News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Webdings or special characters?

Started by Zeitgeist, February 15, 2010, 11:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeitgeist

Is it possible to insert a special character, such as a webding into a post? Specifically I'm trying to insert a particular Webding of a musical note. It's a unicode character: 0xAF. I'll copy/past it here, just to demonstrate what happens.

¯

Thoughts? Thanks...

Autumn Sativus

For the first one hold down ALT and press 14. For the second on hold down ALT and press 13.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Zeitgeist

Quote from: Saffron on February 15, 2010, 11:32:19 PM

For the first one hold down ALT and press 14. For the second on hold down ALT and press 13.

Girlfriend, you simply rock all day long ;D I couldn't get the keystroke combination to work, but copy/pasting from your quoted reply worked, I'll have to get back to that. Thanks so much!

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Zamdrist of Zeitgeist on February 15, 2010, 11:37:57 PM
Girlfriend, you simply rock all day long ;D I couldn't get the keystroke combination to work, but copy/pasting from your quoted reply worked, I'll have to get back to that. Thanks so much!
No problem-o! ;D
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Oh! Sometimes it requires that you use the number pad rather than the number line at the top of the keyboard. And I have a tendency to try holding shift or ctrl rather than alt. Just a couple of possibilities.
Us against the world

Trieste

On a laptop, it needs to be function + alt + the number pad equivalent (on my laptop it's the mjkluio789 keys that make up the number pad when used in conjunction with fn). Or, at least, on my laptop it needs to be.

Autumn Sativus

I did it on my laptop with NumLock, Alt JU (14 equiv.) and Alt JL (13 equiv.)
Us against the world

Zeitgeist

Yeah I've got a funny keyboard, I think actually it's a traveling keyboard, I dunno, put I'll give it a shot.

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

That worked, and as Trieste noted it also required the Fn key pressed along with Alt.

Thanks Saffron and Trieste!