Player Seeking DM For Moderate/High Level 3.5 Game

Started by GravinHeart, July 30, 2011, 04:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GravinHeart

I'm guessing this is somewhat unusual, a player looking for a DM instead of a DM looking for players. But, I'm currently running two games, one normal, one Evil (Both closed, sadly), and I'd really like to be a player again for a while. Plus, I've never played a Wizard past level 5 or so. I'd like, for once, to be the big bad Arcanist with the head stuffed full of spells. I'm looking for a DM to run a game for a party of 4, with me as the Wizard. Level 10+ preferably. I don't have anybody picked out for the other three, so I'd leave that to whoever was willing to run to figure out. Other details, such as stat generation, are negotiable.

Ixy

I hope you find what you're looking for.  Maybe you would find it beneficial to suggest a setting?  I'm still interested in finding one more active game.

PhantomPistoleer

I would also want to play.  GMing?  Thankless job.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ixy

I am really enjoying the one game I'm running, but it's only L3.  My biggest problem is my limited knowledge of mechanics... I wouldn't dare run a high-level game by myself because I wouldn't be able to keep the mechanics correct, make appropriate-powered antagonists, etc.  The part that I love is the setting description, the story-building, and taking the combat results and turning them into a descriptive scene one step at a time.  I could collaborate with a rules-strong GM who just gets bored with that part.  :)  But I'd really prefer to play, if the group's right.

Amide

It's been years since I last played D&D so I'd actually be interested in playing...

DMing... I'm not sure.  I haven't ever done it via a forum and its been a while since the last time I did it.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ixy on July 31, 2011, 08:14:15 AM
I am really enjoying the one game I'm running, but it's only L3.  My biggest problem is my limited knowledge of mechanics... I wouldn't dare run a high-level game by myself because I wouldn't be able to keep the mechanics correct, make appropriate-powered antagonists, etc.  The part that I love is the setting description, the story-building, and taking the combat results and turning them into a descriptive scene one step at a time.  I could collaborate with a rules-strong GM who just gets bored with that part.  :)  But I'd really prefer to play, if the group's right.

Do you mean to tell me you started a game and didn't invite me?  I thought we were pals!  ;)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ixy

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 31, 2011, 06:59:43 PM
Do you mean to tell me you started a game and didn't invite me?  I thought we were pals!  ;)

Hm, good point.  I'm not sure how that happened... I might room for one more in the next week or so, though, and will be introducing a new NPC on the next leg... drop me a line.

GravinHeart

Well, nice to see there are potential other players anyway. :)

NicciKotor

I have a DM coming into elliquiy soon enough, maybe tomorrow. He is going to run a level 6 game in Calimport.

Naturally I will be there in the game, as it will be pathfinder as well. The moral of the story being that if you want DMs, it would be best to search them out and hunt them down in other social sites and programs.

I am currently running 3 games myself here in elliquiy, and it is only thankless if you structure yourself wrong. The best way to stay sane as a DM is to mess with your players with surprises and shocks and explosions.

Also the difficulty goes way down when using gametable and exporting the maps here.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Laughing Hyena

NicciKotor

bkrose

OK, boys and girls.

I'm a DM with more than 20 years of experience, and a horde of content I've been working on for the past 4 or so.  I've been looking desperately for a group of players who can write with some talent, role play (as opposed to roll play), and who are not squeamish about SEX!  I am hoping I can find a handful of qualified candidates here in this forum.

So... here's the deal.  Lets start at 6th level... that will make it challenging without being too over powered.  The game will be centered in my favorite place on the whole planet... Sharn, the City of Towers, but it will range all over the known world.  You can expect sex, violence, adult language, sex, adult themes, mystery, sex, intrigue, ... and did I mention sex?

36 Point Buy, 6,000gp for equipment, and special favor will be given to those with Eberron experience, though I will definitely take enthusiastic newbies.

So... I know this isn't much to go on, and I'll put together a much more comprehensive introduction for molding your characters, but I'd like to get some indication of interest. for such a game.

Matthew

Sounds rather interesting... My familiarity with Ebberon is only so-so, but I've played a lot of Greyhawk and custom setting based D&D, and I do like the idea of some role play and, um, the other stuff ::)

I'd probobly lean towards a caster-y mage/wizard type, though I'll have to look over the creation details (As well as some ebberon details)

NicciKotor

Can always count me in for a healing class. I always do love making adorable nerdy priestesses that are just useless in fights and just heal and buff like mad from the sidelines. My familiarity with ebberon is meh and lackluster as well, as this could help me alot get used to the scenery.

6000 starting gold for level 6 should be interesting. Is this going to be a low magic level game?

ulthakptah

Oh boy, oh boy, 3.5 is my personal favorite. I could fill just about any role left open. However I have some questions about what all I can use for character making. Like which books/magazines from wizards of the coast are fair game for races, classes, feats, ect.

NicciKotor

Going with oracle and knowledge domain myself. Using the spell compendium for this, as my deity is Aureon.

I do need help finding a nerdy girl picture for myself.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: bkrose on August 02, 2011, 09:24:28 PM
OK, boys and girls.

I'm a DM with more than 20 years of experience, and a horde of content I've been working on for the past 4 or so.  I've been looking desperately for a group of players who can write with some talent, role play (as opposed to roll play), and who are not squeamish about SEX!  I am hoping I can find a handful of qualified candidates here in this forum.

So... here's the deal.  Lets start at 6th level... that will make it challenging without being too over powered.  The game will be centered in my favorite place on the whole planet... Sharn, the City of Towers, but it will range all over the known world.  You can expect sex, violence, adult language, sex, adult themes, mystery, sex, intrigue, ... and did I mention sex?

36 Point Buy, 6,000gp for equipment, and special favor will be given to those with Eberron experience, though I will definitely take enthusiastic newbies.

So... I know this isn't much to go on, and I'll put together a much more comprehensive introduction for molding your characters, but I'd like to get some indication of interest. for such a game.

I am interested.  I want to play as an artificer.  :o  Can I build my things at character creation?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

NicciKotor

Laughing Hyena

I'll go ahead and roll up a fighter with gusto.... On second thought thats too generic this time. Im going with a dragon disciple. Just to make the character stand out a touch more and not be so... generic.

Taaloc

Quote from: bkrose on August 02, 2011, 09:24:28 PM
OK, boys and girls.

I love me some Eberron and I love me some D&D 3.5, so I am showing some serious interest for this.

I'm thinking something Ranger-y, but was wondering if you had any limits on sources and such?

Matthew

Playing around a bit with character creation now, probably as a halfling rogue.

Ixy

Quote from: Ershin on August 03, 2011, 02:28:22 AM
Mind if I ask if you'll be recruiting first-come-first-serve or if you'll be picking a number of players from a group of applicants? Just asking because I'm sure this'll fill up pretty quickly and I've got work to go to, and won't be able to make an application for a number of hours.
Also, what books might be allowed? I've got some ideas floating about in my head for a Psion (XPH) or a Factotum (Dungeonscape) that can be adapted to Eberron, but I know a lot of people dislike Psionics, and not everyone has access to Dungeonscape.

Same questions here.

Kate

I would love to be part of this if

a) Others dont mind if i play a futarani / hermaphroditic character
b) That fights are fast and furious - ie we state our intentions - and the gm godmodes the outcome for that "chapter" blow by blow stuff that goes on for ages for fights really takes the fun of action out of it in my mind.

.. if all are cool with that i will create one :)

bkrose

Wow!

OK, so I guess some interest then?

Let me try to answer some of the many questions thrown my way thus far.

First off, I'm going to run this game as PBEM, probably through Yahoo groups.

Next about races/classes: All's fair in love and Eberron.  If you have something you really want to play, let me have the details and I'll work on it with you.  Just keep in mind that gigantic half monsters with scales and horns, little folk who come up to most people's knees, or sexless warforged... probably won't have much to do when the sex scenes start to happen.

Psionics: LOVE THEM!  Nuff said.

The game is actually going to be rather heavy on magic, as is typical of Eberron, but having hordes of very expensive magic is something I tend to avoid... thus the reduced GP for equipment.  It's enough to get creative with your stuff, but not so much that you get greedy with it either.  However, in the interest of allowing at least a +2 weapon, I'll up the limit to 9,000 gp for starting equipment instead of 6,000.

Characters with Item Creation Feats can buy items they would be able to make for themselves at cost (so scrolls would be half price for wizards with Scribe Scroll, provided the spell on the scroll is also in their spell book.)  Custom items are totally cool as well.  If you want to make yourself a pair of goggles that let you read magic, have at it.  Just follow the item creation rules and make the associated price in line with the item.

I tend to have Role Play heavy games with just enough combat and dice rolling to keep it interesting.  I'm all for speeding up combat, but I would like character who have a wide variety of things they could do (like spell casters) to have the flexibility to make adjustments to their actions round by round... provided they post quickly so we're not taking days and days to resolve a 4 round fight scene.

I will be evaluating players and their character submissions and selecting only a few based on which ones will work best.  That being said, I might take as few as 4 and as many as 6  players.  Any more, and I tend to get lost in all the clatter.

OK, so that's it for now.  Email me your character ideas, character sheets, descriptions, etc... and have some fun with the backgrounds so I can both get some idea of how you plan to play the character, and how well you write.

Any other questions, let me have em here.  :)

Kate

Can we play creatures eg a dragon with a level adjustment ?