Fast answer needed. O-o

Started by Wolfy, October 12, 2010, 08:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Ok..trying to install the new patch for WoW...and..I'd like to turn off my hard drive's limits. Like, it'll stop it if it gets down to like, 2.26 GB or something like that..and I'd like to turn that off...is there anyway to do it?

Also, if I compress the hard drive (There's an option for that under properties) will that give me more space? What would be the downsides?

Vekseid

Quote from: Wolfy on October 12, 2010, 08:49:37 PM
Ok..trying to install the new patch for WoW...and..I'd like to turn off my hard drive's limits. Like, it'll stop it if it gets down to like, 2.26 GB or something like that..and I'd like to turn that off...is there anyway to do it?

Also, if I compress the hard drive (There's an option for that under properties) will that give me more space? What would be the downsides?

A title like that is sure to get you ignored, you know.

How big is your hard drive? Have you run the filesystem checker on it? What OS are you using?

Disk compression is recommended on data areas where the material is compressible, because it will allow it to be loaded faster and no longer takes up much CPU. Text files, pdfs, bitmap images, etc.