Pathfinder RPG with E6 Game Rules - GM/Player Interest Check

Started by RubySlippers, February 19, 2013, 06:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I was thinking it might be fun to have a Pathfinder game with the E6 game rules where you capped at Level 6 more of a down to earth sort of game based in a township or other local where your fairly normal people who rise to mighty powers at Level 6 (oooooo ahhhhhh). This would focus more on character development and around a kingdom at most.

If we can get a GM and players interested this could be fun.

The more flexibility and rules used the better IMHO since well your capped at Character Level 6.

TheRaven

I'll toss my hat in for player interest (and possibly GM interest if no one else will).
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

RubySlippers

Nice I was thinking off the top of my head a 15 point by more down to earth but still above average. And starting at 1st level so when you reach the uber-powerful 6th level people can be impressed the local woman made it.

Not sure of class though or classes I have ideas multiclassing in this format gives one interesting options.

Blinkin

I'm tentitively interested. I don't know anything about the E6 or exactly what you're looking for incharacters, so I'm not entriely sure.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

RubySlippers

E6 is a set of rules for DnD that limit the levels to character level six, but xp can be used to buy feats after that. The idea is a commoner would see a level six (insert class) and go oh my god he kicked the butts of twelve town guards, that big troll or tossed a fireball destroying ten orcs and the jaws drop since the npc expert can't do that or the common farmer. So the characters when they cap be that a level five rogue with a level of a prestige class or level six fighter or so forth is really powerful.

Link to the supplement:
http://esix.pbworks.com/f/E6v041.pdf

I just think it would be a nice change of pace.

Blinkin

It looks interesting. I have a couple of questions that I would like clarified, if it's ok, but I'm leaning heavily toward playing.

1. Races. Would a half-elf ranger be an acceptable character?
2. Do the classes get their class features, and the races their racial features? As an example, dwarves get a but load of racial stuff, half-elves not so much, and so on. Or will these be restricted?
3. Any limitations on the feats, beyond what the levels allow? If I'm planning a character's advancement, it'll be nice to know if things like Boon Companion would work as written.

Thanks
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

RubySlippers

Okay its up to the GM but classes and such stay the same, remember all characters cap so nuances in the long run don't matter. Feats again you need to meet the requirements so some feats are never going to happen. On the plus side you can pick up all kinds some unique and even raise ability scores by +2 each [just takes two feats each though].  But overall its up to the GM most tend to play with the rules more open some are more strict.

But it does in my view make character building easier in some ways.

Phaia

I think I would be intereted in playing in this

Read up on the E6 stuff and I like it

and have no problem with gaining feats to help define the character

I always liked getting free feats from GMs that see them as ways to build characters without going overboard

Phaia

Sabre

I love the sound of this.  Too bad I'm still reading and trying to learn how to GM for 3.5E/Pathfinder so I doubt I'd be the best choice to run this game.  But I'd be interested in playing regardless.  Probably a fighter to keep things simple.

hippyness

Interested but more importantly RubySlippers, thank you for introducing this game mod to me. I felt the game was most fun from 3 to 5, so this is fully of interest to me.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

RubySlippers

I like it to for DnD 3.X to, won't work for the Basic Fantasy RPG but that is simple anyway.

I think we need to get some characters posted though and as a framework until a GM pops up lets do 1st Level characters with a generous 25 point buy these are heroes after all and it still limits uber high ability scores. If that sounds okay and no evil characters. Just so I can have something to do with a character. Then if a GM shows up to run it I think someone did earlier we will be good to go.

And I requested this so I get the guarenteed spot I hope.  :P

Blinkin

Ok, revamped and reworked. Lets hope that She's done!

Name: Lydia Redfern         Player: Blinkin
Race: Half-Elf            Sex: Female
Class: Ranger            Favored Class: Ranger/fighter
Level: 1            EXP: 000
Alignment: NG         Next Level: 2,000

Physical Description:
Lydia could be best described as a striking woman of unusual beauty.  A mass of rich chestnut colored hair falls about her face and shoulders in curly locks; framing a lightly tanned face that’s dominated by slightly upturned almond shaped Sky blue eyes. Slightly pouty lips under a straight nose and a firm, almost stubborn chin completes her visage.  An athletic figure with a combination of soft curves and firm muscles is accentuated with generous C-cup breast, a slender, toned waist and flaring out into rounded hips and rear. Long, lean legs and well worked arms complete the image. She is most often seen in well made, serviceable, if not overly expensive clothing in natural colors.

Personality:
Lydia is a woman who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching her. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse her every breath and she firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people anoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, she is as much at home in a crowd of people in a tavern as she is in the wilds of the forest as she tracks evil beings wherever she might find them.

Background:
Lydia is the only child of parents with a serious taste of wonderlust and desire to see what was around the next hill; settling down only long enough to restore their supplies, make some more coin and gather up items to sell in the next town or settlement that they came to.

When Lydia was in her early teens, her family was set upon by an Orc band and it was, as to be expected, a slaughter. Her parents were killed and Lydia left for dead among the wreckage of the wagon and supplies. Lost and alone, she continued along the roadway and avoided the same band of bandits only by shere luck before she was found by a older ranger and taken under his wing just outside the town of Sandy Point. As time went on, Lydia became an not uncommon sight in the forest and surrounding lands as she learned her craft and made decent bows to sell in town from time to time for the extra coin.

Ability Scores:
STR:12  (+1) Carry: L: 43, M: 86, H: 130
DEX:16 (+3)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 14 +2)
CHA: 12 (+1)

Saving Throws:            Combat:
Fort: +3               HP: 11/11
Reflex: +5            Init: +5
Will: +2               Speed: 30’

Offense:               Defense:
Base Attack:+2            AC: 16
Base Damage: +1            AC (Flatfooted): 13
Ranged: +5               AC (Touch):13
CMB:+2            CMD: 5
AC(Special):  +2 vs Orcs

Class Skills:  (6+INT)
4 Climb(STR)    (3+1)
7 Craft: Bows(INT) (3+1+1+2)
5 Handle Animal (CHA) (3+2)
6 Heal (WIS) (3+2+1)
4 Intimidate (CHA) (3+1)
4 Knowledge: Dungeoneering (INT) (3+1)
5 Knowledge: Geography (INT) (3+1+1)
5 Knowledge: Nature (INT) (3+1+1)
7 Perception (WIS) (3+2+1(9 in natural surroundings)
5 Profession; Bower/Fletcher (INT) (3+1+1)
6 Ride (DEX) (3+3)
4 Spellcraft (INT) (3+1)
7 Stealth (DEX) (3+3+1)
6 Survival (WIS)(3+2+1)
4 Swim (Str) (3+1)
7 Track (Survival+1/2 level)

Languages: Common, Elven, Orc, Goblin

Feats:
(RF=Racial Feat, CF=Class Feature)

Pinpoint Shot (+1 to attack within 30 feet)
CF-Favored Enemy; Orcs (+2 Bluff, Knowledge, Percept, Sense Mot., Survival vs Orcs)
CF-Wild Empathy (Acts like Diplo skill, ½ lvl+Cha bonus
CF -Track (+1/2 level to survival to identify or follow tracks)

Traits/racial traits:
Elven Immunities: Immune to magical sleep and +2 vs charm spells/effects.
Keen Senses (+2 to perception
Lowlight vision, 60 ft
Elf Blood (count as both races for effects related to race)
Drow Magic: Can cast as Spell like Ability 1x day at class level:
Darkness: CT: 1, Range: Touch, Target: 1 object, Dur: 1 minn/lvl
Fairy Fire: CT: 1, Range: 400 +40ft/lvl, Target: Creatures within 5ft burst, Dur: 1 min/lvl -20 to stealth
Dancing lights: CT: 1, Range 100+10/lvl, 4 lights in 10 ft, Dur: 1 min/lvl
Ranger Favored Class; Half-Elf: Gains 1 SR per level for animal companion
Elven Reflexes (+2 to Init)
Eyes of the Wild (+2 Perception in natural surroundings)

Coin:
GP13
SP:4
CP: 5

Equipment:
MW Composit longbow(+1 STR) 33.3 gp
Damage1D6/1D8, Crit: x3, Range: 110 ft, Weight: 3lbs:
Dagger: 2gp
Dam: 1D3/1D4, Crit: 19-20 x2, Range: 10 ft, Weight: 1lbs
Studded Leather Armor: 25 gp
AC: +3, Dex Max: +5, Check Penalty: -1, 20 lbs
Arrows, Durable (22): 14, 6 lbs
Backpack: 2, 2 lbs
Belt pouch: .5, 1 lbs,
Blanket, Common(x2): .2, 2 lbs
Outfit, Explorer’s(x2): 1, 2 lbs
Fishhooks (5): .5, neg
Flint/Steel: 1, neg
String/twine (50 f)t): .01, Neg
Tools,Masterwork (Bow): 55, 5 lbs (+2 to craft rolls)
Canteen: 2, 1 lbs
Total Weight: 43 lbs
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

You can trade off things to customize the traits you know, multitalented could be removed in this for another racial ability for example unless you plan to multicalss the character. But that does offer some options to.

Anyway looking at the stats a 20 point buy is likely better, be just heroic level I'll do that to and lower the points some on my character. Be above the norm but have areas they are not awesome at.

Blinkin

The options to change multi-talented weren't appealing or wouldn't fit into the concept. I would love to switch it with something else, but as she's not drow blooded, nothing else seemed to work... unless the GM gives me an option to use a trait not in the racial list, I'm pretty much stuck with it.

The character is on a 25 point build, I can adjust if the GM decides to go lower, but there really isn't much difference between the two when you look at ability cost.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Koyume

I'm interested, if you're still recruiting players. I've always wanted to try E6.

RubySlippers

The 25 point build is great to, always prefered it for some odd reason.

hippyness

Quote from: Blinkin on February 23, 2013, 12:05:47 PM
The character is on a 25 point build, I can adjust if the GM decides to go lower, but there really isn't much difference between the two when you look at ability cost.

I counted your points and you've only spent 20. Less if you placed the Half Elf +2 to a stat.
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

Blinkin

Hmmm... you're right... I wonder what I was thinking... So, she gets an ability boost andsome refigured stats. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

I also need to see if I can work up a description and back story for her, but I was waiting for more information (or a DM) to give us some specifics on the location so I can tailor it a bit.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

hippyness

Quote from: Blinkin on February 23, 2013, 06:31:38 PM
Hmmm... you're right... I wonder what I was thinking... So, she gets an ability boost andsome refigured stats. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

I also need to see if I can work up a description and back story for her, but I was waiting for more information (or a DM) to give us some specifics on the location so I can tailor it a bit.

Welcomes. I was working on my stats and kept jumping back and forth. It took me a few counts and recounts to be sure.

I'm waiting on some more info too. I've decided pretty well on a bard. Being my favorite class, it makes sense for trying out a new rule set but a rogue may work better in the leveling framework given... I don't know...

Blinkin

As a general rule, I avoid casters of any type. I hated them in AD&D, D&D and Pathfinder just confuses me in regards to all of the options. I also tend to be a traditionalist when it comes to races mainly because no one wants to play them when there's so many more exotic racesavailable.

Hopefully, the ranger will be fun in this system and we'll have some fun.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

hippyness

I understand how you feel. I use to avoid magic, but have enjoyed Bards and Clerics.

And I like playing as Human, although Half Elf is still my favorite. I can play Halflings and Pathfinder Gnomes but those are specific characters I have enjoyed, not playing the race as a whole.

RubySlippers

Well I'm working on a Wizard, who will be looking at wearing armor starting 3rd level and is a advocatus (lawyer sort) and professional wizard. Come on those charms of love, amulets of good fortune and potions of vitality as in keeps you fit crafted with her mark on them should sell to the commoners well enough not to mention rituals to shield the home from evil spirits. Cha-ching!

Reminds me I need to get Craft (fake magical items) as a skill.

Blinkin

Remember, we're probably starting off at 1st and and I figure as likely as not in a small town/village... so those you're selling to may be your neighbors and not be too happy to know that one of their own may of tried to make them into fools. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

hippyness

Good luck charms are always handy. So are crop growing rituals and water witchery.

RubySlippers

Quote from: hippyness on February 23, 2013, 07:38:01 PM
Good luck charms are always handy. So are crop growing rituals and water witchery.

What, they are authentic runes and symbols of power and she crafted them and if it fails to work well then its the will of the gods or something. I see tons of them from occult suppliers nowadays who is to say its not going to work at all? If that amulet of wealth is on and you make a good deal or find a copper coin or get a better job it worked right.