Operation House of the Rising Sun ( Sci-fi Military RP) Check First Post!!!

Started by Cal1496, November 13, 2011, 03:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal1496

Hey all, I am looking to start a free form sci-fi military RP drawing from a lot of different types of canons to make our own kinda world where we can have fun as a group of soldiers fighting against the big bad odds.  Two main ones I wanna draw from are Starship Troopers (love it or leave!) and the Imperial Guard of Warhammer 40K.  And the only things I really wanna do is have the Imperial Guard name with Starshiptroopers tech.  Because bullets are more fun than lazers people.  Battlestar Galactica proved that.  Ya I went there.

What I don't want is what seems to happen in a lot of 40K games is people get caught up in the tech, the rules and how awesome and unbeatable their character can be.  That isn't what I want this to be.  I want this to be the story of a unit, or multiple units of soldiers, being thrown into a shitty ass situation by the higher ups day after day.  And having to try and get out of it alive.  And sometimes folks, you won't.

With all that said this is basically how the RP will start.  Your character(s) is en-route on an Imperial Transport Ship to the planet Hamilia.  It is a former colony world of the Empire and has been occupied by...I don't know yet?  You guys want to fight space orcs, Alien, giant bugs, we'll brain storm this.  Either way you are on your way there when the ship is impacted by a multiple number of smaller ones which are pack full of boarding parties.  First mission, assist in clearing the ship of all enemy units.

So that about it.  I know there will be a lot of questions so feel free to ask, just know that things will not be all that technical.  Your assault rifle will just be an assault rifle.  Shotgun is a shotgun.  You can have a grenade launcher and that you guessed it!  Is a freaking grenade launcher.  The specific type that maybe gives you a better bullet speed or some such thing will not help you hit your target in this RP.  Good writing, thoughtful writing about what these people are going through and how they are doing it, will.

Looking for 5-6 people including myself to get started, but will except more for sure. 

Post here, let's get started.

Link to RP

Link to OOC

A summery thus far of the RP as provide by Joslyn!

Quote from: Joslyn on August 12, 2012, 10:02:44 AM

The story started earlier today aboard the Roger Young, a troop transport, with a new platoon composed of a mix of combat veterans and new recruits. The ship was in space on the way to reinforce an imperial planet being attacked by "orcs" (big, ugly, stupid, and primitive aliens who use organic technology of mysterious origins). LT Warren was assigned to take charge of this platoon in 206th Mobile Infantry which has some maladjusted soldiers:

SFC Kerry Paige, Platoon Sergreant (played by Chrystal), is a good NCO but has had a lot of trouble playing nice with officers.

PVT Sarah Tanaka, Medic (played by Joslyn), is serving only to escape life imprisonment for non-violent protest against the oppressive Empire.

PFC Leonard Church, Point Man (played by Cal), is an experienced soldier who is serving reluctantly.

PVT Jennifer Daniso, Grenadier (played by Cal), is a former drug addict convicted of murder (though that is not yet common knowledge in the platoon).

PVT Rosie Gullins, CommTech (played by Chrystal), originally was part of the Roger Young crew but was rescued by Paige (see below).

(Not technically part of the platoon)

Citizen Kara Reinfeldt, Political Officer of the 206th (played by Joslyn), is an Imperial fanatic constantly looking for signs of treason for the Propaganda Department. PD is feared and hated by many and its officers exist in a nebulous position outside the normal chain of command.

Before the Roger Young could reach its destination it was attacked and boarded by orcs. Warren organized the defence of his deck and sent Paige to reinforce the bridge. Tanaka occupied an inactive secondary infirmary to deal with all the wounded. Church and Daniso were involved in the destruction of alien boarding craft and (unbeknowst to the rest of a platoon) killed a corporal who went crazy and unfairly blamed them for the death of the squad leader.

Paige encountered heavy resistance, and by the time she reached the bridge the only survivor there was Gullins, who would later decide to join the platoon. More alien boarding craft were approaching and Paige made the decision to abandon ship and set it to self-destruct. Paige and her soldiers fought their way to an alien boarding craft and took it over. Everyone else got to escape pods.

All the Roger Young survivors were rescued by the destroyer Kidd, a Commonwealth warship (the Commonwealth is a client state under the thumb of the Empire) which will ferry them to their original destination. Things are very overcrowded and the platoon is occupying a galley to live in for the trip.

Since the arrival on the Kidd new soldiers as being transferred into the platoon to bring it back up to strength (these are the new players). These soldiers are survivors of other units aboard the Roger Young that have been disbanded because there were so few survivors.

Events in the galley so far new characters may have witnessed:

Some water was brought in so the soldiers could bathe. Church punched a very large German soldier who groped Tanaka while she was nude and trying to wash up. Daniso broke up the altercation before the German and his friends could beat the shit out of Church by aiming her gun at them. Church, Tanaka, and Daniso were all seen to leave the galley together (Tanaka has since returned).

A young man, Private Key (NPC not currently played by anyone), fled the galley and was arrested after a contraband search by Citizen Reinfeldt found an illegal politcal treatise among his belongings.

(There is a lot of other stuff that has happened that would not be common knowledge, such as some behind the scenes political maneuvering that is leading to Tanaka being promoted and the fact that Reinfeldt was taking sexual advantage of a drugged up Gullins and has just been caught by Paige).

Joslyn

This definitely sounds like it could be a fascinating game. I'm only vaguely familiar with warhammer, but I enjoyed both the Starship Troopers novel (which was excellent aside from the ideology of the characters) and the movie (which was a bit campy but very fun).

I have an idea for a character, which I could expand upon if you think it would work. Basically, my character would be a young doctor who was arrested for protesting against the government (I'm assuming the government is going to be fairly repressive, if not I could make her crime more subversive). She was then given the choice of spending her life as a political prisoner or serving in the military for a long time. After choosing the latter she was trained as a combat medic. I see her as relatively new--either she has yet to go on her first combat mission, or perhaps she's already been in her unit for a few months.

I think her background might make for some interesting tension between her and any more nationalistic soldiers who would probably have contempt for her anti-authoritarian views.

I'm also curious about the tech level in the setting. Are the soldiers enchanced by cybernetics or genetic engineering? I figure at the very least there should be some sort of combat suit to enhance strength and protect from the environment, seeing as how the modern military IRL is already working on that sort of stuff.

Cal1496

Sounds like a great character, especially in that she is the medic.  So ya people might be bad mouthing her, then they get shot and she's the first person they want to see lol

But ya, the Imperium is rather oppressive.  And in fact when she was at the protest she likely would have seen people getting shot.  With both rubber and live ammunitions.  Depends on who happened to be in charge that day and whether or not they got their coffee.  And no there wouldn't be a court martial or anything for shooting on civilians.  They were "Disturbing the Peace."  Gotta love that PR line.

As for cybernetics and genetic engineering, yes it certainly does exist, but it is also very expensive.  The Imperium only funds programs where they have the best of the best as candidates.  And frankly that won't be our characters.  They won't be supersoldiers, they will essentially be canon fodder.  Send us in to test the enemy, then bring in the guys who are genetically engineered to kick some ass and take names.  Same idea for combat suits.  We'll have standard ballistic vests that will stop your average round...Maybe.  For in the great words of Lucius Fox, "The higher up's didn't think a soldiers life was worth 300 grand."  And the suits the genetic boys will be wearing will be worth way more than that!  Like way more!

At the same time Imperium likes a return on its investments, even the small ones towards the common canon fodder soldier.  So if you character looses an eye, an arm or leg, the Imperium might flip the bill for one that will keep you combat effective.  Might even get some perks if you can pay the medical engineer enough coin for upgraded strength in said arm.  Though it won't be so much so that you can lift a tank.  A cybernetic arm would make you stronger in arm wrestle, but nothing like ripping off limbs or anything.  Just that extra advantage you sometimes need.

Chrystal

Count me in. I love Sci-Fi military.

Question:

Are you planning on using the tech from the film or from the excellent and totally awesome book by Heinlein? If the former, that's ok, but I'd much prefer the book! (The film is actually so far from the book that they can barely justify calling it by the same name! Don't get me wrong, it's a great film, and if Heinlein had not written the book first I would have no issue with it whatever. I just don't see how they can justify saying it is based on Heinlein's book when it is so different! ST2 was actually a better film IMO because it makes no pretence to be based on the book!)

Hmm.... just read your answer to Joslyn. Okay, so I'm guessing we are talking the movie tech? I too amd only passingly familiar with Warhammer.

Lasers as weapons = FAIL! A single shot weapon that requires a battery pack the size of an average back pack and weighs 100kg, that can be turned back on it's user by a reflective surface? Come on! I refuse to allow lasers as weapons in any of my sci-fi stories. :)

Quote from: Cal1496 on November 14, 2011, 12:29:34 PM
But ya, the Imperium is rather oppressive.  And in fact when she was at the protest she likely would have seen people getting shot.  With both rubber and live ammunitions.  Depends on who happened to be in charge that day and whether or not they got their coffee.  And no there wouldn't be a court martial or anything for shooting on civilians.  They were "Disturbing the Peace."  Gotta love that PR line.

If you read the book (and it's alluded to in both films) there would be no court-martial for shooting civilians, because civilians are not citizens. Only veterans are citizens and have the right to vote.

If a vet were in the protest and was shot, that would be a court-martial offence, but in practice no vet would be seen dead in a protest because they would have more sense!

The Imperium signs anyone up for service. If that person is a qualified pilot they get to fly ships. If that person has no legs and one arm they would be given a job pushing a button. The vast majority go into the Mobile Infantry! And "Service Guarantees Citizenship".

Basic training is designed to wash out the ones who - like the guy with no legs and one arm - really shouldn't be there. Go AWOL during basic, the Imperium will not waste any resources tracking you down. But you don't get your citizenship!

Anyway, enough stuff....

So, yeah, great idea. Who are we fighting? Not that it matters, I just want to know what we refer to them as...

If it's okay with you, Cal, I'd love to create a rather grizzled female sergeant. She's a survivor, and (unless you have other plans) is the one who really runs the squad, deferring to the lieutenant only when absolutely necessary. Rather like a female version of Clint Eastwood's character Gunny Highway in the film "Heartbreak Ridge".

She also has the damnedest luck, and will walk away from a shuttle crash with a sprained wrist, for example. This is part of how she has survived for so long. The reason she is in the squad is because she has absolutely NO respect for officers.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Joslyn

Here's a character sheet I came up with, I also made up a few minor setting details here and there. Let me know if anything here does not fit the setting or otherwise doesn't work.

---

Name:      Sarah Tanaka
Role:      MT1 (Med Tech, First Class)
Height:    5'6" (168 cm)
Weight:    115 lbs. (52 kg)

Summary

A former doctor and political agitator, Private Tanaka was brought in through the Prisoner Enlistment Service and is therefore not currently eligible for promotion. She was convicted of felony subversion and shows no remorse for participating in anti-government protests. Her stated reason for opting into the PES was to continue practicing medicine.

Despite the shortage of doctors in our combat support hospitals and the subject’s obvious qualifications, it is not recommended that she be employed in this role due to political and security liabilities. Going forward, her activities and those of any current or former associates should be watched closely.

Education

New Boston Memorial, completed at age 15.
Imperial University at New Boston, Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, completed at age 19.
Harvard Medical School, completed at age 23.
Mass General, internship and residency in Internal Medicine and Surgery, completed at age 25.

Service Record

PES Boot Camp
MT1 Certification

Psych Profile

The subject is extremely intelligent, and completed her education at an accelerated rate. Despite some tendencies toward introversion, she was well liked by most of her peers at Mass General. Doctors with decades of experience were known to go to her for help with diagnosing patients.

Her parents, Richard and Keiko Tanaka, have been investigated thoroughly. Despite having lived most of their lives in relative poverty, they test as loyal to the government. It is likely the subject’s initial exposure to subversive materials came about due to her excessive level of curiosity.

Her treasonous lack of respect for political and economic authority stems from her obsession with helping the lower class of society. This manifested in the form of excessive time spent working in a free clinic before finally leading her to illegal associations with anti-government and anti-capitalist groups.

The subject’s acceptance into PES is based on her passion for practicing medicine and firm conviction that patients should be treated with no regard to political considerations—she may despise everything a well-adjusted citizen holds dear, but she is able to put this aside for her work. That said, it would be inadvisable to test this attitude by putting the lives of any high ranking officers or officials in her hands.

MT1 Standard Equipment

Uniform
Comm
Infantry Protection (Level 1, flak jacket and helmet)
Infantry Supplies (Standard issue)
ImpMed Aid Kit (Type V)
9mm pistol (Standard issue)
TF-3 assault rifle

Chrystal

Wow. I love the character! Isn't it funny how some ideas you wish you'd had yourself?

Going to have to work on mine. That's actually a pretty good charsheet format, too. Hope you don't mind if I copy it? Also hope Cal likes it.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Joslyn

Quote from: Chrystal on November 14, 2011, 03:13:18 PM
Wow. I love the character! Isn't it funny how some ideas you wish you'd had yourself?

Going to have to work on mine. That's actually a pretty good charsheet format, too. Hope you don't mind if I copy it? Also hope Cal likes it.

Thanks. :) As long as Cal is fine with the character sheet format, I think it should be fine for everyone to use it.

I figure most of the other characters will be more heavily armed than Sarah due to her being a medic--RPGs, machine guns, all that fun stuff.

I also thought we could use US Army ranks unless our GM has something else in mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Army_enlisted_rank_insignia

EDIT: Added img suggestion, thanks Chrystal. :)

Character Sheet:
[float=right][img height=300 padding=5][/img][/float][tt]
[b]Name:[/b]     
[b]Rank:[/b]     
[b]Role:[/b]     
[b]Age:[/b]       
[b]Height:[/b]   
[b]Weight:[/b]   
[/tt]
[b]Summary[/b]

[b]Education[/b]

[b]Service Record[/b]

[b]Psych Profile[/b]

[b]Equipment[/b]

Uniform
Comm

Chrystal

Thanks. By the way, it helps if you add height and padding parameters to the img tag, like so:

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5][/img][/float]

The former keeps the pic from being too big - click on it and it goes to full size. The latter keeps a gap all around the pic and makes text more legible.

Chrystal

Name:      Kerry Paige 
Role:      Platoon Sergeant
Height:    5'8" (173cm)
Weight:    161Lbs (73kg)

Summary

Paige enlisted at age 18 straight out of high school. She turned Career soldier at 21. She has served with merit in several conflicts, and has advanced slowly through the ranks. Her slow rise is undoubtedly due to several poor fitness for promotion reports which were no doubt prompted by her lack of respect for those placed in command over her.

Paige is an able soldier and a good leader, but seems to think that she can run the army better than anyone else. This would not be such a problem if she were not also vociferous of her opinions. She also has something of a temper, having been involved in a number of off-base "incidents" before the outbreak of the present hostilities. If she were better able to control these latter two flaws, she would have been considered for promotion to officer, years ago. As it stands, she is unlikely to rise further.

Education

Bristol High School for Girls, England

Service Record

Enlisted age 18
Catterick Garrison Boot Camp
Martian Training Facility
102nd Light Infantry
Disciplinary hearing, no action taken
Promotion to PFC
Promotion to Corporal
Wounded in action - Purple Heart
234th Mechanised Infantry
Promotion to Sergeant
22nd Supply Batallion
Promotion to Staff Sergeant
Disciplinary hearing, no action taken.
Busted to Sergeant for insubordination
101st Airmobile Infantry
Promotion to Staff Sergeant.
Promotion to First Sergeant.

Psych Profile

First Sergeant Paige presents quite a conundrum. In peace time and during periods of R&R she exhibits the characteristics of someone with low intelligence. She is unstable and short tempered, with a propensity to speak before thinking. However in combat, she is cool, calm and stable. She has received several citations for bravery under fire, but according to the reports she is never reckless. She always puts the welfare of those under her command first. This has resulted in some of the incidents which have been the cause of her being passed over for promotion on several occasions, and in one case even demoted.

Her inability to control her outspokenness in front of officers - especially senior officers - has resulted in numerous disciplinary hearings. In most cases no action was taken against her because her words, while inappropriate, were generally correct! To quote Brigadier General Princeton-Scott: "The man is indeed a horses ass, Corporal Paige, but you should not have called him it to his face!"

Paige has exhibited a sexual preference for women and while this is not an offence, it has kept her under a certain amount of scrutiny. She has on rare occasions exhibited a tendency to be protective towards the other women in her unit and potentially hostile toward the men.

Equipment

Uniform
Comm
Kalashnikov AK902 "Muchitel" assault rifle ("Mauler") with M301 Grenade Launcher.

Joslyn

With such a badass sergeant, I'd say our characters' odds of surviving their cannon fodder jobs just rose from "abysmal" to "poor."  :P  ;D

Chrystal

Anyone seen the LT around? (as in Cal, assuming he is planning on leading this motley crew himself)

I've got us a squad leader: (PFC to you Yanks, Lance Corporal to anyone from this side of the pond!)

She's going to modify an existing character she has.

Also, where's all the guys? Come on, guys, so far there's three girls and an officer!

Cal1496

Bah, sorry all.  Stupid thing called making a living got in the way.  Got home yesterday and just flopped right out on the couch.  Didn't even turn on the tv lol

The profiles are great for one, thank you Joslyn for that, really couldn't have done any better myself with the layout.  And as said, both characters are absolutely great!

Chyustal to answer the questions in your first post, we will be going more by the movie as I have not read the book.  I know, I know sin against God but I don't wanna ruin the movie!  And the book always ruins the movie because it is better! Lol  That being said we will not be sticking strictly too the canon of the movie.  The Imperium we will be playing in is one that is flexiable and that we can change and manipulate to suit our characters and what we want to do with them.  Perfect example, Joslyn's use of New Boston.  feel entirely free to make things up like that.  A character like yours could site a plathera of battlefields she's been on.  Oh and one thing about your profile Chrystal is the peace time thing.  The Imperium does not have peace time.  Always some ugly alien to shoot...And lacking that filthy hippies.  No offense Joslyn lol

As for the ranks I was going to use Canadian Armed Forces but the US Army is fine and likely more familiar to people.  Not that the Canadian is much different really.  And as long as we don't use anything from the Navy I am fine with it.  Ya I went there!  The Navy can suck it!

Kidding!  ;D...But seriously.

And ya, to be honest I was somewhat afraid this would be all guys.  And not a single frakking one, I mean really.  Oh and don't afraid to have for more than one character, very much incouraged, especially if we are going to have only four people.

Cal1496

Name: Joseph Warren     
Role: Platoon CO     
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 187 lbs

Summary

Born on planet Numera, enlisted in militia at age 22 during Biyoneece Excursion and formally joined The Empire at  age 26 as a Corporal.  Since joining the Empire Joseph has served in a number of combat fields both as an NCO and after his battlefield commission and following hearing, an Officer.  In either case he has served with distinction and courage.  He has received a few metals for his services and continues to operate in the field.  The only trouble with Lieutenant Warren as sighted by the Propaganda Department is his lack to further the ideal's and principles of the Empire to his soldiers.  Which is basically a fancy way to say that he doesn't shove brain washing crap the camp radio bumps out down his soldier’s throat.  He believes in the Empire and serves it loyally with pleasure.  But he is not the fanatic that those in the Propaganda Department want officers to be.  He gets his soldiers in and out of the situation as fast as possible while completing all mission objectives.

Education

Logan Hirst High School

Service Record

Enlisted via Foreign Assimilation as Sergeant
Conversion Training Fort Benson
113th Advanced Infantry
Battlefield Commission Second Lieutenant
Formal Commission First Lieutenant
206th Mobile Infantry Post

Psych Profile

A capable leader, high success of mission objectives.  Higher than average survival rating of soldiers under command.  Poor Propaganda ratings, not recommended for recruitment of any sort.  Strictly field officer.  Zero concern of threat against higher ranked officers and staff.  A lifer.

Equipment

Uniform
Comm (Advanced CM Link)
Infantry Protection (Level 2, ballistic vest and helmet)
C8SFW Assault Rifle with Heckler & Koch AG-C/GLM Grenade Launcher
Colt Detective Special Revolver

Writersblockade

*smiles* I owe Chrystal an RP, and I do so love a military romp. I can make a machine gunner! Lay those nice, expensive sheets of lead I love to call suppression fire.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Le Immortelle

Name: Vic Stern
Role: Squad Leader
Weight: 184 lbs

Summary

Vic was born in a military family, her father being part of the force and grew up in an environment filled with that. Ever since her childhood she wanted nothing more than to be a part of the force and kick some serious butt. A wildchild since her young age, she had numerous troubles due to her rebellious attitude, often landing in trouble with the authorities because she was more interested with breaking the rules than bothering to follow them like a sheep. That was something which also led to numerous clashes between her and her parents and eventually she moved out and enlisted the very moment she finished up the school. Her record at the academy was an excellent one as far as the progress was concerned, but was also marred with her personal problems involving hazing, constant fighting with others and substance abuse.

But due to her exceptionally high potential which she had shown multiple times, she was brought in the field eventually and has went on numerous difficult operations, tackling them with ease and always willing to fight till the last breath and to protect her fellow soldiers. Fearless, and though is hard to get along with unless you win her trust, she has respect and admiration of people who she works with.

Education

Brookes High School for Girls

Service Record

Enlisted at age 18.
Austin Boot Camp
102nd Light Infantry
Nearly got busted when sitting stoned on duty out of boredom.
Successful mission to Phobos.
Promotion denied due to stubborn behavior and insubordination sent on her next mission as punishment.
101st Mobile Infantry

Psych Profile

Vic is the definition of the word tough and being a woman has had to fight against the odds to reach where she is today. A rather unconventional woman by any standards, she's known to be the center of the attention wherever she goes due to her masculine build. A tomboy since as long as she could remember, she has always considered herself to be one of the boys and thoroughly enjoys acting like one. She has a bit of an ego and doesn't trust anyone easily after going on some pretty dangerous missions in the past, however once you gain her trust she won't mind putting her life in the line of fire to save you. Has a dry and sarcastic sense of humour.

Equipment

Uniform
Comm
Standard 9mm Pistol
FN-STORM-L Assault Rifle
Knife in boots

Chrystal

Hey LT, welcome back. (Hope you don't mind me calling you LT. It's what everyone is going to call you in character, so you might as well get used to it!)

Just so you know:

Amazon and I go a way back and have something between 15 and 20 RPs running together, depending on whether you count group games or not! I invited her in after posting my character.

Because I know the sort of dynamic we are going to have with me as her superior, I suggested that our characters should already know each other and have already saved each other's arses at least once - in fact the reason Kerry got busted down from SSgt was because she took the flack for Vic one time.

I'm thinking, the moment the two of them find themselves together on this "suicide" mission, Kerry is going to insist that the LT give Vic a stripe, and make her a squad leader - hence the role Amz put on her char sheet.

Hi WB, long time no see. You do indeed owe me a RP. You're welcome to post in that three-way we had going if you want!

EDIT to add:

This RP would work just fine with five or six players who were willing to stick it out to the end.

They would basically be the survivors - the ones who made it out alive.

Of course, more players would be cool. My experience of group RPs is that you loose half within the first few weeks of posting. This is not a problem, in this RP.

I suggest that we flesh the platoon out with NPCs that can be controlled by any player but generally don't say much... In star-trek terms, we are talking "red-shirts"! Basically, cannon-fodder. We all know they are going to die, it's just a matter of when and how!

Any players that drop out, their characters become NPCs and get eliminated in the same way...

In fact, it would work perfectly will with just two or three players left at the end!

Joslyn

Now that we've got some people, I was thinking it might be fun to have an in-character "off duty" thread so that we can start establishing how our characters get along before the game formally starts.

I'm not particular about which category the game goes in, though I suppose I'd prefer bondage or nc.

I like our two new additions to the platoon, btw. ^_^ also love the Vasquez picture, she was awesome.

HUDSON: "Anyone ever mistake you for a man, Vasquez?"
VASQUEZ: "No, anyone ever mistake you for a man?"

Le Immortelle

Hehe, thanks.

If Vic was asked something like that, she would probably reply with -

"Mistake? I AM a man right now and have always been more of a man than you'll ever be!"

Chrystal

Classic line.

I think it's up to the LT to decide what threads we have and where we go. Personally I'd vote for extreme, that way we can be as gory and blood-curdling as we want without upsetting anyone....

Previous RPs I've run on this sort of theme have all been extreme, purely due to the high level of violence and the fact that it then means you don't need to worry about what category you are in.

Cal1496

I'm thinking extreme is the wiser choice as there will be shit tons of violence in this.  To you know, put it moderately lol

But ya, we have four players with characters ready to go and Blockcade in the wings so I'm thinking we are ready to get going.  I'm going to make one more character for myself, just so I can do more than be the LT and then I'll set up thread.

As for an off-duty thread, how about we see how the RP gets going first.  It's just I don't want people posting in the off-duty more than they are in the actual RP.  I've seen it more than one time before where the thread of the characters goofing off is way more active than the actual story line.

So will work up an even quicker profile for second character and then make thread and give you guys the link. 

Yay!

Oh and as for what we will be fighting, likely gunna stick with the space orc idea.  They are bigger, stronger, and can rip your face off with their teeth.  So avoid close combat and don't wear a red shirt.

Chrystal

I think I'll put together a couple of "victim" NPCs so we can have some cannon fodder.

We could do with a few more guys in this...  Not that I particularly want guys around, being gay, but Amazon is bi and enjoys being nasty to them! *whistles innocently*

What about you Jos? You figure we could use more blokes in the mix?

Cal1496

Name: Leonard L. Church   
Role: Point man   
Weight: 180 lbs   

Summary

Born on Tylious IV, Church as he is more commonly known, did as everyone on Tylious IV did.  Froze their damn balls off and worked in the mines.  Now due to some corperate take over that  took place in the Imperial Captitol, which is light years away and not even within telescope range of Tylious IV, the compnay holding the mining contracts on Tylious Iv fell apart.  And while the burocrates are figuring out who own's what, a planet work stoppage was put in place.  This left just about everyone, Churhc included without a job.  Though in truth it could have been worse.  He could of been working while the stoppage was put in place.  Meaning he would have been in the mines...The mines the blew shut.  With people still in them.  So in that instance was lucky.  But he was still out of a job and unable to pay the heating for his apartment.  And on Tylious IV, heating is everything.  So with few options left to him he joined the Imperial Guard.  It was three square meals a day and a warm bed...Most of the time anyway.

Now despite his best attempts to not excelle in anyway at field operations and just get a nice desk job, he was put on the front line for his first duty.  Actually not only the front line, he was made point man, a thing he still wines about to this day.  He survived however and is now taking part in his second tour on a different planet in a differet platoon altogether.  Still as a point man.

Education

Patience Monra Highschool
Applied and was excepted at Redford Station University
Insufficiant funds to attend

Service Record

Yulia Bootcamp
Zero G Training Facility
22nd Airmobile Infantry
206th Mobile Infantry

Psych Profile

Private Church exibits the traits of capable soldier who's tongue is in need of curbing at times.  Willing to risk his life, he however does not like too and will let you know about.  Is not of a military disposition and would be a good candidate for officer training were he more accepting of the life style.  Recommended to CO that he be watched for further potential if not as an officer than possibly as an NCO.

Equipment

Uniform
Comm
Standard 9mm Pistol
C7A2 Assulat Rilfe
Mossberg 590A1 Shotgun

Cal1496

Well there is one guy your girls can toy with lol  And as far as NPC's go, don't worry about making a profile or anything for them.  We'll just pop them up and blow them away as we see fit.  However if you people become attatched to certain ones let me know.

So I can make sure they are next to die!  Hahahaha!

Really though, I'll keep them alive if you want.

Now to make thread.

Chrystal

Name:      Padraig O'Graugh
Role:      Communications operator
Height:    5'7" (170cm)
Weight:    142 Lbs (64 kg)

Summary
Paddy, pat, - or "Paragraph" as he is often called - grew up in Nua Corcaigh (New Cork), on the Emerald World. He trained in electronics and got a degree in communications technology. He applied for, and almost got, a job working for a major electronics company, but a global economic turn down saw the company stop recruiting. Desperate for a job, and seeing no possibility of one on his home world, he worked his passage as comms operator on an interstellar freighter and arrived on Earth just before his twenty second birthday.

Here, he learned that there was a shortage of trained electronics technicians in the Mobile Infantry and so he joined up, expecting to be given a job building or fixing electronic equipment. He was, but it was not, as he expected, in some lab somewhere.

Education

St Mary & St Anne Convent Scool, New Cork
University of New Dublin

Service Record

Alice Springs Boot Camp
Specialist traning facility, Luna.
206th Mobile Infantry

Psych Profile

Padraig is a capable technician, however he has a tendency to go to pieces in stressful situations. His Catholic faith, common on Emerald World, is a cause for concern, being illegal on most worlds in the Empire. He also has a certain resentment towards the military that he claims duped him into becoming a soldier.

Equipment

Uniform

Long range comms pack.
Spare parts and tools

TF-3 assault rifle

Cal1496

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124657.msg5483836#msg5483836

Alright, there she is!

So just wanted to get the setting for why on the most part everyone does not know each other.   Feel free as Chrystal and Amazon have to create back stories between characters though and ya just jump in.  Everyone except the LT is in the common quarters for the platoon so ya.

And Chrystal I was gunna wait a bit for Warren to come seek out Paige so they can have their talk, but if you want have her hunt him down whatever lol

And also because of the great inspiration provided by Amazon and her character pic, xeno's are the creature's we commonly see in Alien movies.  Acid blood and all!  Won't be engaging them for a while though so hold your horses.  Just know they are out there.