(NCE System) Legend of the Five Rings: Why so serious?

Started by Muse, June 16, 2009, 07:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

Quote from: Phaia on June 19, 2009, 01:21:48 PM
I downloaded L5R core rulles as well as a ton of othe stuff [torrent]
3rd ed rules correct?

Phaia

Yes 3rd ed Rules, or 2rd ed revised Rules. Contact me on YIM and I can help you with a character.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Askie on June 19, 2009, 01:23:40 PM
I so need to figure out how to use that.

*Points to the rules*

No public discussion of such things please.

And its the 3rd ed revised rules, not 2nd ed revised.

Alderac released the 3rd ed core rules, and then a year or so later a revised core rulebook. There are a few differences here and there in it.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Phaia

how 'E' do ya all see this as?

I have some images that could work for a character but they are show more skin then normal for L5R.

I had considered this one but  muse was asking me to play a unicorn and she is mantis

also this one

Phaia

Paladin

I like the last one if your going for unicorn. She's deffinatly Horn E just by looking at the helmet.

Phaia

i kinda like the first 2, but doubt if they are unicorn and not sure which clan she would fit in with.

Phaia

HairyHeretic

Second pic looks like a Centipede mon, rather than a Mantis one.

First pic, I don't know what shes supposed to be, but if she wears that armour shes going to die quickly :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Paladin

Wow so I didn't get smacked by my bad Joke. Yay!!! So can you find any Male Dragon Samurai Pics?

Paladin

Quote from: HairyHeretic on June 20, 2009, 05:07:21 PM
Second pic looks like a Centipede mon, rather than a Mantis one.

First pic, I don't know what shes supposed to be, but if she wears that armour shes going to die quickly :)

I wouldn't really say that Hairy. Depend how good she is and I would say that all that flesh does serve as a nice dstraction to whoever she's fighting.

HairyHeretic

Well, thats true, but L5R you can die pretty fast, amrour or no armour :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

muse did say it was to be "e" a bit...lol but i agree the first pic is a bit impratical thats why i was asking how e it was

and yes i the image when i copied it said centiped...i didnt even know they were a clan?

Phaia

HairyHeretic

Minor clan. Can't remember much about them offhand.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

my impression from muse is that he kinda wants a bit more flesh for the 'virgins'.

The why so seriuos theme.

Muse was gonna work up a unicorm maiden for me but after downloading the books I am not sure i like the battle maidens they tend to be a bit too martial for my tastes...kick in the door kill everything go feed your horse type.

Phaia

HairyHeretic

You do know the Scorpion clan has a Seducer school, right? ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

umm courtiers arent they...i have been reading all these books i downloaded

Phaia

Paladin

Umm yes I believe they are Courtiers, but I don't play Scorpion. Phia, I can help yopu with a Character if you like. Muse has asked me to help others if they need it considering I'm allready done with my character.

HairyHeretic

I believe so. I've not looked that closely at them.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

paladin only one that i have found so far that might work

phaia

Pumpkin Seeds

For a moment I thought he was making the limp wrist motion.

Muse

Quote from: Phaia on June 19, 2009, 01:21:48 PM
I downloaded L5R core rulles as well as a ton of othe stuff [torrent]
3rd ed rules correct?

Phaia

*wrigthes in jealous* 

3rd revised, though. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

I know it's small, but it's nice.

Paladin

Nice Pics. I found one I'll post up later.

I have a seriouse question for everyone though. What kind of Post Rate is everyone Comfortable with? I'm ok with 2 per week at absolute minimum, but I'd like to see faster. Say 3 A week.

HairyHeretic

Depending on my workload, what I can manage varys wildly. I should be able to do that though, or at least mention if I can't at that point in time.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Paladin

kckolbe

I don't have the rule book, but have played the D&D Rokugan setting and am very keen on the history, if not the current events of the setting.  I have a soft spot for Mantis (and many minor clans), but can play others.  Really depends on the char concept.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Paladin

I feel sorry for yopu then Kckolbe. The DnD version sucked. Actually it was worse than sucked but thats the worst catagory I can come up with. I really need to make up new catagories for stuff so bad its worse than suck.