Ilvermorny (Seeking Co-GM and more Staff!)

Started by lux89, August 23, 2018, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lux89

I L V E R M O R N Y
SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT & WIZARDRY

Based on the book series of JK Rowling
Light Human Small Group Roleplay Extreme Big Group Roleplay
CO-GMs:
Formerly: lux89 and Mellific and Yggdrasil
Currently: lux89 and Seeking Co-GM

North America | Mount Greylock, Massachusetts | September 2018

You are of age seventeen when an owl swoops to the ledge nearest you with a letter pinched in between its beaks.
Superintendent Maiara Schwarz formally invites you to be one of the esteemed students at Ilvermorny School of
Witchcraft and Wizardry. Should you accept, you will receive a wand promptly after being sorted into a House.
Upon arrival at the summit of the fabled mountain, you watch the wreathing mist begin pulling back the veil...

HORNED SERPENT HOUSE
Represents the mind. Favors scholars.

PUKWUDGIE HOUSE
Represents the heart. Favors healers.

WAMPUS HOUSE
Represents the body. Favors warriors.

THUNDERBIRD HOUSE
Represents the soul. Favors adventurers.
Marble statues of Isolt and James flank the front doors of Ilvermorny Castle. The doors open onto a circular room topped by a glass cupola. A wooden balcony runs around the room one floor above. Otherwise the space is empty except for four enormous wooden carvings representing the houses: the Horned Serpent, the panther Wampus, the Thunderbird and the Pukwudgie. While the rest of the school watches from the circular balcony overhead, new students file into the round entrance hall. They stand around the walls and, one by one, are called to stand on the symbol of the Gordian Knot set into the middle of the stone floor.

In silence the school then waits for the enchanted carvings to react. If the Horned Serpent wants the student, the crystal set into its forehead will light up. If the Wampus wants the student, it roars. The Thunderbird signifies its approval by beating its wings, and the Pukwudgie will raise its arrow into the air. Should more than one carving signify its wish to include the student in its house, the choice rests with the student. Very rarely – perhaps once a decade – a student is offered a place in all four houses. Seraphina Picquery, President of MACUSA 1920 - 1928, was the only witch of her generation so honoured, and she chose Horned Serpent.

The Sorting Ceremony is not the only major difference between Hogwarts and Ilvermorny (though in so many ways the schools resemble each other). Once students have been allocated a house they are led into a large hall where they select (or are selected by) a wand. Until the 1965 repeal of Rappaport’s Law, which enforced very strict conformity with the Statute of Secrecy, no child was allowed a wand until they arrived at Ilvermorny. Moreover, wands had to be left at Ilvermorny during vacations and only upon attaining seventeen years of age was the witch or wizard legally allowed to carry a wand outside school. The robes of Ilvermorny are blue and cranberry. The colours honour Isolt and James: blue because it was Isolt’s favourite colour and because she had wished to be in Ravenclaw house as a child; cranberry in honour of James’s love of cranberry pie. All Ilvermorny students’ robes are fastened by a gold Gordian Knot, in memory of the brooch Isolt found in the ruins of the original Ilvermorny cottage.

A number of Pukwudgies continue to work at the school into present day, all grumbling, all of them insisting that they have no wish to remain there and yet all of them mysteriously present year after year.

There is one particularly aged creature who answers to the name of ‘William’. He laughs at the idea that he is the original William who saved Isolt and James’s lives, rightly pointing out that the first William would be over 300 years old had he survived. However, nobody has ever found out exactly how long Pukwudgies live. William refuses to let anybody else polish the marble statue of Isolt at the entrance of the school, and on the anniversary of her death every year he may be seen laying mayflowers on her tomb, something that puts him in a particularly bad temper if anyone is tactless enough to mention it. There are dormitories and a central tower with the Ilvermorny crest in the centre and a stained-glass window with the Snakewood tree on it. On the grounds, the Snakewood tree still stands that grew from the buried Salazar Slytherin's wand. The Entrance Gates has the Gordian Knot on it.

Psuedo-canon: Due to an incident, students under the age of seventeen are no longer accepted to Ilvermorny.

P R E M I S E
While the goal is to remain as closely as possible to the canonical Harry Potter universe, there will be more things new.
Quidditch, yes. House Cup, yes. Prefects, yes. You decide which House you want to be in. You get up to 6 characters,
either staff or student. Time jumps in monthly installments will happen every two months and reminders will be posted
two weeks in advance. Unfinished storylines can be continued in the History thread. There will be a mystery every year,
a plot hatching from the mysterious villain on the rise who the witches and wizards around the world dreadfully rumor
as Lady Marvazio! A copycat terrorist following in the footsteps of Lord Voldemort and Gellert Grindelwald while avoiding
their mistakes, a ruthless woman whose identity remains unknown and elusive even to the brightest Aurors and Hit Wizards
of the United States of America... And you get the feeling that Lady Marvazio is haunting Ilvermorny grounds...

R U L E S
1.) Abide E's rules as well as common sense.
(No god modding, power playing, etc.)
2.) The Game is a free-form sandbox.
Some dice-rolling may be needed.
3.) All characters are 17 years of age or older.
Faceclaims are of adults.
Artwork are not accepted.
5.) Characters are human and non-canonical.
No werewolves, vampires, veela, etc.
6.) Be active, and if you can't
for more than two weeks, notify us.
7.) Posts should be at least a paragraph.
8.) Use the header provided when posting.
9.) Sexual content goes to the private thread.

FACECLAIMS RESERVED

Charisma Carpenter
Superintendent
Maiara Schwarz

Ashley Callingbull
Transfiguration
Nanabah Judd

Daniel Dae Kim
Potions
Jae-su Cross

Robert DeNiro
History of Magic and
Deputy Superintendent

Rigel Lawrence

Viola Davis
Defense Against
the Dark Arts

Teri Kemp

Aziz Ansari
Muggle Studies
and Librarian

Parminder Sands

Taraji Henson
Divination and
Arithmancy

Kahina Quickley

Serinda Swan
Charms
Alexandria Harris

Gael Garcia Bernal
Astronomy
Simon Page

Charles Michael Davis
Nurse and Herbology
Neo Bullock

Camilla Belle
Chief Auror and
Substitute

Chica Zyra

Charlie Hunnam
Care of Magical Creatures
and Games Keeper

Evan Merritt

I L V E R M O R N Y

PM character sheets to GM: lux89

S T U D E N T

Preview! ⇩

First and Last Faceclaim Name
FIRST AND LAST STUDENT NAME

Year: What year is your student?
(First - 17/18, Second - 18/19, Third - 19/20,
Fourth - 20/21, Fifth - 21/22, Sixth - 22/23, Seventh - 23/24)

House: What House is your student in?
(Thunderbird, Wampus, Horned Serpent, or Pukwudgie)
Age: By first day of the school year, students are 17 years or older
Birth Date: Month, day and year your student was born on
Birthplace: Where was your student born? Where did they grow up?
(Ilvermorny accepts students from the US, Mexico and Canada)
Blood Status: No-Maj Born, Half-Blood, or Pure-Blood
Sexuality: What sexuality does your student identify with?
O/O's: Provide a link to your On's and Off's or write specific O/O's here.

Wand Length | Wood | Core: (Refer to Accepted Characters thread for the list)

Patronus: One animal (Tends to be the Animagus form of either your student's or your student's lover)

Apparation License: Yes or No (By university level, your student is likely to have been experienced)

Notable Features: Provide examples of what distinguishes your student's appearance.
This can be as long or as short as you like. (Examples: Freckles, Tattoos, Dyed hair, Jewelry
that is often worn, etc.) Feel free to describe specifics such as tattoos, or link an image.

General Appearance: Describe the more standard aspects of your student's appearance.
What is their figure shape, or athletic build? Include height, hair color, eye color, etc.
(Write at least one or two sentences with descriptions.)

Personality Traits: Provide a list of at least five attributes - negative and positive -
that describe your student. You may include habits and mannerisms in this section, if you
would like. This can be written in bullet points or paragraph form. (Examples: Honest,
Suspicious, Jealous, Brave, Loyal, Independent, etc.) Feel free to expand with a summary.

Advantages: List at least three things your student likes. List at least three strengths. (Can include talents)
Disadvantages: List at least three things your student dislikes. List at least three weaknesses. (Can include fears)

Brief History: Provide at least three paragraphs that detail your student's background.
How did they grow up? Who is their family? What has their previous education with magic or
otherwise been like? How has their experience with magic (and others finding out that they
have magical abilities) gone? If older students, any epic Ilvermorny memories?

Family: Immediate family is required for this section, if your student is No-Maj Born or Half-Blood.
For Pure-Blood students, include extended family (paternal and maternal grandparents). Specify the deceased.

Name | Relation | Occupation | Age | Blood status

Scores and their Max Caps

Passing Grades
O - Outstanding (Max 5)
E - Exceeds Expectations (Max 5)
A - Acceptable

Failing Grades
P - Poor (Max 1)
D - Dreadful (Max 1)

OWL Grades:
(Only for fifth years and up.
Taken at end of fifth year.)

Charms -
Transfiguration -
Herbology -
Defense Against the Dark Arts -
Ancient Runes -
Potions -
Care of Magical Creatures -
Astronomy -
Divination / Arithmancy -
History of Magic -
No-Maj Studies -

Familiar: Standard rat, cat, owl, or toad. Can extend to dog, ferret, and other birds.
If applicable, provide an image to link. (If not, remove this section from your CS)

Notes: Include anything here about your student that wasn't
covered above, if applicable. (If not, remove this section)

[float=right][img height=200 padding=10]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/thumb/f/fe/IlvermornyKnot.jpg/900px-IlvermornyKnot.jpg[/img]
[i]First and Last Faceclaim Name[/i]
[b]FIRST AND LAST STUDENT NAME[/b][/float]

[b]Year:[/b] What year is your student?
[i](First - 17/18, Second - 18/19, Third - 19/20,
Fourth - 20/21, Fifth - 21/22, Sixth - 22/23, Seventh - 23/24)[/i]
[b]House:[/b] What House is your student in?
[i](Thunderbird, Wampus, Horned Serpent, or Pukwudgie)[/i]
[b]Age:[/b] By first day of the school year, students are 17 years or older
[b]Birth Date:[/b] Month, day and year your student was born on
[b]Birthplace:[/b] Where was your student born? Where did they grow up?
[b]Blood Status:[/b] No-Maj Born, Half-Blood, or Pure-Blood
[b]Sexuality:[/b] What sexuality does your student identify with?
[b]O/O's:[/b] Provide a link to your On's and Off's or write specific O/O's here.

[b]Wand Length | Wood | Core:[/b] (Refer to Accepted Characters thread for the list)

[b]Patronus:[/b] One animal (Tends to be the Animagus form of either your student's or your student's lover)

[b]Apparation License:[/b] Yes or No (By university level, your student is likely to have been experienced)
[hr]
[center][img height=150]http://cdn.onlinewebfonts.com/svg/img_248921.png[/img] [img height=150]http://cdn.onlinewebfonts.com/svg/img_248921.png[/img] [img height=150]http://cdn.onlinewebfonts.com/svg/img_248921.png[/img] [img height=150]http://cdn.onlinewebfonts.com/svg/img_248921.png[/img] [img height=150]http://cdn.onlinewebfonts.com/svg/img_248921.png[/img]
[hr]
[b]Notable Features:[/b] Provide examples of what distinguishes your student's appearance.
This can be as long or as short as you like. (Examples: Freckles, Tattoos, Dyed hair, Jewelry
that is often worn, etc.) Feel free to describe specifics such as tattoos, or link an image.

[b]General Appearance:[/b] Describe the more standard aspects of your student's appearance.
What is their figure shape, or athletic build? Include height, hair color, eye color, etc.

[b]Personality Traits:[/b] Provide a list of at least five attributes - negative and positive -
that describe your student. You may include habits and mannerisms in this section, if you
would like. This can be written in bullet points or paragraph form. (Examples: Honest,
Suspicious, Jealous, Brave, Loyal, Independent, etc.) Feel free to expand with a summary.

[b]Advantages:[/b] List at least three things your student likes. List at least three strengths. (Can include talents)
[b]Disadvantages:[/b] List at least three things your student dislikes. List at least three weaknesses. (Can include fears)

[b]Brief History:[/b] Provide at least three paragraphs that detail your student's background.
How did they grow up? Who is their family? What has their previous education with magic or
otherwise been like? How has their experience with magic (and others finding out that they
have magical abilities) gone? If older students, any epic Ilvermorny memories?

[b]Family:[/b] Immediate family is required for this section, if your student is No-Maj Born or Half-Blood.
For Pure-Blood students, include extended family (paternal and maternal grandparents). Specify the deceased.

[hr]

[spoiler=Scores and their Max Caps]
[u]Passing Grades[/u]
O - Outstanding (Max 5)
A - Acceptable

[u]Failing Grades[/u]
P - Poor (Max 1)
D - Dreadful (Max 1)
[/spoiler]

[b]OWL Grades:[/b]
(Only for fifth years and up.
Taken at end of fifth year.)

[i]Charms[/i] -
[i]Transfiguration[/i] -
[i]Herbology[/i] -
[i]Defense Against the Dark Arts[/i] -
[i]Ancient Runes[/i] -
[i]Potions[/i] -
[i]Care of Magical Creatures[/i] -
[i]Astronomy[/i] -
[i]Divination / Arithmancy[/i] -
[i]History of Magic[/i] -
[i]No-Maj Studies[/i] -

[hr]

[b]Familiar:[/b] Standard rat, cat, owl, or toad. Can extend to dog, ferret, and other birds.
If applicable, provide an image to link. (If not, remove this section from your CS)

[b]Notes:[/b] Include anything here about your student that wasn't

S T A F F
Ilvermorny has a strict no-dating policy between staff and students. Professors, TAs, and any Ilvermorny staff applicable. 
We wouldn't encourage any sort of teacher/student relationship. Relationships between staff members - as long as they
are not inappropriate in public - is allowed. Grades in the NEWT's (which are taken as part of a final exam, in the 7th
year of school) should reflect career's trajectory.

Preview! ⇩

First and Last Faceclaim Name
FIRST AND LAST STAFF NAME

Profession: What profession/specialty?

House Alumni: What House was your Staff in?
(Thunderbird, Wampus, Horned Serpent, or Pukwudgie)

Birth Date: Month, day and year your Staff was born on
Birthplace: Where was your Staff born? Where did they grow up?
Blood Status: No-Maj Born, Half-Blood, or Pure-Blood
Sexuality: What sexuality does your Staff identify with?
O/O's: Provide a link to your On's and Off's or write specific O/O's here.

Wand Length | Wood | Core: (Refer to Accepted Characters thread for the list)

Patronus: One animal (Tends to be the Animagus form of either your Staff's or your Staff's lover)

Apparation License: Yes or No (By being Staffed, likely to have been experienced)

Notable Features: Provide examples of what distinguishes your Staff's appearance.

General Appearance: Describe the more standard aspects of your Staff's appearance.

Personality Traits: Provide a list of at least five attributes - negative and positive -
that describe your Staff. You may include habits and mannerisms in this section, if you

Advantages: List at least three things your Staff likes. List at least three strengths. (Can include talents)
Disadvantages: List at least three things your Staff dislikes. List at least three weaknesses. (Can include fears)

Brief History: Provide at least three paragraphs that detail your Staff's background.
have magical abilities) gone? If alumni, any epic Ilvermorny memories?

Family: Immediate family is required for this section, if your Staff is No-Maj Born or Half-Blood.
For Pure-Blood Staff, include extended family (paternal and maternal grandparents). Specify the deceased.

Scores and their Max Caps

Passing Grades
O - Outstanding (Max 5)
A - Acceptable

Failing Grades
P - Poor (Max 1)
D - Dreadful (Max 1)

OWL Grades:
(Taken at end of fifth year.)

Charms -
Transfiguration -
Herbology -
Defense Against the Dark Arts -
Ancient Runes -
Potions -
Care of Magical Creatures -
Astronomy -
Divination / Arithmancy -
History of Magic -
No-Maj Studies -

NEWT Grades:
(For this section, only subjects your
Staff got an E or O in, on the OWL's.)

Familiar: Standard rat, cat, owl, or toad. Can extend to dog, ferret, and other birds.

Notes: Include anything here about your Staff that wasn't

[float=right][img height=200 padding=10]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/thumb/f/fe/IlvermornyKnot.jpg/900px-IlvermornyKnot.jpg[/img]
[i]First and Last Faceclaim Name[/i]
[b]FIRST AND LAST STAFF NAME[/b][/float]

[b]Profession:[/b] What profession/specialty?

[b]House Alumni:[/b] What House was your Staff in?
[i](Thunderbird, Wampus, Horned Serpent, or Pukwudgie)[/i]

[b]Age:[/b] Current age
[b]Birth Date:[/b] Month, day and year your Staff was born on
[b]Birthplace:[/b] Where was your Staff born? Where did they grow up?
[b]Blood Status:[/b] No-Maj Born, Half-Blood, or Pure-Blood
[b]Sexuality:[/b] What sexuality does your Staff identify with?
[b]O/O's:[/b] Provide a link to your On's and Off's or write specific O/O's here.

[b]Wand Length | Wood | Core:[/b] (Refer to Accepted Characters thread for the list)

[b]Patronus:[/b] One animal (Tends to be the Animagus form of either your Staff's or your Staff's lover)

[b]Apparation License:[/b] Yes or No (By being Staffed, likely to have been experienced)
[hr]
[center][img height=150]http://cdn.onlinewebfonts.com/svg/img_248921.png[/img] [img height=150]http://cdn.onlinewebfonts.com/svg/img_248921.png[/img] [img height=150]http://cdn.onlinewebfonts.com/svg/img_248921.png[/img] [img height=150]http://cdn.onlinewebfonts.com/svg/img_248921.png[/img] [img height=150]http://cdn.onlinewebfonts.com/svg/img_248921.png[/img]
[hr]
[b]Notable Features:[/b] Provide examples of what distinguishes your Staff's appearance.

[b]General Appearance:[/b] Describe the more standard aspects of your Staff's appearance.

[b]Personality Traits:[/b] Provide a list of at least five attributes - negative and positive -
that describe your Staff. You may include habits and mannerisms in this section, if you

[b]Advantages:[/b] List at least three things your Staff likes. List at least three strengths. (Can include talents)
[b]Disadvantages:[/b] List at least three things your Staff dislikes. List at least three weaknesses. (Can include fears)

[b]Brief History:[/b] Provide at least three paragraphs that detail your Staff's background.
have magical abilities) gone? If alumni, any epic Ilvermorny memories?

[b]Family:[/b] Immediate family is required for this section, if your Staff is No-Maj Born or Half-Blood.
For Pure-Blood Staff, include extended family (paternal and maternal grandparents). Specify the deceased.

[hr]

[spoiler=Scores and their Max Caps]
[u]Passing Grades[/u]
O - Outstanding (Max 5)
A - Acceptable

[u]Failing Grades[/u]
P - Poor (Max 1)
D - Dreadful (Max 1)
[/spoiler]

[b]OWL Grades:[/b]
(Taken at end of fifth year.)

[i]Charms[/i] -
[i]Transfiguration[/i] -
[i]Herbology[/i] -
[i]Defense Against the Dark Arts[/i] -
[i]Ancient Runes[/i] -
[i]Potions[/i] -
[i]Care of Magical Creatures[/i] -
[i]Astronomy[/i] -
[i]Divination / Arithmancy[/i] -
[i]History of Magic[/i] -
[i]No-Maj Studies[/i] -

[b]NEWT Grades:[/b]
(For this section, only subjects your
Staff got an E or O in, on the OWL's.)

[hr]

[b]Familiar:[/b] Standard rat, cat, owl, or toad. Can extend to dog, ferret, and other birds.

[b]Notes:[/b] Include anything here about your Staff that wasn't

C R E A T E Y O U R W A N D
Wands are long, thin rods of wood with
a magical substance embedded into their core.
Those uncommon would need a ten-sided roll.
Those rarer would need a twenty-sided roll.

Wand Woods

Acacia:   
Unusual wood which was found to create tricky wands that
often refuse to produce magic for any but their owner, and
also withhold the best effects from all but those most gifted.

Alder:
Unyielding wood, yet its ideal owner is not stubborn or
obstinate but helpful, considerate, and most likeable.

Apple
Not made in great numbers. They are powerful and best suited
to owners of high aims and ideals. Mixes poorly with Dark magic.

Ash:
Cleaves to its one true master and ought not to be passed on or
gifted from the original owner, because it will lose power and skill.
This tendency is extreme if the core is of unicorn.

Aspen:
Wand-quality, white and fine-grained, and highly prized by all wand-makers
for its stylish resemblance to ivory and its usually outstanding charmwork.

Beech:
The true match will be, if young, wise beyond their years, and if full-grown, rich in
understanding and experience. Performs weakly for the narrow-minded and intolerant.

Blackthorn:   
Unusual wood with the reputation of being best suited to a warrior.

Black Walnut:
Less common than the standard walnut, that of black walnut seeks a master of good instincts
and powerful insight. Black walnut is a very handsome wood, but not the easiest to master.

Cedar:
Who carries cedar has strength of character and unusual loyalty. You will never fool
the cedar carrier. It finds its perfect home where there is perspicacity and perception.

Cherry: Roll 1d20; 18, 19, and 20 are winning numbers.
This very rare wood creates a wand of strange power, most highly prized by the wizarding students
of the school of Mahoutokoro in Japan, where those who own cherry wands have special prestige.

Chestnut:
This is a most curious, multi-faceted wood, which varies greatly in its character depending
on the wand core, and takes a great deal of color from the personality that possesses it.

Cypress:
Cypress wands are associated with nobility. Wandmakers were always honored to match
cypress, for they knew they were meeting a witch or wizard who would die a heroic death.

Dogwood:
Matching dogwood is always entertaining. Dogwood wands are quirky and mischievous; they have
playful natures and insist upon partners who can provide them with scope for excitement and fun.

Ebony:
This jet-black wood has an impressive appearance and reputation,
being highly suited to combative magic and to Transfiguration.

English Oak:
A wand for good times and bad, this is as loyal as the wizard who deserves it.
Wands of English Oak demand partners of strength, courage and fidelity.

Elder: Unavailable for application
The rarest wand wood of all, reputed to be deeply unlucky. Trickier to master than any other. Contains
powerful magic but scorns to remain with any owner who is not superior in present company; it takes
a remarkable witch or wizard to keep the Elder wand for any length of time.

Elm: Roll 1d10; 7, 8, 9, and 10 are winning numbers.
Wand-quality, excellently matched with duelists. Depends heavily on its core.

Fir:
Wandmakers always called this wood ‘the survivor’s wand,’ because they had sold it
to witches and wizards who subsequently passed through mortal peril unscathed.

Hawthorn:
The wandmaker Gregorovitch wrote that hawthorn ‘makes a strange,
contradictory wand, as full of paradoxes as the tree that gave it birth,
whose leaves and blossoms heal, yet whose cut branches smell of death.’

Hazel:
A sensitive wand, hazel often reflects its owner’s emotional state, and works
best for a master who understands and can manage their own feelings.

Holly: Roll 1d20; 18, 19, and 20 are winning numbers.
Holly is one of the rarer kinds of wand woods; traditionally considered protective, it works
most happily for those who may need help overcoming a tendency to anger and impetuosity.

Hornbeam:
Hornbeam selects for its life-mate the talented witch or wizard with a single pure passion, which
some may call obsession and some may prefer the term ‘vision’, which almost always is realized.

Larch: Roll 1d10; 7, 8, 9, and 10 are winning numbers.
Strong, durable and warm in color, larch has long been valued as an attractive and powerful wood.
Its reputation for instilling courage in the user has ensured that demand always outstripped supply.

Laurel:
It is said that a laurel wand cannot perform a dishonorable act. Although in the quest for glory
(common for those matched to these), laurel performs powerful and sometimes lethal magic.

Maple:
Those chosen by maple wands are by nature travellers and explorers; they are not stay-at-home
wands, preferring ambition in the witch or wizard, otherwise their magic grows heavy and lackluster.

Pear: Roll 1d10; 7, 8, 9, and 10 are winning numbers.
This golden-toned wood produces wands of splendid magical powers, which give of their best in the hands
of the warm-hearted, generous, and wise. Possessors of pear wands are usually popular and well-respected.

Pine:
The straight-grained pine wand always chooses an independent, individual master who may be perceived
as a loner, intriguing and perhaps mysterious. Pine enjoys being used creatively, and unlike some others,
will adapt unprotestingly to new methods and spells.

Poplar:
"If you seek integrity, search first among the poplars". Here is the wand to rely upon: of consistency,
strength, and uniform power, always happiest working with a witch or wizard of clear moral vision.

Red Oak:
You will often hear the ignorant say that red oak is an infallible sign of its owner’s hot temper. In fact, the
true match for a Red Oak wand is possessed of unusually fast reactions, making it a perfect dueling wand.

Redwood: Roll 1d10; 7, 8, 9, and 10 are winning numbers.
Wand-quality redwood is in short supply yet high demand, due to reputation for bringing good luck to its owner.

Rosewood: Roll 1d20; 18, 19, and 20 are winning numbers.
Rosewood wands are rare. Not very compatible with Dark magic as this wood represents
love and purity. Rosewood wands are known to excel in love spells and healing magic.

Rowan:
Rowan wood has been much-favored for wands, because it is reputed to be more protective than
any other, and renders all manner of defensive charms especially strong and difficult to break.

Silver lime: Roll 1d10; 7, 8, 9, and 10 are winning numbers.
This unusual and highly attractive wand wood was greatly in vogue in the nineteenth century.
Once was the lure of many scams by unscrupulous wandmakers. Sometimes related to prophecy.

Spruce:
Unskilled wandmakers call spruce a difficult wood, but in doing so they reveal their own ineptitude.
It is quite true that it requires particular deftness to work with spruce, which produces wands that
are ill-matched with cautious or nervous natures, and become positively dangerous in fumbling fingers.

Sycamore:
The sycamore makes a questing wand, eager for new experience and losing brilliance if engaged in mundane
activities. It is a quirk of these handsome wands that they may combust if allowed to become ‘bored'.

Vine: Roll 1d10; 7, 8, 9, and 10 are winning numbers.
Vine wands are among uncommon types, and their owners are nearly always those
witches or wizards who seek a greater purpose, who have a vision beyond the ordinary
and who frequently astound those who think they know them best.

Walnut:
Highly intelligent witches and wizards ought to be offered a walnut wand for trial first,
because in nine cases out of ten, the two will find in each other their ideal mate.

Willow: Roll 1d10; 7, 8, 9, and 10 are winning numbers.
Willow is an uncommon wand wood with healing power. The ideal owner for a willow wand
often has some (usually unwarranted) insecurity, however well they may try and hide it.

Yew: Roll 1d20; 18, 19, and 20 are winning numbers.
Yew wands are among the rarer kinds, and their ideal matches are likewise unusual, and occasionally
notorious. The wand of yew is reputed to endow its possessor with the power of life and death.

Wand Cores

Unicorn hair:
Produces the most consistent magic and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages.
Unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most
faithful of all wand cores, strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether
they were an accomplished witch or wizard. Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that
they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate)
and they are prone to melancholy if mishandled, meaning the hair may 'die' and need replacing.

Dragon heartstring:
As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most
flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change
allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner. The dragon
core tends to be easiest to turn to Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord.
It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

Phoenix feather: Roll 1d20; 18, 19, and 20 are winning numbers.   
This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take
longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their
own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when
it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and
detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalize, and their allegiance is hard won.

Veela hair:
The wandmaker Garrick Ollivander mentioned that he did not
use Veela hair because it made for "temperamental" wands.

Thestral tail hair: Unavailable for application   
This core type is regarded as an unstable, if
not difficult substance to use in wand making.

Troll whisker:
Troll whiskers is considered an inferior substance
to Garrick Ollivander's three Supreme Cores.

Kelpie hair:
Kelpie hair is considered an inferior substance
to Garrick Ollivander's three Supreme Cores.

Thunderbird tail feather: Roll 1d10; 7, 8, 9, and 10 are winning numbers.
Thunderbird tail feathers were used as a wand core by American wandmaker Shikoba Wolfe.
Wolfe's wands were powerful but difficult to master, and were good for transfiguration work.

Wampus cat hair:
Wampus cat hair were used as a wand core by American wandmaker Johannes Jonker.
Jonker experimented with many other cores before settling on the hair of this creature
as his preferred kind. The core was also used by Isolt Sayre and James Steward when
they begun making their own wands in the 17th century. Helps the owner escape easier.

White River Monster spine:
This wand core was used by Thiago Quintana. White River
Monster spines produce spells of force and elegance.

Rougarou hair: Roll 1d10; 7, 8, 9, and 10 are winning numbers.
Rougarou hair were used as a wand core by American wandmaker Violetta Beauvais.
Rougarou hair was rumored to have an affinity for Dark magic, like vampires to blood.

Kneazle whiskers:
This is a rarely used wand core and is most likely considered a substandard core type.

Horned Serpent horn:
This wand core was used by Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry founder Isolt Sayre.
Wands made from this were exceptional powerful. They were also sensitive to Parseltongue
and warned their owners of danger by emitting a low musical tone.

Snallygaster heartstring:
The core was used by Isolt Sayre and James Steward when they began making their own wands in the 17th century.

Jackalope antler:
The core was used by Isolt Sayre and James Steward when they began making their own wands in the 17th century.

Basilisk horn:
Only one wand is known to have used this core. It was made by Salazar Slytherin for a wand of his own making.

Wand Length and Flexibility

Most wands are between 9 - 14 inches long.
Shorter (8 inches or less) and longer wands
(15 inches or greater) are extremely rare.

A wand is fit to the witch or wizard who intends
to use it, based on their physical frame. There are
other factors to consider than simple measurements.
Longer wands may be ideal for a taller individual but
tend to fit with big personalities and a caster who has
a preference for more theatrical style magic. Abnormally
short wands may be drawn to a person who is inadequate
in some way, rather than linking to a caster because they
are physically petite. Neater wands have a preference
toward poised and polished casting.

Flexibility or rigidity of a wand speaks to its loyalty to its master.
All of these traits make each wand one-of-a-kind.

Words used to describe resilience of a wand include (but are not limited to):
Unyielding, Flexible, Springy, Inflexible, Bendy, Supple, Pliable, Stiff.

F A C E C L A I M S
In alphabetical order by Elliquiy user name

The List
Odette Annabele - Reserved for Cael
Tim Borrmann - Reserved for Cliffspiracy
Paige Hathaway - Reserved for Crash
Kaina Lede Brown - Reserved for Crash
Skyler Day - Reserved for Crash
Alina Phillips - Reserved for CurvyKitten
Lidia Savoderova - Reserved for CurvyKitten
Zara Axeronias - Reserved for CurvyKitten
Leanna Decker - Reserved for CurvyKitten
Ebba Zingmark - Reserved for CurvyKitten
Justin Barringer - Reserved for CurvyKitten
Marie Avergopolus - Reserved for Dragongoddess
Taylor Lautner - Reserved for Eikichi
Godfrey Gao - Reserved for ElizabethLamperouge
Lucky Blue Smith - Reserved for ElizabethLamperouge
London Zhiloh - Reserved for Flower
Barbara Palvin - Reserved for Flower
Ariela Barer - Reserved for Haloriel
Serayah McNeill - Reserved for Haloriel
Peter Adrian Sudarso - Reserved for Heartsink
Rome Flynn - Reserved for Heartsink
Syra Shehroz - Reserved for Heartsink
Kentaro Sakaguchi - Reserved for Heartsink
Lakeith Stanfield - Reserved for Heartsink
Adelaide Kaine - Reserved for Himawari
Danielle Campbell - Reserved for Himawari
Camila Mendes - Reserved for Himawari
Emilia Clarke - Reserved for Himawari
Jana Knauerova - Reserved for Jag
Anaïs Neesy Rizzo - Reserved for Josietta
Jessie Pavelka - Reserved for Josietta
Lily James - Reserved for Kendra
Will Tudor - Reserved for Kendra
Katherine McNamara - Reserved for Kendra
Mads Mikkelsen - Reserved for Kendra
Troian Bellisario - Reserved for Lady Sakura
Naressa Valdez - Reserved for Lady Sakura
Ashley Benson - Reserved for Lady Sakura
Ksenia Solo - Reserved for LamentingQuill
Gackt - Reserved for LamentingQuill
Andy Gillet - Reserved for LamentingQuill
Sah Assal - Reserved for LamentingQuill
Valery Kovtun - Reserved for LamentingQuill
Audrey Hepburn - Reserved for LamentingQuill
Ji Chang Wook - Reserved for Levi
Ansel Elgort - Reserved for Lior
Natalie Portman - Reserved for Luciferia
Naya Rivera - Reserved for Luciferia
Alex Prange - Reserved for Lux89
Matthew Noszka - Reserved for Lux89
Ricardo Baldin - Reserved for Lux89
André Ziehe - Reserved for Lux89
Douglas Booth - Reserved for Lux89
Maxi Iglesias - Reserved for Lux89
Lada Lyumos - Reserved for Madam Striga
Anna Christine Speckhart - Reserved for Mael
Taylor Swift - Reserved for Mellific
Lucy Hale - Reserved for Mellific
Daniel Bederov - Reserved for Mellific
Nicolas Simoes - Reserved for Mellific
Dianna Agron - Reserved for Mellific
Brendon Urie - Reserved for Mellific
Sam Claflin - Reserved for Mellific
Aja Warren - Reserved for Mellific
Bernardo Velasco - Reserved for Nygenn
Rob Raco - Reserved for Nygenn
Summer Bishil - Reserved for Nygenn
Liza Soberano - Reserved for PentheWonderful
Vika Bronova - Reserved for PentheWonderful
Jorge Del Rio Romero - Reserved for PentheWonderful
Michael Fassbender - Reserved for Quick Ben
David Gandy - Reserved for Quick Ben
Cillian Murphy - Reserved for Quick Ben
Scott Eastwood - Reserved for Quick Ben
Stephen James Hendry - Reserved for Quick Ben
Natalie Danish - Reserved for Quick Ben
Steve Milatos - Reserved for Rave
Zayn Malik - Reserved for Rave
Cameron Dallas - Reserved for Rave
Allen Leech - Reserved for RobHumph
Natalie Dormer - Reserved for Roni
Lily Collins - Reserved for Roni
Dave Franco - Reserved for Swashbuckler
Joe Keery - Reserved for Swashbuckler
Shawn Mendez - Reserved for Swashbuckler
Chris Hemsworth - Reserved for Swashbuckler
Andy Biersack - Reserved for Symphonic
Logan Perman - Reserved for Symphonic
Alexandre Wetter - Reserved for Symphonic
Gen Huismans - Reserved for Untamed Skies
Marina Laswick - Reserved for Untamed Skies
Catalina Otalvaro - Reserved for Vergil Tanner
Eric Belanger - Reserved for Vergil Tanner
Elle Alexander - Reserved for Vergil Tanner
Lucas Bloms - Reserved for Vergil Tanner
Jacey Ethalion - Reserved for Vergil Tanner
Ahn Jae Hyun - Reserved for Wheresmycow
Ditta Kucsik - Reserved for Yggdrasil
Luca Hollestelle - Reserved for Yggdrasil
Ayden Marie Vargas - Reserved for Yggdrasil
Sarah Gadon - Reserved for Zealously Jaded
Finn Wittrock - Reserved for Zealously Jaded

Q U I D D I T CH A L L - S T A R S

Quidditch Players

Horned Serpent:
Beater - Available
Beater - Available
Chaser - Available
Chaser - Available
Captain/Chaser - Available
Keeper - Available
Seeker - Available

Wampus:
Beater - Tabitha Larson (Crash)
Beater - Kira Mizuchi (Wicked Vixen)
Chaser - Sasha Shackelthorn (Lady Sakura)
Chaser - Reserved (Untamed Skies)

Captain/Chaser - Rordan Baird (Lux89)
Keeper - Chester Crest (Lux89)
Seeker - Samina Rana (Heartsink)

Pukwudgie:
Beater - Available
Beater - Kip Holcomb (Lux89)
Chaser - Available
Chaser - Philip Kwon (Heartsink)
Captain/Chaser - Blaine Cockburn (Lux89)
Keeper - Available
Seeker - Jack Sparks (Lux89)

Thunderbird:
Beater - Orion Reed (Lux89)
Beater - Joanna Batherson (CurvyKitten)
Chaser - Available
Chaser - Cassie Moreaux-Michaels (PentheWonderful)
Captain/Chaser - Available
Keeper - Athena Formosa (Roni)
Seeker - Akiko Mizuchi (Wicked Vixen)

I L V E R M O R N Y

Bibliophilia

Oh...I've been wanting a Potterverse game.

Edit: If you need me to remove this post, just let me know.  I realize I sort of jumped the gun.

lux89

Wah, no, post and spam away! It's the interest check :D
Would love to have you!

Bibliophilia

-giggles.-  Okay!  I just wanted to be sure I didn't mess up your set-up postings.

Hm.  I have so many ideas and it's always dangerous to give me the chance to make multiple characters.  I think I might start off with a Horned Serpent or Pukwudgie.  -goes to look at images.-

lux89

Bibliophilia

-giggles.-  I think that is a requirement for successful GMs on E.

Yup, thinking my first will be a Puk.  Great big heart worn on her sleeve, sort of a maternal type.  All empathy and warm cookies.

lux89

!! That sounds so nice ;D Character sheet app will be coming soon if we get enough interest!

Mellific

You know I'm interested!  O:)

Very glad to see your interest, Bib! Can't wait to see your Puk!

O/O | A/A | MM

Bibliophilia

-grins.-  Thanks!  I'm going with Devon Jade for her face claim.  Glad to see your interest, too.  Now I'm even more excited for the game!

lux89

I'll reserve Devon Jade for you then! *flicks wand!*

Mellific

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 23, 2018, 09:26:16 PM
-grins.-  Thanks!  I'm going with Devon Jade for her face claim.  Glad to see your interest, too.  Now I'm even more excited for the game!

Awww, Bibs!  :-[ ::)

Also, beautiful FC choice. She looks like she could be a Puk.

O/O | A/A | MM

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Dragongoddess

lux89

YES come on over Levi! Come on over quickly!
NO, dragongoddess don't resist! Give in to the Darkness!

Levi

Get a cs code up already!!!

I'm waiting LOL
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Diesel Heart

I've never been a huge Harry Potter fan, but I have enjoyed the movies (although I didn't finish the series).  With that said, I can go ahead and put some interest in this, if only because I'm interested in the setting and want to learn more about it. It may bring me to appreciate it more, you know?

Faceclaim?  I'll go ahead and start with two characters, male and female.  My male, I will go with Matthew Noszka. My female, I will go with Natasha Udovenko Lilit

lux89

Awesome, faceclaims reserved! Character sheet coming up shortly!
We may start as September kicks off! <3

Swashbuckler

Should I jump into another group game? Debatable...

Am I going to? YUUUUUUP

Mellific

Quote from: Swashbuckler on August 26, 2018, 05:16:08 PM

Am I going to? YUUUUUUP

I completely support this. 🤩

O/O | A/A | MM

lux89

Bibliophilia

-bounces happily at the continued interest.-

TurtleInTheSheets

[acronym=Turtle's Doodles and Other Stuff (SFW)][/acronym]
[acronym=Turtle's StoryTelling Cafe][/acronym]
[Acronym=On and Offs][/acronym][acronym=When There's Nothing Hard Under The Sheets (Updated 09/09/2018)][/acronym][acronym=Turtles reserves the rights to change posting rate without prior approval][/acronym]
||  Drawn by TurtleInTheSheets  || 

Bibliophilia

Madam Striga

Quote from: Swashbuckler on August 26, 2018, 05:16:08 PM

Am I going to? YUUUUUUP

Kinda my mood rn

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas