Pathfinder - Carrion Crown

Started by Andi, January 24, 2016, 11:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andi

I am looking for one to three interested players to join an ongoing Pathfinder campaign. The storyline follows the Carrion Crown adventure path; the existing group consists of a fighter, an alchemist and a cleric. Attrition over Christmas caused several players to vanish; the group is currently level 1 (i.e., at the very beginning). Please contact me via PM or post in this thread if interested.

Lunar Raven

Certainly interested in anything Pathfinder at the moment.  Are there any special requirements going for the game?
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Andi

Not sure what you mean by special requirements? Ideally, the character either has a connection to Professor Lorrimor (a researcher dealing, in particular, with assorted dark cults of Golarion, who has recently died under suspicious cirumstances), or be a resident of Ravengro, a small town in Ustalav that, during the period of the Ustalav monarchy, hosted the nation's high security prison and death row.. Character creation is 25 points, prefer no unusual races (but send a PM to discuss if the concept requires it), 3 traits of which one should be a Carrion Crown campaign trait. I'll have to find the link to the player's guide, but I believe it to be available for free on www.paizo.com.

Muse

*Raises his hand* 

May I play a wizard who coresponded regularly wiht PRofessor Lorimar after he gave a talk at the university she attended? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Grizzly

We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Snake

INterested as well. I'm quite familiar with this AP

Andi

Snake, Grizzly, Lunar - anything you need from me to put together a character pitch?

Muse: Sure. I'd like to hear more about that wizard.

Player's Guide as promised.

Snake

Nah I'm good. I have the player's guide already so pulling together a char will be relatively easy. There are two three races mentioned in though that are unusual, are they allowed? They are changelings, Dhampirs, and skinwalkers. all of which are said to be player races in the ARG

Lunar Raven

I'm working on the character in question.  Technically two, just to provide an option.  I should have them presentation for viewing in a day or two.

Idea & Request Thread

Grizzly

Quote from: Andi on January 27, 2016, 12:21:38 AM
Snake, Grizzly, Lunar - anything you need from me to put together a character pitch?

I think that I'm good.  I should be able to put something together by the end of the weekend.

Muse

Andi, do you want full sheets from us now? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Andi

Give a more-than-two-lines idea of the character concept; if the concept is heavily entwined with mechanics (yes, I've seen it happen ;) ), I'd like to see the sheet now, but really, what I'm after right now is a good idea of who you are thinking to play.

Muse

“My name is Elisonora Eidelwiess. 

“For over a century, I have danced in the moonlight.  The music of the night birds is my symphony. The fireflies light my way. 

“For centuries, wisdom, knowledge, and magic has waited quietly in musty old tomes, waiting ofr me to tenderly caress their secrets free and bring them with me into the woods.  My teachers—mortal and elven alike—have offered me gentle guidance and the freedom to bring out secrets few have realized.  I dance between moonbeams, vanishing between heartbeats.  I call to heaven for aid and the gods answer my pleas with fireflies.  I listen to the nigh wind, and I learn to sing. 

“For three decades Professor Lorimar's letters have been as true a guide on my journey as the immortal masters of the academy. 

“He goes before us now into the next world.  I have come to bid him good journey with my song.  I have come to remember him with those who treasured him as I did.” 

Elsinora is a whimsical wizard, a dreamer and an artist  Skilled with sword and spell alike, she controls the battlefield with fast, short range teleportaion and the aid of celestial fire beetles. 

Snake

"My name's Syra, and my surname isn't any of your business. Anyway, I'm originally from Riddleport a thoroughly enjoyable crime-ridden city in Northwestern Varisia.  I started off as a normal street thief and cutpurse until I ran afoul of one of the Crime Lords of the city, which compounded to the Overlord putting a price out on my capture." The young woman paces a bit, her arms crossed under a sizable bust with her long black hair swishing about.

"So I decided to get the 9 hells out of town and fled to the south. I've visited all sorts of places, following the next major score or payout. Until I was attacked one night during a heist by something...hideous and quite powerful. I think the damnable thing was a vampire but luckily Professor Lorrimor and one of his investigation parties stepped in to help me. But the old man took a keen interest in the attack, what I'd done to provoke it; how I managed to avoid having the thing mess with my mind; everything." She paces a bit more like she's waiting for something.

"So when I heard he'd passed away, a strange little part of me was....sad to see such a nice man go. Normally I don't like guys but he was quite nice, annoying questionsome but nice.  I suppose there's nothing more to it other than to see what this business of a will is."

Syra is a thief from the north whose original ambition is purely monetary in nature but on the way to Ravengro; she starts to think that maybe there's more she can do to honor the man's memory.

Lunar Raven

Sorry for the delay in getting the character up.  I'll post up the general concept I had in mind.

SHORN
Age: 68 (appears early 20s);  Alignment: LN;  Race: Aasimar
Height: 5' 10;  Weight: 155 lbs.;  Class: Unchained Monk
Traits: teacher's pet (campaign), other pending

Born on the isle of Hermea, Mathis was born to parents directly chosen by the great golden dragon Mengkare as part of his personal quest to help humanity achieve its fullest potential through selective breeding and allowing them full exposure, time, and opportunity to pursue endeavours to perfection.  As it were, however, greatness is not necessarily always passed from parent to child – Mathis was such a case.  Though not physically defective, his ethical and moral outlook was anything but what was desired, more so that he showed no sign or willingness to change his way of thinking.

Having not committed crimes of any sort, nor disturbed the peace, Mathis was exiled and land of Hermea forever barred to him from returning.  By far and large, this suited Mathis just fine, given as how he found the isle confined and limited in its world view.  The next outbound ship carried him to Magnimar, the place where he first came to meet Professor Lorrimor.  Realising how little he actually did know about the world, Lorrimor became his first true teacher rather than someone who merely offered gentle encouragement meant not to bruise the ego.

It was in Magnimar that Mathis gave up the name he had received in Hermea, electing to be called Shorn instead, meant to remind him that he had cut all ties with the fabled island of his birth, and why – it is a name meant to remind him to prove Mengkare wrong and become better than he was a year ago.  Better than he was a day ago.  Better than he was a second ago.  Whilst Shorn went to universities in Magnimar to talk and learn from the Professor, he earned his keep by being a bouncer at local bars, where his capability to subdue others unarmed was valued.

When a letter came to him several months after the old man had set out to return back his native lands, Shorn immediately packed his bags, took whatever earnings he had and left of Ravengro.

Idea & Request Thread

freeko

Something tells me that my approval came a few days late to be able to get into this game?

If not I could have a paladin character up and going within a timeframe close to well, right now.

Let me know one way or the other if you would please.

Thanks for your time.

Grizzly

Here's the concept that I was working on, an Inquisitor using the Chance Savior campaign trait.  Feedback is welcome.  :)

Seated comfortably at the table, an empty mug dangling playfully from an extended finger, the woman looks up.

"I guess you're here for me, eh?" she says easily, a playful smile playing at her lips.  "My name?  Nimeda Massak.  Does that sound funny to you?  I'm not surprised.  I'm not from around here.  In fact I'm not sure where I'm originally from.  It's a bit of a long story, would you like to hear it?"

"I suppose that I had a normal childhood, what little that I can remember from it, with good parents and an older sister. You see, I was very young when some sort of monster attack wiped out the village where I was staying.  You don't have to look so horrified for me, I was really too young to remember much about it.  Age has sort of dulled the memories and I'm glad for it.  It was pretty horrible from what I've been told.  No, I was the only survivor, but I'll get to that."

"I was found by the company of Tanarak Brightmace, a Demon hunter of Desna.  Odd combination right?  Anyways, his troop had ben pursuing a demon that had been destroying villages and they had tracked it to mine.  They were pretty surprised to find small girl amidst the bodies.  They didn't know of any other relatives that I might have had and I certainly couldn't tell them of any, so Tanarak took me in.  I was too young to really contribute anything to the company but I soon learned their stock and trade.  It wasn't an easy youth but I survived, and I've got some interesting stories to go along with the scars.  It didn't help that I eventually learned the reason why Tanarak took me in."

"Tanarak was a bit of a bastard it turns.  See, the demon that they were hunting had disappeared after it destroyed my village and they figured that since previous villages had been destroyed with no survivors, there must have been some reason why I was left alive.  Turns out Tanarak wanted to use me as bait, hoping that the demon would come to him.  It worked of course but that didn't make it any easier to swallow when I found out.  Words were said, curses tossed about and we parted ways."

"Was this recent?  Yeah, sort of.  It's why I'm here partaking of this taverns fine selection of ales.  Well, not the only reason.  A little ways back, I ran into Professor Lorrimor by chance, and helped him out of a spot of trouble.  I was glad to do so and the Professor was ever so grateful and we sort of kept in touch for a while.  I had heard of his passing and that came with a summons of some sort.  So, I'm here to pay my respects to the man and see just what this summons is all about."

Andi

Freeko, go ahead and send your pitch. Not too late.

Andi

Grizzly, that's an interesting idea. Definitely would like to see more of that.

freeko

Kalna Dyrdahl

Age: 28 Aln: LG Race: Human Height: 5'8' Weight:??? Class: Paladin

Kalna was summoned to Ravengro by the Pathfinder Society to investigate foul dealings going on in the region. Having gained a reputation as an incorruptable and indomitable force, Kalna was set to commence her investigation. She found all manner of foul and unholy dealings and had gone so far as to take up residence in Ravengro for a few years. She was investigating the dealings of one Professor Lorrimor at the time of his unfortunate disappearance.

Looking into this disappearance has brought her into a group that has been formed for the express purpose of getting to the bottom of both the disappearance of Professor Lorrimar and the Cults of Golarion that he was investigating.

Andi

I feel like I should ask, looking at how many lady characters are being submitted by lords: Just what is the expectation of this game?

(( Note: I have nothing against people playing characters of genders other than their own. I am merely curious, largely because of the amount of submissions in that vein. ))

Muse

*Chuckles* 

From what I know of this adventure path, I doubt there'll be much opertunity for non con.  (Not that I wouldn't enjoy it.) 

I just enjoy having a pretty girl to imagine as I play.  My creative writing projects frequently focus on heroines too.  :)

freeko

Quote from: Andi on February 01, 2016, 05:24:49 PM
I feel like I should ask, looking at how many lady characters are being submitted by lords: Just what is the expectation of this game?

(( Note: I have nothing against people playing characters of genders other than their own. I am merely curious, largely because of the amount of submissions in that vein. ))

Personally, I get my male rp at larps or that ugly game called real life that we have to play every so often. I think playing as a female cements this as a fantasy in my mind.

Snake

I'd have to agree with Feeko on this

Grizzly

Quote from: Andi on February 01, 2016, 05:24:49 PM

*Shrugs*

No real reason.  I tend to alternate the genders of the characters that I create.  The character before this one was male so it was time to create a female character.