News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[Scion: Hero] Recruitment Closed

Started by ererruz, February 11, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Arcannyx on February 13, 2016, 10:22:24 AM
Yeah, Takes One to Know One was totally one of the knacks I had listed.

It's one of those knacks I find too useful not to take :)

Ironically, I went for a trickster this time because in the last game I started in (not that it had anything to do with Scion or otherwise), he was a bruiser.  So I wanted something different. 

Anyone who has played with me in previous Scion games knows I have a fondness for an ass kicking Monkey Prince, so like yourself I wanted to go for something a bit different this time around.

If we are ending up with a lot of rogue types, I'll switch over to something more martial.  I just don't really have any ideas in that direction.  yet.

Even rogue types can kick ass in this game. Go with a character that you like :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Phaia

I forget some things being a blonde and all... where would computers fall in abilities?

Phaia

Angie

Fucking hell, i go to sleep and this damn topic explodes...

So anyway, with 5 Charisma and a fuckload of Presence and Empathy, I'm playing the face man. She's also quite capable of kicking arse, like the sample Japanese Scion in the book, one of her Relics is an enhanced blade and she knows how to use it.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Lockepick

Given the sheer volume of Tricksters -- I think I'll be switching to a more social character. Probably a Scion of Dionysus. Considering ideas now...
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Phaia

Selena is going to be the investigator, problem solver if that helps. Mystery purview and a bunch of Intel knacks [If i can afford them] also high abilities in investigation/academics and awareness
oh and she can use a pistol and punch things [if needed]

Phaia

Angie

After finally getting a chance to read the Emotion purview, I'm now debating between dropping Guardian and getting Emotion or keeping Guardian...

ererruz

Quote from: Angiejuusan on February 13, 2016, 01:45:00 PM
After finally getting a chance to read the Emotion purview, I'm now debating between dropping Guardian and getting Emotion or keeping Guardian...

What Emotion are you looking at? What other Purviews (and Epic Attributes) are you taking?

Phaia

Reading the new purviews are you using the mystery purview as listed in the game or the new one you have listed. I prefer the old version since I am building Selena along the lines to use that version.
Also is computer a science ability or academic

Phaia

Angie

Quote from: ererruz on February 13, 2016, 01:55:18 PM
What Emotion are you looking at? What other Purviews (and Epic Attributes) are you taking?

Fear, with the idea of using power over Fear to drive others to become stronger. Other Purviews: Tsukimo-Gami (was taken even before you required it), Sun, Darkness (Night Eyes is fucking awesome, okay?), and Health. I was bemoaning that there was no psychology purview, well, now there is! Epics are as follows: Charisma (Blessing of Importance), Appearance (Center of Attention), Wits (Social Chameleon), Strength (Uplifting Might), Stamina (Inner Furnace).

ererruz

Quote from: Phaia on February 13, 2016, 01:56:00 PM
Reading the new purviews are you using the mystery purview as listed in the game or the new one you have listed. I prefer the old version since I am building Selena along the lines to use that version.
Also is computer a science ability or academic

Phaia

Sorry, missed your question about computers! I'd say that's Science.

For Mystery & Prophecy Purviews: you can take both -- the boons listed are an alternative. So you could buy either of them, or both if you want. (The old version is bought as a Specific Purview as normal, the new one can buy any Boons like an All-Purpose Purview.)

Quote from: Angiejuusan on February 13, 2016, 01:57:37 PM
Fear, with the idea of using power over Fear to drive others to become stronger. Other Purviews: Tsukimo-Gami (was taken even before you required it), Sun, Darkness (Night Eyes is fucking awesome, okay?), and Health. I was bemoaning that there was no psychology purview, well, now there is! Epics are as follows: Charisma (Blessing of Importance), Appearance (Center of Attention), Wits (Social Chameleon), Strength (Uplifting Might), Stamina (Inner Furnace).

Sounds like a good combination. Social, combat and some support. :)

Angie

Okay, this is the first draft of Choko Hideki, Scion of Amaterasu. This is, of course, a rough draft, I'm open to suggestions.

Name: Choko Hideki
Calling: Dark Mentor
Nature: Caregiver
Sexual orientation: Yes(Pansexual)
Pantheon: Amatsukami
God: Amaterasu
Nationality: Japanese
Date of birth: July 26th

Motivation: I will make all around me and below me stronger.
Deific goal: Goddess of Rebirth, with the idea that no one can become stronger without harming or outright killing the man they were before. Epic Charisma is her first stop, with Sun and Health as possible Purviews to master

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair colour: Black
Eye colour: Blue
Distinguishing features: Pierced ears, wearing diamond earrings.
Appearance: Her mother is as beautiful and as radiant as the sun (heh) and so of course Choko inherited that beauty. And I could go on describing said beauty, but...why not just show you?
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Face claim: Lucy Liu
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I know she's technically Chinese, but I think Lucy is hot as hell and I wanted to use her. Then again, I kind of hope using a Chinese lady for a Japanese character is the BIGGEST problem on this sheet :P

Personality: While kind and caring, she tolerates no nonsense and often can be just as abrasive as a war or death Scion due to how she pushes people to cast off their vulnerabilities, a painful process, in order to grow stronger. She will wound you, but you will rebuild yourself stronger than before. She is never hateful in her ‘wounding’, however-it is always pain in service of a greater goal. When she’s not working, her personality can best be described as cheerful and upbeat, who happily squees when good things happen. If you want to hear the highest pitched ‘squee’ in all the world, give her a peach.

Family: Her father, while alive, doesn’t even want to acknowledge Choko exists due to his outright hatred of the mother that abandoned him. His ‘aunt’ showed up to take Choko off his hands, as he was too busy to raise the child on his own. Because of this, Choko has had limited interaction with her father and doesn’t mind keeping it that way.
Friends and allies: A Scion of Artemis is friendly with Choko, as he played an instrumental role in stopping an attempt on her life (read Visitation below). Has a somewhat pleasant relationship with Izanami and her handmaidens-she owes them many thanks for raising her.
Rivals and enemies: There are a few Titanspawn Cultists who seek to take her down, as they failed in their plot to assassinate her and therefore must continue to try to take her out in order to appease their titan masters (of course, by this point, she could demolish them in a straight up fight, they’re only CULTISTS, not Titanspawn, but they are adept at manipulating society against her, which is proving to be more of a problem)
Background: Amaterasu has an easy time getting people into bed. The problems that arise when a night of passion leads to a child, not so much. While Epic Charisma-especially Ultimate Charisma-can go a long way, Choko’s father simply refused to believe that he was capable of being a father, especially a single father (Amaterasu’s dodging of his many questions-such as “why aren’t you sticking around?”-did not help). Rather than force Amaterasu to use her godly powers to force him to take care of the child, Izanami stepped in, offering to help raise Choko. This was not done entirely out of Izanami’s “Good” heart, as she sought to turn the child against her mother. Amaterasu knew this...but allowed Izanami to take care of the girl. She was not awarded parentage of Choko, however-she would stay a Child of the Sun.

Growing up, Choko easily glided through school, made friends with ease, the usual for a Scion of a Sun Goddess. Izanami had left the task of raising her to a few select Shikome, occasionally playing the role of a visiting aunt. Izanami’s mortal guise of an old, decrepit woman led to Choko becoming fascinated with death-what happened, she wondered, where did the souls go? Oh how she dived into myths and legends of the Afterlife and the Underworld, not even realizing how completely true they ALL were! Izanami was proud of this, having subtly influenced the young girl, but neither her nor Amaterasu is entirely sure where the next logical leap came from: Choko concluded that, as death is such an inevitability, perhaps death is not that bad. She further concluded that death is happening every day, not just in the sense of heartbeats stopping and souls passing on, but that parts of the self are also dying. One did not become stronger, she believed, without carving away the imperfections of yesterday. Gems are cut, metal is heated, old ideas are cast away in the light of new truth-all in the name of removing flaws from objects. How were humans any different? When that particular revelation was reached, one could almost hear Amaterasu and Izanami looking at each other, both raising an eyebrow at how far Choko had gone...and how much she had grown, as well.

This philosophy of hers took her into college, and she studied to become a psychologist-she figured the imperfections of the physical body were well handled by many doctors, gym trainers, and more, so she would deal with the imperfections of the mind. Her thesis on the necessity of death in order to be reborn as a stronger person was met with much critical praise, for its unique look on the field of medicine and Choko’s exceptional writing ability. She quickly became a licensed therapist, with a rather unconventional method, encouraging people to take hard looks at themselves and their faults in an effort to overcome them (though in the cases of patients with actual chemical imbalances in their heads, she at least waits until the medication starts working before she makes them look in the mirror). While her methods do earn her the ire of some of her patients, they would return, realizing the truth of her words, and seeking her aid in overcoming them.

Visitation: Perhaps ironically, it was the child of a Moon Goddess that kicked off the chain of events leading to Choko’s visitation. A Scion of Artemis, Jonathan Smith, had been hunting down and exterminating members of a Titanspawn Cult for some time. However, after an assault on the Cult’s hideout, he discovered their plans to assassinate several Scions who had yet to receive Visitations, in an effort to stop them from becoming thorns in the Titans’ sides. Choko was next on the list, and his actions against the Cult had accelerated their plans.

He impersonated a cop in order to get into the hospital Choko worked at (and keep a sidearm on him), but awkward questions from an ACTUAL cop on site prevented him from getting close...until the cultist in question was already in her office, pulling the knife from his back pocket, and Choko cried out for help. Jonathan moved in, kicking down the door (that the Cultist had locked), and put a few rounds in the Cultist’s chest. Choko was understandably a little freaked out, and Jonathan offered to take her to the station-in his words, “getting out of here might be good for you, and we sadly need to ask some questions of you.”

In reality, he was doing it so he could get the two of them alone. He intended to contact Hermes, but his phone rang with an unfamiliar number. On the other end was Amaterasu. “Meet me at Tavern Law.” She said.

Once there, Amaterasu smiled at her daughter. “This meeting has been long overdue. I am your mother, Amaterasu.” “The Sun Goddess? Yeah, and I’m the Queen of England.” Jonathan chuckled. “She’s not lying. I’m the adopted son of Artemis.” “You know it is true, Choko.” Amaterasu began. “Whatever you did, you were exceptional. Whatever you encouraged another to do, they were exceptional. You are the all-seeing mirror, even if it seems you highlight flaws more than beauty.” Choko couldn’t deny the truth-the ichor in her veins was already beginning to seethe as Amaterasu spoke-yet with the Goddess of the Sun before her, she had one question in her mind, an unspoken ‘flaw’ of her own…

“Was I wrong?”

“No, Choko.” Came the reply. “I see the doubt in your eyes. You have been doing the same task that I have, your methods are simply a different path. You had no knowledge of your birthright, and yet, you have already made me proud.”

The conversation turned to Amaterasu telling Choko of the circumstances behind her birth and early life, and, oddly enough, Amaterasu asking forgiveness for not providing for her as she should have. Choko honestly didn’t mind-after all, when you find out your mother is a goddess, the woman who took care of you was also a celestial being and you had more power in your finger than most mortals do in their whole body, being angry over totally justified abandonment was pointless.

Since Choko’s life was in danger, and would now permanently be so, Amaterasu sent a few packages to her home, the most mundane of these being an anthology of myths surrounding the Amatsukami (with a note inside saying ‘get to know the family!’). The second was a pair of astoundingly well made sunglasses, and the third was a katana (“Don’t go running around with this thing like an idiot, k?”)

Equipped with neat toys and a few extra levels in ‘badass’, Choko is ready to bring the light of the sun to all.

Likes: Absolutely loves Peaches, and peach flavored anything. As a self professed “girly girl”, she’s also quite the fan of pink, lace, and dresses, more so if they’re all put together. Chocolate is also a love (and whenever peach flavored chocolates are available...well, guess)
Dislikes: Does not enjoy foods with bitter tastes. Does not like fashions that rely on dark colors (she prefers brighter colors). Also not a dog person.
Hobbies: She enjoys writing fiction in her off time, though such fiction tends to follow supernaturally gifted and beautiful young women, leading to many claims of her writing being plagued by our good friend Mary Sue (such claims are unfounded, as she knows exactly how to make her characters flawed, but when has that ever stopped trolls?). She’s also a bit of an avid gamer, and occasionally streams over the Internet when she plays under the name “LadyOfTheSune”.
Fears and phobias: Her dislike of dogs isn’t just a dislike, she has a straight up fear of them after an incident involving a puppy biting her when she was young. She is also afraid of heights.
ONs and OFFs: ONS: Despite what some would say, Peaches do not turn her on regardless of the face she makes while she’s eating them. She does absolutely love kissing and, well, anything to do with oral. She’s also discovered an enjoyment of bondage, though she prefers to be the one doing the tying up…

OFFS: Anything more extreme than bondage stops her in her tracks.

Legend: 2
Legend points: 4/4
Willpower: 6/6

Experience (spent): 0
Experience (unspent): 0
Experience (total): 0

Virtues: Duty: 3
Endurance: 2
Intellect: 3
Valor: 1

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  2
Dexterity 4 (4 BP)
Stamina  2

Charisma  5
Manipulation  2
Appearance  4

Perception  3
Intelligence  3
Wits  4(4 BP)

ABILITIES

Academics  2
Animal Ken  1
Art  2(Writing)
Athletics  3
Awareness  4(1 BP)
Brawl  0
Command  1
Control  0

Craft  1(Painting)
Empathy  5 (2 BP)
Fortitude  1
Integrity  2
Investigation  2
Larceny  0
Marksmanship  0
Medicine  1

Melee  3
Occult  1
Politics  1
Presence  5 (2 BP)
Science  0
Stealth  0
Survival  0
Thrown  0

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
Strength:  1
Stamina: 1
Charisma: 1
Appearance: 1
Wits: 1
  • Uplifting Might: The amount she can lift is doubled if she expends a point of Legend.
  • Inner Furnace: Eat anything, drink anything, and be immune to any ill effects as long as it’s all organic.
  • Blessing of Importance: With a point of Legend and a nod, Choko can refill a mortal’s spent Willpower. She can also do it to Scions, but she can only refill a number of Willpower points equal to her Epic Charisma.
  • Center of Attention: By spending a point of Legend, everyone in the room focuses on her. She holds the focus of the room for a number of minutes equal to her Epic Appearance. Scions and Titanspawn can resist by spending a Willpower.
  • Social Chameleon: She blends into any situation with absolute ease. She will not embarrass herself socially unless she intends to.

PURVIEWS
Darkness: 1
Emotion(Fear): 1
Sun: 1
Tsukumo-Gami: 1
  • Night Eyes: She can see in the damn dark, alright?
  • Emotional Awareness: Choko automatically knows if someone is experiencing the emotion of fear. With a point of Legend and a successful Perception + Empathy check, she can determine the root cause.
  • Assess Health: By painting the name of a patient on a paper talisman, Choko may instantly learn all information about a person’s physical health. Mental health is another matter-that will likely be Emotion's job.
  • Penetrating Glare: She can see through any impediment that isn’t a solid wall, and can see in all but the most pitch black of environments (which is where Night Eyes comes in, how wonderful).
  • The Wakeful Spirit: With a quick Charisma + Presence Roll, she can awaken the kami in any object and ask it questions. Spirits can only talk about what they’ve experienced.

BIRTHRIGHTS

• Sun and Moon Lenses: - Darkness, Sun (2)
    These sunglasses grant access to the Darkness and Sun pantheons-not the Sun and Moon as the name would suggest. They take the form of masterfully crafted sunglasses. Amaterasu has admitted that “Sun and Shade Lenses” just doesn’t have the same ring.
  • Osafune - +1 Accuracy, +2 Damage (3)
    The Osafune is a legendary katana, having passed down through the ages and only just now reaching Choko. Both she and Amaterasu are aware that a Japanese lady swinging a katana is incredibly stereotypical, and yet, what else is a Scion of Amaterasu supposed to wield?
  • Box of Ofuda(Paper Talismans): Health, Emotion (2) (2 bonus points)
    Turns out, the little paper talismans of the Shinto religion, when used by an ACTUAL deity (or deity-born), are incredibly versatile, going beyond their usual role as wards against demons. This rich, well made mahogany box contains unending paper talismans, and an appropriate kanji ‘painted’ onto the talisman allows a Scion to use the Health and Emotion pantheons.

Attacks:

Clinch; Accuracy: 3, Damage: B, Speed: 6; Piercing
Unarmed, Heavy; Accuracy: 2, Dmg STR+3B, Parry DV: 0 , Speed 5
Unarmed, Light; Accuracy: 4, Dmg STR+0B, Parry DV: 2, Speed 4
Katana: Accuracy: 9 Damage: STR+7L, Defense 4, Speed 5

Join Battle: 8
Soak: 3B/2L
Health levels: -0/-0/-0/-1/-1/-3/Incapacitated
Dodge DV: 5 ; Parry DV: 4 (assuming Katana is used)
Movement: 4; Dash: 10 per tick; Climb/Swim Speed:
Vertical Jump: ; Horizontal Jump:
Weight capacity: 950 lbs

Muse

Quote from: ererruz on February 13, 2016, 03:30:08 AM
I'm not too hot on adopted Scions without a good reason to do it (probably within the same pantheon, maybe between friends or rivals? there just has to be a good reason). I just can't accept Artemis being an altruistic goddess -- that's not her style. She is wild, vengeful, even petty. She can be fair, but she's not... good in a D&D sense of the term. So it doesn't make sense to me to see Artemis just sweep in and adopt Yadi without a very good reason/plan there. I'd also need to know more about her father -- who was he? Why isn't he active? Dead? Forgotten? Doesn't care?

Meep! 

Last I checked Artemis--like Athena--didn't have any kids of her own.  All her Scions were adopted. 

Her father was some sort of kachina/eagle spirit type being that I'm not suficiently versed in north american faiths to actualy name.  As most of the worlds pantheons have allready vanished by the time the story starts, I figured Artemis's was just looking for potential scions for the usual reasons and found a suitable girl--an indipendent minded huntress with at least some apreciation for femenine erotic partners--and awakened her to just to have a Scion. 

I did think the eagle might have been a creature birthright from her father that she still managed to bond with-if onlyt hroguh the aprorpaite purview. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Quote from: Phaia on February 13, 2016, 01:30:01 PM
I forget some things being a blonde and all... where would computers fall in abilities?

Phaia

Comptuers is a science specialty.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HairyHeretic

How do you feel about a guide from outside the characters native pantheon? I have an idea developing ...

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

Okay I have some questions for the people making characters!

Would you all like a base of orperations? I can have Selena have a Club in New Orleans as part of her history and includes maybe followers so it should be safe. Also did we want to build a theme into our visitations ie. have water or music or the forest or cows somehow part of the visitation. I was thinking since we are all supposed to be fate bound it might add a bit to our histories to have such a theme!
If I do have the club it might be good to have someone with a plane [and be able to fly it] so we can go places we need to go. Selena is working on psychopomp so at some point she can move the whole group.

Phaia

Angie

I'm willing to play with what actually lead to my Visitation, I just came up with the Assassination plot because, well, I kind of needed something to present (I wanted to show off my rough draft). And I did mention there was a list, maybe we were all on that list? Or is that not awesome enough?

Lockepick

Not to be a Debby Downer -- but we shouldn't be making any real inter-character connections until the final group has been selected.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Phaia

The idea of the theme i s was suggesting was Hairy's scion dove into the ocean and mine was dumped in the bayou while it was raining. So water was a link... But that was all I was suggesting not like ...hey we all have to have water gods or be fighting in the ocean. heck i was consdiering my character being in a bath tub for her visitation!!

Phaia

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: ererruz on February 13, 2016, 10:32:41 AM

A couple of things, Arcannyx: it seems to me that you have no Relic which gives you access to Illusion Purview. I find the fact that Loyalty misses a number highly amusing considering Jacob''s a Scion of Loki XD I suppose the asterisk denotes favoured abilities? If so, Larceny and Politics are missing an asterisk. Also, the link to the picture isn't working for me. Error 403.

I've been rewriting that sheet so much, not to mention I'm terrible with code, so I'm not surprised that things are missing all over the place.  I'll work on updating that, but he had a whopping one for his Loyalty.  I'm not sure where Illusion fell off, but they were baked into his shades also.  It was a 'vision' theme.  Mystery was in there also when I was still taking it.  And since I now have Jotun and it doesn't need a birthright, the 6th point (because I did spend freebies there) can go away, or bump up something else.

Phaia

Quote from: Arcannyx on February 14, 2016, 09:22:16 AM
I've been rewriting that sheet so much, not to mention I'm terrible with code, so I'm not surprised that things are missing all over the place.  I'll work on updating that, but he had a whopping one for his Loyalty.  I'm not sure where Illusion fell off, but they were baked into his shades also.  It was a 'vision' theme.  Mystery was in there also when I was still taking it.  And since I now have Jotun and it doesn't need a birthright, the 6th point (because I did spend freebies there) can go away, or bump up something else.

If you need extra points my Character is also taking mystery. So you could drop that if it helps!

Phaia

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Phaia on February 14, 2016, 09:24:26 AM
If you need extra points my Character is also taking mystery. So you could drop that if it helps!

Phaia

I already did, actually.  When I learned about the other powers (and the required Jotun), I dropped Mystery for Artistry and Sky for Jotunblut.

I actually had TOO many powers, since the best you can do is that one dot in things.

Phaia

@ererruz-I have questions on a relic I designed. Does the cost look good? It does not work by itself she has to control it unlike a 'Singing Sword'. She also has to pay to use it. I am tight on extra bonus points so what else could be done to bring down the cost if needed?

• 'Papa's Helping Hand'
    'Papa's Helping Hand'

Unique 1 Dot power- A special finger-braclet made of silver and looks like bones and worn on her left hand. By spending a point of Willpower, Selena can animate Papa's Hand. It slides off her hand and the rings become extra bones to lengthen the fingers. The hand has the same basic strength [with any Epic] that Selena has and can scuttle over surfaces, even going so far as digging the finger tips into a surface to climb it. Selena controls it's actions within a range of 30' as long as she can somehow see what it is doing or visualize its actions. [It could slide off her hands and untie her wrists or move to flip a switch or drag back a knife or other small item]. The effect lasts for only a minute but she can extend that by spending a point of Legend adding another minute to the effect.

Phaia

ererruz

Hey, everyone. I'm travelling today so I'm on my phone. I'll reply later tonight or tomorrow morning (my time) to all the questions etc.

HairyHeretic

Work in Progress

Name: Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez
Calling: Grey Caballero
Nature: Bravo
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual
Pantheon:  Tuatha de Dannan
God: Manannan Mac Lir
Nationality: Brazilian
Date of birth: March 1st, 1988

Motivation: Oppose the Eternal Reich organisation
Deific goal: Hasn't thought that far ahead

Height: 5'11
Weight: Average
Hair colour: Black
Eye colour: Blue
Distinguishing features: Two bullet wound scars on his chest
Appearance: See pic
Face claim: Antonio Banderas

Personality:

Family: Mother - Maria (59), Older brother - Gabriel (37, runs the family business), Older sister - Jessica (31, works in Marketing for Google), Step Father - Raphael Ortega (60)
Friends and allies: Assorted contacts scattered over South East Asia, in the grey markets. Most of his close friends and allies (his crew) were lost when he was almost killed, and he hasn't been able to find out the fates of the rest.
Rivals and enemies: Skorzeny (first name unknown) - Neo Nazi, possible 'werewolf', and cause of the bullet scars in Ramirez chest.
Background: Ramírez was born into a wealthy cattle ranching family in Brazil. Growing up he was told his father had been a sailor, a captain whose ship was lost years before in the Devil's Triangle, though little was said and the topic quickly changed. As he grew older he caught snippits of conversations indicating his father had simply been a sailor that had seduced his mother and left, though such was never said to his face.

It seemed that the sea might claim him too, as he seemed always to feel it's pull, and at 17 he ran away from home, joining a merchant ship crew, determined to find his father, or what had happened to him.

Ten years later, he had sailed around a fair portion of the world, though most of the time was spent between the Bay of Bengal and the Sea of Japan. He had ended up involved in the grey markets, smuggling goods, information and occasionally people around South East Asia, with connections in what seemed like every port. He ran a few jobs for a Swiss businessman in Singapore, a collector of antiquities with an eye for strange, old bits and pieces.

Visitation:Ramírez never knew quite what it was that he delivered that last time. Some odd statuette, whatever it was it seemed to produce unearthly excitement from his buyer. Unfortunately it also produced automatic pistols from the businessman's bodyguards, and his crew being systematically cut down. Ramírez himself went overboard from his vessel, two bullets in his chest, the last word he heard werewolf.

Death did not claim him, as he sank into the dark water. Instead something seemed to explode within his head, a voice, or the memory of a voice, telling him that he was a son of the oceans, and the water would always be his. His head cleared and he found he could breathe as easily under the water as above it, and swim as fast as he could run. He made his way back to shore on Sentosa Island, a tall, bearded man stepping out the trees and introducing himself as his father.

The two spoke long into the night, and as the dawn sun rose, Ramírez found himself in a much stranger world than he had the day before. It wasn't easy to find out you were the son of an Irish sea-God, after all. Still, with his newfound knowledge and powers, he was in a much better position to take on these 'werewolves'. They started this ... he'd finish it.

His father told him that he had other duties to attend to first though, and the following dawn saw him in San Francisco.

Likes: A challenge (particularly when it comes to women), the finer things when it comes to food, drink, clothing etc, soaking in the bath
Dislikes: Ill mannered behaviour, bigots, stupidity.
Hobbies: Music, reading, dancing, flirting, Capoeira
Fears and phobias: Slight claustrophobia, worse underground, stemming from an incident as a child when he got lost in a cave complex.
ONs and OFFs: As player

Legend: 2
Legend points: 4
Willpower: 6

Experience (spent):
Experience (unspent):
Experience (total):

Virtues:
Courage : 2
Expression: 3
Intellect: 3
Piety: 1

ATTRIBUTES

Strength  2 (0)
Dexterity  3 (1)
Stamina  2 (1)

Charisma  3 (0)
Manipulation  3 (1)
Appearance  3 (0)

Perception  4 (1)
Intelligence  4 (1)
Wits  3 (1)

ABILITIES

Academics  1
Animal Ken  0
Art  2 (Music, Storytelling)
Athletics  3
Awareness  2
Brawl  1 (Capoeira)
Command  0
Control  1 (Ships)

Craft  0
Empathy  1
Fortitude  2
Integrity  2
Investigation  2
Larceny  2
Marksmanship  2
Medicine  1

Melee  1
Occult  2
Politics  1
Presence  2
Science  0
Stealth  1
Survival  1
Thrown  0

EPIC ATTRIBUTES
Epic Attribute:  #
  • Untouchable Opponent - Description
  • Body armour - Description
  • Broad Spectrum Recognition - Description
  • Language Mastery - Description
  • Takes One to Know one - Description
  • Social Chameleon - Description

PURVIEWS
Purview:  #
  • Brehon's Eye - Enoch 1 - Description
  • Favor of the Waves - Water 1 - Description
  • Water Breathing - Water 1 - Description
  • Unlidded Eye - Magic 1 - Description

His Hero's Geas has already been Fated, to protect the Chinatown in San Francisco.

How did the son of an Irish Sea God end up with such a strange Geas? Ah, that is a long story, my friend. Come, pull up a chair and let me tell you.

Story - not complete yet
"I say ... have you seen my dragon?"

As conversation starters went, that was a new line on Ramirez, even in the now much stranger world he found himself in. He paused with his coffee cup raised to his mouth, and turned his attention to the source of the somewhat outlandish remark.

The man who stood before him was old, perhaps in his 70s or even 80s, with skin that showed a lot of exposure to the elements. His beard and what remained of his hair was grey and scraggly, and neither appeared to have more than a casual relationship with a comb in some time. The bright red smoking jacket he wore had also seen better days.

"Yes, I ... I seem to have misplaced her." the old man continued, smiling warmly at him. "She shouldn't go wandering off on her own you know, she's quite small." He held up his hand, thumb and forefinger perhaps an inch apart. "Except when she isn't of course." He blinked a few times, looking around the coffee house and shouted out. "LUNG QIUYUE! If you don't get back here this instant I shall be most perturbed." His outburst drew puzzled looks from most of those sitting around, and an irritated one from the owner.

Perhaps if I ignore him he'll go away and find someone else. Ramirez thought, a hope that was quickly dashed as the old man sat down opposite and began to help himself to Ramirez's breakfast.

"You can help me find her." he muttered around a mouthful of warm, buttery toast. "You're more real. Not like those others. Yes, you're real and all tangled up in string and her string and your string and this toast."

Ramirez's brow furrowed as crumbs of toast sprayed over his shirt, and suppressed a sigh. He fished a few small denomination notes out of his pocket and set them onto the saucer his coffee had rested on. Noting the dirty look the owner was giving, he added a couple more to be on the safe side and then rose. "Come along, Grandfather." he said, resignedly. "Let's go see if we can't find your dragon."

The old man led Ramirez through the streets, backstreets and alleys, without apparent direction. Ramirez was fairly certain they'd crossed their own path at least three times, though the buildings didn't look quite similar enough that he could be sure. The old man seemed to fall into the role of tour guide, pointing out places and naming names that probably would have meant something to someone with a familiarity of the city .. or might just be pulled straight from the depths of his imagination. After about ten minutes and several false starts. Ramirez actually got a question of his own through in return.

"So, who are you anyway? You have a name?"

The old man paused, a puzzled expression on his face, before breaking into a smile. "Oh, of course, you're a foreigner aren't you? Well, naturally you wouldn't know who I am. I'm the Emperor. Of the United States." he added helpfully, seeing the look that passed across Ramirez own face.

"Forgive me for asking, but I was under the impression that the United States had a President, not an Emperor." replied Ramirez, cocking his head slightly to the side.

"Oh, we do, we do." the old man replied. "I leave him to take care of all the day to day stuff while I look after what is really important. An Emperor has a duty to his subjects after all."

"Naturally." replied Ramirez, shaking his head slightly as the old man's gaze wandered off.

"Ah, here we are." he said, reaching down and lifting a rusty metal hatch. Without waiting, he descended the circular iron stairwell below, an echoing "Come along, come along."

Ramirez paused at the entrance to the cellar, or whatever it might be, for a few long moments, before giving his head a shake and following the old man down. He'd probably do himself a mischief down there, and he'd need someone to get him back out.

By the time Ramirez's eyes had adjust to the dim lighting, the old man was on the ground, in a room that looked like it had been abandoned since the 50's .. possibly the 1850s. The Emperor led the way across the room, pausing to exchange his red jacket for an equally threadbare blue one, topping the entire ensemble off with what looked like a slightly fuzzy top hat with a massive feather sticking out of it.

He settled onto a slightly unstable looking barbers chair against one wall, and beckoned Ramirez forwards. "You remind me of Pedro." he announced. "It's the accent I think. Or possibly the toast. Yes, definitely the toast. Most kind of you to entertain me thusly, so few remember their duty. You're different though. You know duty. A duty. The duty." His eyes unfocused for a moment before snapping back to Ramirez as he approached. "Yes, you know the duty, don't you?"

"I know what my duty is." Ramirez replied, thinking to a dark night lit by muzzle flashes and screams.

"Your duty? Excellent." the old man announced, drawing Ramirez attention back to him as he fumbled beneath his jacket, drawing out something on a leather thong that glinted as it spun. "It is right that those who offer to us unbroken fidelity should be protected by our aid. And since such and such a faithful one of ours, coming here in our palace with his arms, has seen fit to swear trust and fidelity to us in our hand, therefore we decree and command by the present precept that for the future such and such above mentioned be counted with the number of antrustions." He stepped forwards and draped the somewhat grimy leather thong over Ramirez's head, what looked like an old Chinese coin made from red jade hanging against his chest. "The duty is now yours."

"Hold on." said Ramirez, lifting the coin and looking at the strange characters embossed on it. "What duty are you talking about?"

"The duty of every Emperor is to protect his subjects." the old man replied, smiling. "Look at the toast. No, strings, yes, strings. The fief has accepted you." His head turned towards the still open hatch, and he fell backwards like a puppet with the strings cut.

"Wait, what, no?" Ramirez snapped, dropping to try and catch the old man before he hit the ground. His fingers moved to the old man's throat, looking for a pulse. "Shit!" he exclaimed, setting the old man down, and starting what he remembered of CPR. After a couple of minutes he stopped, closing the old man's eyes.

"I pray that you will have the blessing of being consoled. May you know in your soul that there is no need to be afraid. May you be given every blessing and shelter that you need. May there be a beautiful welcome for you in the home that you are going to. You are not going somewhere strange. You are going back to the home that you never left. May you be peaceful and happy and in the presence of those who really care for you. May your going be sheltered and your welcome assured. May your soul smile in the embrace of your anam cara." he murmured, straightening up and lifting the necklace off to look at it.

He looked down at the body beside him and shook his head. "This has been a very strange day." he murmured.

"NO!"

His head spun round towards the source of the shout. Halfway down the stairs was one of the most beautiful Chinese women he had ever set eyes on. Her eyes moved from the body to the necklace he held and her face contorted in rage. She hurtled off the stairwell and came straight at Ramirez, fist drawn back. "Wait, it's not like that." he said, holding up his hands to ward her off. Those were the only words he managed, the next two or three hours, or possibly just minutes, spent dodging, ducking and weaving, trying to avoid a variety of punches and kicks that seemed intent on removing assorted parts of his body.

The woman spun away at the last, breathing hard, and glaring daggers at him. She had positioned herself between him and exit, intent on keeping him from leaving, despite his attempts to calm her down.

Ramirez was breathing just as heavily, and he shook his head at the strange woman. "Look, if you'd stop trying to kill me for just one minute, I can explain."

She glared at him again, drawing in a deep breath, and opened her mouth. Instead of the expected scream, what came out of her mouth was water, hitting Ramirez like a high pressure hose and knocking him back against the far wall. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me." he gasped as the room rapidly filled with water.

It appeared the woman expected this to give her an advantage, as she came towards him through the water like an angry torpedo. The expression on her face when Ramirez continued to dodge, apparently as unencumbered by the change in terrain as she was made him grin, which seemed to infuriate her all the more.

Just as suddenly as she started, she stopped, the water draining away as she fixed her gaze on apparently empty space near the now overturned barbers chair. Ramirez was familiar with most of the languages of South East Asia, but whatever dialect of Chinese she was speaking, it wasn't one he knew. Elements of it seemed almost familiar, as if he had known them once, but lost them through disuse. Her tone, angry glares and gestures in his direction indicated she wasn't exactly happy with the situation, as far as a one sided conversation with empty air could be interpreted.

Ramirez remained where he was, ready to start dodging again if this was some bizarre trick. After another minute or two she turned towards him, straightening an incredulous expression.

"It seems that .. I may .. owe you an apology." she said haltingly. "I have been informed that you .." and that single word contained such depth of disdain that Ramirez almost stepped back from her "Have accepted the duty to protect this fang alongside me, as one far more worthy than you has now passed on."

Ramirez opened his mouth to dispute this, to explain that it was all some kind of mistake, but it seemed the words would not come. Instead he felt himself nodding, and an echo of his fathers voice coming from his mouth. "Aye. As it was, so it is, and shall be."

Right then he couldn't tell who was the more confused, but he felt the oath settle into his bones, and something inside of him sang.

BIRTHRIGHTS

• Old jade coin on a leather thong (Relic 3) - Moon, Guardian purview, Vigil Brand on the Chinatown Gate
  • Silver Ring (Relic 3) - Death, Water, Magic Purviews
  • Twin automatic pistols (Relic 3) - Indestructable, unlimited ammo, remain 'elsewhere' til needed

Attacks:

Clinch; Accuracy:, Damage: B, Speed: ; Piercing
Unarmed, Heavy; Accuracy:, Dmg B, Parry DV: , Speed
Unarmed, Light; Accuracy:, Dmg B, Parry DV: , Speed

Join Battle:
Soak: B/L
Health levels: -0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/Incapacitated
Dodge DV: ; Parry DV:
Movement: ; Dash: ; Climb/Swim Speed:
Vertical Jump: ; Horizontal Jump:
Weight capacity:

4BP used on relics

Cattle die, kinsmen die

AndyZ

Have all the pantheons already been grabbed?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.