Dragon Kin: Garden of Flames (Still Accepting Applications)

Started by Brittlby, September 12, 2011, 10:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VNConsort

Hi after reading through this entire thread, I'm pretty interested to join this.  Before I have a character sheet up for approval I wanted to know if the GM had any characters in mind, story-wise that she would like me to consider playing?  So as you do not have to shoulder to many alternate characters/NPCs.  I don't mind tailoring the character I have in mind to anything that will help smooth out the story/game/etc.

Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Availability: June 2016, resuming activity.  Open for Roleplays

Brittlby

Honestly, I could use some more Abyssians, but at the end of the day, it's not exactly dire. Better you play what you want to play! We need more of pretty much everything.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

VNConsort

Of course, of course!  I'll put up my character in the morning for approval.  Perhaps if I get into the story and understand the world more, I can take on another character etc.  This roleplay looks like it has a lot of great potential for long term growth, etc.
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Availability: June 2016, resuming activity.  Open for Roleplays

Brittlby

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=119485.0

Alrighty. It's up and not going to lie to you, it's a little rough. *laugh* But I promised to get it running tonight and after so many set backs last time, I figured a rough take off was better than a delay.

The first monster post is largely recycle from the original thread, so skim it if you like. Not much has changed. Toriss Ava and Milly are dealing with Nomed. On the Dragon side of Vechtland, the seal has been broken rather specacularly, so word has gotten around that something is up, and forces are gathering just in case. Last time the humans and dragons dealt with each other it wasn't entirely friendly after all.

Cocanth, Ehroj, and Sil are over there, so you can post response and muck about a bit. I'll also provide some NPC support/responses to keep you entertained. Next round or so the gates open and we'll have an open world to play with, and can move a bit more fluidly.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

bubby

Dark Deception

I haven't come up with a tag idea for this, but eh, I don't think one is necessary yet.

Also to inform, No can speak if spoken to. Or are the dragons allowed to speak? I was thinking the Dragon Kin were like Dragon Whispers and can understand them while normal humans can't?

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Blank

O_o I'll try to reply soon.  I'll be fairly busy over the next day or so.  That text is monolithic too.  XD

Brittlby

Quote from: Dark Deception on September 17, 2011, 04:10:52 AM
I haven't come up with a tag idea for this, but eh, I don't think one is necessary yet.

Also to inform, No can speak if spoken to. Or are the dragons allowed to speak? I was thinking the Dragon Kin were like Dragon Whispers and can understand them while normal humans can't?

I assumed as much as well.

O/O

Brittlby

Quote from: Blank on September 17, 2011, 04:19:30 AM
O_o I'll try to reply soon.  I'll be fairly busy over the next day or so.  That text is monolithic too.  XD

And depressingly, didn't give you much to work with yet. -_- So I suppose you're probably at a grungy traveling caravan bar on the outskirts of the monastery? *laugh*

O/O

arikelillusion

Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

swordwind

arikelillusion

Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

Blank

Quote from: Brittlby on September 17, 2011, 09:03:24 AM
And depressingly, didn't give you much to work with yet. -_- So I suppose you're probably at a grungy traveling caravan bar on the outskirts of the monastery? *laugh*
=P I should have some idea of what's going on.

"Alright, I punch this guy."
"This guy is a dragon."
"Oh uh... I'll do it anyway."
"The dragon is made out of magma."
"I... totally read that... Somewhere.  It is uh... Part of er the plan."

bubby

Just so I don't go posting out my butt, is Nomad the only Dragon chained, or are they all? The answer to this question will be what moves my post, which will be later today, after FOOTBALL!!!!

...OH...and...can we have an OOC yet?  >_>

Brittlby

You say that... they just freed the dragon all of the other dragons thought was kind of a bastard without negotiating or bringing snacks. Themselves excluded. Leaving the planning to a clerical golem, even if she's your boss is usually a bad idea. Because one, she's probably not concerned with being eaten, and two, they do a lot of things based on faith. *laugh*

"It's all totally gonna work out according to the prophecy."
"There's a prophecy?"
"Yeah. I wrote it!"
"We're doomed!"

Punch that magma, B! Punch it!

And yes. Nomed is the only chained one. Everyone else is sort of in the dragon equivalent of Florida, retired. Boring but reasonably pleasant land on the other side of Vechtland. Lots of predators for humans... who are in turn lots of food for dragons.

O/O

arikelillusion

wait.. i just freed a dragon how probably plain to eat me??? =O -runs to change the post-

=P LOL
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

Brittlby

O/O

arikelillusion

-sighs relieved- right!! =) -stop and dont change the post-
Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

Blank

Quote from: arikelillusion on September 17, 2011, 02:09:29 PM
-sighs relieved- right!! =) -stop and dont change the post-
Hey, I heard getting eaten is a great way for character development.  But it tends to hinder future developments.

Dark Deception

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Karasu

Removed, due to vandalism.

arikelillusion

Anxiously
wildly
madly
My body is calling you
"On fire"!!

Brittlby

It's my own fault for not being clearer, but Bristol is one of those "faith will see us through despite the obvious" kind of people. >_> A brisk jog for our lives will be good for us!

O/O

Karasu

Removed, due to vandalism.

bubby

>_>

*thinks she killed the RP, as everything went silent after her post*

Or...not. Lol!