Curvey Women/High IQ Correlation

Started by Paradox, November 11, 2009, 04:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7090300.stm

If the reason turns out to be the increased Omega-3, I can see this as being plausible. When I started taking fish oil on a daily basis, I noticed a significant increase in general intellectual abilities (granted, I'm not a woman, but still).

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Inkidu

Yeah I was watching O'Brian last night and he, after much audience input, said that women with larger dirty pillows were found to be ranked higher on the IQ test. I like the bit he added in about the researcher admitting he wasn't really paying that much attention though. Priceless.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

* Oniya is apparently an outlier.   8-)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on November 13, 2009, 08:08:38 PM
* Oniya is apparently an outlier.   8-)
And without the horrible burden of modest either. ;) (I kid)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

I'm obviously modest about one of the two conditions ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on November 13, 2009, 10:40:40 PM
I'm obviously modest about one of the two conditions ;)
Touche. (One of these day's I'll bother learning how to use the French keyboard, but not today.)

Yakkul

I just cannot agree with that kind of research, in my experience (when working in IT) stupid people come in all shapes and sizes... (and genders!)

And two of the smartest ladies I've ever met, were at the opposite ends of the sizing ratio. 

All I can really say is, congrats to the scientist/s responsible who managed to convince someone to pay them for yet another silly study...

Kate

I think the reason for the correlation is cultural not genetic for example

if you are very pretty and very rich and have supporting loving family that is balanced and open minded etc.... you wouldn't be plagued with frustration or insecurity issues allowing you to more easily focus on the task at hand (IQ tests or any social interaction).

If you have body issues, self confidence issues, been a victim of prejudiced or fear it etch your mind is juggles more things - mainly negative / fearful thoughts.

emotive landscape has MASSIVE effects on performance of any kind.

When your happy with your lot things work.

Those that are more curvy would have a tendencies to think they have the "X-Factor" which is a big thing for society for women to be feel good about themselves.

So on average - they may score better when they apply themselves.

To the contrary thought - some that have body issues but high wisdom may have an ability to dispense of anyithng associated with anything OTHER than their intention (force of will) ... or what they deem their "gift" ( they may have been told they are smart )
... effectively causing higher IQ test scores.

When we are distracted or have 1000 issues in our lives we all know paying attention to something abstract is harder. I beleive that intelligence is a product of managing Attention, awareness, patience and focus and not separate from it.

Healthy body image in this culture removes some barriers effectively explaining these results.