Legendary: The Arena

Started by Kane, March 11, 2014, 07:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

I based my characters background on his stats.

Kane

Yeah, you are free to do as you wish with your stats though. As I said earlier, there is something else at work here, so your characters will find themselves being more powerful than they should be. However, for the purposes of realism, your background would probably still affect your stats. It's not a big deal for me, it depends more on how much realism you want to have with your character.

Siereis

Also..what is the climate like?  Typical 'European'?

Kane

Think UK. Though at the beginning of the game it's summer, so the weather is warm.

Juggtacular

Name: Kelsier Fredericks
Afflictions: None

Possessions: A black sneak suit covered with pouches and hidden linings. A hood and mask to conceal his identity, and a small cape.

Appearance:

Personality: Kelsier is always cool, calm, collected, and level headed no matter the situation. His upbringing and lifestyle have made his way of looking at things a necessity if he wants to live another day. One nervous mistake, one wrong move, and he's dead. So he makes sure that no matter what the situation is, he maintains as much control over it as possible. He tends to see people for their value to him over friendship in the beginning. Force of habit really, but if you stick by him and earn his trust, he'd put his life on the line for you. Don't be surprised if he expects you to do the same for him though. He's also a bit of a joker, which tends to make people drop their guard around him.

Skills:

Magic Skill -
Darkness Magic -
Kelsier has an intrinsic connection to shadows and darkness, allowing him to manipulate them for his own uses. So far he has access to two distinct forms of Darkness spells.

Shadow Blending - When shadows are present, Kelsier is capable of blending in with them. His bodies connection with the darkness makes it so that he becomes a living shadow himself. Whilst moving in the shadows he will be practically invisible, even if someone was looking directly at where he was.

Shadow Step - The Shadow Step is a magical technique that allows Kelsier to convert his entire body into dark energy and instantaneously teleport from one point in space to another. It's mainly used to disorient opponents in a fight as well as augmenting Kelsier's fighting style, or for quick getaways and escapes. (Shadows/Darkness are not necessary to use this ability, but it does make it easier and more efficient as Kel can draw on the shadows instead of his own energy)

Combat Skill - Dual Wield

Extra Skills -
Sixth Sense(A tingling he gets when things are about to go wrong or out of the ordinary)
Enhanced Perception(With enough concentration, his perception of time shifts so things seem to happen in slow motion)

Attributes:
Strength: 8
Nerve: 3
Agility: 8
Perception: 3 
Might: 8

History: Born Dominic Dufresne, Kelsier was the only heir to the prestigious Defresne Shipping Company. His family had been one of the wealthiest and most powerful in the city for generations, built on the backbreaking work of his great great great grandfather with numerous legal and illicit business dealings. The power center of the DSC was in Gravenport, which meant despite their power, they were always at risk just like everyone else. Eight years though, eight years he made it before tragedy befell the entirety of his family.

A few other families decided that together they could get a good sum of money from Dufresne Shipping. In the night, all of the guards and his parents were killed. Luckily Dominic was staying with a friend for that weekend while his rooms were being refurbished. News spread quickly, and the rival families split the property and holdings between themselves even faster. Dominic would have been killed the moment he was found if not for his fathers best friend, a man like a brother to him named Morlun. Morlun had numerous contacts in the underworld, which was how it was so easy for Dorian(Dominic's father) to continue with the undersided nature of the business.

Morlun found him and whisked young Dominic away into the night. He told him in no short terms that Dominic Dufresne was dead. He'd died that night with his mother and father. He'd even left the body of a young boy in his place so people would believe the rumors he started circulating. He took him under his wing and began training him to survive in this harsh world, and so he could eventually do what both of them wanted...take revenge for those taken from them. For the next several years, "Kelsier Fredericks" trained under Morlun and his men to become the best the underworld had to offer.

He excelled at his training, and even at a young age he became infamous. Word was he could steal anything or assassinate anyone...for the right price of course. One job that seemed easy enough should have raised his eyebrow, but it didn't. He was hired to kill one of the men who'd orchestrated the downfall of his family. He jumped at the chance, but when he got there he found out that it was a trap. Somehow he'd found out who Kelsier really was, and wanted to kill him. Kel did succeed his mission though; he killed the man before he got caught and made sure that his secret followed that man to his grave. His sentence? The Arena. He awaits the moment where he can escape and get back to business as usual.

Additional: No guy on guy.

seekeroftruth22

Name: Kirito
Afflictions: none . . .

Possessions: dark grey shirt, black pants and a black trench coat (picture

Appearance: large pictures (put in spoilers because i forgot how to shrink them, i have been gone for a bit)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
front
back

Personality: Kirito was usually the loner and solo type of person due to his grandfather making him constantly train to fight harder and longer, this coupled with homeschooling and little if any social interation has made him quiet and unsure of himself when forced to talk to other people, girls are the worst

Skills:
combat: 1# duel wield 2# hand to hand combat
non-combat skills: 1# iron will 2# quick hands
Attributes:
Strength: 10
Nerve: 1
Agility:8
Perception: 10 
Might:1

History: Kirito came from a family that was deeply involved in a sport called "Ken-do" and Kirito was a prodigy much to his grandfather's approval, he owned the dojo. after winning every match with a single blade Kirito opted to use a style called "Nito Ryu" the art of duel wielding, at first this made his grandfather upset thinking his grandson was throwing his talent away on a style that could get him hurt and make Kitiro lose matches, this was quickly proved wrong when Kirito won a championship using this style, it was winning this tournament that got Kirito imprisoned, he had accidentally hurt the son of a drug king pin and was framed for the murder of his grandfather.

Additional: no guys please, if it can be avoided cool! if not oh well. if i need to change anything please let me know
I have taken the Oath of the Drake

AurelieCatena

Name: Adèle Louve de la Renardière, aka Louve, aka the Red Panthera

Possessions: A sexy black silk and lace night gown

Appearance: (See picture)

Personality: Gracious, well-mannered, mysterious, seductive, manipulative, treacherous, amoral. 

Skills:
Combat: Lasso/Whip, Evade
Other: Escapology/lockpicking, manipulation

Attributes:
Strength: 3
Nerve: 9
Agility: 10
Perception: 8 
Might: 0

History: Adèle is the descendant of an old noble family of Normandy, France. Her family has traditionally owned lands on both sides of the Channel. Since the French Revolution, those lands have been reduced a lot so that members of her family have had to work to maintain the few manors they have managed to retain.

Adèle's natural inclination for acting and her beauty led her to an early career in the music hall as a magician, contortionist, escapologist… However, she was quickly remarked by the secret service of her Majesty and she was hired as a spy. Soon later, Adèle found that she could make a better living by spying also for the French Republic. For a couple of years she spied in both direction, earning a strong, if secret, reputation in both countries.

Then English were the first to notice something was wrong with her. One night they broke into her rich flat in the centre of London, woke her up in the middle of the night and arrested her. Although no material evidence could be brought against her, torture forced her to confess her crimes. This condemned her to the Arena.

Additional: I love extreme torture, extreme bondage and extreme humiliation. I hate romance and vanilla sex. Please do not attempt to pleasure her.

Batman4560

Here here! To the downfall of romance and vanilla sex! *Raises a glass of wine.*

seekeroftruth22

*raises bottle of grey goose vodka* I'll drink to that!
I have taken the Oath of the Drake

AurelieCatena

I told you not to attempt to pleasure me! Stop cheering at me like that!

;-)

Juggtacular

Cheers. Can't wait to see you in action.  O8)

Kane

seekeroftruth22 and AurelieCatena approved, moved to the OOC thread.

Juggtacular, check your IM for the magic concept suggestion when you have time, we just need to flesh it out and then you'll be approved.

Kane

Juggtacular approved, moved to the OOC thread.

Five is a good number. I'm willing to take in more players, but more is not needed.

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Kane on March 12, 2014, 09:09:30 AM
seekeroftruth22 and AurelieCatena approved, moved to the OOC thread.

Thanks!

Drake Valentine

Name:
Felix Everbane
Afflictions:
None

Possessions:
Only his leather vest and boots, brown shorts, green short shirt, and of course his gloves.

Appearance:
Felix isn’t the tallest of men out there, in fact he is fairly short for his stature; only standing at a good 5’6” in height. His build makes up for his rather short stature, strong muscular legs, a toned abdomen, and  even his arms carries plenty of equal distribute muscle about them to give the youth a rather athletic appeal.  His wavy brown hair is medium length, nestling just at his shoulders. His eyes possess an unnatural ruby hue to them and often he meets everyone with a rather confident and cocky expressions.

Personality:
Outgoing is probably the best way to describe him. He is normally hyperactive involving most things and it is unknown where he gets all his energy from. He also isn’t the sort to just as easily back down as most people may. He does not believe in running from challenges, everything should be faced head on. This doesn’t mean that he may rush headlong into it, no, from his teachings he has been trained to keep a calm and collective mind in the best approach with dealing with a problem at hand.

Skills:
Combat
Martial Arts(hand to hand) - Felix is a primary hand to hand combatant and as a result he knows how to utilize his body to the fullest in battle. For him, there is no other weapon he can trust than himself.
Other:
Acrobatics - Felix is capable of performing ’flashy’ evasive maneuvers that sometimes may seem impossible to most people. He always has a great sense of balance and typically uses his environment or his opponents to his advantage.
Blind Fighting - Where as being unable to see may effect most combatants, it does little to bother Felix. To fight without relying on eyesight was one of the many fundamentals he was trained in growing up and he may often use this technique if an opponent is too difficult to follow with relying on eyes alone.

Attributes:
Strength: 10
Nerve: 0
Agility: 10
Perception: 10
Might: 0

History:
The young man has known little of the outside world, from the start of growing up he was raised within a monastery. From there at an early age the monks taught him how to live a rather pious lifestyle and the best way to achieve such was through self sacrifice and discipline. Being just a child then and orphan under their care, he believed them and gave it his all to live in their self image. Every day for the nearly pass nineteen years he spent his time between exercising, training, eating, sleeping, and cleaning the monastery. Never once had he dreamed of the world outside of it; but that in time would change.

Finally the crime was bold enough to ransack even the most holy of areas. Men who did no fear God, who openly killed many of Felix’s ‘brothers’ and ‘sisters.’ The young man was taken prisoner, probably along with several other survivors that day. Little would he dream that he would be thrown into another bird cage, one harsher and much more cruel than what he was accustomed to growing up to.

Additional:
Preferences

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Kane

In general, having stats at 0 is never a good idea.

Having 0 nerve could mean that in situations where nerve check is required: Say someone uses an ability that will distract you unless your nerve check is succesful, you will potentially fail every time. If you are happy with this, go ahead.

So far as 'might' goes, it's a bit different ball game, it does affect your ability to resist magic, but realistically, it makes sense that not everyone has resistance to magic, as it is a magical attribute in itself.

Please inform me if you want to go ahead with this character as is, or if you want to make any chances. I can approve it as is, though, as there is nothing I'm personally worried about.

(If anyone else feels like they want to change their bio in light of this, give me a nudge and I'l sort it for you, at this phase of the story, it's easy enough for me to tweak your bio. Sorry for forgetting it from the description... Will update.)

Drake Valentine

Oh? I thought 'nerve' was mostly for range weapon use or magic, since in the parenthesis it had all of such as listed.  Hence is why I left it alone at the time. Though wouldn't there still be a chance of evading even when 'distracted?' Or will evade suffer whatever penalty?

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Kane

Evade will suffer penality from being distracted, but it won't be completely useless unless your character is blinded. So high agility (Which affects evading) does compensate lack of nerve to some extent. I apologise again for the insufficient description of the system. (Seeing as the system is there more to complement than to dictate roleplay, it's not that important. Most of the time the imagination of the player is more important than their stats anyway.)

Drake Valentine

Hmmm, alright then. Well I am fine with him as is. Just makes him 'gullible' xD

Kane

Yeah, lack of nerve does cause one to be a bit jumpy, I'd imagine, but that by no means means lack of bravery, just might be easy to startle, hmm? But, anyway, approved and moved to the OOC thread ((Well, in a minute it will be  moved anyway.))

Your opening post in the main thread will be same as everyone else's so I'll just add it to my last post in there, feel free to post a response at your leisure. I'll not be responding today though, I'm high on codein... There's a good side to being in pain, ey?

Divine Tenacity

Are you still recruiting for this thread? I'm quite interested. If so, I'll get a character sheet up later on today for your approval.

EDIT: Took a little less time than I thought. C/S as follows:

Name: Violet or Vy to her friends (she has no friends)

Possessions: As seen in image

Personality: Rude, tenacious, arrogant. Somewhat outspoken when faced with a situation she does not care for, but is mostly quiet and analytical.  Violet doesn't take shit from anyone, which is how she ended up in this mess in the first place. She respects others when respect is due. If she had friends, maybe she would lighten up a bit.

Skills:
Dual wielding: Can and will use a weapon in each hand.
Proficient Acrobatic : Able to use various skills learned in order to evade, dodge or counterattack.
Hand to Hand Combatant: Proficient at Ninjutsu, Aikido, and Traditional Jujitsu

Attributes:
Strength: 7
Nerve: 6
Agility:7
Perception:7
Might:3

History: Violet does not have much of a past. She was raised as an orphan in a monastery, learning the art of staying silent in the shadows. Unfortunately there was a raid on the monastery by a bandit company in the middle of the night and she barely escaped with her life. She joined a traveling circus of little renown as an acrobat, keeping her head down and her mouth shut until the day her fellow acts decided to take turns taking her. She left them with throats slit in the middle of the night and travelled onwards to a large where she got work as a mercenary, despite her small size. She made quite a living until one employer got handsy and tried to rape her once more. He got away with it, but paid with his life. To her dismay, she learned her employer was Patriarch of the city. She was immediately found and clapped in chains, thrown into jail to await her fate.

Additional: Doesn't mind rape, blood, or multiple partners. Does mind when bodily fluids (and not the good kind) are involved.
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Kane

I am not recruting, per say. However, I am willing to take in more participants up to ten characters (After ten the workload just becomes too huge for one GM, and since my system is sort of a mess, it'd be hard to get another GM involved :P I'd have to change the whole system to DnD or something, and that's more work than I want to do as well, and too restrictive for the freeform style of roleplay I want to encourage. xD)

So yes, you're in, I can see nothing wrong with your character, so I'll move it to the OOC topic at my earliest convenience, and post you an opener :)

Divine Tenacity

Awesome, thanks for having me! I wasn't too sure if you had a cut off point yet or not, so I decided to take my chances. 'Tis good that you are wiling to take on one more, I will do my best to not disappoint!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!