM
It was shown on a Friday night during the baseball season in the US...it was doomed to fail. Not too mention it is a series about character development as much as anything and sophisticated humor, not your typical 'dumb-downed' humor the general public prefers in their television shows.

I'd second this, but with the addition that it applies to main networks.  Cable networks are a bit looser, seeing as they don't have to worry about ratings too much.  Of course, this still doesn't explain why the SciFi channel kills/cancels any show that gets high end ratings (Farscape, Stargate, etc.)  *shrug*

Anywho . . . I'd definitely be interested in a non-canon game.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

CaptainErotica

I was in Japan when the show came out. I didn't even here about it until After I saw Serenity. I do agree with you about the show being character driven, which is one reason why i think they should have showed the episodes in order. Anyway as far as this game goes, if it goes down it looks like it wil lnot be with canon characters, which I prefer.

Cherri Tart

ooo!  i want to play!  i loved that show - lol - although i didn't see it until it came out on DVD.  *practices shooting things with my pistol - manages not to wound anyone seriously*
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Swedish Steel

Loved that show too. I almost joined the first game, but my character creation writers block won over me yet again. Could give it another go I suppose.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

MechanicalImpulses

I've actually only seen Serenity but I loved it,  would I be able to play without knowledge of the series?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8276.0 Ons and offs

Switch with heavy submissive tendencies.

I found my cattleprod!

CaptainErotica

sure! the characters are al lthe same, they just made a few minor changed to them for the movie.

MechanicalImpulses

I found my cattleprod!

Cherri Tart

*takes a shot at the apple on Mechi's head*  oop!  sorry about that... let me get a band-aid...

O/O, Cherri Flavored

CaptainErotica

MechanicalImpulses

:: blinks:: Was I just shot?   ::Holds hand to wound and shrugs:: Only a flesh wound...

I found my cattleprod!

Cherri Tart

*puts a hole in the beer keg* oh, dear - that's going to be hard to explain...

O/O, Cherri Flavored

MechanicalImpulses

Come on dear...  give me the pistol.  No more shooting stuff up...  ::Smiles while approaching slowly::

I found my cattleprod!

Cherri Tart

sorry... it just sort of went off... *shoots hole through RG guys hat*  maybe i should just put it down now...

O/O, Cherri Flavored

RogueJedi

I was in the first game, and would be interested in being in a reincarnation of it or something.  Myself, I always loved Wash.  Serenity made me so sad.  :'(

CaptainErotica

I asm a leaf on the wind..watch me...Urrrrk!!!