FFXIV - Password/Token Lockout Question

Started by Valthazar, October 04, 2014, 11:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valthazar

I used to play FFXIV many months ago, and began using the token login system (where you get a number sent to the phone app when you enter your password, to also put put in each time you log in).

Well, I didn't play the game for many, many months, and this summer, I stupidly dropped my phone into the pool.  So now I am in a situation where I don't know my password, and I don't have access to my token.

Is there anything I can do?  I tried to look around their account site, but I keep getting redirected to webpages and can't find a contact number or email.

Thankfully my subscription is not active so I am not losing money or anything.  I know my username though, and email, if that helps.

Thanks.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Valthazar on October 04, 2014, 11:02:30 PM
I used to play FFXIV many months ago, and began using the token login system (where you get a number sent to the phone app when you enter your password, to also put put in each time you log in).

Well, I didn't play the game for many, many months, and this summer, I stupidly dropped my phone into the pool.  So now I am in a situation where I don't know my password, and I don't have access to my token.

Is there anything I can do?  I tried to look around their account site, but I keep getting redirected to webpages and can't find a contact number or email.

Thankfully my subscription is not active so I am not losing money or anything.  I know my username though, and email, if that helps.

Thanks.

Hi,

I haven't played the game, but they should have a customer service centre to help out with issues like that.

I think this is it here:
https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1

If they can't help you out or you get a useless answer, I'd suggest asking them to escalate your query.

Hopefully that will help.

Formless

Also Can't you get a SIM card with the same number you had in your previous phone?

Since they send the input token to the same Number , all you need is to get your number back.

Valthazar

Thanks for the help guys.  Another friend also showed me that link as well, and I got it sorted out!   :-)

Thanks again.