X-Men: Days of Future Ruin - Prison Rebels and Turncoat Enforcers Wanted!

Started by Mathim, August 10, 2016, 07:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

Quote from: Mathim on August 20, 2016, 10:42:34 PM
Wow! I never would have guessed that from the movies or cartoons.

They didn't go too deep in the 90's cartoon, but they explain he's their kid(making Nightcrawler his half brother on Raven's side, and Rogue his foster sister), and ironically because his parents are both awesome mutants who will outlive him due to their powers, he ended up hating all mutants and joined Friends of Humanity basically to spite them.

Juggtacular

Basics
Basics
Birth Name / Mutant Name: Piotr "Peter" Nikolaievitch Rasputin - Colossus
Sex and Player's Preferred Orientation: Male, Heterosexual
Personality: Despite his intimidating size and appearance(6'6 - 245lbs) Piotr is a quiet, kind, and gentle man.  While many his age would prefer to go out on an evening in town, Peter would prefer to stay at home with his loved ones and play a game or paint or read. When he does go out, he is usually the quiet one of the group who says very little but listens to everything. He says that he has two ears and only one tongue, so he listens twice as much as he talks. In reality, he feels awkward and shy in social settings around a lot of people he doesn't know – shallow and meaningless conversation makes him uncomfortable.

Get to know Peter though... it's worth the effort to find out who he truly is. He is unflinchingly loyal to those who have won his friendship and he would give them the shirt off his back if they needed it or tunnel through hell to save a fellow's life. He has always been a good listener and is very slow to judge most of the time; also very good at keeping the confidence of others. A man of simple tastes, he prefers honesty over lies, feeling that it only complicates life and that anyone you spend valuable time with should be someone with whom you can be honest.

Piotr's temper resembles the material that he encases himself in – it is durable and not easily bent or cracked. In other words, he is slow to anger, preferring to listen to people and talk things through intelligently. However, as with any material, apply enough force and Colossus will break; when Colossus does lose his temper, it is a sight to behold. Despite his long suffering demeanor, Piotr does have anger issues... due mainly to his own inability to open up to people or express his own feelings. Instead he tends to bottle them up, using his own anger and frustration as fuel for working out or training or those times when he does snap.

Since being captured, he tends to focus on work, or escape, or the small pleasantries he's allowed. He doesn't talk much, as he doesn't have much reason to. Also, he's slowly coming to hate what he's forced to become. A tool for his captors, a symbol he can't live up to for the other mutants...hated by those who attempt to fight him in the arena.

Any Family/Close Relations:

Illyana Rasputin/Magik - Younger Sister
Mikhail Rasputin - Older Brother
X-Men - Extended family

History: Piotr was born in Siberia on a large multipurpose farming community called the Ust-Ordynski Collective. It was located only a few miles away from Lake Baikal, and Piotr and the other kids would often swim there growing up(when it was warm enough). As a child, he looked up to his brother Mikhail, who had left the farm and become an astronaut of nationwide fame. And a few years after Piotr, his parents had another child, Illyana.

Peter was a devoted older brother and always watched out for his little "Snowflake". Farm life was simple and hard in a place as cold as Siberia, but it was all young Piotr knew so he had no reason to complain. And when he had time to himself, he found release for any problems in art. He would even paint for others of the collective in return for supplies or favors; sometimes he even got money. It wasn't much, but he could buy candies for himself and his sister from time to time. Life was pretty normal all things considered, but one day everything changed. He had just turned fourteen and had the amazing(not really) talk with his parents that he could do more chores around the farm, but of course he would still be treated as a child. He was a good boy though so he did as he was told.

A few weeks later, his sister was playing by the barn and a tractor got out of control. The gas pedal jammed and the steering column locked due to the cold. Illyana was still a child and was so engrossed with her dolls that she didn't notice the death machine rumbling down on her. Piotr was close by, and was already running for her before his father even got the chance to yell at him. He reached his sister, but there was no time to get either of them out of the way. Something miraculous happened though, and there was a sound of clanking metal as he suddenly got bigger. He was still confused, but remained in between the tractor and his sister until it hit him. Then nothing. It hit him and crumpled against his outstretched arms with a loud crash. Finally looking down at himself, he saw his skin was shiny and his hand prints were embedded in the front of the tractor.

His father, mother, and everyone else who saw came running over, trying to see if Illyana was okay, but also looking at Piotr. He'd crushed a tractor like it was cardboard, and now stood among them as a giant, easily six and a half feet talk. It didn't take a genius to realize he was a mutant, but instead of being shunned, he was praised as a hero. Even though he'd destroyed one of the few working tractors on the farm, his powers allowed him to do much more than a single tractor ever could. The young Rasputin enjoyed his new found popularity in the Collective, but it didn't last for long. Only a few weeks later, Charles Xavier showed up and offered him a place at the Institute, where he could learn to hone his powers. He joined the X-Men after coming to America, and has gone on many adventures with them. When the Sentinels came, he fought back valiantly, always putting himself on the front line as a walking tank. Eventually though they were overwhelmed, and he went into hiding. Still he made his presence known, fighting back with the resistance when they could. That is until the Sentinels discovered the chink in the Colossus' armor...compassion. They simply threatened to destroy a school full of children. He was captured within the hour. Now, as one of the strongest mutants in the world, Colossus is the main "work horse" for the Sentinels. Construction, demolition, etc... all on a scale and time table only a tireless, metal giant; someone like Colossus could accomplish. He is also one of the people in charge of the agriculture, as his life long dedication to farming has made him invaluable in that field. The job he hates most though is being a final boss; one of the champions of the arena. Beating him in the ring earns you lots of perks. But you have to beat him first, and that is not an easy task.

Powers: Organic Steel Transformation - Colossus is a mutant with the superhuman ability to convert the tissue of his entire body into an organic steel-like substance, becoming not only taller(7'6), but larger as well. This substance resembling steel is of unknown composition but appears to be analogous to osmium and to carbon steel; which explains why he's so damn heavy(He weighs a metric ton). He is able to transform into this armor-like state at will (the process is virtually instantaneous) and remain in that form until he decides to revert to normal. While in his armored form, he is tireless, needing no food, water, or sleep(although his mental state starts to suffer after a time) His physical attributes, strength, durability, speed, agility, etc... are all increased to monumental levels, making him the ultimate physical mutant. The sentinels make very sure his collar never malfunctions.

Non-Mutation-Related Abilities: Farmer, Painter, Martial Arts Practitioner, Good Cook

Alignment: Colossus has worked too hard and done too much in his life to simply roll over and die; especially considering he's already died once before. He will never give up on attempting to escape, however he is incredibly valuable so to the standard gaze it does indeed look like he's simply content with his lot in life.

majinmaster

I shall endeavour to have a similarly detailed "character sheet" up for quicksilver tomorrow.

Mathim

Awesome. I'll try to reach out to some more people to see if I can drum up more attendance, but if you've got any friends on here who you think would be interested, spread the word.

I don't know if I mentioned the division of labor, but it's basically a half dozen or so things depending on whether or not they are allowed to use their powers, or what type of power they do have.

Those with great strength and/or durability are mostly used for mining or demolition, and can typically be expected to engage in exhibition matches for the amusement of the Sentinels, while other mutants can watch and perhaps gamble on outcomes.

Those with projection-style abilities, such as Cyclops' lasers, telekinesis, or Storm's weather-control, are mostly used for energy production. Driving turbines to power the Sentinels' factories and batteries or just artificially providing electricity to their machines.

Those with tactical or skillful abilities would be used for construction of new facilities or modifying existing ones. I can't think of anyone with a specialty for this kind of thing except maybe Forge.

Anyone else, with no privilege to use their powers, would be relegated to agricultural duties, janitorial/custodial, medical and 'recreational'.

The ones who willfully oppress the others basically provide additional security for the Sentinels and surveillance. Anyone who catches a glimpse of Wolverine gets VERY highly rewarded, or so the Sentinels have 'promised'.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

majinmaster

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72906/4402265-qs4.jpg

Birth Name / Mutant Name: Pietrok Maximoff - Quicksilver
Sex and Player's Preferred Orientation: Male, Heterosexual
Personality: Fiercely loyal to his sister, Pietro is untrusting of everyone else thanks to his father, Magneto. He's slow to form relationships and will have no problem in abandoning people if he sees a chance for him and his sister to escape. This instinct to flee has been tempered in recent years through their work with the Avengers and the rise of the Sentinels. Pietro is not uncaring, he just considers everyone else secondary to his sister and feels that it is his job to keep her safe. 

Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch - Sister
Magneto - Father

History: Pietro and his twin sister, Wanda, were raised by Django and Marya Maximoff, a Roma couple. As adolescents Pietro and his sister Wanda discovered that they had peculiar talents. When Django began to steal food to feed his starving family, enraged villagers attacked the roma camp. Using his phenomenal speed, Pietro fled from the camp with his sister. Over the next few years, Wanda and Pietro wandered central Europe, living off the land. One day, Wanda accidentally caused a house to burst into flames with her uncontrollable hex powers and the pair was chased by superstitious townspeople. Despite Pietro's attempt to defend her, the twins were soon overpowered and were rescued by Magneto.

Over the years Quicksilver has been a member of a number of teams, most notably the Bortherhood of Mutants led by Mystique and the Avengers. Never truly able to settle or stay around anyone, apart from his sister, for any period of time Quicksilver has struggled to find himself a place in the world. When the sentinels attacked mutantkind his only thoughts were for his sister, focusing all his efforts to keep her safe. Using his speed and her hex powers they were able to dodge and fend off patrols. Eventually though they ran out of places to hide.

As the Sentinels closed the net they tried to fight back, using Pietro's speed to gather groups of survivors, forming a guerilla front. They knew they couldn't win but were determined not to go down without a fight. They managed to live a nomadic lifestlye for a while, hitting Sentinel outposts, factories etc where they could. it came to an end though when the sentinels sprang a trap. The group hit what they thought was another mining operation, in fact it was a ruse and sentinels pooured out. The mutants were quickly overwhelmed and subdued.

Pietro was the last to fall. His speed allowed him to evade the attentions of the Sentinels, their programming not capable of tracking his movements. had it been just him he would have been able to escape again. Unwilling to leave his sister though he stayed to fight. A fight that was ended when wanda was caught in a blast, her uncocious form tossed into the air. As he cradeled the form of his injured sister in his arms the sentinels surrounded him. He had nowhere to run.

The loss of his powers through the collars and separation from his sister have deeply affected him. Sullen and withdrawn he barely speaks to anyone, struggling to cope with moving at the same speed as the world around him. His thoughts are consumed with finding Wanda and escaping, his days filled with wandering the camp looking for her. it's a fruitless endeavour and he knows it. She's not here. She's one of the few mutants that the Sentinels would classify as extreme risk and thus would not be amongst the general populace.

Powers: Super speed - quicker reflexes, movements, thought processes the world seems as though it moves in slow motion. Recognising the immense flight risk and above average danger Quicksilver poses he is collared twice. Once is a band around his neck, standard to all mutants. The secound is a set of linked manacles on his legs. these act as both dampeners and prevent him from moving at anything faster than a walk.

Non-Mutation-Related Abilities: Wilderness survival skills.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral. Quicklsilver will do what he thinks is best for him and his sister.

Mathim

I like that while he's as quick as he is, his weaknesses can be exploited and his breaking point can be reached so that even he can't escape a situation indefinitely. I hope we can get a Wanda for this, too.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

majinmaster

A Wanda would be cool. In my head I'm taking him down an emotionally damaged route. I've always seen his desire to protect Wanda as a groundign for him. With his speed he could literally go anywhere and do anything, but he doesn;t because of her. without her to loo after and without his speed he has no idea who he is or what his purpose is. Add to that the emotional distress of the plight of the mutants and the life of the camps and I've seeing quite a sullen withdrawn speedster.

Mathim

I guess this was bad timing what with the Xavier Institute game already having been up for a while and not finished. Maybe we should hold off until more Marvel-type games die off before trying to get more recruits?

majinmaster

I think playing as the daughter of quicksilver might detract a little from my character idea. As much as I hate to say ti I would like him in a "lost everything" state. That and following along from the timeline the GM seems to be setting of a war against mutants I don't think there would have been time for quicksilver to have a daughter and then go through the phases of her backstory that result in her powers.

The other issue being that I'm assuming there will be sexual elements to the roleplay. If we get a Wanda and have the daughter of quicksilver he's going to be one very lonely man!

Ergh I feel crappy for writing that.

Doomsday

Ack.

I shouldn't be interested. Not because i'm not, but because I'm so busy and I just shouldn't... But I'm interested.

How's this for a concept: Illyana Rasputin, Magik, whose slave role is to act as Master Mold's teleporting chauffeur. I'd need help to figure out how the collar prevents her from just dumping Master Mold in Limbo forever or escaping, but it's something I've been thinking about ever since I read your pitch for this group.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Doomsday on August 25, 2016, 06:22:40 PM
Ack.

I shouldn't be interested. Not because i'm not, but because I'm so busy and I just shouldn't... But I'm interested.

How's this for a concept: Illyana Rasputin, Magik, whose slave role is to act as Master Mold's teleporting chauffeur. I'd need help to figure out how the collar prevents her from just dumping Master Mold in Limbo forever or escaping, but it's something I've been thinking about ever since I read your pitch for this group.

Maybe the collar has a GPS installed. When she's given a location, if the appearance of her portal doesn't match the latitude and longitude, she's given a powerful shock or something.

Mathim

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 25, 2016, 07:49:07 PM
Maybe the collar has a GPS installed. When she's given a location, if the appearance of her portal doesn't match the latitude and longitude, she's given a powerful shock or something.

Or there's a kill switch where if anything happens to Master Mold (who has a backup anyway, so simply destroying his form means he'll just have to wait for a new one to be constructed, thus making it futile anyway) then she also dies as do several of her close friends/relatives, so under thread, she'll be less likely to fuck with him. But Master Mold basically sees through the eyes of every Sentinel anyway and would rarely if ever need to be moved.

As for Quicksilver or any of the established characters having any children, they'd be 10 years old at most, so I don't think that would work so well.

El Maligno

Are you still taking up writers? I'd like to play as Gambit or Deadpool if they are open?

Doomsday

Quote from: Mathim on August 26, 2016, 09:35:33 PM
Or there's a kill switch where if anything happens to Master Mold (who has a backup anyway, so simply destroying his form means he'll just have to wait for a new one to be constructed, thus making it futile anyway) then she also dies as do several of her close friends/relatives, so under thread, she'll be less likely to fuck with him. But Master Mold basically sees through the eyes of every Sentinel anyway and would rarely if ever need to be moved.

Aww darn, thought that would be a unique role with a lot of sexy potential ::) Would Illyana still work in some capacity, and if so, any ideas? Maybe transporting other slaves to their assignments?

Mathim

Quote from: El Maligno on August 26, 2016, 09:53:32 PM
Are you still taking up writers? I'd like to play as Gambit or Deadpool if they are open?

Both of them are still open, just submit a profile and you get the claim.

Quote from: Doomsday on August 26, 2016, 10:22:19 PM
Aww darn, thought that would be a unique role with a lot of sexy potential ::) Would Illyana still work in some capacity, and if so, any ideas? Maybe transporting other slaves to their assignments?

Sure, she would work as a character just fine, it's just that the Sentinels would be a little too wary to put their leader in any danger, so she could be used for operations that would be more involved with transporting mutants than Sentinels, just so that if anything goes wrong, they're the ones getting hurt or dying instead of any of the Sentinels. But there would still be a kill switch so that if she did anything she wasn't supposed to, she'd suffer the loss of her loved ones as penalty. The mutants with really high value to the labor force (basically almost anyone not involved in menial labor) would have one of these to ensure their compliance.

El Maligno

Birth Name / Mutant Name:
Remy Etienne LeBeau AKA Gambit

Sex and Player's Preferred Orientation:
Heterosexual

Personality: Gambit is cunning, smart, charismatic and manipulative. Despite all this, he seems to have a good heart deep down and even a bit of a conscience despite being a thief. Gambit can be prone to sarcastic outbursts when annoyed or stressed out, making a good quip here and there. He sometimes would rather use his mouth to solve a problem out than his fists. Flirtatious or even romantic he has quite the silver tongue.

Jean-Luc LeBeau (Adopted Father), Rogue (Girlfriend/Co-parent), Charles Xavier (Father Figure)

History:

Remy Etienne LeBeau was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He was kidnapped from the hospital where he was born, then raised by the LeBeau Clan Thieves' Guild, and given to the Antiquary as a tribute. They referred to the child as "Le Diable Blanc", "the White Devil" and believed he was prophesied to unite the warring Thieves' and Assassins' Guilds. Soon after, Remy was placed in the care of Fagan's Mob, a gang of street thieves who raised the child and taught him the ways of thievery. After living as an orphan on the streets, a 10-year-old Remy attempted to pick the pocket of Jean-Luc LeBeau, then patriarch of the Thieves' Guild. Jean-Luc took the boy off the streets and adopted him into his own family. A few years would crawl by when his powers would manifest though he kept them a secret from his family, practicing away from prying eyes until he gained a sort of mastery over himself and his powers. Many misadventures and hard lessons later he would come to find himself kicked out of various groups and factions until he finally found a home with Charles Xavier and the X-men.

It was there that he would have the happiest years of his life, finding true friends and companions as well as an on again off again relationship with one of his teammates Rogue. It seemed that no matter the opponent, no matter the odds together they could always prevail if they had each other. And for a long time he was very happy. Until the day everything changed. Away on a mission he was far from home when he was informed that Xavier and the X-men were no more. The Sentinels hit hard and fast with no one group ready to actively fight them off. Banding together with a few renegade mutants Gambit was ready to fight. He was not sure who was left alive out of all his beloved comrades. He was unsure if...if Rogue made it out alive. His pain and grief fueled his rage as he helped lead small ambushes against the Sentinels but eventually one by one the group he joined fell under the sheer number of Sentinels and turn-coat mutants.

Collared and chained he was forced to use his powers to work in the mines or digging operations for the Sentinels. Being a portable, easily transported, and unlimited source of explosive power made him a useful tool for his captors to use. And he hated every second of it. The only thing that stopped him from doing something stupid was seeing Rogue in a crowd of mutants.

Deliriously happy as soon as he was shoved into the crowd he made his way towards Rogue and embraced her. Not yet aware that the collars dampened or deadened their powers he had expected to experience ultimate pain but instead only felt the warm and tight embrace of the woman who meant the world to him. It was at this time that he realized he could hold her, kiss her and hug her even. No more would they have to agonize over what would happen if they touched. However this became slightly darkened once she told him what her given job was. Try as he might there was no easy way to get over it and her job is still a source of agony for him. However their first night together to physically express to each other how they felt, (several times given all the years of pent-up sexual frustration not to mention the love between them) and the beautiful child as well as Rogue's attempts to reassure him that her heart is his just like his belongs to her. Still life caged up and in a place where you have to allow other people the honor (yes the honor) of being able to sleep with the woman you love is never going to be something he can swallow.

Always on the look out for a escape opportunity Gambit made sure to strike up a gambling relationship with various turn-coat mutants which he would occasionally whittle out information and even sometimes goods of varying degrees of value.

Powers:

Gambit is a mutant with the ability to convert the potential energy stored in an inanimate object into pure light kinetic energy, thus "charging" that item with highly explosive results.The time required to charge them is greatly reduced and they are much easier for him to throw. The only real limitation to this ability is the time required to charge the object the larger it is the more time it takes to charge. The power of his explosions is dependent on the mass of the object he is charging. For scale a charged playing card has the force and power of a grenade. Gambit's ability to tap kinetic energy also grants him incredible superhuman physical attributes (strength, speed, reflexes and reactions, agility, flexibility, dexterity, coordination, balance, and endurance), as his body constantly generates bio-kinetic energy and so is perfectly constructed for constant motion. This gives him an added edge that he has used to his advantage by developing a unique acrobatic fighting style. He also has the ability to create static, because of the charged potential energy always in his body, that shields his mind from detection and intrusion.

Non-Mutation-Related Abilities: Smooth talker (unusually strong and irresistible hypnotic charm), acrobatic, martial arts skills, lockpicking, slight of hand, skilled card player, pick pocket.

Alignment: Never one to tie himself down Gambit despises the collar limiting his abilities as well as feeling so trapped/caged within the camp he is forced to work in. He will seize the first opportunity he sees to take his freedom with his own two hands. He will NOT stay caged up. He is torn between his desire to free his family and Rogue's desire to stay as the collar allows her to hold her child without fear.

Doomsday

Quote from: Mathim on August 26, 2016, 10:50:59 PM
Sure, she would work as a character just fine, it's just that the Sentinels would be a little too wary to put their leader in any danger, so she could be used for operations that would be more involved with transporting mutants than Sentinels, just so that if anything goes wrong, they're the ones getting hurt or dying instead of any of the Sentinels. But there would still be a kill switch so that if she did anything she wasn't supposed to, she'd suffer the loss of her loved ones as penalty. The mutants with really high value to the labor force (basically almost anyone not involved in menial labor) would have one of these to ensure their compliance.

Awesome. I'll start a sheet. Out of curiosity, Illyana's powers can get kinda broken, in terms of being able to go anywhere at any point in time. Should we roll with that and say she's just forced into compliance through her collar and Piotr's, or did we wanna scale her back and say it's just space, not time?

Mathim

Quote from: El Maligno on August 26, 2016, 10:53:06 PM
Birth Name / Mutant Name:
Remy Etienne LeBeau AKA Gambit

Sex and Player's Preferred Orientation:
Heterosexual

Personality: Gambit is cunning, smart, charismatic and manipulative. Despite all this, he seems to have a good heart deep down and even a bit of a conscience despite being a thief. Gambit can be prone to sarcastic outbursts when annoyed or stressed out, making a good quip here and there. He sometimes would rather use his mouth to solve a problem out than his fists. Flirtatious or even romantic he has quite the silver tongue.

Jean-Luc LeBeau (Adopted Father), Rogue (Former Girlfriend), Charles Xavier (Father Figure)

History:

Remy Etienne LeBeau was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He was kidnapped from the hospital where he was born, then raised by the LeBeau Clan Thieves' Guild, and given to the Antiquary as a tribute. They referred to the child as "Le Diable Blanc", "the White Devil" and believed he was prophesied to unite the warring Thieves' and Assassins' Guilds. Soon after, Remy was placed in the care of Fagan's Mob, a gang of street thieves who raised the child and taught him the ways of thievery. After living as an orphan on the streets, a 10-year-old Remy attempted to pick the pocket of Jean-Luc LeBeau, then patriarch of the Thieves' Guild. Jean-Luc took the boy off the streets and adopted him into his own family. A few years would crawl by when his powers would manifest though he kept them a secret from his family, practicing away from prying eyes until he gained a sort of mastery over himself and his powers. Many misadventures and hard lessons later he would come to find himself kicked out of various groups and factions until he finally found a home with Charles Xavier and the X-men.

It was there that he would have the happiest years of his life, finding true friends and companions as well as an on again off again relationship with one of his teammates Rogue. It seemed that no matter the opponent, no matter the odds together they could always prevail if they had each other. And for a long time he was very happy. Until the day everything changed. Away on a mission he was far from home when he was informed that Xavier and the X-men were no more. The Sentinels hit hard and fast with no one group ready to actively fight them off. Banding together with a few renegade mutants Gambit was ready to fight. He was not sure who was left alive out of all his beloved comrades. He was unsure if...if Rogue made it out alive. His pain and grief fueled his rage as he helped lead small ambushes against the Sentinels but eventually one by one the group he joined fell under the sheer number of Sentinels and turn-coat mutants.

Collared and chained he was forced to use his powers to work in the mines or digging operations for the Sentinels. Being a portable, easily transported, and unlimited source of explosive power made him a useful tool for his captors to use. And he hated every second of it. Always on the look out for a escape opportunity Gambit made sure to strike up a gambling relationship with various turn-coat mutants which he would occasionally whittle out information and even sometimes goods of varying degrees of value.

Powers:

Gambit is a mutant with the ability to convert the potential energy stored in an inanimate object into pure light kinetic energy, thus "charging" that item with highly explosive results.The time required to charge them is greatly reduced and they are much easier for him to throw. The only real limitation to this ability is the time required to charge the object the larger it is the more time it takes to charge. The power of his explosions is dependent on the mass of the object he is charging. For scale a charged playing card has the force and power of a grenade. Gambit's ability to tap kinetic energy also grants him incredible superhuman physical attributes (strength, speed, reflexes and reactions, agility, flexibility, dexterity, coordination, balance, and endurance), as his body constantly generates bio-kinetic energy and so is perfectly constructed for constant motion. This gives him an added edge that he has used to his advantage by developing a unique acrobatic fighting style. He also has the ability to create static, because of the charged potential energy always in his body, that shields his mind from detection and intrusion.

Non-Mutation-Related Abilities: Smooth talker (unusually strong and irresistible hypnotic charm), acrobatic, martial arts skills, lockpicking, slight of hand, skilled card player.

Alignment: Never one to tie himself down Gambit despises the collar limiting his abilities as well as feeling so trapped/caged within the camp he is forced to work in. He will seize the first opportunity he sees to take his freedom with his own two hands. He will NOT stay caged up.

So we're keeping the story suitably tragic and not having him ever reunite with Rogue? Too bad he can't be the one that became her baby-daddy what with their history. Unless you want to change it up to make that fit in.

Quote from: Doomsday on August 26, 2016, 11:22:53 PM
Awesome. I'll start a sheet. Out of curiosity, Illyana's powers can get kinda broken, in terms of being able to go anywhere at any point in time. Should we roll with that and say she's just forced into compliance through her collar and Piotr's, or did we wanna scale her back and say it's just space, not time?

I think maybe some of the latest, most advanced collars can be made to limit powers by a certain scale, so that they can put a certain level of limit on her powers rather than just completely shutting them off or turning them back on full-blast. Not every mutant gets one, but the ones with powers that are valuable but potentially too powerful to let all the way off the leash would have one. But also, yes, she'll have that threat of her loved ones being killed for her misbehavior as an additional means of keeping her under control.

Doomsday

Sweet! About 1/4 done with the sheet so far. Sorry if I have any nagging questions, just wanna establish some things for her... Has Avengers vs X-Men occurred in this universe?

Doomsday

Illyana v1
Okay, here it is! I can adjust the history based on your answer to my AvX question, it won't affect too much at all, I have her being extremely limited even if she has her post-AvX boost.

Basics

Birth Name / Mutant Name: Illyana Nikolovna Rasputin, aka Magik, aka the Darkchilde

Sex and Player's Preferred Orientation: Cisgender Female, Bisexual, once preferred women and might have been exclusively homosexual, but the conditions in camp have forced her to adjust

Personality: Illyana lost her innocence, in several ways, as a child; Abducted into the demon realm of Limbo and coerced into being a demon sorcerer's apprentice, Illyana was tainted with evil. Her soul was bound to the persona of the Darkchilde, and living as an abused servant for seven years did nothing to foster any good in her. She has an incredibly dark sense of morbid humor and an aloofness that makes it difficult for her to create friends and allies. Illyana constantly struggles with good and evil, though when her friends or Piotr are endangered, she is drawn towards the light, and is more prone to act on her darkest impulses when working alone. She can be impulsive and quick to act emotionally, and tends to believe that the ends justify the means, no matter how much they cost her soul.

Any Family/Close Relations: Mikhail and Piotr "Colossus" Rasputin - Older Brothers

History: Illyana was born on a collective farm in the USSR, and at a very young age was witness to her brother's mutant transformation, as he saved her from a runaway tractor. After her brother was recruited to America by Charles Xavier, Illyana was not long to follow, abducted by the villain Arcade and allowed to stay in Westchester with her brother and the X-Men after her rescue.

At the age of 7, Illyana was abducted by the demon sorcerer, Belasco, and lived seven horrible years in his apprenticeship, where her soul was corrupted, an innocent young Russian girl with pigtails irreversibly replaced with a malevolent, brooding teenager. During this time she formed a strong bond with Ororo Munroe and Kitty Pryde, or at least alternate versions of them that had been trapped in Limbo for decades at that point. Ororo taught Illyana white magic, attempting to help the young, corrupted sorceress stay her evil, while Kitty, hardened emotionally and transformed by cruel magic into a literal, feral feline creature, taught her in a more hands-on manner, giving the girl survivalism and fighting skills.  Kitty and Storm were eventually killed by Belasco, but after Illyana's mutant abilities to teleport manifested, she learned the secret to destroy him without giving into her Darkchilde persona, and became the new ruler of Limbo. At that point, she returned to Earth with seven years of scars and darkness in her soul, whereas mere seconds ago, she had been the sweetest child.

Not long after this, Xavier formed the New Mutants, and Illyana became a reluctant part of that group, along with Sunspot, Karma, Cannonball and Mirage, their numbers eventually including Magma, Warlock and Cypher. Many things happened during this time; She was separated from her best friend, Kitty Pryde, when the older girl suffered a grievous wound at the hands of the Marauders and was sent to Muir Island to recover. Worse, her brother, Piotr, was also terribly injured and paralyzed in this attack. Magneto was given stewardship of the mansion by Xavier, and Illyana was arguably the only student that appreciated his alternative attitude and methods of teaching. Literal hell encapsulated New York City, and after a battle with S'ym, a demon that attempted to overthrow her rule of Limbo, she was reverted to childhood, before she had ever become the Darkchilde. She was sickened by the Legacy virus and died. Her body and mind were eventually returned to Earth... And after many struggles, she was even reunited with her soul. An X-Men by that point, Illyana was one of five mutants bestowed with the terrible power of the Phoenix as the X-Men battled against the Avengers for the future of their people, and after their defeat, was an outlaw for some time, working alongside Cyclops and his more militant group of X-Men.

Then, Illyana and all of mutantdom were embroiled in a war with the sentinels... And they lost. Master Mold, the sentient, ambitious leader of the Sentinels exterminated a large population of the human race, but found the mutants among those numbers more suitable for manual labor, perfecting its version of paradise. Illyana was exceptionally difficult to capture, considering her abilities, though she was apprehended in the end after years of guerrilla strikes against the Sentinels. For her part in the resistance, she was tortured extensively for some time, though they did not break her will before she was released into the new mutant 'workforce'.

Illyana was quicker to adjust to this new lifestyle... It was as desperate and dangerous as her time in Limbo, but this time, she had to consider her brother's safety, so she became quite a compliant slave of Master Mold and his Sentinels, serving as a fast traveler, moving laborers between jobs sites hundreds of miles apart in mere seconds. The collar affixed to her neck was exceptionally potent at enforcing her compliance; More than thirty seconds spent in Limbo, the in-between for her portals from one place on Earth to another, and she would be killed, or at least severely hurt. If the inner chronometer detected that she was out of time, meddling with the past or future, the pain would amplify up her spine, affecting her entire nervous system until she died or returned to her present. If her latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates were not within a certain range of where she was supposed to be, as determined by her Sentinel overseers... Every meter further from her objective would be torture.

Powers:
Stepping Discs: Illyana can create circular portals that allow her to teleport herself and many others to a dimension called Limbo. Simultaneously, she can then teleport from Limbo to any point in time and space. Before her possession by the Phoenix Force, Illyana's teleporting ability was much more limited in scope; Now, she could potentially travel through centuries and lightyears with the subtlest of effort, though these limits are extremely hampered by the collar.

Non-Mutation-Related Abilities:
Sorcery: Illyana mastered the magical arts as a child trapped in the hellish dimension of Limbo. These powers are not derivative of her mutant gene and can be used even if Illyana has been somehow depowered. Her magic is a mixture of black magic, taught to her by the demon Belasco, and white magic, taught to her by the Ororo Munroe of an alternate reality that had been trapped in Limbo for years. Any magic manifested against her collar would result in a stun that would incapacitate her.
Eldritch Armor: Illyana is considered a ruler of Limbo, and has thus inherited many powers belonging to that title. One of them is her armor; When she wields her Soulsword, is attacked or manifests her magics, Illyana's body forms a mystical armor that protects her from harm.
Psionic Shields: Illyana's mind is protected by powerful psychic wards that prevent even the most powerful telepaths from accessing her.
Soulsword: Along with her ability to manifest armor, Illyana is also the possessor of the Soulsword, a manifestation of her own life energy. It is highly disruptive and lethal to magical beings, but against mundane opponents it can, at most, non-lethally incapacitate.
The Darkchilde: Illyana is a woman that struggles with a duality of light and darkness, good and evil; The Darkchilde is a demonic manifestation of her evil. The Darkchilde historically has only formed in moments of great desperation or through manipulation by others who would seek to extort the powers of Darkchilde, whose magical abilities are exponentially more powerful than Illyana herself.

Alignment: Illyana is less resistant to the Sentinel dominance over Earth and mutantdom than others, for several reasons. First, after her capture, she was extensively tortured and interrogated for the locations of her fellow renegade mutants, and though this did not shatter her mind, she knows how foolish it could be to earn the wrath of the Master Mold. Second, Illyana is tainted with evil, the Darkchilde constantly wrestling with her better angels, and does not find her present dystopia as unsettling as some; Secretly, she finds comfort in the chaos. Thirdly and lastly, she is fiercely protective of her older brother, Piotr, and is easily cowed by any threats to his safety. They have lost each other so many times throughout the years that she can find happiness knowing he's alive, even if they suffer under the worst conditions.

Basics

Birth Name / Mutant Name: Illyana Nikolovna Rasputin, aka Magik, aka the Darkchilde

Sex and Player's Preferred Orientation: Cisgender Female, Bisexual, once preferred women and might have been exclusively homosexual, but the conditions in camp have forced her to adjust

Personality: Illyana lost her innocence, in several ways, as a child; Abducted into the demon realm of Limbo and coerced into being a demon sorcerer's apprentice, Illyana was tainted with evil. Her soul was bound to the persona of the Darkchilde, and living as an abused servant for seven years did nothing to foster any good in her. She has an incredibly dark sense of morbid humor and an aloofness that makes it difficult for her to create friends and allies. Illyana constantly struggles with good and evil, though when her friends or Piotr are endangered, she is drawn towards the light, and is more prone to act on her darkest impulses when working alone. She can be impulsive and quick to act emotionally, and tends to believe that the ends justify the means, no matter how much they cost her soul.

Any Family/Close Relations: Mikhail and Piotr "Colossus" Rasputin - Older Brothers

History: Illyana was born on a collective farm in the USSR, and at a very young age was witness to her brother's mutant transformation, as he saved her from a runaway tractor. After her brother was recruited to America by Charles Xavier, Illyana was not long to follow, abducted by the villain Arcade and allowed to stay in Westchester with her brother and the X-Men after her rescue.

At the age of 7, Illyana was abducted by the demon sorcerer, Belasco, and lived seven horrible years in his apprenticeship, where her soul was corrupted, an innocent young Russian girl with pigtails irreversibly replaced with a malevolent, brooding teenager. During this time she formed a strong bond with Ororo Munroe and Kitty Pryde, or at least alternate versions of them that had been trapped in Limbo for decades at that point. Ororo taught Illyana white magic, attempting to help the young, corrupted sorceress stay her evil, while Kitty, hardened emotionally and transformed by cruel magic into a literal, feral feline creature, taught her in a more hands-on manner, giving the girl survivalism and fighting skills.  Kitty and Storm were eventually killed by Belasco, but after Illyana's mutant abilities to teleport manifested, she learned the secret to destroy him without giving into her Darkchilde persona, and became the new ruler of Limbo. At that point, she returned to Earth with seven years of scars and darkness in her soul, whereas mere seconds ago, she had been the sweetest child.

Not long after this, Xavier formed the New Mutants, and Illyana became a reluctant part of that group, along with Sunspot, Karma, Cannonball and Mirage, their numbers eventually including Magma, Warlock and Cypher. Many things happened during this time; She was separated from her best friend, Kitty Pryde, when the older girl suffered a grievous wound at the hands of the Marauders and was sent to Muir Island to recover. Worse, her brother, Piotr, was also terribly injured and paralyzed in this attack. Magneto was given stewardship of the mansion by Xavier, and Illyana was arguably the only student that appreciated his alternative attitude and methods of teaching. Literal hell encapsulated New York City, and after a battle with S'ym, a demon that attempted to overthrow her rule of Limbo, she was reverted to childhood, before she had ever become the Darkchilde. She was sickened by the Legacy virus and died. Her body and mind were eventually returned to Earth... And after many struggles, she was even reunited with her soul.

Then, Illyana and all of mutantdom were embroiled in a war with the sentinels... And they lost. Master Mold, the sentient, ambitious leader of the Sentinels exterminated a large population of the human race, but found the mutants among those numbers more suitable for manual labor, perfecting its version of paradise. Illyana was exceptionally difficult to capture, considering her abilities, though she was apprehended in the end after years of guerrilla strikes against the Sentinels. For her part in the resistance, she was tortured extensively for some time, though they did not break her will before she was released into the new mutant 'workforce'.

Illyana was quicker to adjust to this new lifestyle... It was as desperate and dangerous as her time in Limbo, but this time, she had to consider her brother's safety, so she became quite a compliant slave of Master Mold and his Sentinels, serving as a fast traveler, moving laborers between jobs sites hundreds of miles apart in mere seconds. The collar affixed to her neck was exceptionally potent at enforcing her compliance; As soon as she portals into Limbo, she would be assaulted by intense pain and vertigo, forcing her quickly to her next destination, preventing her from harnessing Limbo for greater sorceries. If the inner chronometer detected that she was out of time, meddling with the past or future, the pain would amplify up her spine, affecting her entire nervous system until she died or returned to her present. If her latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates were not within a certain range of where she was supposed to be, as determined by her Sentinel overseers... Every meter further from her objective would be torture.

Powers:
Stepping Discs: Illyana can create circular portals that allow her to teleport herself and many others to a dimension called Limbo. Simultaneously, she can then teleport from Limbo to any point in time and space. Before her possession by the Phoenix Force, Illyana's teleporting ability was much more limited in scope; Now, she could potentially travel through centuries and lightyears with the subtlest of effort, though these limits are extremely hampered by the collar.

Non-Mutation-Related Abilities:
Sorcery: Illyana mastered the magical arts as a child trapped in the hellish dimension of Limbo. These powers are not derivative of her mutant gene and can be used even if Illyana has been somehow depowered. Her magic is a mixture of black magic, taught to her by the demon Belasco, and white magic, taught to her by the Ororo Munroe of an alternate reality that had been trapped in Limbo for years. Outside of Limbo, her magical powers are limited to simple cantrips; In Limbo, she is nearly as powerful as Dr. Strange, and thus her collar limits her time in that realm and will incapacitate her if any magic is used to tamper with the device.
Eldritch Armor: Illyana is considered a ruler of Limbo, and has thus inherited many powers belonging to that title. One of them is her armor; When she wields her Soulsword, is attacked or manifests her magics, Illyana's body forms a mystical armor that protects her from harm.
Psionic Shields: Illyana's mind is protected by powerful psychic wards that prevent even the most powerful telepaths from accessing her.
Soulsword: Along with her ability to manifest armor, Illyana is also the possessor of the Soulsword, a manifestation of her own life energy. It is highly disruptive and lethal to magical beings, but against mundane opponents it can, at most, non-lethally incapacitate.
The Darkchilde: Illyana is a woman that struggles with a duality of light and darkness, good and evil; The Darkchilde is a demonic manifestation of her evil. The Darkchilde historically has only formed in moments of great desperation or through manipulation by others who would seek to extort the powers of Darkchilde, whose magical abilities are exponentially more powerful than Illyana herself.

Alignment: Illyana is less resistant to the Sentinel dominance over Earth and mutantdom than others, for several reasons. First, after her capture, she was extensively tortured and interrogated for the locations of her fellow renegade mutants, and though this did not shatter her mind, she knows how foolish it could be to earn the wrath of the Master Mold. Second, Illyana is tainted with evil, the Darkchilde constantly wrestling with her better angels, and does not find her present dystopia as unsettling as some; Secretly, she finds comfort in the chaos. Thirdly and lastly, she is fiercely protective of her older brother, Piotr, and is easily cowed by any threats to his safety. They have lost each other so many times throughout the years that she can find happiness knowing he's alive, even if they suffer under the worst conditions.

El Maligno

Quote from: Mathim on August 26, 2016, 11:50:51 PM
So we're keeping the story suitably tragic and not having him ever reunite with Rogue? Too bad he can't be the one that became her baby-daddy what with their history. Unless you want to change it up to make that fit in.

I think maybe some of the latest, most advanced collars can be made to limit powers by a certain scale, so that they can put a certain level of limit on her powers rather than just completely shutting them off or turning them back on full-blast. Not every mutant gets one, but the ones with powers that are valuable but potentially too powerful to let all the way off the leash would have one. But also, yes, she'll have that threat of her loved ones being killed for her misbehavior as an additional means of keeping her under control.

I simply did not want to force elven's hand and wad going to pm her if i got accepted. I left it up in the air if they ever met up again and I was going to see what she'd think or like to have happened between the two characters.

Mathim

Quote from: Doomsday on August 27, 2016, 12:19:06 AM
Sweet! About 1/4 done with the sheet so far. Sorry if I have any nagging questions, just wanna establish some things for her... Has Avengers vs X-Men occurred in this universe?

This should be a primarily X-Men-centric universe, kind of like how Fox's movie universe is playing it. Also I'd like to ask that Ilyana's magic be downplayed somewhat, as if what she learned is forsaking her because of what is happening to the mutant populace and maybe no longer considers her worthy of wielding it, leaving her with either very limited sorcery or none at all. If the collars can't affect it, it makes the thing pointless. They'd be more likely to keep her in a medically-induced coma or something to keep her out of trouble if that was the case.

VoluptuousVixen

[
Basics
Character name: Katherine Anne *Kitty* Pryde
Alias: Shadowcat
Orientation: Heterosexual
Height:Five Five
Weight: 103 pounds
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Hazel
Hometown/Place of birth: NYC

More Personal
Family: (Mother) Theresa Pryde: (Father) Carmen Pryde: (Ex Boyfriend) Piotr Rasputin: (Best Friend) Illyana Rasputin:
(Mentor) James Logan Howlett: (*Big Sister*) Ororo Munero: (*Big Brother*) Kurt Wagner: (Ex Boyfriend) Peter Wisdom:

Personality: Kitty is a very passionate young woman. She is passionate about the arts and can talk about old movies and old records for hours on end. She has sort of a hipster fashion sense. Kitty was brought up a traditional Jewish girl and wears her star of David around her neck to remember her heritage. She is close to both her parents and  adores them both. Kitty is very politically towards the left, she is very liberal and open minded and hates intolerance of any kind. She is afraid of her abilities but is learning to embrace them. Kitty would always run into a burning building to save someone she has a need to help others no matter the risk to herself. Kitty is very flirty and fun and finds she can talk to anyone. She however can be self deprecating at times and sometimes a little too headstrong for her own good. She is not a morning person and can be grumpy until she wakes up.   

Hobbies:  The Theatre, the Cinema, Ballet, Swimming, Music, Reading, making new friends.
History:
Katherine Anne "Kitty" Pryde was born in Deerfield, Illinois, to Carmen and Theresa Pryde. Of Jewish descent, her paternal grandfather, Samuel Prydeman, was held in a Nazi concentration camp during World War II. Kitty started to have headaches at age thirteen, signaling the emergence of her mutant powers. She started phaseing through her parents house and at school and become very scared indeed. She was approached by both the X-Men's Charles Xavier and the Hellfire Club's White Queen, Emma Frost, both of whom hoped to recruit her for their respective causes. Kitty was unnerved by Frost, observing that the White Queen looked at her as if she were "something good to eat." She got along better with Xavier and the three X-Men who escorted him, quickly becoming friends with Ororo Munroe. Ororo told Kitty who she really was and about the X-Men, which made the teenager even more enthusiastic about attending Xavier's school. Kitty has been enjoying getting to know her fellow students at Xaviers and has been training herself up to be a future X-man. She still goes home every other weekend to visit her parents who she is very close with.

Kitty soon became best friends with Illyanya Rasputin who has been teaching her Russian since becoming buddy's...Kitty did have a crush on Illyanyas older brother which made things awkward for awhile. Kitty first knew Illyanya as a small girl but after her experience in limbo Illyanya was aged up which kitty is still getting her head around. Kitty has become close with Storm who she sees as the big sister she never had. With Wolverine who is like a second farther to her who has also been training her up in the art of martial arts. Kitty has adapted to combat training rather well even though she is not a violent person. Kitty developed a crush on Colossus but given their age difference a romantic relationship didn't really seem appropriate. But he still holds a special place in her heart. Kitty also become close with Nightcralwer and often discussed religion with him as well as other shared loves such as pirate films.

Kitty was recently kidnapped by the Morlock Caliban and brought down to their underground lair to be his wife. Luckily the X-men were able to save Kitty before a illegal marriage ceremony was performed. Although mad at first Kitty has since started to donate her time to taking food and provisions for the Morlock community as well as trying to convince them they would be welcomed at Xaviers school for the gifted. Kitty hopes one day the Morlocks will feel they will be bale to come out into the son.

As Kitty got older she and Colossus dated but ultimately he broke her heart when he fell in love with another woman. Kitty went off to study in Europe and ended up joining the English based X-men team Excalibur along with Nightcralwer. She eventually dated Pete Wisdom (who she lost her virginity to) but he too broke her heart when he choose his secret's as a secret agent over her. Kitty re-joined the X-men along with Colossus and Nightcralwer. Not long after the war started where Kitty was completely committed to fighting for Xaviers dream. 

Mutations and Powers
Classification: Beta

Type of mutant: Generation Skip (Fathers Side)

Powers:  Kitty is a mutant with the ability to pass through solid matter by passing her atomic particles through the spaces between the atoms of the object through which she is moving. In this way she and the object through which she is passing can temporarily merge without interacting, and each is unharmed when Shadowcat has finished passing through the object. This process is called "phasing" or quantum tunneling and it renders her almost completely intangible to physical touch. Shadowcat passes through objects at the same speed at which she is moving before she enters them. Since she is unable to breathe while inside an object, she can only continuously phase through solid objects (as when she travels underground) as long as she can hold her breath. However, contrary depictions of the duration of her phasing ability have been presented, such as when she has phased miles within an object. The use of her abilities also interferes with any electrical systems as she passes through by disrupting the flow of electrons from atom to atom, including the bio-electric systems of living bodies if she concentrates in the right way. This typically causes machines to malfunction or be destroyed as she phases through them, and can induce shock and unconsciousness in living beings.

Abilities: She is a talented dancer and gymnast, Kitty is good with computers and Academic, she can also speak and read Hebrew. She has also been trained by Wolverine in the art of combat, she is skilled fighting with swords and daggers.

Abilities: Kitty has been navigating herself underground as best she can. Trying to help as many defenceless mutants and save them from the ternary of the Sentinels.

Doomsday

Quote from: Mathim on August 27, 2016, 09:10:45 AM
This should be a primarily X-Men-centric universe, kind of like how Fox's movie universe is playing it. Also I'd like to ask that Ilyana's magic be downplayed somewhat, as if what she learned is forsaking her because of what is happening to the mutant populace and maybe no longer considers her worthy of wielding it, leaving her with either very limited sorcery or none at all. If the collars can't affect it, it makes the thing pointless. They'd be more likely to keep her in a medically-induced coma or something to keep her out of trouble if that was the case.

No problem, I removed the bit about AvX, it didn't matter in the grand scheme of her sheet anyways, even if it's a cool story.

So it wasn't clarified in my sheet, but Illyana's magic is only powerful when she's in Limbo; When she's on Earth, she's extremely limited, basically to the level of only casting cantrips. Is this a good enough restriction of her magic? I've also added a couple safeguards to her collar; It'll KO her if any magic tampers with it, and as soon as she steps into Limbo through a stepping disc, she begins to feel amplifying pain and vertigo, which would prevent her from spending any considerable time there, and from attempting to cast any more powerful magic. I've edited the sheet above, if you'd like to check it again.

Mathim

Quote from: Doomsday on August 27, 2016, 02:39:36 PM
No problem, I removed the bit about AvX, it didn't matter in the grand scheme of her sheet anyways, even if it's a cool story.

So it wasn't clarified in my sheet, but Illyana's magic is only powerful when she's in Limbo; When she's on Earth, she's extremely limited, basically to the level of only casting cantrips. Is this a good enough restriction of her magic? I've also added a couple safeguards to her collar; It'll KO her if any magic tampers with it, and as soon as she steps into Limbo through a stepping disc, she begins to feel amplifying pain and vertigo, which would prevent her from spending any considerable time there, and from attempting to cast any more powerful magic. I've edited the sheet above, if you'd like to check it again.

Those sound like reasonable restrictions. Also if it's still got the kill switch so that completely removing it (as opposed to just attempting to tamper with it) would cause, in her unique case, a massive explosion that would likely eliminate her, but also trigger an execution response in the collars of anyone she cares about, that would be a final safeguard they would employ on her.