Dawn of the Universe - IC

Started by Koekje, June 04, 2017, 08:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koekje

Imagine emptiness. A universe that is not only void of life, but also of the very essence of matter itself. Empty space without anything to fill it up. No people, animals, water, planets, asteroids, ... Not even cosmic dust. Now put a being in there. It has a voice, a mind, a body when it wants to and, most of all, it is bored. You put yourself in an infinitely big room of nothing, with nobody else to talk to and see how bored you get.

To stave off the horrible and excruciating pain that is boredom, this being started doing things. First of all, it gave itself a name: Menopsis. Then, it thought about how much effort it would take to amuse itself. It already faced its first dilemma: to be bored and full of energy, or to be amused but having to make an effort. Menopsis quickly thought of a solution: he needed minions.

Menopsis managed an action that it would later call a summoning sneeze, convorting its body in such a manner that it recoiled before sprucing free and breaking off energy from itself. The energy quickly manifests itself into different clouds of an essence that resembles that of Menopsis, but of an inferior quality. The entity that is Menopsis then wished to task his new creations in a swift and quick manner. He simply transferred his boredom into the minds of his creations and urged them to correct things, ordering them to fill the galaxy with manners to amuse himself.
He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

kongo

Cause and effect, beginnings and ends, starts and conclusions, these were the domain of the minionette named Winx. "Hmm, let's see where to begin," she mused to herself as she contemplated the canvas she had been given. She shook her head causing her long locks to fly out in all directions. "No gravity, no flat hair," she said happily as she assembled a clock from the space goo. It was large and full of wheels and dials, and lights and cuckoos. Winx took a key from around her neck and wound the clock. "There, that should be good for a few billion years." The cuckoo came out, took a look at her and yelled, "Cuckoo!!!"

Winx smiled at the bird, "Just think if it as job security..."

Every heart must play its part...

Dys Astyr

Slowly It rolls, becoming aware of definition and edges. Edges? The thought ripples through It in soft undulations of... laughter? Yes, that's what it is. Quickly it acclimates to the existence It has just been given, looking upon the creator. Menopsis - the word flashed through the new being like a bolt a pure energy. Raptly It's formlessness gazed upon Menopsis, the purpose that had been given to It slowly worming through the amazement and into conscious thought.

Fill the Void?

It cast It's perception out, taking in the Void from countless perspectives, awed by the vastness of nothing. Such a task perhaps should have been daunting, but the concept of failure did not yet exist.

Slowly It expanded, stretching the edges of It's being and finding formlessness incredibly elastic. It stretched and warped, pushing as far into the void as possible. Eventually an itchy sensation made It decide that it had expanded enough. For a long, timeless moment It stayed just like that. Then without warning or formality It let It's being contract once again, exhaling the void-space that it had just encompassed in a long, rushing breath. Within this great out-rushing were a myriad things beyond counting. Things so vastly small they were barely perceivable against the yawning Void.

A ripple of irritation worked across It's amorphous being, unimpressed with the outcome of It's first experiment. 
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Lord Zanicus

A cloud that was once a part of the sole being that was Menopsis began manifesting itself with almost a similar image and appearance of its creator. Already imbued with the occurring dilemma that was boredom, it began to quickly look into its given task even before fully having developed. Now, how would one start painting interest on the vast canvas of nothingness? It contemplated.

Nay.. First, it needs to have a name. That way, it could easily be recognised. That way, when it'd accomplished something, it could at least be frequently mentioned, although the desire to be praised never truly arises, the mere thought of having its name announced for the rest to hear was in itself a reward.

Zachrone...

That's what it'd decided to call itself. Now that it's out of the way, Zachrone finally took a moment to absorb its surroundings. It was aware of the other beings there before it. Each in their own thoughts and process of providing results. But besides that, there was... nothing.. Empty and without a speck of dust. With the exception of the clouds emitted from Menopsis, there was just darkness..

Hmm.. Darkness..

With that notion alone, Zachrone began looking into itself. It needed to first learn of itself. It needed to search of anything interesting within itself before it could start introducing ideas and stuff out unto the black canvas. And there, within its own mind, were sparks of fascinating activities simultaneously happening as it thinks. Momentarily, it find itself at an awe.

So Zachrone started projecting these activity onto a portion of the void. Focusing first on creating an amethysts spark before its forehead and having it suspended there for all to see. Then, Zachrone created a web of almost invisible clouds as the platform for the spark to leap onto and randomly travel along. Zachrone reeled back and observed its first creation. Admittedly, it wasn't as fascinating as Zachrone have envisioned it but it still finds it somewhat quite amusing to watch.

Koekje

Menopsis was a form of energy, a thought that had no clear form or appearance. More of an abstract thing that moved about in the nothingness of the space around him. He didn't technically move, it was more in the idea of swimming as he moved about. He took several turns about his sneezeling Winx. It had been created and yet it was creating itself, forming itself first of all before turning to the task at hand. Interested at the way Minx presented herself, he emulated her and gave himself featureless and hairless head. His lips moved but the thoughts were implanted in Winx's being.

"What is this thing you speak of, a begin? Years? Explain to me, Winx."

While he waited on a response, Menopsis let his now bald and featureless head move about. He turned to his other, promising minions. Instead of their own appearance, they had chosen to focus them on the task at hand. He observed the movements and the following explosions of tiny fragments. No two were alike and, though small, Menopsis felt the boredom alleviate with a positive feeling he would later describe as curiosity and glee as he compared all the different sparks and things.

"Marvelous! Absolutely marvelous! I can't wait to experience more! Ooooh, and this? You, Zachrone was it, what is this you think of ... Amethyst? Tell me more! "

Menopsis, as he sturned himself to Zachrone and his brand new creation, he let himself move in between the clouds, dispersing them and watched the spark jump past him and repeat its actions. He tried to chase the spark but due to its randomness he couldn't follow it properly and had to restart.
He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

kongo

Winx, blew a kiss in the direction of Menopsis. "It seems, my lord, that you encompass many facets of reality at once," Winx said as she hopped off the stand where her cookoo clock was now ticking merrily along, and walked over to her master, "And in order to experience, to savor events as they unfold, you have created me." She courtsied, "I represent linear time, cause and effect, beginnings and endings."

"And if you will let me, you can even be surprised by your creations - Time is all about anticipation, that feeling that something is about to happen, but not knowing what that thing is. The very nature of your request when you created us."

"The beginning," she continued, adjusting her hair, now containing many braided segments, tipped with tiny hour glasses, "is that place in time where we started."

She paused, eyeing her master carefully as she pulled a long black pin from the mix of braids and strands of hair . She didn't know if he was testing her, or thought she had invented this concept. In the end it didn't really matter, the outcome would be the same. Didn't he remember how many times they had had this conversation before?

"So," she said drawing a line in the air with her pin, "one thing leads to the next and the next and the next," as she spoke she drew with the pin an image of a dark ball of goo. It expanded and exploded into many smaller blobs which expanded away from each other and then lit up like fireflys, they grouped together in colorful pinwheel shapes, spinning around each other. Some of the lights brightened, then winked out. Some ran into each other, forming new shapes. Then they all went dark.

Winx, smiled again at Menopsis, "And so my handsome Lord, we begin the dance again," she walked over to him and touched his face, "and as always, you lead." She winked...

Dys Astyr

In the Void things were beginning to take shape.

It is mesmerized for a while, watching the ticking clock and dancing light made by the others.

One thing most dazzled It, more than anything else. Sound. The Void was silence and emptiness, yet here clustered around Menopsis there was sound.

It wanted to add to the sounds too, the first attempt to fill the Void and the somewhat disappointing results quickly forgotten. It's amorphous being churned, then began to rotate. Slowly at first than gaining speed, spinning faster and faster. The movement draws It's being into a sphere. Soon a hum can be heard, then a jangle as strange, serpentine geometries are expelled from the spinning form. Each object resonates at a different frequency, forming an ethereal choir.

The spinning slows, coming almost to a stop. It's being retains a somewhat spheroid shape and continues to revolve at an almost imperceptible pace. Fluid appendages appeared to facilitate interacting with the new creations, the rest of It's being continuing to rotate without affecting the arms' positions. Slowly It began to gather some of the twisting shapes, studying each individually.

An ever shifting harmony began as It started to fit some of the shapes together, light reflecting from crystalline facets as tones merged and layered.
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Lord Zanicus

The various occurrences around Zachrone was starting to get quite distracting for It. It took another moment to study and register all the other activity. But first, It'd to give a reply to the Creator's question. It was confused. Admittedly then, Zachrone mentally stated that It'd no idea. Just something of a different hue to the darkness in the background, It thought.

Zachrone then observed how Menopsis began chasing after the light. Hmm... Interesting.

Looking over to Winx and her creations, Zachrone wondered if It could apply anything created from the other's work into Its own. It turned to the other entity and was fascinated at what It saw. And heard.

Caught in the moment, Zachrone failed to realise that It was the only being left that have yet to take a form now. Zachrone returned to Its own creation soon after. As It began focusing on the web of clouds, Zachrone willed it to expand into a more spherical shape. A globe. At the core, Zachrone conjured a couple more sparks from it, all of different tone. One followed a fixed path while another have none and of slightly slower pace, although it was given the task of chasing after another that'd entered within it's range.

Zachrone decided to expand and add or take away, on his creation instead of moving on to perhaps the next idea. It wanted a variety of interesting events happening simultaneously. It wanted to have more options. But all were to revolve around this very thing Zachrone have decided to invest his time on.

CupofJoe

Datex... What is this word? Is it my name? I think it may be. What is going on? There are living beings here? Why is it that they were so special to exist before me?

Something twinged in Datex. What is this? I am not happy, what is this feeling? Anger? I think that's what I will call it. If Datex was so unimportant, that it took this long to become, then why are the other's creations so special? Datex would prove that it wasn't worthless. Winx had tried creating something, something Datex did not understand. Perhaps Datex should help it? Maybe this will help, if Datex understood what it was trying to create.

Datex willed part of the void to become a solid point, and Datex expanded it. There was nothing there now, but Datex could feel that it was solid. I think I will call this Hell,
H: Hard
E: Ever-space
L: Lasting
L: Link

This would allow Winx a stable point in which to attach part of it's experiment to. If part of it's experiment threatened the rest of it's work, it could place it here. This would be a vast, seemingly endless place for anything to discard it's unsuccessful experiments, yet anything could also view these experiments. To learn from them, to make the experiments better the next try.

With such an exertion of power, Datex sighed. Whether this helps Winx, Datex did not know. But Datex was sure that someone would at least find this space a helpful place to study failed experiments.

kongo

"Datex," Winx cooed when she saw the being appear. She had been making something for her Lord, while she waited for his response. He could be such a brooder sometimes, she thought to herself, well, the both of them could.

She called out to Datex as she flew over to HELL, "Some good things take more time to make, but that just makes them oh so much better when they come forth."

She looked over the land below her. "Perfect, for my next creation," she poured something like black dust into a pile on the ground. "It was meant to glow but it didn't light," she considered, "I think we should call it dark matter. We can hide it in between the other particles to give them some extra oomph..."

CupofJoe

"That is an excellent idea Winx." Datex said approvingly. Though it was slightly confused. Did Winx just say 'she'? What is she? Datex shook it's head and pushed away the thought. Datex motioned for Zachrone to join it and Winx, "Zachrone, I saw you toying with something called Amethyst. It seemed to scatter randomly, without direction. Perhaps my creation would keep it stable, one solid point to keep the energies from completely scattering. Even if it doesn't help with what you are trying to do, maybe it will give you ideas for more experiments.

Datex enjoyed that it could potentially help the others, but that wasn't enough. It still felt unsatisfied. Then an idea dawned. What about a space for others to save their creations? The same concept as HELL, but others can view working experiments, and build on to them. So, it did the same thing that it did with hell. "Everyone, you can keep track of your successful experiments here, in heaven." Any successful experiment can be put in here, and no one is allowed to destroy a project in here. They are welcome to copy it, but can not remove, or destroy it.
H: Helpful
E: Experiments
A: And
V: Verified
E: Entity
N: Neutral-ground

kongo

"Nice bit of land there, love," Winx said as she gathered some of her experiments. "My coo-coo needs a place to stay, maybe a tower or an obelisk," she whipped up some dark matter into a large-black column and inserted her clock into it. The coo-coo could be heard faintly, "coo-coo?"

"Not to worry, you have plenty to do in there, get to it," Winx's voice was mild but firm. The obelisk began to glow slightly. "That's more like it," she said approvingly.

"Oh and Datex," she said looking over and arching an eyebrow, "my ways may seem strange, but remember, I borrow things from all up and down this domain I call time." She turned and gestured to the obelisk, "This will help time keep a rythmn for the universe to follow." She opened a compartment at the bottom of the tower. "And sometimes," she smiled holding up a small white star-shaped object, "it makes eggs."

kongo

Winx floated over to another area and began planting the eggs into the ground. She pushed them below the surface and watered them with a large watering can full of the purple sloop. Winx nodded approvingly as they started humming to each other, "Very good," she cooed, "keep growing until you have your own story to tell." She looked over to some of the other areas, "I think I should go on some more visits," she said as she put on a travelling outfit making her look a bit like little purple riding hood...

kongo

"There seems to be a lot of goop here," Winx lamented, looking over the large glob floating before her. She maneuvered over to the glob and scooped up a handful, turning it into a large winged snake. It had golden scales and white, membranous wings. It hissed at Winx, looking her over with its glittering, emerald colored eyes. "I'll call you 'Alphie'."

Alphie stuck her tongue out at Winx and flew around the glob, testing her wings. Winx moved on, heading toward a larger plain, created by one of the others. Alphie flew along behind her, looking for something to eat...

kongo

Alphie was bored. He/she/it was perching on a lamp-like structure of purple goo, making zurbert noises periodically as other globules floated by. The zurberts would blow the blobs into each other, where some combined into multi-colored balls of flem with a satisfying sucking noise. Nearby, Winx rolled her eyes, but continuing to focus on her latest project, and improvement on suns - same principle but they were less prone to exploding or in other ways wrecking their systems. She called them “dots”...Now it was Alphie’s turn to eye-roll...