Ilvermorny (Seeking Co-GM and more Staff!)

Started by lux89, August 23, 2018, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timeless

Oh geez, you guys are making all these younglings while I was thinking to make mine a fifth year.

Your characters are going to make mine feel old! :P

Bibliophilia

-giggles.-  I'm always up for discussion!

Madam Striga

Quote from: Timeless on August 28, 2018, 09:13:24 AM
Oh geez, you guys are making all these younglings while I was thinking to make mine a fifth year.

Your characters are going to make mine feel old! :P

Perfect

Crash

Timeless - I was thinking of making a 5th year too.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Bibliophilia

My guy's in the middle!  -snicker.-  Besides, the prefects need someone to boss.

Mellific

Quote from: Crash on August 28, 2018, 09:10:56 AM
I would like to claim Paige Hathaway.  She should make a rather unique witch.  >:)

Sure, I will get her added on the roster for you.  :-)

O/O | A/A | MM

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

TurtleInTheSheets

Sent my First Year Application in . Do give me feedback if I did anything wrongly
[acronym=Turtle's Doodles and Other Stuff (SFW)][/acronym]
[acronym=Turtle's StoryTelling Cafe][/acronym]
[Acronym=On and Offs][/acronym][acronym=When There's Nothing Hard Under The Sheets (Updated 09/09/2018)][/acronym][acronym=Turtles reserves the rights to change posting rate without prior approval][/acronym]
||  Drawn by TurtleInTheSheets  || 

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Mellific

We have a few sheets to look through today, but I am hoping to get back to everyone before the day is done.  :-)

O/O | A/A | MM

Crash

Going to try to submit my second character today.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Josietta

I'm gonna make my girl a 3rd year serpent and my boy a 5th year wampus.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Crash

Making a 5th year Wampus girl. 

Familiars still owl, rat, cat? 

Mellific

Quote from: Crash on August 28, 2018, 02:05:06 PM
Making a 5th year Wampus girl. 

Familiars still owl, rat, cat?

Yep, and toads too. As far as I know, familiars are still the same.  :3

O/O | A/A | MM

Crash

lux89

Quote from: Mellific on August 28, 2018, 08:11:40 AMI'm not sure when the change in age of acceptance occurred (have asked Lux so hopefully will get back to you on that soon) but you're correct in that the character years are between a first year and a seventh year. First years - 17/18 years old, Second years - 18/19 years old, Third years - 19/20 years old, Fourth years - 20/21 years old, Fifth years - 21/22, Sixth years - 22/23, Seventh years - 23/24.  :-)

^ This! The change in age acceptance took place 1990. So, as it is 2018, first years should have been born 2000/2001~ish.

First Years - Age 17-18, Birth Year 2000-2001
Second Years - Age 18-19, Birth Year 1999-2000
Third Years - Age 19-20, Birth Year 1998-1999
Fourth Years - Age 20-21, Birth Year 1997-1998
Fifth Years - Age 21-22, Birth Year 1996-1997
Sixth Years - Age 22-23, Birth Year 1995-1996
Seventh Years - Age 23-24, Birth Year 1994-1995

Loving all your characters so far, really inspired hmmm!

Bibliophilia

There, both my Pukwudgie and Wampus are up.

Crash

If my 5th year is approved she is also a Wampus beater!

And I adore you puckwudgie.

Bibliophilia

-giggles.-  Yay, a Quidditch mate!

Mallory is going to be fun to play.  I just hope I don't offend anyone with my Google translated French.  When she gets excited she tends to pepper her speech with her native tongue.

Crash

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 28, 2018, 06:04:22 PM
-giggles.-  Yay, a Quidditch mate!

Mallory is going to be fun to play.  I just hope I don't offend anyone with my Google translated French.  When she gets excited she tends to pepper her speech with her native tongue.

I don’t speak it so you won’t offend me. :)

Mellific

Thanks everyone for your patience while we sort through the sheets!

Also, just noting this here so it's known:

Reserving the following face claims for myself - Taylor Swift, Lucy Hale and Daniel Bederov.

O/O | A/A | MM

Crash

I have two young witches that are in need of friends, enemies, old girlfriends and potential love interests (I say potential because I like to let things progress in game).  Hope to see and plot with you soon!

Emily Lee

〚Introductory Information〛

Full Name: Emily Lee
Birth Date: May 12, 2000
Sexuality: Lesbian
Blood Status: Half-blood
Birthplace: San Jose, California
Year: Second Year
House: Thunderbird
Wand Length | Wood | Core: 12-1/8” Aspen with a Unicorn Tail Core
Patronus: True Fox (When it finally happens)
Apparation License: Yes

〚Personal Information〛

Notable Features: Not really

General Appearance: Emily has curves that defy description and other girls would absolutely kill for.  In truth Emily really developed over the summer and she is a little embarrassed about the attention she has begun to receive.  She downplays her “assets” a lot since she finds that they can be more than a little distracting to others and she is tired of people not looking her in the eyes which she thinks are just as beautiful as any other part of her.  It isn’t that she is ashamed of her looks, but she wants others to see her first and hasn’t figured out how those looks really make her feel.  She still likes to dress comfortably in shorts and tanks, jeans or simple dresses, but is rather happy that she will be back to a school uniform that is rather concealing as it will be a big surprise to the rest of her classmates how she looks now.

Personality Traits:

Friendly: Emily is a naturally friendly person.  She tries to be a people pleaser which has come back and bit her, but she travels in all kinds of social circles.  At least for a time. Among her friends she is known to be a bit of a prude and they like teasing her about it but they do so good naturedly and she takes it well. 

Superstitious: For a normally logical person Emily honestly believes in many superstitions.  She knocks on wood, throws spilled salt over her shoulder.  There are mirrors on the front doors of her house, so if a dragon tries to get in, he will see his reflection and think that there is already a dragon there and go away.  She never serves only one bowl of rice and would be mortified if someone overturned a musical instrument…yeah there are lots of odd rules she lives by.

Steadfast: Emily is extremely loyal to her family and friends.  She does everything possible to honor a promise and is very dependable.  Her teachers love her for that.

Complex: Emily lives in multiple worlds.  Her family is very traditional both in wizarding culture and Vietnamese culture.  She lives her life by rules based on tradition and superstition that often fly in the face of her ordinarily orderly and steadfast demeanor.  She desperately wants to be more like her friends and be able to be free to do as she wishes, but feels guilty when doing things she knows her family won’t approve of and she is certain her father isn’t going to like the fact that she is gay.

Secretive:  Emily has held on to a lot of secrets about herself and is used to deflecting any deeply personal inquiries.  This is in part why people like her.  She often turns conversations back around to focus on others.  People think she is a great listener.  Emily has lied so many times about herself that she does it without thinking and it risks relationships she holds dear.

Brief History: Emily grew up in San Jose, California in an area called Little Siagon.  For her life was kinda normal, until her mother was diagnosed with cancer.  She passed away when Emily was 14 and it really crushed her world.  Her mother was her friend and greatest supporter when it came to her interests.  That isn’t to say that her father was a bad guy.  He wasn’t.  He was just busy and taking care of a very sick wife and his sandwich shop.  When he married Emily’s step mother who is very young in Emily’s mind (and most others too) it really caused a huge rift between her and her father.  She has never really given her step-mother a chance to earn her trust and love.  Emily has been pretty disrespectful when it comes to her step-mother.

Emily wrapped herself up in her music during an awkward adolescent year that included braces, with headgear!  She kind of hid from herself and everyone else and was known as that weird girl with the guitar.

Her sweet sixteen didn’t go much better.  She was really ill the first week of class and threw up in homeroom before being sent home.  It was about halfway through the school year that she got her braces off and started to grow out of her kind of gangly kid body.  It was amazing how those simple things brought her new found attention from people.  She slowly made some friends and they helped coax her out of her introverted shell.  Towards the end of the year she was even being asked out.  She started dating, more because it was the thing to do than having any real interest in boys.  She was more interested in her best friend Teresa than her boyfriend Tyrone.

Emily blossomed her first year at Ilvermorny. She grew in confidence and social standing.  Much to her surprise she was sorted into Thunderbird House.  Emily and her friends had been certain she was destined for Pukwudgie.  Emily never would consider herself popular, but she got invited to parties now and her circle of friends grew when she started taking music as an elective and joined choir club. Her relationship with Tyrone however began to deteriorate.  The more she became comfortable with herself the worse things got with him.

They broke up a couple of times, it was a mess and through-out it she was trying to come up with the courage to ask Teresa to the big dance, but the day she was going to finally do it Teresa was asked by their friend Nate who had harbored feeling for Teresa for at least as long as Emily had been denying her own. 

So Emily and Tyrone went to the dance.  The week after a rumor started circulating that she and Tyrone had had sex.  She found out the rumor had been started by him and broke it off for good.  She didn’t deny the rumor though figuring maybe it would just be easier.  There were other rumors starting to float around that maybe it wasn’t boys she was interested. Not wanting to be forced out by others she let the rumor about her and “Ty” continue by simply not denying it.

Emily rebounded nicely when her friends, who had heard her play guitar and sing, signed her up for the school talent show.  She ended up winning the contest easily, surprising most of the student body with her talents.  Suddenly she was more popular than before.  This had the drawback of drawing the attention of some of the more popular girls, who seemed to dislike the attention she was drawing from them.  A smear campaign from them gave the end of her first year a sour note. During the summer after first year Teresa moved back east and Emily never told her how she felt about her.  That is one of her biggest regrets.  Emily recently came out to her friends and is trying to be open about herself more, but it is still a process.

Strengths: Talented musician, Friendly and good at Potions

Weaknesses: Not being true to herself, Holding a grudge against her dad.  Allergic to Bees (Carries an EpiPen), Lying to her friends about her sexuality.

Likes: Singing, music, small thoughtful gifts, cross country running, Vietnamese cuisine, getting into a little bit of trouble.

Dislikes: Getting into a lot of trouble, Bland food, Laziness, hastily made plans.

Family:

Giang Sang “Joseph” Lee | Father | Wizarding Chef and Business owner | 53 | Half blood
Hyunh Ha Lee | Mother | Accountant | 43 | Half blood (Deceased)
Tiffany Lee | Step-mother | Trophy wife | 28 | Half blood
〚Academic Information〛

Familiar: Tawny Fish Owl

Henson the Owl

Face-claim: Im Ji
O/O's: On’s and Off’s

Notes:

San Jose, California (Little Saigon)

Outside of Berkeley and San Francisco, the magical communities of the San Francisco Bay Area are small and scattered and tend to fall along ethnic lines.  Being a liberal and accepting environment, these enclaves often get along well and some of the culturally significant festivals attract witches and wizards of all ethnicities.  Each city does have a nexus of wizarding activity, a place to shop or drink or gather.  In San Jose that nexus is Little Saigon, a large Vietnamese community that holds a number of prominent Vietnamese wizarding families.  Little Saigon is located along Story Road, from Capitol Expressway to Burke Street. For wizards, The Grand Century Mall is of particular significance as it is home to Lee’s Sandwiches and The Market.  The Lee family has long been a pillar of the magical community and they make an amazing bánh mì sandwich.  Lee’s Sandwiches happens to be one of three entrances to The Market that are scattered around the City of San Jose.

The Market is the wizarding world’s version of a strip mall.  It has little sense of antiquity or age.  No Maj-ish advertising coupled with wizarding flare give The Market a hip, trendy and modern look that can be quite jarring to traditionalists and extremely popular with young witches and wizards with disposable income.

Extra Curriculars/Sports: Choir Club, Plays guitar, Speaks Vietnamese, Runs cross country. Carries an EpiPen

Tabitha Larson

〚Introductory Information〛

Full Name: Tabitha Larson
Birth Date: March 23, 1996
Sexuality: Lesbian
Blood Status: No-Maj Born
Birthplace: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Year: 5th Year
House: Wampus
Wand Length | Wood | Core: 8-1/8" Rowan Wood with a Dragon Heartstring Core
Patronus: Raccoon
Apparation License: Yes

〚Personal Information〛

Notable Features: Her muscles
General Appearance: Tabatha is at the height of physical conditioning.  She works really hard at keeping herself that way.  She has managed to balance strength and femininity and enjoys the fact that she hasn’t lost her womanly curves in her pursuit of her perfect form.  When relaxing and hanging out Tabitha prefers comfortable and somewhat revealing clothing.  Crop tops and shorts (denim) are a favorite.  She is rather proud of her body and her white trash roots show through when she is in the comforts of home.  Tabitha does like dressing up when the occasion requires it and when she spends a night on the town with friends or hitting up a club she dresses to the nines and loves to whole process of dolling herself up and really feeling her feminine side. This can certainly surprise someone who is only use to seeing her around the school.

Personality Traits:

Fun Loving: On the surface Tabitha is a fun-loving and carefree person.  She is a joker and loves to prank her friends (and enemies).  When she is at her best, Tabitha’s carefree personality can be infectious.  She just loves having fun and living life in her way.  She can be downright bubbly at times. They are fucking witches and wizards.  This shit should be fun!

White Trash: She isn’t always the most tactful of people however and often says what she means without thinking of the consequences.  She eats with her elbows on the table and talks with food in her mouth.  It is hard to shake that white trash girl she grew up as and she often doesn’t even try. Her teenage years were really rough with her family and she can come off as uncouth in situations where etiquette should dictate, but she can crush a beer can against her forehead like a fucking pro

Dedicated:  You can’t look like Tabitha without giant blood if you don’t have drive and dedication.  Some of her teachers would probably prefer that she was just as dedicated to her school work, but she firmly believes that witches and wizards are too dismissive of the physicality and rely overly much on magic.  When Tabitha wants something she doesn’t just let it slip from her fingers.  It can be a goal or a relationship, it doesn’t matter.

Romantic: Tabitha is a sucker for the grand gesture or thoughtful gift and gives as much as she gets in this department.  If she is in love she goes all in.  She gains strength from it.  This doesn’t mean she is above the occasional fling to blow off some steam or ease some tension or because it is fun.  She just loves being in love.

Athletic: Tabitha is in peak physical condition, she also is very coordinated and is a natural athlete.  She loves sports of all kinds and is always up for a game of anything as long as it isn’t golf, which she does not consider a sport.

Insecure: Looking a little deeper you will find someone with some deep seated insecurities about who she is and where she fits in.  In spite of her physical strength and muscular toned body she revels in her femininity.  She likes her body and doesn’t mind showing it off by wearing things that accentuate he beauty instead of hide it.  She loves going out and dressing up, but sometimes faces body shaming for her physique and it hurts.  She has faced verbal abuse from insensitive people and physical abuse from the people that should have protected her the most.  This has left scars that don’t heal easily.

Brief History: Tabitha was born in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. She was a rebellious but normal teen and the daughter of divorce. She never got along with her parents, but when her magical power emerged, her parents were appalled. They didn’t know a thing about magic.  Tabitha being the only family member ever to manifest the ability to be a witch and presenting later than what was “normal.” Her parents’ resentment came to a head when Tabitha put a small explosive ball of energy in her father’s food as a joke. In retaliation for the prank, her father beat her severely.  This abuse continued until Tabitha ran away a year later.

She lived on the streets while she finished up her junior high school and began high school.  She kicked around with her no-maj friends bouncing from trailer park to trailer park and got into a lot of trouble until she discovered the local “Y” and began working out. She began spending all of her time at the gym.  Tabitha enjoys being physically fit and imposing.  It feels safe for her, a way to regain her power and control.  She made sure no one was going to intimidate her again.

The sudden appearance of an owl outside of her brother’s trailer while she was tanning scared the living crap out of her.  She obviously knew she had some weird power which most of the time manifested without her complete control, but she never in her wildest daydreams thought she was a witch!

Her first two years at Ilvermorny were an unmitigated disaster.  She was untrained and erratic and a menace to herself and everyone else.  Had it not been for her Wampus classmates and the fact that she was a natural beater she would have flunked out, been expelled or permanently turned into a frog.  Tabby turned the discipline that she had learned training her body to training her magic and by the time OWL’s rolled around she had turned herself into a serviceable witch.

Tabby is known as a partier.  She is fun to be around and generally a happy person that is prone to sudden bouts of melancholy.  Most of her classmates other than her close friends don’t see these as she often finds an out of the way place to whole up when they hit.  Usually around the holidays or if someone really attacks her hidden insecurities.

She is a staple on most of her House’s sports teams and has started a club for no-maj sports since she finds her no-maj culture, in her opinion, is vastly under-represented in the school curriculum.

Strengths: Physical Strength, Personable, Driven to success, athletic, street smarts
Weaknesses: Hidden insecurities, Has a very hard time with transfiguration and barely passed, social situations requiring tact, passing up the opportunity to prank.
Likes: A good workout, sports (No-Maj and Wizarding) watermelon, young adult fantasy novels, parties, Gravity Falls, Protein
Dislikes: Her family, Talking about her family, Holidays, sushi, intolerance, homework,
Family:
Hank Larson | Dad | Laborer | 60 | No-Maj
Milly Larson | Mom | Drunk | 48 | No-Maj
Travis “Cooter” Larson | Brother | Truck Driver | 25 | No-Maj

〚Academic Information〛

OWL Grades:
Charms - E
Transfiguration – A (Barely)
Herbology - A
Defense Against the Dark Arts - O
Ancient Runes - A
Potions - A
Care of Magical Creatures - E
Astronomy - A
Divination - A
History of Magic - A
Arithmancy - A
No-Maj Studies - O

〚Miscellaneous Information〛

Familiar: Kangaroo Rat
Brutus

Face-claim: Paige Hathaway

O/O's: On’s and Off’s

On’s: Femininity, people that appreciate her body, playfulness, a little dirty talk, noticing her femininity, sticky sweet things, fingers in her hair.

Offs: Hitting (pulling hair and biting and other semi-rough play is fine), body shaming, gore, vore, bathroom stuff, humiliation, being seen as a curiosity, machismo

Notes:

Extra Curriculars/Sports: Fitness, Quidditch, No-Maj Sports Club

Bibliophilia

Tabitha and Angel both being on the Quidditch team and having some similar interests makes them good candidates for friends.

This is Mal's first year, so she wouldn't really know anyone.

Crash

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 28, 2018, 08:38:51 PM
Tabitha and Angel both being on the Quidditch team and having some similar interests makes them good candidates for friends.

This is Mal's first year, so she wouldn't really know anyone.

Yeah I think they would make a good team of beaters.  I can see Tabby dragging him to "fun stuff" like parties to try to keep him from brooding. 

Bibliophilia

And I see him jumping at the chance to beat heads if anyone dares to make a stupid comment about her with him around.