Spin the bottle game (Closed for now, pending a couple of outsanding characters)

Started by Chrystal, October 07, 2013, 10:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on October 09, 2013, 06:10:21 PM
Just a small question to Chrystal:

Why did you stop at nine characters? Uneven numbers can often be a pain in the ass. It is your decision to make of course, it's just something I've noticed over my time of roleplaying, not only here, but other places as well.

I stopped at nine due to "petrol pump syndrome". You know how when you are filling your car at the pump and you want to put in exactly £20.00, and you are at 19.85, and slowly squeezing the trigger and it is creaping up to 19.90, 19.91, 19.92, 19.94, 19.95, 19.96, 19.98, and at that moment there is a shout from across the street and you turn to look out of instinct and when you turn back the pump is reading 20.03?

Well I had actually intended to stop at eight, but Zillah had already submitted her character by PM and Aurelie had already said she was going to submit one, when I got home from work yesterday

Besides, nine is a nice round number. Three threes! It's prime numbers that need to be avoided in these things, because you always end up with someone left out!

Sorry I didn't get the OOC thread open last night. I got distracted. Will do it now.

By the way, I'm putting the game in Extreme, purely to allow extreme play if such is desired by the players. That doesn't mean we have to indulge in extreme play, okay?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Ember Star

I can totally see watersports coming into play here *whistles innocently*
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Zillah

Quote from: Chrystal on October 10, 2013, 02:31:01 PM
Well I had actually intended to stop at eight, but Zillah had already submitted her character by PM and Aurelie had already said she was going to submit one, when I got home from work yesterday

Oh, sure, blame *me* .... ::)

Quote from: Ember Star on October 09, 2013, 06:09:24 PM
That thought didn't even occurre to me. LOL. Though (at least in the US) lotteries usually don't get much over 400mil, even for the super mega ones.

Well, even a $400 million dollar winner in the U.S. doesn't really get that much ... though it's still a lot, I'd certainly take ! ::) Whenever you hear or read a lottery prize number like that, it's the value of a 30-year annuity. Most winners take a lump sum of cash, rather than get paid out over thirty years, which is the smart move - but the value of that lump sum is usually about half of the annuity amount. And after Federal taxes, that amount gets halved again. (And that's assuming only one winner!)

There's also an amazing track record of lottery winners in this country who find themselves in financial ruin within a couple of years after winning, but that's a whole 'nother story. :)

Chrystal

Right...

the OOC thread is open

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=187286.0

Please read the first post, skip the second post, and let me know your thoughts on the game mechanic (five options listed)

Character Thread will follow. Just for once I'm going to let you all post your own characters...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

And the character thread is open

Please post all approved characters there.

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Chrystal on October 10, 2013, 02:31:01 PM
By the way, I'm putting the game in Extreme, purely to allow extreme play if such is desired by the players. That doesn't mean we have to indulge in extreme play, okay?

I hope we shall indulge!