News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Log Horizon: Living in the Database (RECRUITING)

Started by Sabre, March 29, 2014, 07:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

hmm......it's possible? so far they have only been able to make things that they actually understand how they actually work they haven't been able to invent things like robots yet....
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Vanetias

Sabre

I'm thinking robotics is a little too far at this point.  I doubt we'll be playing much further in the LH universe's timeline for that possibility.

Latooni Subota

After a lot of thought, I figure Race of Rituals, Enchanter, Tailor would be interesting. She picked the race and class for a genuine challenge in the game (and is no stranger to dying due to her truly abysmal hp and defense, at least before joining up with more established groups). Could she have some Chef skill as well, with that Apprentice trick? Regardless, her role in the guild is production of comfortable clothes and gear to help make it easier for the guild to explore and such, and act as battlefield control in battle with her damn near endless supply of mp and buffs/debuffs.

Too Disney?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

pendarious

from what I understand of the Apprentice subclass is that when you take on a "Master" and level up abilities when you change sub classes it converts the experience and levels you had in a category into levels and exp for the new sub class but you are able to keep your "Masters" skills that you have already learned.

Also from what I understand you have to have Chef as your active sub class to cook properly though I could be reading that wrong if you used the Apprentice sub class....
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Sabre

She'd lose her armorer skill if she apprenticed.

Perhaps we can delegate another player as guild chef, but Latooni's character may have real world experience with cooking that she nags on the other player with.  It might be fun to have a circle of players nagging on others on how to use each other's subclasses speaking from RL experience or just otaku mania.

Latooni Subota

The way I understand it is that when you learn things under Apprentice (In that case, cooking) when you switch out of the Apprentice to another subclass you keep access to what you learned as an Apprentice. At least, that's how it reads on the wiki. The other options work well too, though.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

pendarious

I haven't actually read the sub classes descriptions on the wiki I've only got the vague description from the light novel and anime to go by. Though Latooni could be right I say we leave it's interpretation to Saber though since he is GM.

Sabre

Quote from: Log Horizon: Volume 5 Chapter 3: The Sorcerer's ApprenticeThe subclass which Minori now had was Apprentice. Minori hated the tailor subclass and wished to switch out of it as soon as she was able. However, she had found it difficult to decide on a new subclass. While she was deliberating, Shiroe suggested that she choose the apprentice subclass in the meantime.

The apprentice was one of the "subclasses", however, it was quite different from others. It was similar to role-playing subclasses like accountant or fortune teller, but was even more special.

An apprentice could register another player as a "teacher" and receive abilities based on that player's subclass, "copying" over a few low-level skills. Minori could craft parchment and ink because she had registered Shiroe as her teacher—— that was to say, those skills were copied over from Shiroe.

Apprentices received experience bonuses, so it was not hard to level up. Furthermore, the fact that skills were copied over from the teacher made it even more easy. However, because an Apprentice could only copy skills that were mid-level and below and the subclass lacked its own "unique set of skills", it was not very popular.

An apprentice's true defining feature was only evident after maturity. Apart from some special subclasses that had specific requirements, an Apprentice could switch to any subclass, and the skills pertaining to the new subclass would carry over along with all their current subclass experience.

For example, when a level 30 apprentice switched subclasses to a chef, he or she would become a level 30 chef with the same level of experience as an Adventurer who had been a chef since level one.

It was perfectly fine to start out as an apprentice if you wanted to be a blacksmith, which was quite tedious to train. However, a teacher was required and the list of items you could make would not increase as you leveled up so you would have to resort to other methods to increase your repertoire, which was one of the problems.

This along with the entries from both wikis tells me that an apprentice loses her old subclass and its abilities, and that the skills its learns only carries over into the same subclass as the teacher of the apprentice.  So no FF5 job shenanigans.

Vanetias

Are airships allowed for this game?

pendarious

probably not since they haven't even began experimenting with flight to our knowledge.

Sabre

A very simple hot air balloon should be possible with the right materials, ingenuity, and a fire mage/summon.  But anything more advanced is highly doubtful.  Let's not stray into steampunk here with airships and steambots and such.

Latooni Subota

Also, on second thought, I decided I'd rather do Summoner for the main class. If only because trying to find rare summons would be fun diversions :D

Sabre

You just want cute summons to dress up, don't you?

Latooni Subota

Vanetias

Or maybe a 'friend with benefits.' ;)

Also, is it alright to keep monsters like goblins as workers?

Latooni Subota

You'd be better off making friends with some NPCs and keeping them out of harm's way, I'd think.

Latooni Subota

The longer we take to plan and recruit, the more i keep wanting to change my concept. Can I get a current tally of who wants to be what (Race/CLass/Sub), and figure out if we're going to make this a small-scale game or keep waiting for more players, since the early rush seems to have died off completely?

Latooni Subota

Okay, I had a plot-ish idea that I ran by Sabre after reading more of Log Horizon and watching more episodes, so I wanted to pose it to everyone. Would anyone be adverse to the guild being one that takes in the support of the People of the Land, and attempts to raise their own city/kingdom separate from the main ones? The idea came to me after reading up on the Aristocrat subclass, and realizing that with the way Adventurers can change how their subclass works to get better results, an Aristocrat could probably do some cool things by becoming recognized nobility and getting the help of the People of the Land. We'd need more group input of course, but it would probably involve our guild taking control of a small region with nearby villages of Landers and spreading out our influence from there, grabbing new Novasphere Pioneer quests that pop up and building up a power base, as well as exploring the changed world of the game since at the time most people would be sticking to areas they're comfortable with/around the main cities. Thoughts?

pendarious

Latooni Subota

I swear I'm not doing this just so I basically be an adventurer princess. :P

pendarious

KnightNelson20

Edited and added Raizons Backstory. Will be adding Izumi's backstory soon!

Raizon
Class: Summoner Lvl: 90
Subclass: Vampire Lvl: 90
Weapon: Soul Jars (magical items created by Izumi, Raizon is able to conjure different summons through these despite specific necessities. excludes summons that require location specifics)
Raizon is an energetic trickster. He has always been that way which normally got him into trouble both inside and outside of Elder Tales. Once this game became his reality he simply accepted it and fell into his role. He would be a world renown summoner. Not to mention his vampire subclass which at times he takes far to serious. Izumi and Raizon had been partners even before Elder Tales became warped. They have a relationship that mirrors brother and sister but hints on something more.

While leveling he met one of the People of the Land that also excelled at summoning, Ilfri. They began travelling together both seeking out more monsters/spirits to control. Often arguing over who would reap the rewards of the battle/raid, leaving Izumi to settle the debate. In a raid the three of them took up together in search of a stronger summon for Raizon, Ilfri took a fatal attack while Izumi's taunt was down. Raizon and Izumi were able to finish the encounter but they were still left in tears for their friend. Raizon specializing in Necromancy and stuck in his own vampire fantasies leaned into his friend and bit into her neck. Focusing his power he sealed her soul into his Soul Jars along with his other summons. She is now his favorite summon follower. Not many know that she was once a person.
Ilfri

-or-

Izumi
Class: Samurai
Subclass: Swordsmith/Sword Saint
Level: 90

pendarious

well here are my characters well stripped down versions since I haven't decided on back stories yet.

Argus

Name: Argus (Arthur Cornelius Grenwald)
Race: Human
Class: Guardian (Level: 90)
Subclass: Knight (Level:90)
History: Arthur is a 25 year old man who is a brilliant programmer. He does free lance work so that he can have plenty of time for his long standing hobby of playing Elder Tales. As Argus he is a guardian who has for 10 years in our time fought monsters and completed quests for the sake of being in battle. He is calculating and cunning but also fairly kind but lazy. When the Apocalypse occurred he was among the players who were initially shocked but he quickly fell into the role of his character and went back to battling as soon as he could. He also discovered that he was considered a legend among knights by the people of the land because he apparently appeared in their history around a century ago.

Erina

Name: Erina (Sakagami Rika)
Race: Fox Tail
Class: Sorceror (Level 50)
Subclass: Tracker (Level 70)
History: Sakagami Rika is a girl who's parents are abusive and on the verge of divorce. Her father beats her and her mother always yells at her she spent much of her childhood running away from home and hiding. She is 17 and has finally found her refuge the game of Elder Tales. She has been playing for 3 months and the apocalypse has occurred. now that she's trapped she takes on the persona of her character Erina the energetic, friendly, and somewhat crazy sorcerer who is everything that Rika wishes she could be. She has arrived on the European Server by accident after having accidentally activated a Fairy Ring during the first few minutes of the Apocalypse

Vanetias

Vanto

Name: Vanto(Weals 'Charles' Jam)
Class: Summoner(90)
Subclass: Mechanic(90)
Race: Human
Background: Playing Elder Tales as to kill time, he acts more of a laid-back person, sociable whilist perverted towards women he likes. Played the game for 9 months before the apocalypse happen.