The Hive (Seeking F: M/f or non D/s)

Started by BrokenCollar, March 27, 2012, 07:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokenCollar

Hey there,

Thank you for finding my request here on Elliquiy.

After a recent roleplay I have fallen in love with a world of my creation and really am looking for more RPs within this setting.

Please note that my O/Os were well out of date so are currently undergoing reconstruction, any O/O questions I'd be happy to answer though.

So read below and hopefully my ideas will entice you.

The Hive, a futuristic metropolis with a huge divide between the top and bottom of society.

The city is ruled over by a monarchy called the 'Sovereignty' and is made up of the royal family and high class business people.

This is represented in the city by the different altitudes of the districts. The Underhive that is partially underground is the lowest tier, choked by the smog of industry and in a constant state of gang warfare. Gangs wage war against each other but also again the upper class who keep them poverty and disease stricken through carefully constructed and managed oversights. As the Underhive is below ground most of the structures are actually shanties upon shanties as the residents use whatever materials are available to try and construct a dwelling. The fumes and toxins from the industry that fuels the Hive flood the Underhive, cutting life expectancy and resulting in many residents developing a stained skin tone or other side effects shortly before succumbing to the cancerous tumours caused by the pollution.

Below the Underhive is an area called the depths, a series of sewers and waste disposals so contaminated that no one is ever said to return from there. The few reports that have come out of the depths speak of monsters and mutated freaks. Some say these were stories created to keep children away from the toxic vents and corrosive acid pools. But those who claim to have seen figures walking through the shacks at night would disagree.

Above the Underhive are the base spire levels and industrial plants as well as middle class habitation blocks. These are most commonly housing the factory owners and foremen who earn just enough to stay out of the Underhive. These levels fall under the Hive’s Soverign Duty law, meaning that properties are not passed on when the landowner dies and are handed back to the noble who’s residence that property falls under. It is also made illegal for property to be sold by or to anyone other than each area’s local noble or ‘Heir’, as all nobles are in line for the Sovereignty.

The whole city is dominated by towering skyscraper structures called spires. These spires are like cities in the sky, consisting of merchant floors, private and public monorail systems as well as above ground farms. The higher up the property is in the spire is relative to the class of the occupant, the higher classes being at the top and far away from the pollution of the city below. In many cases whole sections of a spire are controlled by guilds or Heir’s. This means that even the upper middle classes are drawn into the conflicts over the Sovereignty and forced to choose alleigence in the private wars fought between the upper classes.

Here are some pictures to further describe this world of imagination.

Underhive
Underhive 2
Underhive 3
Underhive 4
Underhive 5
Manufactorum
Manufactorum 2
Manufactorum 3
Manufactorum 4
Manufactorum Sector
Spire
Sovereign Spire
Spire- Skylink System
Spire Rail Station

I'm particulariy looking for plays set in the noble houses right now and am interested in hearing people ideas for interesting twists or inventions within the Hive.

This is a currrent idea but now have three players so will only play another version if a unique slant is put on it.

This video clip inspired this idea so I've attached it here to help get my idea across, skip through to 5:15. Please note this RP would not actually be a musical!
WWRY PART 5/17

The Underhive can be a hard pace to live, nd even harder without a gang at your back. So for a pair of freelance theives time are certainly tough. I'd love this play to capture the tongue and cheek romance of the clip, and for both characters to express their fun loving nature. This could would certainly cover ramnce, action, consencuel but hot and steamy sex, and possibly consensuel BDSM or bondage.

Here are some ideas for match ups:

Heir; Slave/ Maid/ Agent
Gang Leader; Gang Member/ Underhive Resident
Gang Officer; Gang Member, Underhive Resident/ Prostitute owned by Gang/ Captured Girl or prostutute being trained for Gang
Gang Member; Gang Member/ Underhive Resident

I'm also open to 'pasted' pairings from other RPs.

Please PM me if your interested in any aspect of the Hive.
Sorry to anyone I was talking too or planning an RP with. My health took a turn for the worse and am now back on my feet. Hope you all understand.

assionpay

I think this looks really interesting, a lot of potential for action, romance and what not :). Was thinking gang leader and gang member would be interesting to try out. I would love to hash out the details in a PM if you'd like :)
If I've usually posted by now, but haven't, check my absences:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=93771.0

BrokenCollar

Replied by PM :)

-cringes at cliche use of smiley-
Sorry to anyone I was talking too or planning an RP with. My health took a turn for the worse and am now back on my feet. Hope you all understand.

WendySlaveGirl

Hmmm..this does look interesting but then again I love sci-fi!

BrokenCollar

Awesome...

I don't know why I suddenly urge for sci-fi.... But have restrained myself thus far from buying MassEffect 3 so maybe this is backlash!

Any preference as to pairings you would like to play?

BrokenCollar

Update.

Added Manufactorum, Underhive and Spire pictures.

BrokenCollar

BrokenCollar

Updated with Gang officer and 'pasted' pairings.

Coming soon: Noble Houses of the Spires and Gangs of the Underhive.