News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Animist's Battle Arena

Started by DreadD, March 03, 2008, 03:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadD

Note: I do not claim to be the originator of this idea.   Far from it, I'm stealing it outright from an RP that waas attempted on RPOL that is being shut down/heavily altered, in part because the originator abandoned it, in part because of running into the ToS.  I am uncertain as to what will happen with that version, but if anyone is interestead, I've found this a bit...  Entertaining.  Originally called "Battle Arena Moreau" and run by "WhiteKnight" my goal is to simply continue a story/setting I found interesting, and I'd be more than pleased if there were  others who wished to tag along.

On an uncharted island in the South Pacific, the great grandson of the original Animist continues his ancestors work. Unlike his notorious grandfather, instead of evolving animals to the level of humans, he has approached the challenge from a different direction.

Taking human subjects, he exposes them to animal DNA creating half human-half animal hybrids. He uses these experiments for his own entertainment. Some are forced to battle each other in savage gladiatorial games. To the victors go the spoils and they are given the best in quarters and living conditions. They are also given first choice in recreational hybrids, creatures created for the sole purpose of bringing pleasure to the gladiatorial champions.

Create your character. Step into the arena. Will you be a champion or will you become someone’s pet?

When you first arrive at the island you are completely human. Some of you may be ex military, some of you may have simply caught the eye of one of the Doctor’s agents. Regardless, you have been brought to the island to compete.

You start as a free gladiator. You are not part of any stable. You start with no money. You can earn money by fighting. Your fight record starts with 0 wins, 0 loses. Good luck.

Champions and pets

When you loose a match, you become the property of the victor known as a pet. There are a couple ways of avoiding this fate. If you already own your own pet, you can give that pet to the victor in lieu of your service. Otherwise, you can pay from whatever winning you have saved up (typically 100 credits per fight/service that you owe). If you cannot afford to pay, you have to earn your freedom through service. You will have to win three fights and give any prize money to your owner. The other option is to work as a stable pet and provide pleasure to three gladiators in your victor’s stable (Or, more likely, the victor his or herself). Or you can combine this (winning two fights and providing pleasure once.)

If you are already owned and lose a second fight, your owner is expected to compensate the victor appropriately. Your term of service to your master is extended by three more fights/services.

Higher profile fights my result in larger prizes and harsher terms for the loser. A standard fight has a purse of 100 credits.

The Ani-Serum

The serum changes the user to gain characteristic of the animal that the DNA was harvested from. This will radically change the form of the person using the Serum. The Serum has been known to change the users gender, cause increased growth and mass, cause mass reduction and more. The serum will only work once on any candidate and its effects are permanent.

The following changes may be determined randomly.

Gladiatorial Animals

Bear
Tiger
Lion
Cheetah
Housecat
Wolf
Dog
Hyena
Deer
Elk
Fox
Ferret/Weasel
Mouse
Squirrel
Rabbit
Skunk
Horse
Ox
Bull (Minotaur)
Other (Player’s choice)

The last system used, and one that seemed to be functioning quite well was as follows:

http://futaformation.pbwiki.com/

I was running a character in it, who will be making a return, and will serve as an example for what can happen to someone who loses a fight:

Name: Ellyas Armartie

Appearance: She is relatively wirey, though its hard to tell if she's simply thin, or if she has sculpted muscles beneath her loose clothing.  She moves with great care and intent, and her dark eyes seem to watch everyone in the same room as she, flickering between them constantly.  She has black hair which is of moderate length, and her outfit, for the moment, is a loose, grey, longsleeve shirt and what seem to black sweat pants, as well as blue-black shoes.  The pants and shoes are now gone, though, as her lower body has been replaced with a long snake tail with black scales...

Stat block:

Name: Ellyas                 Height: ?                  Owner: Berserker (3)

Race:  Human/Cobra           Weight: ?

~Stats~

Level: 1

Class: Brawler 1

Hp: 155

Str: 6          Weapon: N/A

End: 8           Armor: N/A

Gra: 6          Amulet: N/A

Cha: 5

Int: 5

Spi: 8

P. Def: 66

M. Def: 63

S. Def: 64

Total Exp: 10

Total Credits: 0

Overall Record: 0-1

She also has a good bit of  history, but I am hoping for that to come out as people interact with her and the story progresses, etc.

--------------------------------

OOC Thread Here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13405.0  Start posting, get to know each other, ask any questions you care to.

Character Thread Here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13407.0  Characters here.  I'll PM you as I go over each sheet, and when your okay comes through, post up there.  After I get three or four sheets up I'll open the lobby for people to talk IC, and then the first arena once two people feel ready for a fight.

sciencemile

Mmhmm, and in fact he stole the idea from Futaformations, which is not actually run by the original GM that started it. (being Hellkat of Fur Affinity)

But anyhow, I'm here, mind if I use the same character as last time? (albeit not yet transformed, as it were)

DreadD

Feel free to use an exact copy of the character you were using previously, with or without his battle history, as it pleases you.  Of course, if you don't keep the battle history, you don't keep any XP or anything either.

torawashi

Color me interested! How does this work? Would I submit a character here?

DreadD

Rather than fill this thread with character applications, private message your character to me and I'll look it over.

http://futaformation.pbwiki.com/

For the stat part, all you need is an appearance, and at least enough of a background to explain why you came to the island.  More detailed histories can be developed over the course of the RP.

Dingo

This sounds quite interesting. I'll work on a character concept.

DreadD

Oookay, we have a good group of characters together, I'll be setting this up after my next sleep cycle...  Though I suspect we'll always be taking further applications.

Zaer Darkwail

I am intrested tot his too altough need time to make characther. Any link to actual gaming thread yet?

DreadD

Sorry, I was occupied with school overlong today, the actual game will have to wait for tomorrow >_>  Stupid real life.

DreadD

Oh, and I seem to have a lot of people for this, how does one go about setting up a large game, anyways?

Zaer Darkwail

Request a thread spot from one the Goddesses for thread section suitable for the game (is it heavy NC with exotic creatures? Or counted more normal NC etc).

sciencemile

It's sorta on the verge of nonconsensual; the possibility of non-consent is there, but so is the possibility of consent, though I may be mistaken when I say we may only get those looking for nonconsensual interactiion if it's in the nonconsensual area. 

DreadD

As both are possible, it should go in the non-consensual area, as we already have a half-snake half-woman, it would be fair to say we'll have pleanty of exotic sorts too...  So that's NCEF, I think...  The question then remians, ah...  What's the appropriate way to petition a goddess?  PM or is there a forum I'm missing?

Zaer Darkwail

With a friendly and polite PM :).

DreadD

Ookay!  I can handle that, I just wanted to make sure that was actually the procedure, I'd feel awfully, ah...  Let's go with 'stupid' if I had missed some obvious request forum or something like that somewhere.

Oh, and as for feeling stupid, while I can find a list of Sirens, I don't seem to be able to find a list of Goddesses, just the one big "God" and I figure he's probably busy with a lot of other things to worry about something like this.  Who's job is it to be harassed by know-nothing noobs who can't find the proper listing?

Zaer Darkwail

Check folks who are online bottom of the main page, those which names show in blue are those need to be contacted (I think :P).

Note; Now that I check it the people in blue are sirens. So in this case 'goddesses' are OLD title for sirens so they are people contacted for making large game threads :P.

sciencemile

Yes, I'd ask Bliss, since last I checked, another game I was in, the GM there was asking her if she would mind making the thread for him in the IRC *thumbs up*

DreadD

Ookay, boys and girls, and... Well some of you are bound to end up somewhere in between eventually...  Anyways,

OOC Thread Here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13405.0  Start posting, get to know each other, ask any questions you care to.

Character Thread Here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13407.0  Characters here.  I'll PM you as I go over each sheet, and when your okay comes through, post up there.  After I get three or four sheets up I'll open the lobby for people to talk IC, and then the first arena once two people feel ready for a fight.