The Kingdom Of Alaywin - fantasy in an icy setting

Started by RedEve, December 25, 2013, 03:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

There is no reason why your picture should be a perfect 1:1 representation of your character, skyre.
If you have an image that half-works, just use that one and then write a little accompanying addendum to the image where you explain what physical traits would be different from the artwork.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Chrystal

Or do a female character. There's tonnes of blonde half-naked chicks with bows and arrows...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

RedEve

Quote from: Chrystal on December 31, 2013, 05:55:24 AM
Or do a female character. There's tonnes of blonde half-naked chicks with bows and arrows...

Chrystal

Lol, yeah, the number of times the wife and I saved the world like that.... *giggles*

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Chrystal

Chrystal

Vaulera

Uh, okay, so as for the vikings, who do they actually make raids on? Do they do it in the same way here? The standard jump off, burn, pillage and steal? I am just curious, I am still in the process of writing the history. I have a decent picture, and an Idea of what I want the character to be like, just some things that shouldn't be missing in her story.

Crimson Caine

I thought this might be appropriate for the game.

The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

Chrystal

I once wrote a story in collaboration with a good friend called Amazon on E, called "Burn, Rape, Pillage (Not necessarily in that order)".

If anyone wants to read it they are more than welcome, it's in completed tales and I have it bookmarked!

RedEve

Quote from: Vaulera on December 31, 2013, 05:36:48 PM
Uh, okay, so as for the vikings, who do they actually make raids on? Do they do it in the same way here? The standard jump off, burn, pillage and steal? I am just curious, I am still in the process of writing the history. I have a decent picture, and an Idea of what I want the character to be like, just some things that shouldn't be missing in her story.

The Vikings raid the settlements that find themselves on the Eastern seaboard of the nearest Western continent. The climate is more mild there, and better adapted to farming.
They have been forced to make their raids ever more inland as the inhabitants of those former coastal villages and towns have relocated to be slightly more out of reach.

RedEve

Okay, I will start sending feedback in terms of the CS today.
If you do not yet hear back from me, then that is no cause for concern. I will likely only get to some people tomorrow or even Monday.

Chrystal

Chrystal

Chrystal

I've got the same sort of thing on the Assys side... Hunter, tracker and trader.

I think our characters should know each other at least by reputation, and may even have met.

Chrystal

Fair enough. My character is one-quarter Viking, and her parents were regular visitors to Blueport, however. So there is a good chance they will have at least encountered each other, if not actually met.

Oberon

And another approved CS!

My character is an Assys ice ship captain and member of the standing army of Alaywin. He spent his entire career up north patrolling the borders so it's possible he's never encountered a viking before. I assume he's part of the delegation because he's had first hand experience fighting the pale ones. As a military man he's a bit overly serious and big on discipline. Will be interesting to see how he gets along with the more free spirited members of the party :-)
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science.
A. Einstein

Chrystal

Quote from: Oberon on January 04, 2014, 08:24:35 AM
And another approved CS!

My character is an Assys ice ship captain and member of the standing army of Alaywin. He spent his entire career up north patrolling the borders so it's possible he's never encountered a viking before. I assume he's part of the delegation because he's had first hand experience fighting the pale ones. As a military man he's a bit overly serious and big on discipline. Will be interesting to see how he gets along with the more free spirited members of the party :-)

Your ice ship captain could be there simply to transport the majority of the delegation, and command the military protection?

Oberon

Quote from: Chrystal on January 04, 2014, 09:51:36 AM
Your ice ship captain could be there simply to transport the majority of the delegation, and command the military protection?

*nods* If an ice ship is needed then it would certainly make sense to use the one under his command. Better clean your boots before boarding though, he's just had the decks scrubbed. Twice. With a toothbrush :-)
A. Einstein

Chrystal

Oh, no. Lysan will be scouting ahead on her fast dog sled...

That's actually a question for the GM...

Big, fast dogs, of a fictional breed, originally created by magic to haul sleds, strong, thick furred, intelligent. Can we create that?

RedEve

Sure, but I would suggest that the magic is somehow embedded in their DNA/bloodline. They are another remnant of the past in which the Assys' magic was more powerful.

Chrystal

That's exactly what I was thinking, yes. Not that they have been created by magic to be what they are, but that they have been bred by magic over the years - in fact maybe the sled dogs too are beginning to show signs of the magic breeding out of them? They eat more and rest more than they used to in generations gone by...

I was thinking they would stand between 3' and 4' at the shoulder, and look something like a cross between a husky and a bull mastiff:

xPeachyPuff

Thank you for approving my character, RedEve.

- Rainbow

Oberon

Seems the image I picked for my character was also chosen by another player. Great minds and all that *smiles*

So I'm thinking of changing my character's avatar to this one:

Just putting it out here first in case I've picked another one that someone else is already using :-)
A. Einstein

Chrystal

Quote from: Oberon on January 05, 2014, 06:18:56 AM
Seems the image I picked for my character was also chosen by another player. Great minds and all that *smiles*

So I'm thinking of changing my character's avatar to this one:

Just putting it out here first in case I've picked another one that someone else is already using :-)

He should probably get that cut looked at before it goes septic....