News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Rapture or Party Time

Started by despickable, May 19, 2011, 06:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

despickable

It seems the end of the world is nigh. In the city of Melbourne placard waving Christians were espousing the good news (for some) is it the end are we to see the rapture as biblical scholars tell us or are they just another bag of peanut?
For the heads up read  and add your views. If all is well then damn I have work next week and if not well the landlord can go jump in he lake (of fire) he ain't getting squat

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/18/MN1N1JFUB4.DTL

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Star Safyre

I wasn't aware of this until I was invited to the post-Rapture looting on Facebook.

I plan on attending.   >:)
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

despickable

See it on a stolen big Screen Plasma Televison in Living color

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Oniya

I think this sums up my opinion on the matter:

1999: Prince
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wyrd

This sounds completely stupid. This is why I hate most Christians. Thats what the world need right now, more fear. 
Ragtime Dandies!

Star Safyre

I like to remind these Christians what is in their own Bibles:

QuoteMatthew 24:36-44 (New International Version)

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Oniya

To be fair, 'most Christians' probably think this guy is full of hooey too.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Star Safyre

Oh, I'm sure most do, but to me any Christian who claims to know the date of The End is an automatic failure.

Oniya

True enough.  Actually, I was responding to the post above yours.  Even though I'm not Christian, (or even monotheistic) there's no sense in tarring them with the acts of what's really a very specific branch.

HairyHeretic

I believe the rapture has been expected since shortly after Jesus's death.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

despickable

Monty python Life of Brian showed it perfectly people are gullible, will believe anything and just think hell would be stuck with these bozos for eternity.

There is also reference in the Bible to be aware of false prophets many will claim such things but will only be looking at profits from them .

fear and loathing and the nashing of teeth I guess it is funny that my work place only offered me shifts up till Saturday 4pm this week, no Sunday..Do they know something?

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

TheVillain

I've got a bet going with some locals, if the Rapture does happen I'll look after their pets. If not, they owe me a coke.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Oniya

What if the Rapture happened and nobody disappeared?  Talk about embarrassing!

TheVillain

Then how would we know the Rapture happened?
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Star Safyre

Quote from: TheVillain on May 19, 2011, 02:54:09 PM
I've got a bet going with some locals, if the Rapture does happen I'll look after their pets. If not, they owe me a coke.

Now I'm curious what their pets did to prevent them from being "taken up".   :P

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Star Safyre on May 19, 2011, 03:13:48 PM
Now I'm curious what their pets did to prevent them from being "taken up".   :P

Clearly, "All Dogs Go To Heaven" was a lie.

Noelle

The part that worries me the most is that there are people who are financially ruining themselves over this fringe lunacy and probably seriously screwing over their family in the long-term. I can't dredge up the article at the moment for some odd reason, but Yahoo ran an article about it that did a short interview with a family with a small child who budgeted all of their money so that come May 21st, they would be completely broke because they didn't think they would need it after that.

The good news is, looks like I'll be getting a promotion on the 23rd when I find I'm the only one left at work!

Oniya

On that note, I'm now hoping that we don't have any Heaven's Gate flashbacks.   :-\

Noelle

I wonder if grocery stores will be running any specials on Kool-Aid...*

Disclaimer: I'm not actually hoping anyone commits suicide and I would pretty heavily frown upon anyone who would wish for such a thing. The kool-aid joke was too good to pass up. I WAS BORN THIS WAY, OK??

Oniya

Beauty Rapax

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 19, 2011, 03:27:44 PM
Clearly, "All Dogs Go To Heaven" was a lie.

A bit off topic but I remember when the priest at my family church told me my dog lacked an immortal soul. Way to go Catholicism; emotionally scarring one eleven year old at a time. Catholicism= always winning.

Oniya

So here's a question:  Does the Rapture all happen at the same time?  Is it corrected for time zones?  What about places like Australia, where it's tomorrow already?

Noelle

According to the link, New Zealand will know first and the show begins at 11PM PST...That's 1AM CST/2AM EST for the rest of us who'd like to tune in to the wreckage -- just in time to have your last drink!

Oniya

So those of us with friends Down Under will be first to know it's a hoax, too d ;D b

despickable

New Zealand is four hours ahead of me so does that mean I have to wait longer or will it be all over before we get any action. Australia is often left out.

Latest ad.

It's the end of the world sale The Ascension sale.
We wont be beaten on epistles
Bargain basement baptist, cheap Christan's, and Anglicans we are giving them away.
Get them before the ascend to the sky.
It the end of the world sale.Never to be repeated.

Sorry I have so much spare time these days..

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page