Stargate Meets Firefly

Started by Cyclops, December 01, 2009, 12:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyclops

I don't have a problem with the concept myself, but we are already pushing the max players I wanted, come up with a character and we'll see, but no guarantees.
Remember the words of the High Lord Mhoram...  "It takes strength to judge the weakness of others, I am not so mighty."

Cyclops

So, I am preparing our opening sequence, of course, not all characters will be active immediately as I am planning the role play to kind of take the form of something on a screen with scenes and sequences of action.

So a few questions...

First of all, is there anyone who wants to be the key to unlocking the ancient knowledge?  I want to be vague as I'd like to discuss this option in private and have it be kind of a surprise plot twist for everyone else.

Secondly, in the initial intro, I think we should have a lead-in before Erickson's traitorous nature becomes apparent to the group, sort of to introduce the character interactions.

So, any ideas here, comments, I'm kind of anxious to get things started and going.
Remember the words of the High Lord Mhoram...  "It takes strength to judge the weakness of others, I am not so mighty."

politicallyINcorrect

Is there still any open slots on this one?  I'm quite interested in joining this gig.  If not, no biggie though.
I'm back-ish.  Finals week, yuck!
On's and Off's

Cyclops

I really do think we might be full, but you can put a character on stand-by, in case one of the major characters goes away or whatever...

ChaNeko

I would like to apologize to everyone for taking this long in my decision, but with so many other people also wanting in on your wonderful plan for a game, I have to admit... I am stumped.  I have a familiarity with Stargate but much prefer and become inspired by Firefly/Serenity.  Thus my character concept would have to be completely scrapped and I would be creating a new one... one that I am not ready with nor do I seem to be flushing out as quickly as I would like.

Please forgive me and think kindly on me as I back out, leaving my prospective place open for whomever you elect to fill it.  I will be reading your story-line like a rabid fan.

In anticipation,
ChaNeko

politicallyINcorrect

Name: William “Liam” Vandal
Race:  Caucasian
Home:  Whitefall

Description:  Liam is a semi-large man, standing at an even 6’.  He is lean, with broad shoulders and a narrow waist, making him look more intimidating.  His hair is a raven black, cut short so it is practical and easy to maintain.  His bright blue eyes are often cold and uncaring, but are highly observant.  He tended to spot things others might miss, his natural curiosity making it a type of past-time.  His hands were calloused on the palms from hard labor and chemicals, along with many types of weapons.  He also had scarred knuckles from many fights, his attitude grating on people’s nerves quite often.

Background: Liam lived on Whitefall since his family moved there when he was three.  Living on that hostile moon, he grew up with a gun in hand, more often two.  He was well known for his short temper, and willingness to fight.  When he turned sixteen, he was offered a job in one of the more popular bars, taking it immediately.  There, he fought, and even killed a couple times when things got out of hand.  They still didn’t stop coming though.  In fact, it even attracted more people on the off chance he fought with someone.  He immediately took a job on a smuggling ship when the opportunity arose, giving him a chance to build his arsenal of weapons, and knowledge.  Today, he is a true definition of mercenary, hiring onto any ship that would pay him for it, and performing his duties to the best of his ability.

Technology:  Liam has few worldly possessions, but the ones he does have, he keeps in excellent condition.  He has a large array of weapons, including a modified Alliance Rifle with a hair trigger and thermal scope.  It wasn’t his favorite weapon, however, preferring the larger, long-distance rifles.  His favorite was his modified 54R sniper rifle, with extended magazine, optional automatic setting, and long distance scope.  He also possesses a pair of modified Alliance Pistols with custom ivory grip, below-barrel laser sights, suppressors (for them quiet jobs), and a side mounted flashlight.  Jammed into his boot tops are often a pair of double edged knives, and he wears a large knife hanging at his waist, not to mention the various other cutting implements he keeps hidden on his person and sewn into secret pockets on his coat.
On's and Off's

Cyclops

Alright, so can I get a roll call?  Who is ready to start?

politicallyINcorrect

Well, I'm just a fill-in, but I'm here.
On's and Off's

Michael Corvus

My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

ShamshielDF

Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Michael Corvus

My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Cyclops

It is, but I am hesitant to start without more than just a few people responding.  I'll take a consensus though, should we just go ahead and start?

politicallyINcorrect

On's and Off's

Cyclops

Wow, is this idea dead or something?  Alright, reworking the roster, who is still here?

I mean, I just wanted to get a game together.

politicallyINcorrect

On's and Off's

ChaNeko

Pardon me for sticking my nose in again... if you need the numbers, I am certainly capable of bringing my Firefly-heavy concept back or creating a new one.  Your set up for the game made me realize the disproportionate amount of material there is to view regarding Firefly/Serenity versus Stargate.  As much as I loved the original movie of Stargate, I never got into the series'.

Let me know if I should contact you again regarding this wonderful story/game idea or just sit back and read it like the fan girl I am.

ChaNeko