Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

Jake woke up, still feeling slightly groggy from the effects of his mission the day before. He had been working at the Agency for five years and he'd still not got used to the effects of time travel. He slowly got out of bed, throwing a clean pair of clothes on. He was a tall, well-built man in his mid-twenties, with short dark brown hair, green eyes and a scar over his right eye. The only other remarkable feature of his body was a strange device attached to his wrist, an item all time agents carried as standard. He headed downstairs making himself a coffee and preparing his breakfast. He heard the familiar thump as his daily newspaper hit the door. Leaving his breakfast for a moment he made his way to the door, almost absent-mindedly picking the newspaper up but freezing when he saw the headline in front of him.

"PRESIDENT TELLS CONGRESS: WAR IN EUROPE PROCEEDING AS PLANNED"

'That couldn't be right,' he thought to himself. They'd only been having talks about NATO the day before, how could the war have started so quickly? Without even stopping to worry if anyone was watching he tapped a set of buttons on his wrist device.

"This is Agent Smithers to Time Agency Central Command," he said into the device he had raised towards his mouth. "I have reason to believe a temporal fracture has occured, has anyone discovered its source yet?" He was met by deathly silence, but that wasn't his biggest concern. The Agency had a unique frequency the devices had been designed to detect, yet his device seemed unable to detect it at that moment. Something was going very wrong but he couldn't figure out what.

Lady Temptress

Hannah steps outside to get the morning paper  and the girl is dressed in her silk gray satin robe with matching satin pajamas. Hannah had awakened from a peaceful slumber only ten minutes before and she never bothers to change from her sleepwear to street clothes just to go out and get the paper. But after she leans down picking it up, Hannah over hears Jake's conversation and she almost drops the paper. " Has Jake lost his mind? " she asks herself and she calls out to him nervously. "Um, morning Jake."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"This is Agent Smithers to any agent who can hear this, please respond," he said into the device, his panic increasing as the device remained silent. He wasn't sure he'd ever been trained to deal with this kind of scenario. He suddenly heard her greeting and sighed, realising he had been too busy to check if he had an audience. "How much of that did you just hear?" he asked, turning around, not bothering to hide the device on his arm even though he knew he'd never told his fiancee about his job. "There's probably no point in me lying right about now is there?"

Lady Temptress

Hannah gulps and she is clinching the newspaper tightly and nervously in her right hand. Her eyes lock onto Jake's and she may as well tell the truth. She doesn't know for sure if he is dangerous or not. " Eh, sorry. I heard everything. What's going on? " she asks curiously and wondering what the hell she has just walked into. " You were so loud, it was hard not to hear you."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Come inside and I'll explain...or try to anyway," he said. "Besides, I need to check a couple of things before I explain cos I'm hoping I'm just very wrong." He headed inside, leaving the door open so she could follow and heading into the kitchen, ignoring his burnt breakfast as he switched the TV on.

"And now for a statement from the President," said the newsreader who appeared on the screen.

"Okay, its worse than I thought," he said as the President appeared on the screen. "That man can't be President. I should know, I delivered him to a high security prison last night, there's no way he could be running the country this quickly unless...oh no..."

Lady Temptress

Hannah blinks a few times and she isn't actually dressed properly, but she shrugs her shoulders while dropping the newspaper in the ground. " Alright, let me get my keys and lock up." she went inside and grabs her purse on the table by the door, pulling her keys out she shuts and then locks door. " Okay, I'm coming." she wanders inside his house behind him and she smells the ordor of burtn food that causes her nose to wriinkle up.  Hannah leans afainst the kitchen counter and she watches Jake curiously, nervously. " okay Jake, mind telling me what the hell is going on?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I'll probably get fired for telling you this but I kinda don't have a choice here. I'm a member of the Time Agency, a CIA-run outfit intended to protect the timeline from what we called temporal fractures. In layspeak basically some idiot with a time machine altering history. This," he said, pointing to the device on his wrist, "doubles as a personal time-travel device and a way of communicating with the Agency. Problem is there's clearly been a major change to the timeline and the Agency isn't answering, and neither are any other agents."

Lady Temptress

Hannah sat there curiously and she is very intrigued, yet confused.  Is Jake insane? Or is he speaking the truth? " CIA?   Agent's? What happen's now that I know and how long have you been there?"  she sits there in amasement and she isn't sure what to say or do. " Are we in danger?"
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't know," he replied. "But with a fracture like this, the Agency not responding and a convicted criminal running the country we need to figure out what's happening pretty quickly." He fell silent for a moment, thinking on his next move. "We need to go visit Agency HQ, if we're in luck there's someone there who can fill us in on what's happening. I mean...you don't have to come, its up to you."

Lady Temptress

" Are you kidding? And pass up an intrigue like this? Plus, I am probably nit safe here alone either. I will come with you. I need to um change cllothes. When do we leave?" she is smiling shyly and nervously as she stands. " Meet here in ten? I can change really quick."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Sure," he replied. "I need to work out what's going on and get ready to go," he said. "I'd probably pack some food, I don't know when we'll be back here again if this is a serious disaster. We may be sorting this out for a while. If you don't mind I need to go have a shower before we get going."

Lady Temptress

" Alright, I will meet you here in 30 minutes. We can get ready and I'l pack us up food neccessities and call my boss and take my 3 week vacation a few days early. See you here in 30 minutes." she went home do take care of things and then Hannah brought a few bags of food and water bottles, coffee bags, etc, then she has another bag for clothes. Next she had called work and got the ok for early leave, Hannah locks up the house and her neighbor's will watch it for her etc. She returns to Jake's and knocks at the door, wirh 2 bags at her feet. She is in jeans, T shirt and jacketl
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Hey, you look...nice," he said, blushing slightly as he opened the door to let her in. He walked back into the kitchen where he had been eating breakfast. He was wearing a leather jacket and a pair of denim jeans, his hair looking much more organised than it had earlier in the day. He had a bag packed with a few clothes and whatever else he thought they needed. On the table was a wedding invite, marked 'You are invited to the wedding of Hannah and Jake'. He hadn't intended to leave it out, but he realised he'd have to mention it eventually, especially with an engagement ring on his finger.

Lady Temptress

shades of crimson red form upon her cheeks at his compliment and she smiles shyly. " Thank you. So do you." she caught sight of his ring and she hadn't noticed it before. " Your girl won't mind me going with you?" then Hannah happen to look down at the tablle and her eyes went wide at the invitation with their names on it. " Um, yeahJake? Eh,. Why does this have our names on it?" she picks up the invitation with a shaky right hand, holding it out for Jake to see it.                 
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"We are..." he paused, realising slowly what was going on. "We were engaged. Something's happened so that apparentely you don't remember us even being together. I suppose it could be worse, at least you haven't forgotten who I am entirely. But it doesn't make sense, why do I remember it and you don't? Guess we'll have to ask the Agency, this is definitely one lesson I must've missed during training. You ready to go?" he asked, picking up the bag.

Lady Temptress

Boy, talk about totally confusing someone, yep, that is exactly what he just did to Hannah. She is absolutely speechless. " Engaged? But I don't have a ring and...why do we live next door .. Eh, yeah. I 'm ready." why can't she remember? " We have to take your car. Mine is in the shop. I don't know why." she shrugs and grabs the bags as they leave out of Jake's house to his car.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

He made sure he holstered his pistol before walking out to the swish black BMW parked outside his house. He unlocked it with the car door, jumping into the front seat. Built into the dashboard was a fancy computer, beyond anything even the most hi-tech car had. "This is like a laptop crossed with a GPS system," he said, patting the folded down computer screen. "We need it, Time Agency HQ doesn't exist on any map you can buy at a tourist shop, you won't find standard GPS systems which can get you there. Maybe it can give us a few clues about what's going on too."

Lady Temptress

she archers her brows at Jake's gun. " You have a gun too? Did I have one?" Hannah got in his car, shutting and locking the door then she buckles up as she listens intently to Jake. " I hooe it help's us. How long have we been together?" she asks as she tilts her head so she can look him in the eyes.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Three years," he said as he started the car and set off. "I went on a mission to deal with some small time crook trying to steal a diamond from a security van. Stopped him but in the process I got shot in the leg. The nurse who treated me when I got back was you, and...well, the rest is history." He had a sudden thought, opening the computer screen and breathing a sigh of relief as the computer worked. "Computer, if the Agency has been...compromised, why does your technology still exist and why do I still remember it?"

"Time Agency technology has a built-in failsafe, in case of an omega-level time fracture," the computer replied. "If the Agency is compromised certain technology is designed to survive all but an ELE-level event. Your wrist device, when you are wearing it, contains a time bubble. Unless the fracture directly effects you your memory of the original timeline remains intact."

Lady Temptress

" That explains a lot, but how did my memory get erased and why jake? I guess that's why I don't have that device. Does the computer know why and who did this to us and how to fix it?" she has so many thoughts running in her mind and so many question's. She tries to lighten the mood up a bit with a semi non yet semi serious question. " Um.. Eh, have we has sex?" a giggle is heard and her cheeks are now as red as an apple.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Uh, yeah we did," he said, turning bright red and turning back to the computer to distract himself. "Computer, do you know what caused this?"

"Negative," the computer replied. "The records have been compromised. I am unable to trace the source or cause of the fracture or access Agency records to find an explanation."

Lady Temptress

Hannah blushes as brightly as Jake and she is glad that he changed the subject quickly. " Oh great. Why would they erase that? This is crap! Fucking with people's lives and mind's. When and if we find out who did it and why, I want to kick their stupid asses!" she is sighing and twirling a few locks of hair nervously.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Its not been erased," Jake replied. "It has so many backup systems the only way to remove it would be to wipe out the system in one go. No-one can do that." They seemed to drive for ages, eventually finding themselves in the middle of the Nevada desert, Jake looked out before turning to the computer. "Are you sure these are the right co-ordinates for Agency HQ?"

"Affirmative," the computer replied.

"Well then we have a bigger problem than I thought," Jake said as he climbed out of the car to face an expanse of empty desert laid out in front of them. "This isn't just like someone destroyed the Agency...its like the Agency was never here in the first place."

Lady Temptress

" I see and it looks like they don't want you to find them and they seem to be playing games, maybe they want to drive you insane Jake, along with me.so, where to now?" she had left the food duffle bag in the front seat with her at the floor board of her seat and she reaches down to unzip it and Hannah pulls out two bottles of water. Next she hands a bottle to Jake and opens the other one for herself as she takes a few sips and then puts the cap lid back on the bottle.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Computer, there must be another option," Jake said. "Otherwise you and the wrist device would be wiped out."

"There is another failsafe," the computer replied. "It was created without the knowledge of the majority of the Agency. There is a phone in the glove compartment of your car installed with only one number. It is for something called Project Unicorn, tell them there is a suspected Omega-1 level time fracture and they will tell you what to do."

"Well, I guess we don't have a lot of other options," Jake said. "I'd better phone this in private, I'll be back in a second," he said, taking the phone from the car and walking far enough away that she couldn't hear him.