King of the Two Lands

Started by Valerian, April 26, 2010, 11:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Prayers were said the rest of that day to help ease Kyrsa's passage into the afterlife.  Surely her heart would be judged worthy by Ma'at, and her spirit would enter into its eternal rest.  And in the morning, it was learned that another loyal Fan-Bearer would join her on this journey; for the courtier Ariadne was also dead, at the hands of the Soldiers of the Moon.

• Aiden
  • Ariadne - Fan-Bearer, killed by Soldiers of the Moon, Night 1
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Kyrsa - Fan-Bearer, lynched, Day 1
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Paladin
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • sinera
  • Xandi

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 3 Soldiers of the Moon.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Paladin

Not another one! We must find these Soldiers of the moon and send them to the afterlife! I bet Imogen is one of them!

Ryven

I think Sinera is to blame.

Valerian

Curren Voting:

Paladin(3) - Imogen, Aiden, Saffron
Remiel(2) - Xandi, LadySky
sinera(2) - Ryven, Moirae
Imogen(1) - Paladin
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Ryven(0)
Saffron(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Esoteric Myobi, Mithlomwen, Remiel, sinera

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 3 Soldiers of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

Returning from the ceremony, Imogen looked somber, and shook her head, staring solemnly at Paladin as he cried her name. "It wasn't me. But your shouting does make me wonder.. What does your loud voice try to hide, Paladin?"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Paladin

I Hide nothing, What do YOU hide... You Tratoir!

Autumn52

As Kyrsa was beheaded and Ariadne was found dead Xandi cringed. Knowing she was a part of the court who had sent Kyrsa an innocent Fan Bearer to her death made her feel a sadness in her heart.

It was to bad that the God's were not with them in their decision. Perhaps magic had been implored to misdirect attention from the guilty, placing it on the innocent. Remiel's request to RA had gone unanswered it seemed. Why would the sun god ignore a loyalist? Perhaps Remiel was no loyalist? Xandi wasn't sure who to trust. She voted for Remiel.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

desert ashes

"I believe sinera had something to do with it, as well."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Aiden

"Any guess is as good as any, but Paladin you are a bit loud."

Aiden stood and moved over to a table and sat.
"Now who wants to play a game of senate and ease our minds of our recent troubles?"

Autumn Sativus

I have to agree that Paladin does seem a little suspicious.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

LadySky

Since I placed my vote on Remiel this past round I shall place my vote upon him once more. LadySky hangs her head sadly, for she has no clue as to who is truly suspect........
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Aiden

"Now that all the unpleasantness is out of the way...who wants to get honey licked off of them?"
A small jar of honey is lifted to anyone listening with a smile.

Mithlomwen

Still having no idea who might be responsible for the death, Mithlomwen couldn't help but wonder if perhaps Paladin was protesting so loudly because he had something to hide. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Current Voting:

Paladin(5) - Imogen, Aiden, Saffron, Mithlomwen. Esoteric Myobi
Remiel(4) - Xandi, LadySky, sinera, Beguile's Mistress
Imogen(1) - Paladin
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Ryven(0)
Saffron(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Remiel

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

sinera

Sinera shakes her head sadly as she realizes that she was led astray by Remiel. Indeed, he must have been led astray by the gods for some reason - the only reason she could fathom was that he was indeed a traitor.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi found herself torn between the two likely suspects. Paladin due to his loud protestations, seemingly much more insistent than the situation truly called for. Then Remiel, who's fated decision had led so many others to unknowingly sentence an innocent to a premature death. The only respite she could take from her guilt was that Kyrsa's spirit was surely happily watching over them at this very moment.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Beguile's Mistress

One by one the others spoke, giving their opinion as to who the traitor in their midst could be.  She looked at Paladin who has spoken out the loudest and pointed his finger at Imogen.  Was he the traitor and a murderer?  Moving slowly and silently to the center of the court, knowing others were watching, waiting to hear her speak, she stopped and lowered her head, clasped her the talisman as she had before and prayed for guidance.

"I still have no wish to accuse anyone, least of all a friend or an innocent.  We were wrong about Kyrsa and we could be wrong once more.  I feel my gods have turned from me and my rely on my own devices."  She turned and looked at each of the others then spoke.  "It must be Remiel else why would he say the gods chose Kyrsa?"

Remiel

Remiel just shook his head sadly.  "I...don't understand it.  Why would Ra send me a false signal? Has he not heard my prayer?" 

He paled, listening to the lies and conspiracy leveled against him.  "Friends, I know that it was my omen that led us astray, but do not hold me to blame.  The gods are capricious, their capacities ineffable.  Perhaps it is our suspicion and paranoia that has caused them to turn a deaf ear to us.  We must look to those we least suspect."

He leveled his crook, emblazoned with the Ankh of Reincarnation, at Moirae.  "Friends, it is Moirae who has been misleading you with deceptions.  You were right to suspect her initially."

Imogen

Imogen leaned against a white sand stone column, one arm draped over her stomach. The dark eyes trailed from Paladin to Remiel and despite the loud mouthed accusations of the former she dealt Remiel a thoughtful nod. "I find your reasoning persuasive, Remiel." She stated. "These traitors stalk the shadows. It might be true that Paladin is one of them, hiding in plain sight as the desert cobra basks in the sunshine, but I shall change my vote to Moirae for now."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Final Voting:

Paladin(4) - Aiden, Saffron, Mithlomwen, Esoteric Myobi
Remiel(4) - Xandi, LadySky, sinera, Beguile's Mistress
Moirae(2) - Remiel, Imogen
Imogen(1) - Paladin
Aiden(0)
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
LadySky(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Ryven(0)
Saffron(0)
Xandi(0)

With the courtiers at an impasse, it was decreed that the Priestess of Hathor, the goddess of prophecy, must be consulted.  It took some time -- during which both Paladin and Remiel must have suffered agonies of anticipation -- but at last the word was given.  It was to be Remiel who would pass into the Underworld that day.

As the headsman's axe did its work, the truth was revealed at last -- Remiel was no loyal Fan-Bearer, but a traitorous Soldier of the Moon.  The innocent could rest that much more easily in their beds tonight.

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 2 Soldiers of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Traitors in our midst!!  We must find and rid ourselves of them all.

Imogen

Imogen watched the results with grim satisfaction. "I find it highly ironic, that if he had not made a good argument, I would not have changed my vote and there wouldn't have been a tie. Paladin would have been executed instead. Remiel has been his own executionist. How just is the fist of Ra."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

"Well... that was shocking." 

Moirae eyed the honey jar, snapped it up a moment later and left the room.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Aiden

"Hey! That honey is a packaged deal!"
Aiden rose to his feet and chased after Moirae with a grin.

Valerian

The courtiers slept a little better that night, thankful that the gods had led them to one of the rebels.  And the arrival of Ra's light the next morning brought further good news -- though there were signs that the Soldiers of the Moon had been on the prowl, none had died during the night!  The gods must have watched over them again, guiding the steps of the Royal Guard to the place where the danger lay, and keeping them all safe.  As the court gathered together, the loyal ones among them dared to hope that today might bring fresh good news.

• Aiden
  • Ariadne - Fan-Bearer, killed by Soldiers of the Moon, Night 1
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Caeli
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Kyrsa - Fan-Bearer, lynched, Day 1
  • LadySky
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae
  • Paladin
  • Remiel - Soldier of the Moon, lynched, Day 2
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • sinera

There are 7 Fan-Bearers, 1 Royal Guard, 1 Grand Vizier, 1 Follower of Isis, and 2 Soldiers of the Moon.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE