News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 17, 2014, 02:31:58 PM
There is no thread for games we are waiting for.
Yeah, but we already have the What Are You Playing 2 thread in FG&S. So maybe this one should take on an anticipatory role as well? 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on February 17, 2014, 02:34:59 PM
Yeah, but we already have the What Are You Playing 2 thread in FG&S. So maybe this one should take on an anticipatory role as well? 

That is what are you playing, which is basically the same as this thread.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 17, 2014, 02:35:45 PM
That is what are you playing, which is basically the same as this thread.
I know, that's why I suggested that we should make this one the anticipatory thread. :\
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on February 17, 2014, 03:06:43 PM
I know, that's why I suggested that we should make this one the anticipatory thread. :\

Sorry read your last post wrong.

Revelation

Well! Is anyone looking forward to games in the coming year?

Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes is coming out soon, which is a game i've been really anticipating. I'll be curious to see how it acts as a prologue to 5.

Theres also the south park RPG, which seems to be fairly funny and maybe decent gameplay. I'll wait for reviews since its an obsidian game, but I have high hopes.

And way the hell off in May Drakengard 3 comes out. I suspect this won't sell well at all, and will probably be a 'bad' game. But, considering the developers and the previous games in the series (Nier especially), I have to get this game and see if its as insane and crazy as it really looks.

SinXAzgard21

Well next month I am getting Dark Souls 2, FFX HD and Infamous Second son.  Witch and the Hundred Knights comes out next month as well.  I think Wild Star may be releasing soon as well as ESO. 

Sasquatch421

I'm waiting for Watchdogs to finally come out. It seems to be interesting and I really want to play it... Til then I'll satisfy myself with my purchases that will be made next week when I nab Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Thief. Til next week I'll just continue with Diablo 3 on my 360... Maybe try some of the other games I bought over the weekend out. Our local Hastings store had all their used games for 50% off... I nabbed CoD: Ghosts for 20 bucks, Street Fighter X Tekken for 3 dollars and finally got Warriors Orochi 3.

Inkidu

Watchdogs makes me nervous. I don't like games that have been pushed back a lot. It's usually a good sign of a troubled production.

SinXAzgard21

I'm more looking forward to beta for Destiny than Watchdogs.

rouwdy

I'm unsure on The Order 1886. Some things look really good about it but I worry it will be quick and easy. What I really can't wait for is the next Bethesda game. We know they're working on some thing just no idea what. I need another Fallout or Elder Scrolls. I get lost in their worlds.

Tsenta

Only thing I've heard of is Elder Scrolls Online so far, no announcement of the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls series.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

rouwdy

Bethesda aren't making Elder Scrolls Online themselves. ZeniMax is doing that just like they did Fallout New Vegas. Although ZeniMax can make good games I don't quite think they're at the same level. Still high up there though. What I don't like though is the concept of having to buy a game and then having to pay every month to keep playing it. If I buy a game I expect to be able to play it when I choose. I already brought it.

Bethesda said about April last year though that they were finished with Skyrim and were at a point with their next project they needed their whole team on it. Why can't they just say what it is please......

Inkidu

Quote from: rouwdy on February 18, 2014, 03:23:26 AM
Bethesda aren't making Elder Scrolls Online themselves. ZeniMax is doing that just like they did Fallout New Vegas. Although ZeniMax can make good games I don't quite think they're at the same level. Still high up there though. What I don't like though is the concept of having to buy a game and then having to pay every month to keep playing it. If I buy a game I expect to be able to play it when I choose. I already brought it.

Bethesda said about April last year though that they were finished with Skyrim and were at a point with their next project they needed their whole team on it. Why can't they just say what it is please......
ZeniMax didn't make New Vegas, Obsidian did. ZeniMax is the parent company, which is why I think ESO is a bit weird. I've never heard of ZeniMax actually publishing anything.

My money is though that it's Fallout 4. That seems like the next thing.

SinXAzgard21

I'm not planning on touching ESO after playing the Beta for 20+ hours.  It may look pretty but, it isn't really fun.

Ironwolf85

I've started playing Team Fortress 2 this month, it's been fun so far even if I'm very late to the party.
I prefer medic and engineer, with a bit of demoman on the side.
Apparently I'm damn good as a medic, but everyone wants you all the time.

Also once or twice I run into racist vitrol, and either blow them up, or refuse to heal them.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Life in Color

I've thoroughly been enjoying Final Fantasy XIII.

It's gotten a lot of hate from my crowd of friends, but I can't quite understand why.

As far as stuff I'm excited for..... Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD and Thief both come out next month and they look omgamazing.

SinXAzgard21

I'm finishing Bravely Default before playing Lightning Returns.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 18, 2014, 09:54:00 PM

Lightning Returns looks like a big game of fanservice... I don't know if it will be good, but I think the developers could've done better with the money/time invested.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on February 18, 2014, 10:32:40 PM
Lightning Returns looks like a big game of fanservice... I don't know if it will be good, but I think the developers could've done better with the money/time invested.

So far, from what I played the game is good.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 18, 2014, 10:44:43 PM
So far, from what I played the game is good.
From all I've seen and read it's average, which is not bad, but XIII rated higher in every regard and I found it so awful it killed me on the series.

Life in Color

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 18, 2014, 09:54:00 PM

How bad/good is Bravely Default?

I'm really intrigued by the way it's supposed to interact with StreetPass.

:3

Oreo

Quote from: Alixandre on February 18, 2014, 09:52:33 PM
I've thoroughly been enjoying Final Fantasy XIII.

It's gotten a lot of hate from my crowd of friends, but I can't quite understand why.

As far as stuff I'm excited for..... Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD and Thief both come out next month and they look omgamazing.

I loved XIII as well. So much so that I played it twice. I will likely play it again some time in the future. I guess it is either a love or hate RP.

I am waiting for my copy of X HD too ;D Along with Tales of Symphonia. Other than that, all I am looking forward to is FF XV.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

Quote from: Oreo on February 19, 2014, 10:08:29 AM
I loved XIII as well. So much so that I played it twice. I will likely play it again some time in the future. I guess it is either a love or hate RP.

I am waiting for my copy of X HD too ;D Along with Tales of Symphonia. Other than that, all I am looking forward to is FF XV.
Yeah, I think XIII might have irrevocably broken the fanbase.

Anyway, I highly recommend DoorKickers as a fun little game. Even in Alpha it has a bunch of maps and getting the highest star rating can be deceptively tricky.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Alixandre on February 19, 2014, 09:51:23 AM
How bad/good is Bravely Default?

I'm really intrigued by the way it's supposed to interact with StreetPass.

:3

I'm level 99 all jobs maxed, working on opening chests you can't get till near the end of the game.  I have been enjoying the game until now, I can't go into detail as it will spoil the game, but you end up having to do the same thing over again twice.  Thankfully I can blitz through it, Pirate/swordmaster can do near 70k damage in two rounds.

Mathim

I just started replaying the most recent pre-3DS generation Harvest Moon. It's so much fun and as addicting and Pokemon used to be (eat that, Farmville!) that I'm wondering if I might even bother getting the new 3DS version down the road.

And with all the talk of Chrono Trigger, I've been trying like a motherfucker to find a copy of the DS version which is supposed to have extra content the original and Playstation ports don't have but I haven't had any luck.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).