Sci-fi thriller/mystery requiring players

Started by Lady Jenn, September 30, 2011, 05:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

It is the distant future. The human race has expanded to control most of the Milky Way but has yet to expand beyond the borders of the galaxy. They live in relative peace, but how long can this peace last?

People and ships are disappearing from all across the human empire, no explanation presenting itself to even the most skilled scientists. An unknown force is striking at the heart of the empire but how...and why?

You are one of a group of people who find themselves on board a strange ship, abducted from their own craft or even their own homes. You must figure out where you are, how you got there, and what is behind your abduction before it is too late.

Rules:
Beyond the fact your character must be human you can make whatever origin story you want, whether its a soldier, a cook, an engineer or just some random person plucked from their kitchen. It could be anything from a battle hardened soldier plucked from a battlefield to a doctor plucked from an operating theatre, the thing kidnapping these people isn't picky. Also be aware, since they don't know what's happened, they might not necessarily immediately trust my character.
No superpowers/paranormal abilities allowed, these are meant to be relatively normal people.
No powermodding.
No godmodding.
I'll make an OOC thread so that the bare minimum of OOC occurs within the main story.

I probably should've done this request BEFORE doing the RP (my bad on that front). Be aware things are not what they seem in this story, and the true scale of the threat won't be immediately obvious. You don't need to be a soldier, to be honest the more "normal" your character is better, makes it more interesting than just having a load of muscly super-soldiers solving everything lol.

Not sure what else to say, feel free to ask any questions, and this is the link to the RP:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=120321.0

and this is the OOC:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=120322.0