Justice League! Recruitment Thread. (No longer looking for players.)

Started by Batman4560, November 04, 2016, 12:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

Seven months ago a comet struck the earth just outside of Delaware leaving a crater in the ground the size of a football stadium. Within moments of impact a small swarm of alien Combat Drones erupted out of the crater, killing or capturing everything in their path. Within an hour the entire state was held in the grip of these strange robotic creatures forcing the United States to call the area a no man's land and set up a military boarder around the State. Deciding it best to not put any more lives at stake the United Nations decided to put together a small task force, each rep choosing a different *Meta Human* To come together and form the Justice league, a group capable of moving into the State and ending the threat that the Combat Drones Possess before any more lives are lost. 
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

That is a very basic run down of what the story so far is about. I'm looking for 4 more players to join up with me and a friend in a world building story. I want this to really be about writers who are passionate about the characters they take on and the world around them. Two men and two women to balance things out if possible, I'll likely add character sheets once players have shown interest. Please be able to post once every other week at least. I'm really looking forward to hearing from anyone interested.

While me may be full at the moment, players come and go all the time. If you are still interested just say the word and I'll put you on the reserves list. As some players leave I'll contact others to see if they still want to join up with the group.

Claimed Characters-
Batman.- Batman
Wonder Woman.- SilknSatin
Zatana.- Sally Aces
Hal Jordan.- Blackjack
Raven.- Belatris
The Flash- The Villain

Reserves-
Aquaman- Bowen
Blue Lantern- Indarkestnight

Diesel Heart

I'll go ahead and place down my interest.  Are you allowing Original Characters?

Batman4560

Haven't decided yet on original characters. I would likely allow it if you had a cool concept.

Diesel Heart

I've got a plethora of original superhero characters so I'll send you a message soon on the three I'll choose from.

Sally Aces

Hihi, I'm wondering if I can bring in Zatana? If not, how about Hawk Girl?

TheVillain

Does this DC Universe not have a Superman? Or is he somehow otherwise disposed? Or are these drones way more powerful then they look?

Seems like the kind of thing he'd settle in an afternoon if he took his time. :P

Expressing interest if Bats is okay with having me. I've done a game or two with him and admittedly I've sometimes gone a wee bit overboard.

Leaning either:
The Flash [Jay Garrick, a speedster hero from the 30's who retired into obscurity in the 50's after HUAC. However, his life is being artifically extended by his powers and he's considering coming out of retirement for this threat to humanity.]
-or-
OMAC [A LexCorp attempt to backwards engineer the alien Drones and build a counter Drone weapon. Built with an agenda in mind that would let Lex Luthor define Peace and Order for humanity, the artificial warrior starts rebelling against his programming to find out what those things are for himself.]
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Batman4560

Okay, I've been very, very sick over the past few days. Let me answer some questions.

1. After lots of thought I'm gonna rule that we are sticking to cannon characters as there are tons to choose from.

2. Yeah you can play Zatana. Always nice to see some different characters to show up.

3. Superman is around and I do actually have a reason why he can't simply go in and take the drones out alone. If someone does play him I'll tell that writer alone and explain it to the others as they show up to the scene.

Sally Aces

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 07, 2016, 03:55:33 PM
Okay, I've been very, very sick over the past few days. Let me answer some questions.

Hope you're feeling better now.

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 07, 2016, 03:55:33 PM
1. After lots of thought I'm gonna rule that we are sticking to cannon characters as there are tons to choose from.

2. Yeah you can play Zatana. Always nice to see some different characters to show up.
Yay! Thanks :)

Batman4560

Mhm, I wasn't going to require a character sheet but if you want to write one up that is fine too.

Blackjack

Can I throw my hat in the ring to play either: Hal Jordan or Helena Bertinelli as needed? Also, I adore character sheets <3

TheVillain

How deep of a sheet? I'm assuming it falls short of dice-rolling.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Batman4560

Quote from: Blackjack on November 07, 2016, 05:57:57 PM
Can I throw my hat in the ring to play either: Hal Jordan or Helena Bertinelli as needed? Also, I adore character sheets <3

I have someone asking me about the game so I'm gonna mark you down as Hal Jordan. Villain, it can be as deep or shallow as you feel needed. I'm going to assume everyone here has a basic grasp of the characters they are wanting to play.

Batman4560

Villain as soon as I know who you're playing I can set everything else up.

Batman4560

Okay, on my next day off (Two nights from now) I'll set up the OOC thread and get to work on the first post. I ask that everyone find a F.C. for your characters at the very least please.

belatris

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 08, 2016, 08:47:48 PM
Okay, on my next day off (Two nights from now) I'll set up the OOC thread and get to work on the first post. I ask that everyone find a F.C. for your characters at the very least please.

Already working on it.

Since I've not actually said anything in here yet, I'll be playing your Raven for the course of the adventure. ~Bow~

Looking forward to it.  O:)

Batman4560

Batman4560

Hey guys, thanks for waiting. I have been terribly sick over the past week or so. I'm getting better and will have to ooc thread up tomorrow after work and the actual story will start on Friday if everything goes according to plan.

belatris

Batman4560