New - looking for D&D group but for a beginner!

Started by cyberyan, February 01, 2019, 03:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberyan

Hello! Okay, first off if this is the wrong subforum to post in, please just tell me and I'll relocate it :>

Strangely enough, I've just recently gotten into Dungeons and Dragons RP and have heard much of it, many terms (tabletop, rolling dice..?) but am completely clueless! Well, I know the basics but would really like to actually try a game out for myself and perhaps play with a group? I've listened to some podcasts, watched some videos and think I've got the basics down but would very much prefer to test it out by actually playing. If there is anyone or any groups out there willing to take me in as a protege I would very much appreciate it. Don't worry, I learn quick.

Also, setting and theme don't matter to me too much other than I would like to start off with a non-sexual roleplay. Medieval, modern, sci-fi, doesn't matter. I am open to anything you feel is the easiest or most fun.
My discord: Yan#8455

Sek

I love d&d and if you’re playing d&d I would very much like to join on this epic quest...I’d prefer to be a player if you don’t mind I’m not a very good dm

Nihylee

Hello!

I'm completely new here and I haven't had a chance to fully check everything out around the forums, but I've played a fair bit of D&D and would be willing to answer any questions you have about the game if you're still looking to learn. Also, if you haven't found a group to play with yet, I have a recommendation. A good friend of mine hosts a weekly low level starter game on twitch for people looking to learn the ropes or just try out new character builds.

GabeTheKid

Quote from: Nihylee on March 11, 2019, 10:02:00 PM
A good friend of mine hosts a weekly low level starter game on twitch for people looking to learn the ropes or just try out new character builds.

that sounds cool! Could you please tell me his/her channel's name on twitch?