How long is too long to wait?

Started by Galactic Druid, June 01, 2012, 11:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

So I made a small group game with some friends as practice for some of the bigger games I've dreamed up. Everything was going great until one of us disappeared. No warning, no A/A, just went from 2-3 posts/day to nothing. It's been a couple of days and my players (and myself) are getting just slightly anxious to get the plot moving again.

How long do you guys usually wait on a player before moving things along? I feel bad about skipping her in case she comes back, but I don't want everyone else waiting so long they lose interest.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

JDrew Spider

I'd say two weeks.  Did you send her a pm?
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

stormkitten

In groups I have been in, 3-5 days... Usually before we start, the GM asks for us to designate someone to play our character or allow the GM to move the character in the event that RL happens.
"I thought of a wonderful present for you. Shall I give you despair?"

~Twisted Romance & Dark Tales~
*Extreme: Pregnancy & Breeding* 
ONS and OFFS

HockeyGod

I've found when a group game starts the posting is often multiple times in a day. It slows down eventually and the game gets into a routine.

Galactic Druid

Well, I'm really glad I gave said player just one more day. She's back, and the game is back on! Hooray!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

LunarSage

Communication is always key.  I tell my players that if one of them is going to be absent to let us know instead of just disappearing.  Games have died due to players just vanishing.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫