Transported from 2017 to 1944 occupied France

Started by playfullchick76, October 04, 2017, 09:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playfullchick76

This is something I'm looking forward to playing out with someone skilled and knowledgable enough. You dont need to be a historian, just know enough to get by. If you do know a lot, great, but its not mandatory.

World war 3  is being fought, Russia and China are on the move, with some allies in europe helping them. I would play the Captain of a marine company, recently arrived from England with her batallion. Set up in a tent city near the Normandy coast prior to another move closer to the front lines, my Batallion is hit by a new Soviet/Chinese weapon, designed to wipe us out of existence, but it malfunctions. Instead of blinking us out of existence, it transports part of the tent city from 2017 to the exact same spot, to june 6 or 7 1944. Tents, personnell, Tanks, Stryker light armored vehicles, enough to give the German forces that we would be facing a rough time of it. I would be the sole surviving company commander, finding herself without a CO, and in charge of most of three companies, along with armored forces from my time.

We could appear inland of any of the beachheads, to encounter british, US or Canadian forces, find out where we are, make contact with contemporary forces, and work with them to repel advancing german forces and take the objectives even faster.

I do hope that someone reads this, hears it singing to them, and posts.

playfullchick76

I havnt offered this one in a while, so I'm offering it again, hoping to play it out with someone.

playfullchick76

Its been a month, so i'm offering this one again, hoping for another interested party.

playfullchick76

Hi, I'm in the mood to offer this one again, hoping for someone interested in playing it out with me, whos interested in the era and knows it.

Roleplay Frog

*hops in* is it weird that I'm more curious about the alternate history world war 3 Shenanigans and how they came to be?

Actually, considering a future in which China and the USSR threaten the world, wouldn't that in theory meany you allying with and kick-starting the technology of the allies might have lead to the third world war to begin with?
After all, it was the Axis that were at war with China and the Soviets, the allies were, well.. allied(discounting a few side-incidents), so strengthening them and kicking german butt harder might not actually be in a historical best interest. Moreso as D-Day kind of sealed the deal for an exhausted and overextended germany.

playfullchick76

Hi, and thanks for getting back to me. its not weird at all that you're into the same things as I am, I love to play out ones like these.

You do make an interesting point, perhaps her forces interventions could lead to the same war that she was fighting in her time, or maybe not, maybe shortening the war helps, who knows.

I would love to play this out with you if you're interested, if not, its okay.

Roleplay Frog

I'm pondering about it, hence why I commented. I wouldn't want to commit without being sure. It amuses me that I had a similiar idea to yours, albeit more Superman-Red Son thematic inspired.. and alternative history fiction always has interesting potential.
On the other hand, war is not something all that.. positive to write about, well, if my Grandfathers account of WW2 is to be believed, anyway. *chuckles*

Where would you see this one going? I mean, not to be negative but! It's not like you'd change the outcome of WW2 much with this setup, shorten it, sure, but if you think about it, you are not all that undefeatable. You still need ammunition, which was not developed during that time, sure, you'd have superior armor and especially superior tanks that could basically not be damaged by anything short of serious effort, but! At the same time, after about 50 shots you're down to machine-guns and ammunition thats equivalent to those times, same for gun ammunition and worse for grenades.
But the real problem is not the ammunition, it's the spare parts. Especially electronics you wont find anything if ever you need replacements and while the tanks and etc would be hard to damage, damage would accumulate as trying to fix it with incompatible technology would be tricky at best.

Here is an interesting thing on this. ^^ - though, also see that other link there to add to things interestingly. *chuckles*

SO! These nagging realisms in mind, what's the later direction of the idea?

playfullchick76

I know what you mean. My grandfathers both served, one in new guinea. He never talked about it to me.

I see her convincing the contemporary forces that she encounters that she's the CO of her forces, getting them to accept her, with her forces and technology, in particular her armor, making an initial difference. You are right, ammunition would be an issue, even with the stores that came with them.

How it goes is up to us,its our roleplay, we're only limited by our imaginations, and I dont think that thats a problem for us.

I would love to play it out with you, perhaps with you as either US or British forces, encountering German forces and dealing with them, taking losses, pushing them back, and showing the contemporary forces what mine could do. As for more than action, well, we can work that out if you want some intimacy in it.

playfullchick76

This one is still available, so I'm offering it again, hoping that someone interested in it wants to play it out with me.

playfullchick76