Cold Creek (Survival/Horror small group, paranormal, supernatural)

Started by WindVoyager, May 20, 2017, 01:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

Game Type: Freeform/GM driven
Recruitment status: OPEN
Character Restrictions: No fantasy creatures
Category: Exotic
Setting: Modern, horror

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269612.0  cold creek OOC

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269736.0  INC Jacks Inn and Stop And Go gas station

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=271515.0 Lakeview Hotel

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269716.0  profiles

Summary

Because i have a very serious craving to RP something in my fictional town of Cold Creek

Welcome to Cold Creek. Its a quiet place to be. At least that's what the faded and worn sign that was barely visible through the thick grey fog stated, the hooded lights hanging on the sign flickering and giving off a sickly yellow glow that barely illuminated the cracking surface of the old sign mounted near the road leading into town. It supposed to be a popular tourist destination based around Toluca Lake. But something doesn't feel right. The weather was supposed to be clear so why was there a thick swirling fog covering everything?

Your instincts tell you to get back int he car, turn around and go the other way.

But you were supposed to met the others at Jacks Inn........ignore the feeling of wrongness you get back in your car and leave the observation deck and head into town.

The Town

Cold Creek is a small quiet historical town on Toluca Lake. Its current population is about 8 and dwindling fast,the few people that choose to live in Cold Creek live on the outskirts of town.  In other words Cold Creek is a very dead town.

Although Cold Creek initially appears mostly nondescript nothing could be further than the truth. It has a very long bloody and dark history. The lake itself has a long history of drownings, suicides and disappearances including a DUCK watercraft full of tourists and several small watercraft.

To the local tribes of Native Americans, the Toluca Lake area had been known as "The Place of Silenced Spirits", and was long considered to have a kind of spiritual significance and an air of mysterious power. It was considered to be a holy place, where many rituals were conducted in accordance with the indigenous beliefs.

The late 1600s saw the arrival of settlers who would force the indigenous people from their sacred lands. These settlers would remain in the area until the turn of the century. At the start of the 1700's, an epidemic swept through the surrounding area surrounding Toluca Lake. With a large portion of the populace dead, the settlement was abandoned. It wasn't until the start of the 1800's that resettlement began.

Tragedy struck again when, around 1890, people began to mysteriously vanish from Cold Creek. At the turn of the century, Cold Creek was re-imaged as a tourist destination and has become a destination for fisherman and boaters.

Over the years it became a hot spot for murders, accidents, suicides and disappearances caused a decline in tourists and eventually the two was abandoned.

---------------------------------------------
Game Info

Cold Creek is isolated. Once past Jacks Inn there is no cell phone reception, no net, no land lines. This  is a small group game that will focus on psychological horror

This game will feature mature and potentially disturbing content. 

The characters will have depend on each other to survive.

The game will be a semi-sand box.

There are monsters but they are not smut-horror monsters, what ever they are, they are out for blood and fear.

-Explore as much or as little as you like. There is an entire town and the surrounding land that can be explored.

-While a semi sandbox in nature, this game will focus on story arcs throughout the town. These are optional and the players are free to make their own

-This game is open to every one

-Given its long dark history Cold Creek has become a very popular destination for ghost hunters, some of which have vanished over the years.

-Once your character enters Cold Creek, cell phones no longer work and there is no net. There are no working land lines and no radio stations or cable. The exception to this is Jacks Inn though the net and cell phone reception is intermediate at best.

How to arrive

-Take a wrong turn and drive into town.
-Get lost in the woods and find themselves telaported unknowing to Cold Creek
-Something as simple as being transported in a vehicle and waking up to a vehicle devoid of other passengers that has gone off the side of the road
-Ghost Hunters
-someone in your characters family or a friend vanished  or  turned up dead in Cold Creek and your character wants answers
-Your character is on the run from someone or something
-They are looking to start a new life but didn't realize Cold Creek was a dead town (in more then one way)

Plot

As stated before you don't need to know anything about Silent Hill to play. The general gist is that your character either lives in Cold Creek  and witnessed the thick fog rolling in and the sudden loss of all cable, cell and net signals. Or they arrive in the Cold Creek for a variety of reasons.

There are two kinds of monsters in Cold Creek, the physical manifestations of fears and nightmares and the human kind.
------------------------------

Rules

-Respect a players Off\Ons
-Characters have to be twenty or older. This is for the comfort level of all involved
-There is no posting order
-Use the tagging system and use headers
-This game is open to every one
-If you choose to leave the group, please inform the GM and anybody you are RPing with so we're not left hanging
- IC Posts should have substance, no one-liners.
-Communication is key,talk to your fellow players
-This game will contain non-con elements.
-Please try not to keep anybody waiting on a post longer than one week. Real life happens but inform any one you are RPing with that you will be longer
-While not a rule, interaction is not only a good thing, its encouraged. Don't exclude characters because you don't know anything about them or don't want your character to screw them. Go TALK and interact with other characters, it helps build the story

Sex

Yes it will happen but this is a LOW smut game. The focus is on horror, body horror, and the physiological. Not on smut.

F.A.Q

Can I play a monster or Cold Creek resident?

Yes to both. There are people still living in Cold Creek. Most the residents should be unwilling to work with outsiders, going as far to even blame outsiders for the fog, for stirring up the dark evil

What kind of characters suit the game?

Every day people who have some dark past, some dark fear, some connection to Cold Creek. I do not want characters that are flawless and fear-proof.

How many characters can I play?

The current limit is three.

Can I play NPC's?

Yes. I will be providing simple NPCs for players or you can use your own. As a rule, NPCs can be killed off at a moments notice while player run character, you have to have the players permission.

Characters:

No fantasy characters. Both original and fandom based characters from horror games\movies are allowed. You CAN play monsters. The monsters of this world are physical manifestations of fears and nightmares. Think Silent Hill and The Suffering.

-You can have up to three characters, any gender, any sexuality, any race

Player Name:
Character Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Fears\guilt
offs and ons:

Quasar

~waves arms~

Definite interest here!  Will try and get a character drafted up soonish.
Quasar's Bangs (Requests; Updated 2017.08.25)
Quasar's A/As (Updated 2017.08.12)

WindVoyager

PTV

PVT is a recreational drug used by tourists and citizens of Cold Creek.

PTV is purported to be made from an indigenous plant, White Claudia. It was a plant that grew on river banks and lake shores, notable for its long oval-shaped leaves and pure white flowers. The seeds were known to have hallucinogenic properties and were often sought after for use in ancient religious ceremonies, but now it was more common refine the seeds into PTV. Its popular with the tourists and if often blamed for the 'monster' sightings.

Notable Buildings and Places

Jacks Inn

Just outside of town is Jacks Inn, a small run down L-shaped building facing a central parking lot. The rooms are largely the same, dingy and tired with cheap Dollar Store brand art on the walls, cheap carpet and uncomfortable cheap  mattresses. The bathrooms are small and rather barren. It has a distinct lack of any real modern comforts.

The current owner is an unfriendly rough man

The net is limited and often goes down, there are no cell reception.

Lakeveiw Hotel

Closed for renovations

The Lakeview Hotel was a hotel constructed next to Toluca Lake on West Sandford St. in the Resort Area. It was built and run during Silent Hill's tourist boom in order to attract guests to visit the town.

The Hotel has three floors and a large lobby, the rooms were designed to have all the modern comforts for tourists. A terrible fire broke out burning much of the hotel. It is rumored that an old fashioned heater was the cause of the fire, but the truth maybe darker

Pete's Bowl-O-Rama

The bowling alley appears to be run-down and is littered with debris, fallen bowling pins, and dirt. The bowling alley was closed down years ago due to failing interest and due to a terrible murder that happened there. One of the employees, for reasons unknown, tied up the other employees and put them in chairs in a circle so they faced each other. One by one he killed them in a very gruesome manner with a hammer then cut their limbs off and used said limbs in place of bowling balls.

Eddie Dombrowski commonly hangs out here

South Vale

Located on the south-side of Cold Creek across the lake, South Vale is the newer, more modern part of Cold Creek built for tourists. Its separated from the rest of the town by a massive draw bridge. Much of South Vale is in a state of halted construction and has long been abandoned due to a large portion of the native population of Cold Creek being against the construction of South Vale. The fact a small group of protesters damaged the draw bridge so its stuck in the up position didn't help matters.

The Abandoned Mall

The town mall was constructed in the 1990's to cash in on the tourists but like everything in South Vale it was doomed from the start. It struggled to stay in business for a few short years before the owner vanished and the mall was swiftly abandoned. Being on the outskirts it fell rapidly into disrepair. It was cordoned off and like most abandoned buildings, its considered haunted.

The Cold Creek Historical Society

Also known as the Museum of Historical Materials, is a historical museum on the edge of South Vale. The building is designed as a small museum, showcasing photographs and artifacts of Cold Creek's past. Many photos hang on the walls of the museum, some of which show landmarks of the once-famous town. Some pieces also refer to the dark practices that have taken place within Cold Creek.

Imogen

This looks like something I might enjoy.

Player Name: Imogen
Character Name: Joel Hartwright
Orientation: bi-sexual
Marital state: divorced
Profession: aspiring author
Fandom or original: Original Character
Appearance: slender build, short brown hair, brown eyes, trimmed beard/moustache
Personality: inquisitive, outgoing/friendly, always suspicious of ulterior motives, has a vindicative streak
Fears\guilt: feels some guilt over treating his ex-wife badly during marriage and after, some guilt over his selfish nature, fears he'll never write anything worth reading, fears he'll never find that perfect person to spend his lif with/loneliness, suffers from vertigo
offs and ons:

Character - Ons: being admired, intelligence. Offs: boring people, clingy people.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Dys Astyr

I'm interested! I'll have to do some brainstorming and come up with something sufficiently cool after lunch. (My brain doesn't run on empty. >_>)
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

Lady Sakura

Bookmarking. I've been itching for a horror based game. Something to stretch my imagination and test my psychological writing. 

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Lady Sakura

What I have so far.

Player Name: Lady Sakura
Character Name: Leilah Matthews
Orientation: Sexuality: Bisexual Occupational: Medical Examiner
Fandom or original: Original
Appearance:

Personality: Independent, Sassy, intellectual, straightforward, perceptive, and methodical
Fears\guilt: Dying alone\ Losing touch with her family after the death of her sister. Not staying longer at her sister’s funeral because she blamed her parents for what happened.
Character’s ons and offs: WIP

Rel Mayer

This is right up my alley. I'm going to think up a sheet for this.

Dys Astyr

Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society -
:P

Player Name: Dys Astyr

Character Name: Kevin Asher - goes by Asher or Ash

Orientation: I am assuming this is meant to be sexual orientation, but I'm still not sure where this character is leaning. At the moment I'm saying he is at least panromantic, as desperate as he is to have an actual caring relationship.

Appearance: 6'1 Scrappy build. Shoulder length black hair that is always somewhat greasy looking. Washed out blue eyes that tend to look empty when he isn't actively engaged. Scruffy looking and disheveled. Slightly crooked nose and faintly asymmetrical features. 

Personality: Passive/aggressive. Way more passive than aggressive. Favors a "keep your head down and your mouth shut" type of mentality. Will lash out if pushed far enough. Will latch onto caring people and try to make them happy out of fear that they will leave him. Skeptical but easy to manipulate.

Fears\guilt Guilt: That he is alive and his twin is not. That he ruined his parents lives. That he ruins pretty much anything he gets involved in. That he is unable to honor his brother by living a decent life. Fears - Abandonment. Isolation. That he actually is dead and his life is some sort of fever dream. Mirrors/his own reflection. That he will always fail/be a disappointment.

offs and ons: Ons: Kindness. Interest. Warm smiles. Physical contact (hugs, face touching, etc...). Offs: Coldness/distance. Being belittled/shouted at. Being pushed away.

Boring and unnecessary details...
Asher had a twin brother that died during their premature birth. (Asher is the younger twin.) His parents were distant and fairly cold, bordering on neglectful. He grew up feeling like his parents did not love him and would have preferred for him to have died while his twin lived. As he got older he also heard rumors that his mother had actually attempted to have a back alley abortion that caused the death of his brother. Being fairly average at everything and with no real prospects he joined the Army after barely making it through high school. The military did not give him the sense of purpose and feeling of brotherhood he had hoped it would and he left as soon as his time was up. Since he has been drifting from dead end job to dead end job, full of despair at the way he lives his life but without the passion needed to change it. His emotional baggage sours his relationships, each break up and severed friendship leaves him wallowing in depression. He has resolved feebly to avoid such things in the future. This likely will not work because he is so desperate to belong somewhere. He hates his own reflection which reminds him of his twin, this aversion adds to his scruffy appearance.

About a year ago he started getting messages on Facebook from a man claiming to be his twin. The man telling him that he didn't actually die but was sold to a upper middle class couple than couldn't have children. Asher's parents definitely seemed the type to leap at the chance both to get out of responsibility and make a little money at the same time. He says he has a good job and a nice life but wants to meet his brother. The man claiming to be his twin convinces him to come stay with him and get a fresh start in Cold Creek.

So that's what I have. Let me know if it's acceptable. I kind of want horrible things to happen to Mr. Asher, so he may seem a little more vulnerable than necessary. I'd also be interested in doing a monster, but haven't come up with an idea for one yet. Will we still be able to pick up additional characters after the story starts?

Lady Sakura

Dys Astyr

Thank you. ;D And I just realized I missed putting in the O/Os. Oops.

Ana 1360

Submitted for the approval and comments of GM WindVoyager.

Player Name:Ana1360

Character Name: Orenda meaning "Magic Power". Called "Little Dove" by her closet friends a moniker given to her by her Shaman grandfather at her birth.

Orientation: Sexual, Little Dove is bisexual she may have the ability to switch forms which would become evident later which may upend her sexuality per the approval of the GM.

Occupational, Little Dove is a recent graduate from a prominent west coast law school which she matriculated at on a full Native American Scholarship. She plans to reunite with relatives who live in and around Toluca Lake and to study the horticulture of White Claudia.

Appearance: slender athletic build, very long black hair, magical emerald eyes. Please see image above.

Personality: fiercely independent, intelligent, difficult, isolated.

Fears/Guilt: Little Doves ancestors were the original inhabitants of "The Place of the Silenced Spirits". She traces her family lineage to the 1600's at Toluca Lake. Her bloodline is linked to the indigenous peoples of Cold Creek who were starved and burned off their "sacred lands" by settlers. She has built up anger, and resentment towards the current Town Fathers of Cold Creek.
Little Dove is awash in guilt for living in and thriving in the white mans world, attending, excelling,  and achieving at his most distinguished Universities after having learned from her grandfather on his deathbed that her great, great, great, grandmother, Huyana "Falling Rain",

a notably native american priestess of the time, was raped, and murdered by settlers on land her peoples had cultivated for centuries and where Jacks Inn sits today. It was Falling Rain who studied and cultivated the ancient teachings, and medicinal powers surrounding the indigenous plant, White Claudia. Lessons that have been passed down to Little Dove.

Characters Ons and Offs: To be determined after guidance from GM and consultation with any and all other characters.

I am willing to play any other characters or NPCs the GM needs an assist with.

Sincerely,
Ana

Lady Sakura

Ooooo! She looks amazing Ana. I can't wait to see her in action.

WindVoyager

Ana1360, Dys Astyr, Imogen, Lady Sakura, approved.

I need to pick up a co gm

Lady Sakura

Ana 1360

whimsy

Player Name: whimsy.

Character Name: Jaime "Jas" McNeil.

Orientation: Bisexual, preference to men.

Fandom or original: Original.

Appearance:
Jas
6'1" with a willowy yet firm build, Jas was born with naturally black hair that he dyes and styles frequently and without much forethought. His dark brown eyes appear almost black in low light and he has an impressive collection of coloured contacts. Piercings of all sorts pepper his limber frame, including several in his face (earl, snakebites, labret, and nose), his ears (7/16 gauge), and his nipples. His skin is a canvas that has been covered in ink over the years, his favourites being his throat lockbox, the blossoming flower with the seeing eye on his right hand, the cracked mirror on his left forearm, and the music note on his left cheekbone, although he also has a certain fondness for the "Ladylike" script across his knuckles.

Personality: Meticulous, dominating, and wrathful. Jas is a fighter, not a lover, and has no qualms with standing up for what he believes in, regardless of whose feathers he ruffles in the process. An adrenaline junkie who will stop at nothing to get his next "fix", he thrills in pushing people out of their comfort zones and pulling them along for a ride they'll never forget. Nothing sets him on edge more than being told what to do, and he spares no time for quitters or spineless people who refuse to stick up for themselves. He knows how to tell a good story and he loves the thrill of being scared. 

Fears: Being powerless.

Offs: White lies; anything touching his feet; people without any drive/motivation; girls who wear heels they obviously can't walk in; one-sided relationships.

Ons: People who know what they want and aren't afraid to go after it; being in control; exhibitionism and voyeurism; experimenting with drugs and sex; fast cars; leather jewelry.
o/o ⊱ ☯ ⊰ a/a

whimsy

o/o ⊱ ☯ ⊰ a/a

Inari

This has tickled my interest... but I am wondering if the ghost hunters could also include an exorcist?

WindVoyager

QuoteThis has tickled my interest... but I am wondering if the ghost hunters could also include an exorcist?

Yes. There are a number of malicious ghosts in Cold Creek after all.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269612.0  cold creek OOC

Inari

Player Name: Starcry
Fandom or original: A mixture.
Character Name: Uses her alias "Lucia." No one knows her true name.
Orientation: Pansexual.
Appearance: She stands at 5.7ft, has curves in all the right places and is toned from regular workouts. Her hair is always short jet black hair and she has unique eyes; one green/blue while the other is red. She has some battle scars all over her body from some of the cases she has taken, which didn't end so easily.
Personality: Lucia prides herself on her professionalism. She approaches everyone with the same aloofness until she has gauged a good idea of their intentions, at which point she will be a more friendly. Despite her experience of the supernatural, she addresses every situation with a healthy dose of scepticism. She always looks for a logical explanation behind any incident first and foremost before considering other reasonings.
Fears\guilt: She still feels guilty for having to kill her parents, despite the fact she has been reassured it was self-defense and that she did the right thing. Even though it has been 15 years she still thinks about it and what she could have done to prevent the incident.
Ons:  /
Offs: /
Extra info
Lucia has been hired by a couple of worried parents who's children went missing on a university trip to the town over the years. The university has not bothered looking into it because as far as they are concerned the students simply handed in notice via letters, didn't have the decency to talk to their lecturers, and didn't even inform their dorm mates that they would have to look for new room mates nor pick up their belongings before leaving. They just upped and left. The parents didn't hear anything until they got a letter sent to their addresses to confirm that their children had left their courses.

So far, Lucia's investigation hasn't turned up much but she had noticed a strange pattern emerging regarding visits to Cold Creek. Despite the fact that there were annual visits to this location, it would seem every few years at least one students would either get into an accident or just leave after visiting. She has come here to see if she can get to the bottom of this case so she can finally offer these poor parents some closure.

===

Basic so far but I hope she is ok.

Imogen

Ash to Joel: "Hey man, did you see those eyes?"

Joel, dreamy smile: "Oh boy, yes."

Ash: "I said eyes, Joel."

That lady is gonna turn some heads.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]