Exalted in Modern Times!

Started by Incognito, December 06, 2007, 12:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incognito

I’ve seen the topic brought up a few times, at least in my old gaming group and truth be told it’s an idea that I’ve always wanted to play through.  Unfortunately I’m not that good of a story teller otherwise I might give it a shot myself.  This actually bares a striking resemblance to my first game request, but I’ve got a bit more of an idea about what I’m searching for.

I want to play a Highschool student who inherits one of the reemerging exalted essences (More then likely Solar or Sidereal).  Since creation is essentially earth before it became the world that it is today, this shouldn’t be to hard.  The reason people are exalting again is up to the ST, but I was thinking that perhaps the Deathlords are making one final attempt to bring about Oblivion, and the slumbering essences have reawakened to assist mankind in their fight against their enemies.  Though, it could be any calamity that the ST sees fit.

I’d like to explore the dual life of being an epic hero, and your average every day Joe.
Humanoid Tactical Weapons are sexy...

Dingo

How about Scion then ?

The idea of Exalted: Modern is interesting, but very hard to implement into this world. The entire Celestial Bureaucracy is part of the reason why things are what they are. And changing that to our world is very difficult.

Oh, if someone wants to run this, count me in... the idea is quite interesting.

Incognito

While I like Exalted I've never been particularly fond of scion,  they use almost the same system...  but I guess I just don't like the premise.  The Celestial Bureaucracy is a bit of a sticking point,  but one could assume that they've either continued functioning as is behind the scenes  or have gone into complete disrepair letting things go wild.

Dingo

Actually I have one version of Earth that could work for an Exalted game, but it's a very dark version of the game.

I wouldn't mind running a one-on-one.

The basic premise is quite simple. The 2nd round was won by the Solars who, with all their Celestial might took revenge on all other Exalts. They changed the world into how we know it today and became the gods of old.

Except all was not well in the world, as the other Exalted, as well as those twisted by the Yozis meddled too.

The short version is. Someone destroyed Lytek's cabinet, and someone else persuaded the Maiden of Endings to put a normal lifespan on the Exalted.

This makes the essence return to the new Exalt with all previous memories, usually causing complete insanity in the new "host". A secret organisation hunts down these crazy ones, and it consists mostly of those who aren't entirely crazy.

Ruleswise, the Exalted lean towards being anachronistic, have multiple personalities each screaming for attention, and increase in power much faster. But they die at the end of a mortal lifetime. And that's if they don't get killed by their scores of enemies.

Serenity Vixen

Scion sounds interesting... I would not mind playing the Scion of Bastet :)

as to Exalted, I have been in a few experimental modern exalt games, and though as a player I enjoyed them, the ST's never seem to and they did not last long unfortunately
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Dingo

Ooh, do you mind being recruited as a Scion of Bastet ???

I've got just the idea for that *G*

Incognito

That sounds amusing,  not exactly what I was looking for but I'd be willing to give it a shot.   So,  thank you very much.

I'd still be looking for a group game with a slightly more upbeat storyline though,  if any other STs out there wanted to give it a shot.

Dingo

The thing is, I won't have a very high posting rate again untill the beginning of next year, so if you want to let this wait over the holidays....

After the holidays if you still have no game Incognito, I could run this for you.

Vixen, my offer for a Scion game has the same conditions.

Incognito

I guess I could wait a little,  though nothing stopping me from playing in more then one Exalted game with a similiar setting.  It is my favorite RPG.

Serenity Vixen

I would love to try the game you mentioned, Bastet fits me to a T. Just give me a PM when you have time, I am sure we can work out something :)
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

HairyHeretic

I'd be up for either Exalted or Scion, if you're looking for a group game. Scion of one of the Aesir most likely.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Serenity Vixen

Dingo

My personal favorite is a mix of groups and one-on-ones.

Basically I allow every character to move about on their own, and when paths of characters cross, one gets a group. It does require a bit more timekeeping, but it results in wonderful games.

The format doesn't work very well to tabletop, but everywhere else it works reasonably well.

Serenity Vixen

That sounds awesome. Some of my games now we play as a group, but if the GM and I happen to be bored at the same time, we play side adventures. Sort of the opposite of the way you play. I think I would like to play in a game you run Dingo :)

ZK

Oooh, well, they do have current rules for Exalted: Modern as an AU setting. But, I want to play Scion. I haven't even touched my Hero book aside from reading it.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Serenity Vixen

Awesome, another girl to play!!!

*HUGS Z.K.*  I am there for sure now :)

Incognito

Where could I find the rules for Exalted: Modern?

ZK

You'd have to look for it on the Exalted Wiki. It's suppose to be there unless they took it down.

*hugs SV* Hehe, didn't want to be the only female in the game? :)

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Serenity Vixen

Nah, I like having other girls around :)
Not that I have anything against guys mind you :)

I would have played anyway because I think this game idea seems awesome, but I am really glad you want to play too :)

ZK

I endorse fellow female gamers. :) Being one through and through. ^.^

Brandon

A modern Exalted game sounds interesting as well as a Scion game. Consider me definatly for Scion if that gets going but I have to warn you I tried to start up a Scion game several months ago and many of the interested players just couldnt seem to give me a character concept so the game never went anywhere. However, if you start up the modern exalted game, I think Ild want to hear more before commiting myself
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play