Pathfinder RPG with E6 Game Rules - GM/Player Interest Check

Started by RubySlippers, February 19, 2013, 06:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triggvi

RubySlippers

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 01:21:17 PM
Well, I'd say wizards are uncommon, rather than rare.  And while some of your ritual magic and fetishes (the magical type of fetish, not the sexual type) might have influence, magic is real enough for people to tell the difference between superstition and the real thing.  Turandarok lives in Sandpoint, and is an honest-to-goodness wizard (of undetermined level) and he runs both an orphanage and an 'Academy' - though most of his students don't learn much more than literacy and basic arithmetic.

I will then make some changes she needs a way to earn a living and that will work out.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Triggvi on February 27, 2013, 01:46:02 PM
He is outsider(native) and humanoid(human)
If your human heritage is Shoanti, then that works.  Though Shoanti aren't an agricultural society, and don't fit your background as a farmer.

Might I suggest http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/race-traits/innocent-aasimar as a racial trait?
As for religious traits, you need to worship the appropriate deity to take them.  Inner beauty reflects dedication to the goddess Shelyn, not unearthly beatitude.

If you want to take something sexual (re: the Roman matrons that paid good money to copulate with gladiatorial champions)  We could probably work something out.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 27, 2013, 01:55:12 PM
I will then make some changes she needs a way to earn a living and that will work out.
Nothing would prevent her from making good money from powerless fetishes.  Modern-day 'psychics'  prove that.

RubySlippers

I decided to have some fun if magic is as diverse as early pseudoscience and the like then she can play. I took a knowledge of Aether Magic its a rare system and practice of arcana where there is a aether around the lines of magical power. Using ancient techniques runes, elizers and rituals she can imbue this into items since its a shade of the real magic it cannot be detected and its influrences are far more subtle. In fact many wizards fail to understand this and its a pity it compliments the lines of power that the Art draes from.

Well it will give her a philosophy and magical science backing up her claims and it will sound nice lines of power, the aether force, spheres of the celestian and infernal realms and the elemental anchors etc. etc.

Well that is how her master taught her magic worked.

hippyness

I will update and finalize my character as soon as I have time.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

RubySlippers

Blinkin

Why not just say, "The force Luke, remember the Force...

Or, "I see that your swortz is as big as mine..."

Lydia is up and (I think) all finished up... oops, Profession! Need to do that one!
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Blinkin on February 27, 2013, 03:18:16 PM
Why not just say, "The force Luke, remember the Force...

Or, "I see that your swortz is as big as mine..."

Lydia is up and (I think) all finished up... oops, Profession! Need to do that one!
Points for the Spaceballs reference.
God, I miss John Candy.

RubySlippers

Because if the town wizard takes offense her BS must sound as good as his BS, or at least sound like good enough BS that her BS is not unplausible.

Seriously though there are in our history tons of takes on science and such so magic cannot be all unified, she has a branch likely just off the mainstream she does use traditional magical theory just adds her branch she practices to that one. It also happens to have its own theory, lingo, language and well seems to her as legitimate as others she learned about.

Remember she is not bluffing she really believes her fetishes and elixers and rituals have value and is as real as tossing a sleep spell at an orc just the former is suble magic and the latter overt magic they are both to her magic if one casts a truth spell on her she would say yes this amulet of good fortune will work as I said (she will always believe that).

Phaia

wow i dont drop by for a day or 2 and everything changes now i have anotehr i need to get cracking on

Phaia

Ravenhawk

Quote from: Phaia on February 27, 2013, 03:48:06 PM
wow i dont drop by for a day or 2 and everything changes now i have anotehr i need to get cracking on

Phaia

This was less than twelve hrs I think. And I got so many meds in me right now, I can't focus enough to make a char.

Blinkin

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 03:23:18 PM
Points for the Spaceballs reference.
God, I miss John Candy.

"Who are you?"
"Barf!"
"Not in this car! This is a mercedes!"

Yes, I miss John Candy myself. A real comedy talent.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 01:57:12 PM
If your human heritage is Shoanti, then that works.  Though Shoanti aren't an agricultural society, and don't fit your background as a farmer.

Might I suggest http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/race-traits/innocent-aasimar as a racial trait?
As for religious traits, you need to worship the appropriate deity to take them.  Inner beauty reflects dedication to the goddess Shelyn, not unearthly beatitude.

If you want to take something sexual (re: the Roman matrons that paid good money to copulate with gladiatorial champions)  We could probably work something out.
I was thinking of it as more of an adopted thing for the bred for war. He was feed and trained by his owner for 20 years. What if we call the inner beauty a spell like ability and use charatin in its place as a trait?

The innocent assimar is intetesting but that means he has the lie yo grt the bonus.

yesiroleplay

I'm not sure what "lie yo grt" is - maybe "lie to get"?
Little white lies are what keeps civilization going - so by lying he's actually helping the greater good!

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 08:09:27 PM
I'm not sure what "lie yo grt" is - maybe "lie to get"?
Little white lies are what keeps civilization going - so by lying he's actually helping the greater good!
Lying his way through life was not how i pictured him. Iol.  Started with a concept and created him. The fluff on the traits feels less important than what they do.

Typing this out on a phone. Sorry about that.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 01:57:12 PM

What if we meat half way. Let me keep the Bred for war and I will take innocent assimar and and give up inner beauty?

I will Bred for War, Innocent Assimar and charatin

Triggvi

I took armor expert and innocent assimar. I was holding on too tight to my concept.

yesiroleplay

LOL - actually, I was thinking I was holding on to tight to the letter rather than the spirit of the rules.
You can keep the original traits if you like,whichever you decide.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 28, 2013, 12:38:26 PM
LOL - actually, I was thinking I was holding on to tight to the letter rather than the spirit of the rules.
You can keep the original traits if you like,whichever you decide.
You are awesome. I will make the changes.

Thanks

RubySlippers

Blinkin

Is Lydia acceptible for the game? Just want to know if I need to make any changes.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Blinkin on February 28, 2013, 03:46:04 PM
Is Lydia acceptible for the game? Just want to know if I need to make any changes.
She's good to go, though I didn't add up the skill points they do look right.

I see da hippie still hasn't got around to his character, as it's still based on a 25-pt buy.

So that's two characters ready to go, one due anytime, and one that hippyness will get to when he has time.

Triggvi

Mine is ready to go. Glabrous Hellion steps on the field of glory.

TheRaven

I'm thinking about doing a party face with lots of out-of-combat stuff to do. How does a Detective Bard sound?
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.