Ilvermorny (Seeking Co-GM and more Staff!)

Started by lux89, August 23, 2018, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellific

Quote from: Jag on November 20, 2018, 05:41:30 PM
If it's not a trouble for you to do, it would be nice to know what is needed more for the game. Wouldn't want too many pure bloods or too many of one gender or whathaveyou. It is nice to know what to tailor my character towards. I also don't want to go too quirky or awkward or make it intentionally difficult for them (I've had a hard time getting non-binary characters to work in the HP universe games, sadly).

It's not too much trouble at all! We'd love to see non-binary characters work in an HP universe. Let me finish up with dinner and I'll get on that.

O/O | A/A | MM

Jag

If you're alright with a non-binary, then no need to go through the trouble. I would like to try giving a non-binary another try in the Potterverse.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Mellific

Quote from: Jag on November 20, 2018, 05:56:03 PM
If you're alright with a non-binary, then no need to go through the trouble. I would like to try giving a non-binary another try in the Potterverse.

Oh, that sounds fantastic!  :-)

We're very flexible about uniforms. Anyone can mix and match whatever pieces of a uniform they would like to wear. Whatever you're comfortable with for your character, we're always more than willing to find a way to provide. Also, none of the dorms are assigned by gender. Looking very forward to your character!  :-)

O/O | A/A | MM

Jag

I'm working on it at the moment. My face claim is Jana Knauerova.

Jag

Question:

If one parent is Half-Blood and the other is No-Maj, would the child be considered Half-Blood or No-Maj? They would be more No-Maj than they would be Magical, right?

Heartsink

They'd be considered half-blood. If they have no magical powers, they'd be a squib. To be No-Maj Born, you'd need both parents to be No-Maj. A pure-blood isn't necessarily more magically powerful or inherently talented than a No-Maj Born or half-blood. Hope that helps!

Mellific

Quote from: Jag on November 20, 2018, 07:05:42 PM
I'm working on it at the moment. My face claim is Jana Knauerova.

Adding your FC in for you now!

O/O | A/A | MM

Nygenn

Some shameless promoting here, but I recommend all aspiring players to have a look at our amazing yearbook to see which characters are already there and claimed, but also who you will be playing with and opposite of.

CurvyKitten

>> Ilvermorny Wiki<<

Joins in on the shameless plugging hehe, Check out the wiki for some great info as well. And don't be shy, we are a great bunch here. So feel free to come play!

LamentingQuill

Poke, we got some great people in here! :D

Malrunar

Mellific

Winter is coming! I mean... Yggdrasil is interested!

-Braces.-  ::)

O/O | A/A | MM

Malrunar

That I am! <3 I'm nearly finished with my character sheet, then I'll PM if to you two GM's.

Vergil Tanner

Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Malrunar

Heartsink

This game has plenty of interesting characters and good players all around with fantastic GMs coupled with a complex and dynamic narrative. Do take a look if interested. We have roleplayed the months of September and October so far, with November scheduled to open on January 8th.

Never too late to join the fun, always ways to jump in and fit in.

The Index Thread provides a chronological order of stories so far to easily see what has happened; and the yearbook that follows in the same thread allows players to navigate through the extensive cast of characters and NPCs concisely.

CurvyKitten

Heartsink is right, it is never to late to join! And with the time change coming up working in some fresh scenes would be easy. We have a great group here, and lots of people that love plotting to make each story great. I know I love it!!

The index is great, we also have a Wiki with Lots of info. From faceclaims and character creation, to quidditch, characters and maps...OH MY!

Please come check us out, the more the merrier!

Wheresmycow

Hello everyone.

A friend recommended this RP to me and it looks pretty interesting.  I have some questions I'd like to ask just to help me get a sense of things, do I PM the GM(s) or do I ask here?
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Mellific

Feel free to ask everybody here, and if any of your questions are GM specific, Lux will get back to you when he has a chance. ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

Wheresmycow

Cool.

The big one is that given that I'm thinking of playing a no-maj first year, how much of the previous story threads should I read?  Should I read over everything or is there a particular place I should start from?

I was also going to ask about the houses and what they're like but then I googled the name and now feel rather silly.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Mellific

No questions are silly, especially considering how little we know about Ilvermorny, from a canon perspective. We have taken quite a few liberties and some things are the same as with Hogwarts (for example, students receive a letter inviting them to the school, just like in the original). We do the travelling part a little differently, but that's neither here nor there right now, lol.

Anyway, your character being a No-Maj born and a first year means that they would only be aware of what has been happening for the first couple of months of school. We are about to do a time jump to November in game, so the students have been in school for two months thus far. There is a handy Index thread which has a few major plot events listed, or if you prefer, you can always say that your character arrived to school late (so long as you have a reason for that delay) and then, they would only be aware of rumors and gossip about the months that they missed. That's entirely up to you, though.

O/O | A/A | MM

Wheresmycow

I'm going to read over the last couple of major events, but I'd like to go for someone who has arrived to school late.  Being the complete fish out of water, two months behind everyone else seems fun to me.

As for why he would arrive late, I imagine it would be because the family thought the letters were some kind of scam at first and threw them away, before escalating towards trying to contact some legal authority to try and find the people sending these letters in order to stop them, prompting a staffer maybe to finally come and have a talk with the family.  Is that a doable thing?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Mellific

Certainly, just like in Harry Potter, a Staff member would likely be made aware of a student who has not arrived at school, in order to bring them there. In terms of the specific time frame involved (like how long it would take for a Staff member to get the student), that's probably more of a question for Lux. But, I hope this helped a little.  :-)

O/O | A/A | MM

Crash

I have thought about jumping in but I have to admit the plot seems to revolve around a specific group of students and if they already have close ties and history or I am not interested in that plot are their enough players doing other things to find writing partners and stories?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Wheresmycow

That helped quite a bit, thank you.  I've got my character sheet done so I'll go PM it to Lux.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs