TARDIS - Dr Who with a darker theme

Started by 3ldr1tch, June 06, 2005, 01:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3ldr1tch

Quote from: Valerian on June 07, 2005, 09:35:25 AM
Hm, well, I'm up for most things, I guess.  I'm not too into really bizarre tentacled thingies, but I don't mind them, if that's the majority decision.  My first vote would be Heavy NC, just so we can get more graphic if we choose, but either of the others is fine, too.

Perhaps you could be more of a regular K-9 unit, Natalie, who scientifically analyzes the mating behaviors going on.  ;)

How can you be ina call of Cthulhu game and not like bizzare tentacled things  ;D

I think if no-one objects I'll put it in NC exotic so we can do what we like with it. There doesn't have to be sex in the game at all - but the option will be there if any players want to take it.
The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents.

- H.P. Lovecraft ("The Call of Cthulhu")

Valerian

Hey, there's liking bizarre tentacled things, and then there's liking bizarre tentacled things.  Besides, Zoe hasn't had anything remotely resembling sex, even with a human.   :P

But yes, exotic is okay by me, if only to keep everyone's options open.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

kasen03

Keeping the options open is always best.  I agree.

And what's wrong with tentacled thingys?  You know..it's been AGES since I've done a scene like that.  Although..may not be tentacles.. I'm sure aliens such as Dralasites are going to be ALOT of fun. (which if no one watches other forums..means NOTHING to anyone else)

Natalie C. Barney

*vibrating Sybian system activates flipping over on K-9 MK VI back aka Princess* "Mistress you look tense relaxation systems are active if a Cyberman interfers I will activate blaster.,"little blaster points at the door.

Com on a mobile sex toy for the Time Lady should be fun!
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Valerian

Erm.  No, don't know what Dralasites are, and perhaps that's for the best.  Just thinking about the sorts of things Rutans might do is quite disturbing enough for me...

So the next question is, who's going to play the Time Lord?  If the character doesn't need to be female (which seems like the only thing making him hesitate), then I'm happy to let kasen step up to the job, and I'll try my 15th century minor noblewoman idea instead.  I've read so much about the time period, I should really use all that knowledge somewhere.  :)

I won't comment on mobile sex toys.  Heh.  That's up to our fearless leader.  ;)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Natalie C. Barney

The other option is a mobile weapons system K-9 with larger batteries, stronger blaster nose, more protection and a girlish nature. But the mobile Sybian sex toy could be funny! And it would have the normal K-9 features.

As for a human option how about a scantily clad Pictish warrior with a bow and other weapons in skimpy leathers and tattooes.
Natalie Clifford Barney

3ldr1tch

How about a mobile weapons system K9, with girlish nature, built in sybian and VR interface. It could be the ultimate lesbian sex toy :D

I'm only online briefly so I'll request a forum to be up some time tomorrow.

I would have prefered a female time lord, played by a female - but if no-one is up to the task then kasen can play a male timelord if he wants, or a female one with less sexiness.
The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents.

kasen03

Hmm.. thing is.. the doctor's forces never were that heavily armed.  That was usually the 'bad guys' not the good guys.

And I have no problem playing a female.  I'm thinking if I play just a companion I'll probably go swashbuckler. 

*sniff sniffs 'cause 3ldr1tch dun want me to play the time lord*

Natalie C. Barney

But the Doctor was almost a legend, and he did use weapons when it was needed in many episodes. Remember the first time he fought the Dalek's at their creation he had no problems working with the soldiers to seal them in. Add to that other cases. He did never carry a gun but K-9 was a valuable tool and weapon. Mine would just have an extra appendage and I like the VR/Hologram generator idea!
Natalie Clifford Barney

Valerian

I remember watching that scene in Earthshock for the first time, the one where the fifth Doctor has grabbed a Cyberman's weapon and is using it to shoot the Cyberman down... it was such a strange sight, the Doctor with a weapon in his hand... Though the episodes with K-9 tended to have a slightly different feel to them, so in most cases, seeing the Doctor asking K-9 to stun someone just didn't seem as jarring as it might have with another Doctor.  However, I guess the main point here is that the horror aspects will be more forceful if we have no to limited weaponry -- but then K-9 was always breaking down, or running out of power. ;)

And then there's still this Time Lord problem... I think a male Time Lord would be fine, especially since from the looks of things, he'd have two female (or at least feminine) companions right off the bat, and I would think that a mixed gender group would be preferable.  And if the game is successful enough, we could perhaps introduce a female Time Lord later on.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

kasen03

I would like to say..I don't mind playing a female.  I think 3ldr1ch just prefered a female /player/ running.. not the female time lord.

*grins* I ended up having a conversation over my lunch with a co-worker about Dr. Who and this thread.  To me.. the Doctor always tried to talk his way out of trouble..very rarely resorting to physical violence.

And yeah..K-9 was often zotting people..but those were stuns..not kill-o-zap rays :)  I always loved that otherworldly aire to the time lords.. how they were always..seeing the world through completely skewed glasses.  as if the littlist things were somehow important..and the big things irrevellent in the grand scheme of things ;)

3ldr1tch

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on June 07, 2005, 12:15:01 PM
But the Doctor was almost a legend, and he did use weapons when it was needed in many episodes. Remember the first time he fought the Dalek's at their creation he had no problems working with the soldiers to seal them in. Add to that other cases. He did never carry a gun but K-9 was a valuable tool and weapon. Mine would just have an extra appendage and I like the VR/Hologram generator idea!

*looks embarassed* You do know I was joking about the lesbian cyber dog thing, right? I wouldn't mind a ltille sex in the game (who doesn't), but I don't want the game to revolve around it!

Valerian

Well, all I can say is, I'm not sure I can quite do justice to the Time Lord role, whereas kasen seems to have more confidence about the whole thing, whether the character is male or female, and either is all right by me.  I guess there are also a few other things we could work on, such as a time/place to start out in, and perhaps whether we want to try recruiting another player...
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

kasen03

I liked 3ldr1tch's idea of having seperate threads for all the companions.. and having something happen to each of them before they all join the time lord.

Of course..it's so hard coming up with a very Dr Who'ish sounding name without stealing the reverent "Doctor"

"Hottie Who?" *snickers*

Valerian

Oh, I fully expect Bad Things to happen to my character at the beginning, especially if she's going to be coming from the middle of the Wars of the Roses.  Heh.  So separate threads to start sounds good to me.

The name is hard, but I refuse to call anyone 'Hottie'.  :P  How about a feminine title, like the Rani used?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Natalie C. Barney

Actually K-9 can stun or fire powerful killing laser beams, usually up to the Doctor, in cases where they were facing really aggressive aliens or had to blast through an ostacle K-9 could go hostile. Remember when he fought the vampires in the E-space episodes K-9 was in there blasting away with the other humans. It depends totally on the circumstances.
Natalie Clifford Barney

kasen03

The 'Hottie' Who was me being coy.

Actually I've been giving this thought..and have a sortof idea I'm musing with.  And it's partially reminiscent of the old episodes listening to K-9 talking to Lady Romana.

"Mistress"  Which has MANY different connentations..all of which make me smile.  I don't think we're going for a bdsm sense here..so it would be more in the term of respect.  As one from the 16th century would refer to the lady of the house. :)

Of course she'd have her full name.. but it would be mostly unpronouncable to humans :)  Thoughts?

BTW..Dr Who is in on 10..so I'll be gone for abit.  Hunkering down with my old RPG books too :)  Cheers and talk to you later.

*offers popcorn all around*

Valerian

Yes, I know you were being coy, but I'm still not calling anyone "Hottie".  :P

Mistress would certainly work (and provide a little humor), but I'm terrible at names.  Of course, probably someone could just randomly type out a long string of letters, and that would work just fine...

*munches popcorn*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

kasen03

You know..it sucks being one week behind the british releases.  That episode you mentioned with the rift is NEXT week.. although this week was good :)

I'm glad you liked 'Mistress'.. I thought it would be cute. :)

Valerian

I'm so pathetic.  I've been searching my books and the net, trying to find an actual person from the Wars of the Roses that I could play...
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

kasen03

Bah..not pathetic.

Which reminds me..instead of playing the Urbs.. while waiting for postings..I should get my butt in gear and make up a timelord.

:)  I'm in the chat room if anyone wants to yabber.

Valerian

Hm, well, I didn't know there was a chat room, but apparently it's a moot point, as it doesn't seem to work for me, anyway...
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

kasen03

Aww..sure it does.. click on the CHAT button on the top.  Then once it loads (I think you need to have flash drivers installed, which are free) then you just type in a nickname (such as Valerian) and pick a room.

BTW..I'm being slowly reminded how cumbersome these antique rpg systems are.  I'm boggled down in skill generation..tee hee :) Feel glad that Mr Dm isn't forcing all of us to do this :) I must be a masichist.. and a bad speller.

Valerian

I'm pretty sure I have flash, but it never seems to actually load.  It sits on a grey screen.  But I'll try it again in a bit...

Well, I'll admit I do have a habit of making my characters up in GURPS even when I don't have to, but I don't think I'll try that this time, and that isn't all that cumbersome for me anyway.  So yeah, you're just a masochist.  *was once the youngest regional spelling champ ever on her home turf*

Hm, guess that makes me a braggart, too, though that was an awfully long time ago, of course...
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

kasen03

*grins* I played Gurps once..and that was like 15 years ago :)

I'm almost through skills.. then I get to descriptions :)